Forum Description: Question about ASRock AMD motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5201
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 1:47am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New AGESA 1.0.0.6
Posted By: Nocturnal
Subject: New AGESA 1.0.0.6
Date Posted: 21 May 2017 at 4:55pm
" rel="nofollow - As we can see other vendors started to share new BIOSes with fresh AGESA 1.0.0.6. When is Asrock planning to do the same?

Replies:
Posted By: datonyb
Date Posted: 21 May 2017 at 7:36pm
its looking good
im reading reports of
3466 and 3600 mhtz ram working

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6cbdsq/crosshair_vi_beta_bios_with_agesa_1006_access_to/" rel="nofollow - https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6cbdsq/crosshair_vi_beta_bios_with_agesa_1006_access_to/

-------------
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Date Posted: 21 May 2017 at 9:46pm
Yeah, so i can't wait to try the sameTongue

Date Posted: 21 May 2017 at 11:00pm
it seems 4000 is added as an option as well (though ive not seen anyone reach it)

also as a side note 'mindblank' on youtube has tested ryzen/ram
at different speeds with higher latencies
it seems even with higher latencies the ryzen with faster ram is getting higher frame rates

-------------

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Posted By: AlbinoRhino
Date Posted: 22 May 2017 at 12:59am
I got all excited by the title of this thread.

We could use some 1.0.0.6 goodness.

Posted By: debaser
Date Posted: 22 May 2017 at 6:52am
I am eager to grab that bios update too Tongue

Posted By: Spawne32
Date Posted: 22 May 2017 at 12:25pm
Yeh im kinda a bit disappointed that the AB350M Pro4 hasnt seen any new bios updates yet. Don't even have a beta to download and test. Been waiting patiently for some progress on getting my vengeance LPX to boot at the rated speed.

Posted By: GenesisDoes
Date Posted: 22 May 2017 at 12:40pm
People are getting their 2x16GB (even Hynix) kits up to 3200 with regular XMP profile timings. Hopefully, I will be able to as well.

-------------
Taichi X370, Ryzen 1700 @ 4ghz, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ Ram, Samsung 960 EVO nvme, Intel 600P nvme, 2TB Seagate HDD, 2TB Hitachi HDD, 1TB Mushkin SSD, GTX 1080

Posted By: damien
Date Posted: 22 May 2017 at 1:36pm
" rel="nofollow - Is there any ETA, when the low-spec boards get the 1006 upgrade ?

I'm running the AB350Pro4, and cant get my ram working on any overclock-speed ;(

Posted By: Heyitsaaron
Date Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Spawne32 Spawne32 wrote:

Yeh im kinda a bit disappointed that the AB350M Pro4 hasnt seen any new bios updates yet. Don't even have a beta to download and test. Been waiting patiently for some progress on getting my vengeance LPX to boot at the rated speed.

I feel the same. If this is the b350 support, I may have to purchase another manufacturer for my wife's new build. It's disheartening.

Date Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:08pm
now there are no agesa update even for top boaard. Stop panic please. I think we all will receive agesa update. Just have to wait, hope not much :D

Date Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:22pm
Just sucks seeing other board manufacturers get updates out quickly. At least give enthusiast a beta. Love the board, but support isn't nearly as nimble as it was on my Asus builds. I can wait, but it just isn't any fun lol.

Date Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Heyitsaaron Heyitsaaron wrote:

I can wait, but it just isn't any fun lol.

Here I agree

Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:47pm
After numerous complaints about BIOS versions bricking boards I prefer to see ASRock taking their time. I have seen complaints on all the major manufacturer forums complaining that this or that update broke something, or worse, bricked a board. We have even seen a few instances of that here. 

As exciting as it may be to see improvements to the UEFI and RAM support I for one prefer knowing that when it is released it is safe and stable rather than being a guinea pig with a beta. That's just my opinion though Wink

The updates will come, ASRock have a brilliant UEFI team and no doubt they are making sure all the kinks are out now that there are mostly stable UEFI versions already available.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:08pm
I'm fine with waiting. I would like to see them unify the Taichi and Killer AC UEFIs so that I can watch the Taichi Youtube videos and have identical options.

For instance, OC Mode is not an option on the Killer. IIRC the voltage settings are also not identical so it makes following guides a bit more difficult.

3200MHz can wait, for me, since the 2900 option works just fine.

Posted By: SoniC
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 1:55am
Originally posted by AlbinoRhino AlbinoRhino wrote:

I'm fine with waiting. I would like to see them unify the Taichi and Killer AC UEFIs so that I can watch the Taichi Youtube videos and have identical options.

For instance, OC Mode is not an option on the Killer. IIRC the voltage settings are also not identical so it makes following guides a bit more difficult.

3200MHz can wait, for me, since the 2900 option works just fine.

This is what I would also like! I mean there are differences between the boards, but 99,9% of the UEFI (interface) should be the same!
P.S. With the new AGESA 1006 I'm hoping to get at least to 29xx in the 4x RAM Module mode... (G.Skill 3200 CL14 64GB Kit here). Currently running in 2667 CL14 mode.

-------------
-=SoniC=-
TR x1950, ASRock X399 FPG (v. 3.33A), G.Skill 3200 CL14 64GB, Enermax LiqTech 280,
AMD Vega 64 LC, 10x HDDs (mostly Hitachi), 2x M.2 (970EVO,960Pro), Xonar DX, AX1200i PSU

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 2:24am
guys
just to echo what has been said
at the end of the day
its better for all to have a tested stable bios a few days later than betas or even a week or two

its not killing us is it (unlike bricked boards would)
to be honest to compare to asus is a bit unfair (as they have a world class overclocker writing beta bios for his own agenda as well as asus/rog)
and as for the b350 .guys come on all manufactuers release bios within a few days for all thier board high end or not
to be honest im pretty sure asrock gave out later agesa 1004 for some b350 boards BEFORE the x370 taichi on at least one occasion

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 3:34am
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

to be honest to compare to asus is a bit unfair (as they have a world class overclocker writing beta bios for his own agenda as well as asus/rog)

Well... and what does the "Fatal1ty" name/brand do on our boards mate? 
So... in our case it's just the name/brand but in case of the competition it's a "world class overclocker writing beta bios"?

