Forum Description: Question about ASRock AMD motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4583
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 10:42pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Fatal1ty Pro Gaming x370 Issue with Aquantia 5G
Posted By: Morrowless
Subject: Fatal1ty Pro Gaming x370 Issue with Aquantia 5G
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 9:09pm
Some web sites load images every slowly or is not loading at all. Battle.net for example; can't connect at all to Overwatch. Installed latest drivers.

If I switch to Intel Ethernet it works. So definitely an issue with the Aquantia.

Replies:
Posted By: wardog
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 9:32pm
I found the Aquantia 5G port flaky when used with 10/100/1000 routers and my switches. Not sure if it is the additional protocols or just what exactly.

My other problem is, while I did just recently buy a 5G switch,  I only have one box with the Aquantia to test with thus I can't troubleshoot any further until I get another board with an Aquantia on it.

Stick with the Intel NIC/PHY. At least IMO more 5G networking devices become readily available and less costly.

There is nothing to be gained unless you have 5G capable equipment from the MB all the way to and including your router and cable modem, or DSL modem.

Edit for clarification to include "and cable modem,"

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

I found the Aquantia 5G port flaky when used with 10/100/1000 routers and my switches. Not sure if it is the additional protocols or just what exactly.

I should have added that I fully believe it is communication related issue(s) between the Aquantia 5G pot and 10/100/1000 network equipment.

We'll most likely see firmware updates for all our 10/100/1000 devices as soon as more and more Aquantia and other 5G PHY's become widely sold and used.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 10:04pm
Thanks for the info. Probably my old router then. No way I'll reach 5 Gigabit speeds any time soon over Internet, and I don't have any use for local Ethernet... so call it a waste lol. It was either this or Taichi x370. Only the Fatal1ty was in stock so..

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 10:16pm
" rel="nofollow - A step up, the Fatal1ity is over the Taichi.

Yea, a pinch and squeeze more $$, yet a better board nonetheless.

How long have you had it? Any excitement or thoughts so far?

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 10:32pm
Yea, really happy with this board. This was my first ever ASRock and high-end board, seems like its OC capability is unquestioned. Timely BIOS updates are a plus too. 

Edit: Just had it for a day. No real issues.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Morrowless Morrowless wrote:

Yea, really happy with this board. This was my first ever ASRock and high-end board, seems like its OC capability is unquestioned. Timely BIOS updates are a plus too. 

Great. That's good to hear you're pleased.

Posted By: twf85
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 4:57am
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by Morrowless Morrowless wrote:

Some web sites load images every slowly or is not loading at all. Battle.net for example; can't connect at all to Overwatch. Installed latest drivers.

If I switch to Intel Ethernet it works. So definitely an issue with the Aquantia.

So what you're saying is that only some websites load slowly, or just the ones you've tried?

Is the ethernet cable that connects you to the router Cat6? I have a Cat6 line to my router (only 1Gbps), and I noticed a small (1-5Mbps+) difference in my speedtest.net results. I would have switched over to using it full time, but I didn't feel like changing my IP reservation yet again, so I just swapped it back into the Intel port.

-------------
https://valid.x86.fr/qc9lr0" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 10:12am
Originally posted by twf85 twf85 wrote:

I would have switched over to using it full time, but I didn't feel like changing my IP reservation yet again, so I just swapped it back into the Intel port.

What? Sheesh!! You don't have all your MAC addresses memorized by now? Tongue

Posted By: twf85
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 5:04am
" rel="nofollow - Haha, I guess I am slippin' huh?

-------------
https://valid.x86.fr/qc9lr0" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: castravete
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 8:29am
I also have a issue with aquantia on a z270 fatal1ty pro i7 .
after 2 days of use (brand new mainboard) on a 1 Gb connection the 5gb aquantia died!tried a lot of driver versions (almost all) it looks like it is ok but,it does not get any ip from router or any internet,if I put manually the ip no says no connection!!.Also if I disable it and enable it after 2 minutes it crashes the win 10Pro !Directly BSOD!!I am now on i219v but,it looks like the aquantia is like 30-50Mbps faster and faster ping than intel.
i am on a 1GB connection to the internet on FO.
i'll go and change the mobo in a few days.and come back with more results hoping the new-new mobo wont kill the Aquantia again.