-------------
-=SoniC=-
TR x1950, ASRock X399 FPG (v. 3.33A), G.Skill 3200 CL14 64GB, Enermax LiqTech 280,
AMD Vega 64 LC, 10x HDDs (mostly Hitachi), 2x M.2 (970EVO,960Pro), Xonar DX, AX1200i PSU

Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 3:50am
Fatal1ty is a pro gamer not an overclocker. ASRock I believe has a deal with Johnathan (Fatal1ty) Wendel that allows them to market the Fatal1ty name, likely provided certain guidelines are followed. Wendel does not work for ASRock. 

Also bare in mind ASRock has 13 AM4 boards listed on their product page, ASUS has only 4. 

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 4:11am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Fatal1ty is a pro gamer not an overclocker. ASRock I believe has a deal with Johnathan (Fatal1ty) Wendel that allows them to market the Fatal1ty name, likely provided certain guidelines are followed. Wendel does not work for ASRock. 

Also bare in mind ASRock has 13 AM4 boards listed on their product page, ASUS has only 4. 

With the first part I can agree.... so it's just branding.... "selling the hype".
But honestly -- I cannot agree with the second part as this is no excuse to me...

I would never allow myself (or my company in that matter) to release too many products that I know I couldn't handle/support. No excuse at all. 
I will wait, as I know ASRock will release a BIOS soon... But to be frank -- they have two of the best AM4 boards and if they could improve... on UEFI side and LAN side (Aquantia neverending issues) these would be the best boards on the market...   

It's a pity and hurts me personally -- as I was waiting just for the x370 Fatal1ty Pro Gamer for over a month (with the RyZEN CPU just laying on my table) because it was not in stock. Nowhere in EU. Virtually checked all the stores in EU. 
I finally received it in mid-April (but I seriously thought about cancelling my order and buying from the competition). I've remained faithfull... barely. But those small quirks doesn't make me feel any better... 

-------------
-=SoniC=-

Posted By: Jm62383
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 5:10am
As someone who was unfortunate enough to use the faulty windows bios update when it was released shortly after launch Im just fine with waiting a week or two to make sure they get it right and I dont have to RMA another board. The wait will be worth it.

Posted By: TooQik
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 8:00am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

While Asrock technically has 14 AM4 motherboards on the market, there are shared BIOS versions between some of the models, so they really only need to produce and release 8.

I'm as keen as anyone else to get hold of a new BIOS which includes AGESA 1.0.0.6 in the hope of allowing me to get my RAM over its current 2400 hurdle, but I'm all for Asrock spending as much time as they need to ensure a stable release.

I was actually a little disappointed by the last Taichi BIOS release (2.30) due to the way they forced you to set an XMP profile before you could change the RAM speed - a backwards step in my opinion, but in all fairness to Asrock I haven't experienced any major issues with any of their BIOS releases to date, so good work Asrock Clap

Posted By: Kevin A
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 8:18am
Oh joy, the 'Bios' story again. Complete with some polarization and views that still shock me.

The fact remains some manufacturers have achieved some highly respectable feats with this new platform since March. Please note that they didn't wait on AMD. They implemented better DDR4 compatibility, correct BCLK usability and a UEFI that doesn't constantly feel like a... well... 'fist fight'. Understandably, each UEFI/Bios still had problems.

It's still a good thing that someday we will get this milestone AGESA update behind us. I am rather skeptical that anything significant will come after that for quite some time, so I am hopeful that this update resolves enough issues so that the consumer can have some confidence in their motherboard purchase. For me that is the AsRock premium AM4 motherboard - the Fatality X370 Professional Gaming.

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 9:09am
Asrock stills lacks fine grain bclk adjustment, can't do 100.01 100.02 yet, only 100.1 100.2 and so on. At least on the Taichi, don't know if the Proffesional behaves different.

Hope they improve this, the Gigabyte K7 had fine grain bclk.

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 9:35am
Setting XMP on my Killer SLI is still optional. I haven't gotten XMP to work at all.

I just select the MHz from the drop down while leaving XMP off.

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Jm62383 Jm62383 wrote:

As someone who was unfortunate enough to use the faulty windows bios update when it was released shortly after launch Im just fine with waiting a week or two to make sure they get it right and I dont have to RMA another board. The wait will be worth it.

I've read everywhere, including here, not to use Windows to update the Bios.

Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:58am
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by Heyitsaaron Heyitsaaron wrote:

I feel the same. If this is the b350 support, I may have to purchase another manufacturer for my wife's new build. It's disheartening.

So which mother board manufactures have AGESA 1.0.0.6a available in UEFI/BIOS updates for all their AM4 boards? You make it sound like ASRock is the only one that has not done that.

So I thought I'd check for myself. Please feel free to do it yourself and prove me wrong. As of Monday, May 22, 2017 at 9:00PM CDT in the USA:

Asus: Zero AM4 mother board BIOS updates include "AGESA 1.0.0.6a" in the description. Many of the latest AM4 versions have the description, "Update AGESA to 1.0.0.4a".

Gigabyte: Zero AM4 mother board BIOS updates
include "AGESA 1.0.0.6a" in the description. Most if not all of the latest AM4 BIOS updates have the description "Update CPU AGESA 1004a".

MSI: I gave up after checking eight AM4 boards, their website is clumsy, four X370 and four B350. Nothing about "AGESA 1.0.0.6a" in any of the BIOS updates.

Of course we all want to get the AGESA 1.0.0.6a microcode update into our AM4 boards, but don't try to make it look like ASRock is the not doing it while others are. That is just false and wrong.

I would like to ask you, are you complaining to AMD about when AGESA 1.0.06a will be released? I doubt they would give us a date, since some people would expect it to be available from mother board manufactures the next day. That of course is ridiculous.

Reality check time. Guess what is happening at the end of May? The Computex2017 PC show in Taipei, Taiwan. Guess what all the mother board manufactures are doing currently? Getting ready for the Computex2017 PC show.

What else is new? Intel's X299 platform and a few new HEDT processors to go along with it. Are mother board manufactures dealing with that too? Yes they are, we might even see X299 boards at Computex2017.

Mother board manufactures are busy now, very busy. Late 2016 and early 2017 have been tough times for them. The last thing they need is false information about them posted as reality on the Internet.

-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: wardog
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:44am
" rel="nofollow - Firstadopteritus - Being the first to move and very soon after whining for the next best thing.

Our X370 Taichi had AGESA 1.0.0.4a way back on Apr 6 2017!

ASUSs ROG C6H? Those users didn't get 1.0.0.4a until a week ago on May 15 2017 !

That's 5, FIVE, weeks difference people..............

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:51am
Ive read that before as well, but in my history of building pcs(15ish years)Ive never had it brick a motherboard until last month. Got me once, never ever again lol. 

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 9:23pm
For this update there are some posts appearing on Reddit(queue the horror scream...) and AMD community forums about many achieving success with higher DDR4 speeds. Even though these are 'unconfirmed posts' I now have been to several that appear to be finding:

1.35v to 1.47v VRAM is common.
1.1 to 1.2 SOC is common.
53.3ohms to 96ohms ProcODT is common(I believe 53.3 is standard/auto)
...also one or two more changes have been made for successful results.

Another 'surprising' thing is the timings allow superior options - no complaints here!!

- Of course all of the posts I read were on motherboards that were not mine!!! Still a positive turn of results for those allowed to beta test this update... again if these posts are to be believed.

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:19pm
as i mentioned before
asus have plenty of bios releases...................

these mainly being beta bios released by elmor (who is sharing with the ROG community) he has his own intrests AS WELL as sharing findings with the rog guys
if you read through the history of the crosshair am4 bios history it would make you a bit more inclined to WAIT for proper manufacture approve final releases
the crosshair board was and is more relevant to guys pushing testing and often having bad issues as a result including bricking boards, killing ram sticks unstable volts into cpu mis reported temps and volts and a whole host of other issues

i ask you guys one thing

who among you wants to be a test subject and risk a dead board ,dead ram, dead hard drive or dead cpu just to be one of the first to say hey i overclocked my ram over 3200 on an asrock board

ive been following and reading a lot of posts from you guys 'real users' and some of the issues you have
what is common (not everyone but common) is the usual hey i bought the cheapest ram i could find (despite widespread internet gossip to try and select samsung b die ram for best results) and i cant get it to overclock to the roof and back ,then slate AMD/board makers/the world for lack of the very best result ..............

seriously !  chill out
the bios will get released when its ready ,we can then apply it
in the background we have ppl writing bios ,testing bios ,learning lessons from the code good or bad and at the same time the framework they write for this bios will in some way have to be suitable for the forthcoming release of future bios for threadripper etc (so they have the groundwork for the threadripper owners early bios updates)

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:22pm
Asus has bios flashback feature so not too risky to flash a beta bios for testing. I don't know why Asrock doesn't offer such a feature like that.

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by debaser debaser wrote:

Asus has bios flashback feature so not too risky to flash a beta bios for testing. I don't know why Asrock doesn't offer such a feature like that.

i would tend to agree partly here with you
asus has flashback ON SOME motherboards the crosshair being one (allthough there was one bios that would still brick it ,and be unable to use the flashback usb device)
gigabyte has dual bios
msi used to have something called M bios or something (it was similar to the crosshair flashback via usb) im not sure am4 msi still has it

so yes if i were to give any feedback about the asrock taichi it would be to suggest a form of bios recovery on a £230 ($230ish) mainboard, other than that im happy with the taichi
(of course im one of the lucky ones to have my ram working at full 3200 from day one,and locked in a 1700 overclock to 3.9 within minutes) but hell did i do a lot of pre-planning with what ram to buy and read lots of reviews on the taichi before i choose that

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:36pm
" rel="nofollow -

Ive read that before as well, but in my history of building pcs(15ish years)Ive never had it brick a motherboard until last month. Got me once, never ever again lol. 

It's a shame that happened to you, but you know that bricked AM4 boards have happened to at least one other mother board manufacture (MSI), right?

So how can you guarantee to yourself that will never happen again?

-------------

Posted By: chainsaw
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:48pm
hope this solved the Ram issues. Still on the fence tho, many of the other brands got the Common high speed ram running at rated speeds without 1.0.0.6. so i feel their is more to the ram then just AGESA.

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

" rel="nofollow -

It's a shame that happened to you, but you know that bricked AM4 boards have happened to at least one other mother board manufacture (MSI), right?

i think he means he WONT flash under windows again mate

-------------

Posted By: x370
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:24pm

Asus: Zero AM4 mother board BIOS updates include "AGESA 1.0.0.6a" in the description. Many of the latest AM4 versions have the description, "Update AGESA to 1.0.0.4a".

Gigabyte: Zero AM4 mother board BIOS updates
include "AGESA 1.0.0.6a" in the description. Most if not all of the latest AM4 BIOS updates have the description "Update CPU AGESA 1004a".

MSI: I gave up after checking eight AM4 boards, their website is clumsy, four X370 and four B350. Nothing about "AGESA 1.0.0.6a" in any of the BIOS updates.
The beta bios with AGESA 1.0.0.6a is available both for Asus Crosshair Hero and MSI, it's on their forums.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6cu5eh/new_beta_bios_for_msi_xpower_and_tomahawk/" rel="nofollow - https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6cu5eh/new_beta_bios_for_msi_xpower_and_tomahawk/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6cbdsq/crosshair_vi_beta_bios_with_agesa_1006_access_to/" rel="nofollow - https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6cbdsq/crosshair_vi_beta_bios_with_agesa_1006_access_to/

Just saying.

And I've read the feedback for Asus CH beta bios and haven't seen anything about bricked boards. I've seen a lot of happy overclockers with their ram working at its rated speeds finally. 

The Taichi costs more than the top Asus board. I hope we don't have to wait month extra on the new bios.

Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 12:55am
Originally posted by x370 x370 wrote:

Asus: Zero AM4 mother board BIOS updates include "AGESA 1.0.0.6a" in the description. Many of the latest AM4 versions have the description, "<span id="mainzone_Download2_Repeater2_Repeater3_2_unit1_0_span_deion_0">Update AGESA to 1.0.0.4a".