Posted By: jpopcorn
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 6:33am
The 5GB aquantia connection: I have the same issue.  Tried both cat 6 and cat 7 cables.  Was thinking of RMA-ing the board just for this.  But now, it appears that the 5G chip or drivers are flaky for everyone.  Took me a while to pinpoint it.  It really disrupts all internet activity when connected.  Was going to try the drivers next, but  castravete already tried that (see above post).

Date Posted: 01 May 2017 at 5:56am
it look's like the problem is with the usb ports under the aquantia port on the back of the board. seems like when you use those usb ports it is drawing power from the chip itself(aquantia) if you dont use them looks that is woring. i forgot to mention that i tries to rma the board but i could not wait 2 weeks for the service to fix/change it. i put it back in the chasis and the aquantia started to work again no issues. i realized that it has something to do with the usb ports under the Aquantia connector.

Date Posted: 01 May 2017 at 9:33am
" rel="nofollow -

Thank you for the suggestion.  Just tried removing all USB 3.0 cables from the MB back panel.  No go for me with the 5G LAN.  BTW, there are USB ports on the side of the 5G, and on the row above, but none underneath.  

Is there a way to disable the 5G in the BIOS?  I can?™t find that.  HD audio, yes, but no LAN controls at all.

Going to request RMA.  It can't hurt.   

Date Posted: 01 May 2017 at 3:19pm
i have a z270 fatal1ty professional gaming i7 mobo. on my board the aquantia has a socket with 2 usb ports under.
but you can disable it from the os. but. it is a brand new board wtf! i culd not make peace with myself having a new defective board. so you should rma it,if it does not come to life.

Date Posted: 01 May 2017 at 5:04pm
" rel="nofollow - I agree, why should we keep defective boards?  RMA it is. 
I have the Fatal1ty Pro Gaming x370, which is the board in this thread.  But it's good to know that it doesn't matter, Intel or AMD, the 5G lan still sucks. 

Posted By: Kevin A
Date Posted: 02 May 2017 at 5:34am
My 5gb/s port glitched for a while on my Fatality X370 Pro Gaming system as well.

I did my basic troubleshooting and eventually went into the MMC(Device Manager) and found it (along with the Intel and Wi-Fi), then I 'r-clicked' it and chose 'uninstall device'. I also chose the check box that gave the option to 'delete the driver software for this device'.

Afterwards I re-installed the driver software from the AsRock support page and it worked like a charm again.

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Drivers/All/LAN/Aquantia_LAN%28v1.40.025%29.zip" rel="nofollow - ASRock 5gb/s Driver software

Hope it helps instead of an RMA. The Link is for Win10 64-bit OS downloads.

Date Posted: 02 May 2017 at 1:48pm
Thank you.  I tried uninstalling and deleting the drivers several times.  Today, I spoke with ASRock tech support.  They had me reset the CMOS using the pins, and after cutting the power and fully disconnecting the 24 pin power connector.  Still didn't work.  It was my experience that the 5G can work OK for a while.  In my case, I requested a RMA.

Posted By: Norbert08
Date Posted: 02 May 2017 at 3:20pm
Hello, This is Bios or Driver problem. I have a Prof Gaming X370, and this is my problem... but the two lan (intel and Wifi) is perfect...
Sorry my bad English..

Date Posted: 02 May 2017 at 5:03pm
Yes.  My intel LAN and Wi-Fi also worked perfectly.  In fact, everything worked perfectly - except that 5G LAN.  And I tried everything that I could think of to fix it.  That's why when I called in for the RMA, I asked to speak with tech support.  Maybe they would have an answer, but no.

Posted By: aqc108
Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 12:13pm
Hello,

I may have a solution for your situation, but will need to verify a newer driver tonight with my system at home.  Standby for quite possibly a driver update.

Thanks,
Lester

Date Posted: 08 May 2017 at 2:59pm
Got a new board from Asrock under RMA warranty.  Same issue.  Newegg is a good test site.  Newegg's site loads nicely except when the 5G LAN is connected.  Then it will not connect.  Direct cat 6 connection from the cable modem to the 5G LAN input.  No go.  I just don't know what to think now.  Wow.