Gigabyte: Zero AM4 mother board BIOS updates </span>include "AGESA 1.0.0.6a" in the description. Most if not all of the latest AM4 BIOS updates have the description "Update CPU AGESA 1004a".

The beta bios with AGESA 1.0.0.6a is available both for Asus Crosshair Hero and MSI, it's on their forums.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6cu5eh/new_beta_bios_for_msi_xpower_and_tomahawk/" rel="nofollow - https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6cu5eh/new_beta_bios_for_msi_xpower_and_tomahawk/

Just saying.

And I've read the feedback for Asus CH beta bios and haven't seen anything about bricked boards. I've seen a lot of happy overclockers with their ram working at its rated speeds finally.?

The Taichi costs more than the top Asus board. I hope we don't have to wait month extra on the new bios.

I personally wouldn't run a Beta Bios on my board (Killer SLI A/C), but would like to see the option for others.

Most people just want to overclock their Ram to its highest OC setting, but I don't think they understand how important this is for Ryzen. The Infinity Fabric is directly tied to Ram speeds so that is my personal reason for wanting to see the new update.

As it stands right now my system is blazingly fast, chews through games like there's no tomorrow, and anything work related on the desktop is snappy.

I'm coming over from a MBP so obviously my case might be different than others that have been using desktops since forever and a day.

Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 2:32am

[QUOTE=x370] 
[...] but I don't think they understand how important this is for Ryzen. The Infinity Fabric is directly tied to Ram speeds so that is my personal reason for wanting to see the new update.[...]

I actually think everyone does.... this has been said countless times in many forums and many benchmarks... Probably that is why everyone runs like crazy waiting for the new AGESA that _ should _ up the OC potential / compatibility with most of the RAM sticks...
I also have high hopes that my quad kit will run @ at least 29xx (3000) speed.

-------------
-=SoniC=-

Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 2:33am

i would tend to agree partly here with you
asus has flashback ON SOME motherboards the crosshair being one (allthough there was one bios that would still brick it ,and be unable to use the flashback usb device)
gigabyte has dual bios
msi used to have something called M bios or something (it was similar to the crosshair flashback via usb) im not sure am4 msi still has it

so yes if i were to give any feedback about the asrock taichi it would be to suggest a form of bios recovery on a £230 ($230ish) mainboard, other than that im happy with the taichi
(of course im one of the lucky ones to have my ram working at full 3200 from day one,and locked in a 1700 overclock to 3.9 within minutes) but hell did i do a lot of pre-planning with what ram to buy and read lots of reviews on the taichi before i choose that

I'm a happy Taichi owner too, and my ram also runs at 3200 cl14 no problem. It would be great to have a bios recovery option in case of corruption or bricking, just as other manufacturers have. Just saying.

Beer

Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 6:01am
" rel="nofollow -

[URL=][/URL]

Ive read that before as well, but in my history of building pcs(15ish years)Ive never had it brick a motherboard until last month. Got me once, never ever again lol.?

i think he means he WONT flash under windows again mate
that is what i mean...so far i love my fatality ab350 other than the small bios issue.

Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 10:44am
" rel="nofollow -

The Taichi costs more than the top Asus board.

Say what???

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?CompareItemList=22%7C13%2D132%2D963%5E13%2D132%2D963%2C13%2D157%2D757%5E13%2D157%2D757

Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 11:54am
" rel="nofollow - No motherboards have the 1006 update yet as far as i know....why is everyone getting so worked up?

Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 12:01pm

" rel="nofollow - No motherboards have the 1006 update yet as far as i know....why is everyone getting so worked up?

It's a side effect of the buggy shoddy release thanks to AMD unfortunately. As much as we all may love the product, the fact of the matter is that we probably all should have held off on buying at least 6 months while the kinks got worked out. A rushed release is a rushed release, and some of us are impatient trying to get our very expensive systems working correctly. Can't fault people for that. Especially with all the rumors circulating about the issues being directly related to the AGESA code, everyone is stomping their feet waiting for the update. I personally had no plans to touch ryzen for a while, but since DDR4 prices are on a steady rise, and the sales hit right when I had the itch, bought the parts. Only to find exactly what I expected...bugs. Lots of them. lol

Posted By: Rares
Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 3:36pm

There is a beta BIOS available for Asus Crosshair VI Hero.

-------------
X370 Gaming K4 / Ryzen 1700 @ 3.725 / G.Skill FlareX 14-14-14-14-34 @ 3200 XMP / Sapphire Nitro RX480 / SSD x 3

Posted By: Conraire
Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 8:24am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

" rel="nofollow -

Say what???

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?CompareItemList=22%7C13%2D132%2D963%5E13%2D132%2D963%2C13%2D157%2D757%5E13%2D157%2D757

Lol yeah, was about to say, the only X370 board ASRock has that costs more than or about the same as the Crosshair is the Fatil1ty Professional Gaming. 

About the only thing the Crosshair has going for it, is it has a lot of USB ports on the back...  But the ASRock X370 Fatil1ty and Taichi have more things like the Wifi and ultra M.2. And in the case of the fatal1ty, the 5G lan for use with future routers. 

-------------
https://valid.x86.fr/r12tls" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Conraire Conraire wrote:

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

" rel="nofollow -

Say what???

Lol yeah, was about to say, the only X370 board ASRock has that costs more than or about the same as the Crosshair is the Fatil1ty Professional Gaming. 

About the only thing the Crosshair has going for it, is it has a lot of USB ports on the back...  But the ASRock X370 Fatil1ty and Taichi have more things like the Wifi and ultra M.2. And in the case of the fatal1ty, the 5G lan for use with future routers. 

ASUS having "BETA"(user created) BIOSes I just couldn't bring myself to buy a board that NewEgg Reviewers give a 44% 5 Egg reviews and a lowly 27% give it a 1 Egg review.. Sorry ASUS ... This time anyways

The Taichi and Fatal1ty are 80% and 83% respectively 5 Egg Reviews. Handshake

Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 11:46am
Have no complaints with my AB350M Pro4 other than the cheap 3+3 phase design and vdroop issues. But that seems to be par for the course with AMD mATX boards. Best one ive used so far was the gigabyte gaming 3 but it wound up blowing up, that was a 4+2.

Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 9:17pm
I haven't had that vdroop issue everyone seems to have had. I'm on a Ab350m Pro4 and I'm solid stable at 3.95ghz on 1.35v on my 1600. I can drop to 1.3 if I keep it to a 3.9ghz oc. I just want my T-force Nighthawks to run at 3000 eventually lol. I know they aren't on the qvl, but they are fine at 2400 at stock timings. Can't really complain as I got them for free from a buddy that works for them.

Posted By: Nejaa
Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 11:09pm

It's a side effect of the buggy shoddy release thanks to AMD unfortunately. As much as we all may love the product, the fact of the matter is that we probably all should have held off on buying at least 6 months while the kinks got worked out.

I have to disagree with you on waiting 6 months.  At most, it would have been the first AGESA update.

I have had zero issues with my Ryzen rig.  Every component has performed flawlessly out of the box. Win10 installed to my NVME without issue.  RAID1 storage setup.  It's been brilliant. 

AMD definitely did a poor job coordinating the ecosystem with partners and preparing its MB manufacturers, but there have been no bugs that have prevented me from doing what I need to do.  No BSOD or critical system errors.  Just flawless performance.  Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones.

Not having a specific RAM speed available is not a bug.  It's platform immaturity.  If I recall correctly, and do correct me if I'm wrong, it took Intel 6-12 months to fully develop their DDR4 support.

Users are accustomed to faster RAM because of Intel and AMD is admittedly playing catch-up.

The only issue I have is waiting on Cryorig to send me the bracket for my AIO.  Again, AMD's lack of supporting partner's prior to launch.

-------------
https://valid.x86.fr/mlwde2" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 11:17pm
" rel="nofollow - [URL=][/URL]
The only issue I have is waiting on Cryorig to send me the bracket for my AIO. ?Again, AMD's lack of supporting partner's prior to launch.
I agree. The issues is not really amd's fault. A lot of the issues wit. Aio's were Asetek staging their feet. They knew the standard , just didn't get production of parts to scale fast enough.

Posted By: Dogmifier
Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 11:42pm
I've had zero issues with my Ryzen as well...worked just fine out of the box.

-------------
X99X Fata1ity
16GB Crucial
1200W Corsair
evga GTX 1080
Samsung 950 Pro

Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 12:16am
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by Nejaa Nejaa wrote:

I have to disagree with you on waiting 6 months. ?At most, it would have been the first AGESA update.

Not having a specific RAM speed available is not a bug. ?It's platform immaturity. ?If I recall correctly, and do correct me if I'm wrong, it took Intel 6-12 months to fully develop their DDR4 support.

Users are accustomed to faster RAM because of Intel and AMD is admittedly playing catch-up.

Well spoken, as so many inaccurately state that some Ryzen customers are suffering from 'early-adopter-itus' syndrome.

Which I believe is dismissive, as I actually love my Ryzen 1800X. I was also one of those who benefited by a $40 price drop near mid April and an additional $100 reduction when purchasing a motherboard at Micro Center so my 'beginning' experience was phenomenal. To point out also the DDR4 support(and continuous microcode releases) on the Intel side has been focused on by Memory Manufacturers, Motherboard Manufactures and Intel for a nearing (mature) '8-9th' generation' platform.

As for myself, I hope the next AGESA update and the Motherboard Manufacturer implementation of it, deals with enough issues to bring about greater customer satisfaction. After that?, it may be a long time for Software/Game Devs, AMD and it's Mobo partners to release something significant. So specifically as my focus is more DDR4/BCLK/UEFI usability related, my hopes are that they are addressed in this update.

Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 12:40am

It's a side effect of the buggy shoddy release thanks to AMD unfortunately. As much as we all may love the product, the fact of the matter is that we probably all should have held off on buying at least 6 months while the kinks got worked out.

I have to disagree with you on waiting 6 months.  At most, it would have been the first AGESA update.

I have had zero issues with my Ryzen rig.  Every component has performed flawlessly out of the box. Win10 installed to my NVME without issue.  RAID1 storage setup.  It's been brilliant. 

AMD definitely did a poor job coordinating the ecosystem with partners and preparing its MB manufacturers, but there have been no bugs that have prevented me from doing what I need to do.  No BSOD or critical system errors.  Just flawless performance.  Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones.

Not having a specific RAM speed available is not a bug.  It's platform immaturity.  If I recall correctly, and do correct me if I'm wrong, it took Intel 6-12 months to fully develop their DDR4 support.

The only issue I have is waiting on Cryorig to send me the bracket for my AIO.  Again, AMD's lack of supporting partner's prior to launch.

You are correct that it took Intel time to develop their DDR4 support, but if we check the history of Intel and DDR4, it took longer than a year. There were some unavoidable limitations with the memory controller designs apparently, plus DDR4 is still relatively new.

DDR4 was first used in Intel's X99 platform with Haswell and then Broadwell HEDT processors. Achieving DDR4 speeds of 3000 was a challenge and beyond 3000 is still not easy. Not many complaints about that, since the best DDR4 speeds were above DDR3, and it was accepted that DDR4 was immature at that time. X99 was launched in Q3, 2014.

Next was the Intel Skylake 100 series chipset and processor generation, where initially speeds over DDR4 3200 were unusual. The latest UEFI/BIOS updates and new DDR4 memory models in high end boards can reach DDR4 4000+, but you must pay for the best to get there. DDR4 at that speed did not exist when Skylake was released. Also, at first the XMP profiles did not work well on Skylake systems, and we had to manually set the memory timings. That was fixed to some degree, but early DDR4 3000+ memory models had to be set up manually. Skylake was launched in Q3, 2015.

Once Intel Kaby Lake came into production, DDR4 speeds of 3200+ became much more common and easy to reach. DDR4 3400 and 3600 was not unusual for mid range boards. If that was due to better memory controller design, better DDR4 memory design, improved CPU microcode, or all of that was not questioned. I must say that we were not waiting for Intel to release new microcode to improve memory performance during any Intel processor generation, but there was nothing to compare it with except the earlier generations, whose lower memory speed performance was simply accepted. Kaby Lake was launched in Q1, 2017.