Posted By: lowdog
Date Posted: 08 May 2017 at 6:23pm
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by jpopcorn jpopcorn wrote:

Got a new board from Asrock under RMA warranty.? Same issue.? Newegg is a good test site.? Newegg's site loads nicely except when?the 5G LAN is connected.? Then it will not connect.? Direct?cat 6 connection?from?the cable modem to the 5G LAN input.? No go.? I just don't know what to think now.? Wow.

Must be your router because it's working fine for me with my X370 Gaming Pro.

Posted By: TooQik
Date Posted: 08 May 2017 at 8:20pm
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by jpopcorn jpopcorn wrote:

Got a new board from Asrock under RMA warranty.  Same issue.  Newegg is a good test site.  Newegg's site loads nicely except when the 5G LAN is connected.  Then it will not connect.  Direct cat 6 connection from the cable modem to the 5G LAN input.  No go.  I just don't know what to think now.  Wow.

Given that you seem to have tried everything on the PC side, have you tried updating the firmware of the modem/router? Might be worth a try.

Posted By: Highflyer
Date Posted: 09 May 2017 at 10:56pm
I have the ASRock Fatality X370 Pro Gaming and the Intel Lan NIC works flawlessly. But I have problems like "Stop 'N Go" with the Aquantia 5G LAN NIC.

I assume it could be a driver issue. @ Lester from Aquantia: A new driver is being eagerly expected! - Thanks for it in advance!Handshake

Date Posted: 13 May 2017 at 2:15pm
My modem router is rented from Cox Cable, the Arris 24x8 Ultimate Tier device.  Upgrading the firmware is up to them.  I tried connecting directly to it with the 5G and still no go.  Then I tried configuring the advanced settings of the 5G to match the intel.  That's time consuming!  It didn't work either.  I agree with Highflyer above.  It's got to be a driver issue to establish greater compatibility.  Everything else is with this system is rocking!

Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 10:21am
An FYI to those still here concerning the Aquantia 5G port ...........

New Aquantia drivers that Users say remedy much concerning it:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5205&PID=29754&title=x370-pro-gaming-aquantia-lan-issue#29754

Originally posted by SoniC SoniC wrote:

P.S. ASRock support replied me this today:

please update to latest Aquantia LAN driver 1.40.42.0 from:

http://www.aquantia.com/driver-download/" rel="nofollow - http://www.aquantia.com/driver-download/

choose part Number: AQN-108 and Platform: Windows 

And afterwards the install procedure... 
Nice for the Support to catch up to the latest driver versions too...
Anyway - it basically confirms what I am testing / feeling since 18 Hours+ on Aquantia now = with 1.40.42.0 drivers it actually works... 
And it works kinda better than intel I211 (might be a placebo though).

Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 6:21pm
Thank you for the latest Aquantia Nic driver! I have been testing it for a while and I think the driver improved a lot.

Posted By: Ivan_83
Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 11:59pm
You should try to set fixed 1Gb port speed instead auto in Aquantia nic settings.
My guess that Aquantia try to auto negotiate 5Gb speed, but fail.

Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 3:12am
The problem concerning Aquantia NIC not connecting to teamspeak server has been solved. I reinstalled some features of windows 10 64bit and installed XFast LAN via APP shop, that worked. I am happy now.Big smile

Posted By: Ivan_83
Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 3:28am
" rel="nofollow - 100? 10? half duplex?
flow control off?

Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 3:40pm
The latest driver is working for me.  Finally!  It's version 1.40.42.0.  I RMA'ed my board because of the old bad driver.  Unbelievable.  Again, so far so good.

Posted By: bobble233
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 4:02am
FYI, I still had this problem on the latest driver.  It's either a driver issue, or it's an issue with the hardware itself.  If you disable hardware checksum offload in the advanced driver options, everything works.  Please fix it asap..

Posted By: SoniC
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 6:26am
Good that you've reported it here, but open a ticket with the actual manufacturer that releases borked drivers too!
https://portal.aquantia.com/customer-portal/" rel="nofollow - https://portal.aquantia.com/customer-portal/

-------------
-=SoniC=-
TR x1950, ASRock X399 FPG (v. 3.33A), G.Skill 3200 CL14 64GB, Enermax LiqTech 280,
AMD Vega 64 LC, 10x HDDs (mostly Hitachi), 2x M.2 (970EVO,960Pro), Xonar DX, AX1200i PSU

Posted By: Porsaan
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 12:02am
" rel="nofollow -
What features are you talking about? I have the same problem with ts and had to switch back to the intel nic. (this is on z370 fatality gamer i7 10gb).

-------------
Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7. EVGA DG-87 EVGA 1080 8700k
Samsung 960Evo/950Pro
Corsair Rm1000i

Posted By: MisterJ
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 12:25am
bobble233, this is a user forum and almost no one who posts here is an ASRock employee, certainly not I.  To get something fixed you need to open a ticket with ASRock or Aquantia or both.  I suggest both, but you must show your system specifications, including BIOS version and OS.  I suggest you post it here in your signature as I have.  Tell us exactly what version of the driver you are running and where you DLed it.  Also describe your problem in detail, "...still had this problem..." tells us nothing since many different problems are described above.  I also suspect it will not be fixed ASAP.  Good luck and enjoy, John.

-------------
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD

Posted By: Kramomat
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 6:53am
I have also Problems with my AQC-107 on my Fat1lity X370 professional gaming Mainboard.

I am using latest Drivers from Aquantia Website and I am running 5G mode on a multigigabit switch.
Symptoms are:
- Uncontinous transfer rate - copying one big file transfer rate differs from some kbit so 2.3Gbit
- Very slow latency rate when using file transfer
- Sometimes the cards stops working (either goes offline or does not transfer packets anymore) until a restart

Another PC, which has a AQC-108 in a PCI Express slot, does not have any problems.

Posted By: MisterJ
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 8:53am
Kramomat, please try sending an e-mail to Quality@aquantia.com.  Maybe they can offer some help.  I suspect your only true recourse is to RMA your board with ASRock and I suggest you begin that now by opening a ticket with ASRock.  Enjoy, John.

-------------
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD

Posted By: onimk
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Porsaan Porsaan wrote:

" rel="nofollow -
What features are you talking about? I have the same problem with ts and had to switch back to the intel nic. (this is on z370 fatality gamer i7 10gb).

Originally posted by bobble233 bobble233 wrote:

FYI, I still had this problem on the latest driver.  It's either a driver issue, or it's an issue with the hardware itself.  If you disable hardware checksum offload in the advanced driver options, everything works.  Please fix it asap..

Recently build new computer with z370 fatality gamer i7.
Do what bobble233 say : disabled in device-manager and the network aquantia -> proprity ->advanced : TCP / UDP checksum offload (IPv4) -> value : diasabled.

And Teamspeak and online game work.

But me remains ramdom spikes ping on every 3 ehternet (intel and aquantia) port, that i dont have with my old computer.

Posted By: LucianAndries
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 1:20pm
" rel="nofollow - Hey!

If all of you are having issues with the Aquantia 5G driver for the Fatal1ty Pro Gaming X370, then just go to Aquantia's website and download its real driver. DOH!

Are you little children or what?!

The chip module's number for Fatal1ty Pro Gaming X370 is ''AQC108''.

The rest is up to you. Good luck!

Posted By: stupidityleak
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 3:58am
Just in case anyone is having the same problems I was having, I have two identical systems with the ASROCK Fata1ity X370 Professional Gaming AM4 system with the Aquantia 5g NIC built into the board.

Both systems have the same issues:

Aquantia NIC shows connecting > reset > connecting > reset

or

Aquantia NIC would just not recognize anything plugged into it at all

I tried the beta firmware update listed on the ASROCK website and both the ASROCK issued driver and the Aquantia issued driver. Nothing worked.

I finally got in touch with Richard at Aquantia (he said to have anyone else having issues contact them at aqn_support@aquantia.com). Richard sent me a .ZIP file with a firmware update and new drivers. This is what I did:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tW-lvy_XRj9IR5siRuziQWPxUL7vPVJa" rel="nofollow - Updated Files

1. Empty the .ZIP folder into C:\update
2. Open Device Manager and update the Aquantia driver to the ones found in C:\update
3. Open a command prompt as Administrator
4. Browse to the C:\update folder
5. Run AtlFlashUpdate.exe
6. The firmware will update to 1.5.83
7. Once the process is complete, restart your computer
8. Adapter should now work normally.