That is a good two year span of DDR4 usage by Intel and the memory manufactures to get where they are today, plus what was learned by mother board manufactures. AMD jumped into DDR4 midstream with Ryzen in 2017, and is compared with Intel's and the memory manufacture's progress over two years+. It can be said AMD did better overall than Intel did with DDR4 speeds compared to Intel's first effort (X99) but AMD is competing in a different DDR4 world. I don't recall the same memory training issues we may experience with Ryzen in Intel's X99 system, but DDR4 3200 memory did not exist when X99 was released.

AMD is being held to a different standard than Intel was with their first efforts with DDR4, so AMD has a much steeper mountain to climb. Exclamation

-------------

Posted By: Conraire
Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 12:44am
Same as you guys, I've had little to no issues with my Ryzen R7 1700X, and Fatal1ty X370 Pro Gaming.

The only actual issue I had, was inability to get the initial Trident Z 3200mhz C16 ram kit that I'd bought, running above 2400Mhz.  But my FlareX 3200 kit went to 3200mhz without issue, even on BIOS 2.0. 

I too think the 1.0.0.6 update will be the last major agesa update for a while, since RAM compatibility on other manufacturers boards appear to be improved greatly with that code in current beta bios releases. 

The Trident Z kit I still have.  Will most likely go into my mothers computer when I upgrade it to Ryzen based.  Hopefully by the time I get to build it, the memory should be able to clock at full speed.

-------------
https://valid.x86.fr/r12tls" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Atan87
Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 1:14am
" rel="nofollow - No huge issues here either, other than that nobody told me i have to use first sata ports for my dvd drive in order to make it boot from it. My usb thumb drive refused to work with Taichi, as it worked before and still works in my gf's pc. Was kinda difficult installing fresh win10 as i had my dvd elsewhere than first sata port.

My 1700 clocks only to 3.8ghz with 200W power usage (really, 200w?) and 32gb set of ddr4 clocks in 2933 18/14/14/36. 
Hoping this agesa update will bring my ram to rated speeds :) no high hopes for better oc, since its mainly cpu binning thing.

Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 1:51am
Plus one positive review. I can only repeat I've had little to no issues with my Ryzen R7 1700, and Taichi. Only 2 moments i wanna to mention:
1) i was waiting AM4 bracket adapter from my AIO vendor, but IMHO its not AMD fault
2) on april BIOS my dual rank Samsung E-die memory (Gskill F4-3000C15D-16GTZ) work only at 2666, but I hope It'll be improved with upcoming AGESA.

Posted By: Atan87
Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 2:55am
" rel="nofollow - Did you try cas 18 to get it run higher freq? Mine wont post after 2666 unless cas is 18, other timings arent as important for boot.

Posted By: MisterJ
Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 5:57am
https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/05/25/community-update-4-lets-talk-dram" rel="nofollow - AMD has posted an explanation of the new parameters introduced in 1.0.0.6.  Enjoy, John.

Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 9:20am
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/05/25/community-update-4-lets-talk-dram" rel="nofollow - AMD has posted an explanation of the new parameters introduced in 1.0.0.6.? Enjoy, John.

Well look at that, not only promising news but 'right in line' with the beta tester posts I've been reading for days now!!! It's a great technical and detailed read as well, nice info to keep.   

Posted By: kebl3739
Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 2:39pm
" rel="nofollow - As a first time builder and PC Noob, who hasn't managed to get his Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 RAM to run at anything above 2133 on his AB350 Pro4, is it worth me trying to tinker with settings and voltages to try and get it to work?

Or just wait for new BIOS with 1006?

Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 8:54pm
" rel="nofollow -

I have to disagree with you on waiting 6 months. ?At most, it would have been the first AGESA update.

I have had zero issues with my Ryzen rig. ?Every component has performed flawlessly out of the box. Win10 installed to my NVME without issue. ?RAID1 storage setup. ?It's been brilliant.?

AMD definitely did a poor job coordinating the ecosystem with partners and preparing its MB manufacturers, but there have been no bugs that have prevented me from doing what I need to do. ?No BSOD or critical system errors. ?Just flawless performance. ?Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones.

Not having a specific RAM speed available is not a bug. ?It's platform immaturity. ?If I recall correctly, and do correct me if I'm wrong, it took Intel 6-12 months to fully develop their DDR4 support.

The only issue I have is waiting on Cryorig to send me the bracket for my AIO. ?Again, AMD's lack of supporting partner's prior to launch.

I can't put the blame on AMD for the cooler bracket. My cooler shipped with one in the box. Noctua U12S.

Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 10:02pm
Well what do you know, AMD just announced the release of AGESA update 1.0.0.6 and AMD said UEFI/BIOS updates should appear halfway through the month of June:

https://www.techpowerup.com/233730/amd-announces-agesa-update-1-0-0-6-supports-up-to-4000-mhz-memory-clocks" rel="nofollow - https://www.techpowerup.com/233730/amd-announces-agesa-update-1-0-0-6-supports-up-to-4000-mhz-memory-clocks

Looks like up to 26 new memory parameters for Ryzen, and increased memory speed potential. I'm sure it will take a while to add, test, and verify all of it.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 10:33pm

I can't put the blame on AMD for the cooler bracket. My cooler shipped with one in the box. Noctua U12S.

That's because AMD setup a specific partnership with Noctua.  Notice that Corsair, Thermaltake, NZXT, Cooler Master (all much bigger names that Noctua) all had to ship brackets after launch.  None of them had launch-ready products.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 10:52pm
" rel="nofollow -

That's because AMD setup a specific partnership with Noctua.  Notice that Corsair, Thermaltake, NZXT, Cooler Master (all much bigger names that Noctua) all had to ship brackets after launch.  None of them had launch-ready products.

The Socket layout and the exact placement of the mounting-holes was known well before the launch.
Does AMD really need to be in a partnership with everyone so they will start shipping/supporting their products _ the right way _ ? 

-------------
-=SoniC=-

Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 10:53pm

Well what do you know, AMD just announced the release of AGESA update 1.0.0.6 and AMD said UEFI/BIOS updates should appear halfway through the month of June:

https://www.techpowerup.com/233730/amd-announces-agesa-update-1-0-0-6-supports-up-to-4000-mhz-memory-clocks" rel="nofollow - https://www.techpowerup.com/233730/amd-announces-agesa-update-1-0-0-6-supports-up-to-4000-mhz-memory-clocks

Looks like up to 26 new memory parameters for Ryzen, and increased memory speed potential. I'm sure it will take a while to add, test, and verify all of it.

That's nothing new and was posted a day ago here --- this is the main source:

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming
https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/05/25/community-update-4-lets-talk-dram

-------------
-=SoniC=-

Posted By: cutterjohn
Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 11:52pm

Asrock stills lacks fine grain bclk adjustment, can't do 100.01 100.02 yet, only 100.1 100.2 and so on. At least on the Taichi, don't know if the Proffesional behaves different.

Hope they improve this, the Gigabyte K7 had fine grain bclk.
While I haven't looked closely I'm willing to bet that the boards electrically IDENTICAL barring the 5GBps ether controller on the Pro v. 1GBps on the Taichi.  They probably have identical UEFI as well beyond skinning.

ASROCK has REALLY slowed down on the BIOS releases since oh about the beginning of April IIRC.  In march they were releasing betas left, right, and center now we're lucky to get one 'release' a month and TBH since 1.93D the 'releases' have been regressive for my case.

I'm wondering whether I be getting my 1998X(or maybe the non-'X' IF they turn out like the lower end Ryzens) + ASUS ROG X399 BEFORE I see the fatal1ty 1.0.0.6 AGESA UEFI at this snail pace... yes I/O is too paltry for me on these low-mid range Ryzen parts. FFS I have notebooks with similar I/O capabilities, and IIRC even Intel 'Z' series chipsets have more I/O let alone the 'X' series.

[EDIT]
To further this I think that the way things are now there is too little differentiation in the crowded low-mid range Ryzen lineup.  The only REAL differences being price and core count.  IMNHO the 6/8C 'X' series at least should've have 28 PCIe lanes and a chipset somewhere between X370 and X390/9, say X380.  Make the 'X' chips worth something because as it is now they're not really worth the price of admission IMHNO over their non-'X' counterparts.
[/EDIT]

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 12:08am
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by kebl3739 kebl3739 wrote:

As a first time builder and PC Noob, who hasn't managed to get his Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 RAM to run at anything above 2133 on his AB350 Pro4, is it worth me trying to tinker with settings and voltages to try and get it to work?

Or just wait for new BIOS with 1006?

You may not have to 'tinker' with it all that much. You may just need to get a little more familiar with your memory sticks. Such as familiar with various timings, FSB to DRAM ratio, voltage and such. Many get these from CPU-z, though Aida 64 may be more useful to you(at least it is to me).

Once you find out the timings for your memory(Corsair Vengeance LPX), write them down and 'input' them manually at the Bios screen for 'OC Tweaker' after selecting the speed you wish to try. Such as 2400mhz,2666mhz or whatever. You will likely have some measure of success, after some reboots from the trial and error method. Otherwise, you are correct, you can just wait as well... Choice is up to you.

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:19am
" rel="nofollow - What is the deal with the beta BIOS thread, hasnt been updated since april. Is asrock restricting the use of beta bios lately?

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:22am

" rel="nofollow - What is the deal with the beta BIOS thread, hasnt been updated since april. Is asrock restricting the use of beta bios lately?

i think quite sensibly
they have removed beta bios and windows based flashers from the options on the download site

to prevent bricking boards

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:32am
That's why a bios flashback or similar system would have come in handy.

Guess we'll have to wait for final releases while other manufactrurers let their customers try these new options.

-------------
https://valid.x86.fr/cz50tz" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: mosawo
Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 5:41am

That's why a bios flashback or similar system would have come in handy.

Guess we'll have to wait for final releases while other manufactrurers let their customers try these new options.

I agree with you.
It's not so far, just a little patience.Wink

-------------
https://valid.x86.fr/k2fy1e" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:18am
Originally posted by SoniC SoniC wrote:

" rel="nofollow -

The Socket layout and the exact placement of the mounting-holes was known well before the launch.
Does AMD really need to be in a partnership with everyone so they will start shipping/supporting their products _ the right way _ ? 

Of course a specific partnership isn't needed, just sharing basic information.  As you noted, layout and placement of the holes are important.  What about mounting height? Min/Max screw/back-plate/bracket tension? Min/max pressure on the socket/CPU? I have no idea what info is required to design and manufacture a socket bracket, but I'm confident it is more than just socket layout and placement of the mounting holes.

I absolutely believe that if AMD had simply shared more information about AM4 mounting requirements earlier, more manufacturers would have ready. We will never how much information was actually shared because no one will say anything.

It is also possible that as part of the Noctua partnership, AMD was required to withhold that information until a specific date, thus making Noctua the only option at launch.  This type of business deal is fairly common.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:41am
and for those who cannot wait

heres a link to latest taichi beta as linked on overclockers uk (including agesa 1006)

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-asrock-thread-support-feedback-etc.18760683/page-28" rel="nofollow - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-asrock-thread-support-feedback-etc.18760683/page-28

I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS YET
IT IS A BETA
I AM PROVIDING A LINK FROM A GUY WE TRUST

USE AT OWN RISK OR WAIT FOR ASROCK TO FINAL RELEASE IT

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:46am

heres a link to latest taichi beta as linked on overclockers uk (including agesa 1006)

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-asrock-thread-support-feedback-etc.18760683/page-28" rel="nofollow - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-asrock-thread-support-feedback-etc.18760683/page-28

IT IS A BETA

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, will try it!

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:50am
no problem mate
but i like to wait a day or two myself to see some reviews
one guy has just replied hes unstable at 3200 still.........

one other thing ive noticed is ................

its a bloody big bios file ! 16mb

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 7:09am

no problem mate
but i like to wait a day or two myself to see some reviews
one guy has just replied hes unstable at 3200 still.........

one other thing ive noticed is ................

its a bloody big bios file ! 16mb

It must be a non-compressed file if it is 16MB.