Note: I have two of these systems and these steps fixed the problem on both. When I restarted after the firmware update, both systems hung after Windows shut down and I had to manually reset them but that was the only hangup.

I hope this helps.

Posted By: childofthekorn
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 8:55am
Originally posted by stupidityleak stupidityleak wrote:

Just in case anyone is having the same problems I was having, I have two identical systems with the ASROCK Fata1ity X370 Professional Gaming AM4 system with the Aquantia 5g NIC built into the board.

Both systems have the same issues:

Aquantia NIC shows connecting > reset > connecting > reset

or

Aquantia NIC would just not recognize anything plugged into it at all

I tried the beta firmware update listed on the ASROCK website and both the ASROCK issued driver and the Aquantia issued driver. Nothing worked.

I finally got in touch with Richard at Aquantia (he said to have anyone else having issues contact them at aqn_support@aquantia.com). Richard sent me a .ZIP file with a firmware update and new drivers. This is what I did:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_jMYQuVjlIfo7qX6Y4clwu0ci5ryoi0D/view" rel="nofollow - Files

1. Empty the .ZIP folder into C:\update
2. Open Device Manager and update the Aquantia driver to the ones found in C:\update
3. Open a command prompt as Administrator
4. Browse to the C:\update folder
5. Run AtlFlashUpdate.exe
6. The firmware will update to 1.5.83
7. Once the process is complete, restart your computer
8. Adapter should now work normally.

Note: I have two of these systems and these steps fixed the problem on both. When I restarted after the firmware update, both systems hung after Windows shut down and I had to manually reset them but that was the only hangup.

I hope this helps.[URL=

I've had my x370 Fatal1ty Pro gaming for about a year.  I spent most of that time using a TP-LINK AC Wireless pci-e card to see how the current state of wireless is.  After switching to my aquantia I thought my mind was playing with me as overall webbrowsing, streaming and remoting were seemingly performing worse.  Even speed tests were inconsistent and seemingly jittery (looked like the sharpest roller coaster you ever saw).  I blew it off until I tried taking a home Proctored Certification Exam on the PC and was getting repeatedly disconnected.  Although I came across this thread early this year, its obvious you only recently posted this.  I followed the steps and its a night and day difference.  A big thank you for sharing this, its much appreciated. 

I've shared a link to your post reddit within /r/AMD, /r/ASROCK and I've sent an email to the email you listed below to share my experience, some logging information as well as what I've noticed improved, including the steady as a rock speedtest and improved quality in streaming.   Hoping to spread the word.  Hopefully Aquantia can do whats most important and get Mobo manufacturers to update their drivers to include the latest updates to fix it.  Anywho, its appreciated, and have a good one. 

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 9:50am
Saw your post on Reddit. Thanks for helping others. Seems like everyone wants to complain instead of just trying what you posted on Reddit in regards to my forum post. You can lead a horse to water... but then the horse will get on Reddit and complain about everything that you're trying to help them with. hehe

Posted By: childofthekorn
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 11:02am
Was the least I could do.  However the post was removed by mods for it being a "Tech Support Request".  Meh. 

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 11:25am
Rubber stamping without reading. Typical. I browse Reddit, but I don't contribute. It's just not worth the hassle. Imgur is a lot more fun, just as uptight but easier to swallow. Anyways, thanks again.

Posted By: Versus
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 12:01am
" rel="nofollow - Hi there !

I had the same issue !

I have Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming motherboard, due to numerous crashes on my Aquantia connection, I decided to proceed to a firmware update, apparently the firmware update run without no problem but now my Aquantia LAN connection not recognized anymore, I tried to revert and flash another firmware version (beta) but when I ty yo open Start.bat i open 2 seconds then it close !

What should I do in order to make my Aquantia LAN running agin, if you can help me it would be great !?

Thanks !

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 11:46am
My best advice is that you leave the latest firmware that you flashed, install the drivers provided in my previous post (let me know if they are no longer available, I can send them to you), and restart your computer afterwards. I've been able to duplicate the results on multiple machines with positive results 100% of the time.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net