Any uncompressed Instant Flash UEFI update file for the X370 Taichi is 16,384 KB.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 7:17am
Originally posted by SoniC SoniC wrote:

That's nothing new and was posted a day ago here --- this is the main source:

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming
https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/05/25/community-update-4-lets-talk-dram

That's not the point, but enjoy! LOL

The point is how could mother board manufactures be providing UEFI/BIOS updates weeks ago containing AGESA 1.0.0.6 if it was just officially released by AMD.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 7:59am
BIOS works fine, I have to fine adjust it to get 3600 stable, tried staright away and got a blue screen crash. 3466 works flawlessly though

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 8:55am

BIOS works fine, I have to fine adjust it to get 3600 stable, tried staright away and got a blue screen crash. 3466 works flawlessly though

That looks awesome.

Posted By: x370
Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 9:16am

IT IS A BETA

Thanks, will try.

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 11:22am

If you scroll down in that OC thread someone mentioned a different place in the Bios needing to be adjusted as well.

Posted By: TooQik
Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:12pm

IT IS A BETA

Many thanks for the beta BIOS link.

Given that I've been one of the "unlucky" ones who has found themselves with Hynix RAM and unable to boot at anything higher than 2400 I thought I might give this beta a test run.

I defaulted my old BIOS (2.30), rebooted into Windows, downloaded the beta BIOS and whacked in on a USB stick, rebooted and installed all without issue. After the BIOS install I checked all the BIOS settings, lots of new RAM timings available, and booted into Windows using the BIOS defaults, so far, so good.

Next step was to restart, go into the BIOS, set my RAM to use the XMP profile, save changes and hold my breath........

SUCCESS!!!!! My PC booted first time straight into Windows where I could confirm that the RAM was indeed running at its advertised XMP profile settings of 3200 @ 16-18-18-38-1T Thumbs Up

Happy days. Now I'm off to have a better look through the BIOS to see what exactly has been exposed and do some benchmarking to see what sort of improvements higher speed RAM offers me - so far a quick Cinebench and Geekbench run have shown some increases, so all looks very promising.

Posted By: J Z
Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:54pm
X370 Taichi TestBIOS mit AGESA 1.0.0.6 (1006)

http://www.jzelectronic.de/jz2/forum.php%3cact=36561" rel="nofollow - http://www.jzelectronic.de/jz2/forum.php?act=36561

Link with -->> forum.php?act=36561

or

http://goo.gl/sTqBjE" rel="nofollow - goo.gl/sTqBjE

-------------
Kind Regards,
JZ

https://shop.JZelectronic.de - Der Shop mit ausgesuchter ASRock Profi Hardware

https://www.facebook.com/asrock.de

Posted By: Nemesis.ie
Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 7:04pm
Some love for the FGP would be nice. I'm kicking myself I didn't go for the cheaper board at this point. :(

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 8:12pm
+1 for anyone to post a x370 Fatal1ty Pro Gaming bios with AGESA 1.0.0.6

-------------
-=SoniC=-

Posted By: lowdog
Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 8:36pm
WTF!......X370 Pro Gaming is Asrock Flagship AM4 board so why does Taichi get bios first....WTF!!!!   

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by lowdog lowdog wrote:

WTF!......X370 Pro Gaming is Asrock Flagship AM4 board so why does Taichi get bios first....WTF!!!!   

its due to us having a cool sounding name for our boards Tongue

or maybe its just far more common ? or consiracy aside maybe the bios writer has the taichi so he tested that first

in the grand scheme of things pretty soon all the bios will start to drop (remember this is a BETA its around to testing and final polishing purpose)

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 8:49pm
some points to note from what ive been reading now about agesa 1006

overall a VAST improvement for xmp users (eg fit-click-work )
ability to make the cheaper ram kits hit there design speed (eg hynix chips)
improvement on the cold boot cycling issues ( eg command rate 2t and other less agressive timings)
and now something else to note from several users trying to max the ram overclocks
at least three reports on one reddit thread about a memory hole/gap at 3200 sucessfully passed by trying for the 3300ish or 3400ish speed (eg good at 2933, fail at 3200, but good again at 3333/3400)

so something to bear in mind (eg maybe you parsec with your flare 3200 kit) if its not happy at 3200 at least try the next speed up/higher to see if your suffering the memory hole
as and when of course the agesa 1006 bios comes out for your model boards

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 9:16pm
" rel="nofollow - regarding users waiting for agesa 1006 to get the ram faster
heres a stop gap link

its amd's own techie guy talking you through tips with ryzen/am4 to get the most out of your ram
it covers voltages for ram and soc (he even states upto 1,5 volts for ram and 1.1 volts for soc)
and also explains a little about the procODT setting in bios and suggests the range between 40ohm and 60 ohm to assist in ram stability
the guidelines will assist anyone even after agesa 1006 update on how and what these bios options are doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZgpHTaQ10k&app=desktop
the talk starts after 4 mins into video

-------------

Posted By: cutterjohn
Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by lowdog lowdog wrote:

dunno, but the last 2? 3? BIOSes came out for the taichi first, yet another reason to regret buying fatal1ty over taichi...

Posted By: vklvykl
Date Posted: 28 May 2017 at 1:35am
Gskill 3200 trident z rgb cl16 get only 3066
3200 windows starts to restart

Posted By: Nemesis.ie
Date Posted: 28 May 2017 at 1:44am
" rel="nofollow - On a Taichi with the new AGESA and setting XMP or what exactly did you use/set?

Posted By: vklvykl
Date Posted: 28 May 2017 at 1:58am
Originally posted by Nemesis.ie Nemesis.ie wrote:

" rel="nofollow - On a Taichi with the new AGESA and setting XMP or what exactly did you use/set?
yes, with beta bios 2.34 on taichi 
XMP Profile 3200

Posted By: Velajan
Date Posted: 28 May 2017 at 3:42am
I updated to the latest beta bios 2.34 with the AGESA 1006 update and my results are extremely disappointing.

Previously I was able to use 2667mhz with my CMU16GX4M2C3200C16 (SK Hynix, Stepping: 00h) and with the aforementioned bios update, I can now only run 2133mhz. :(

Date Posted: 28 May 2017 at 4:59am
Originally posted by Velajan Velajan wrote:

I updated to the latest beta bios 2.34 with the AGESA 1006 update and my results are extremely disappointing.

Previously I was able to use 2667mhz with my CMU16GX4M2C3200C16 (SK Hynix, Stepping: 00h) and with the aforementioned bios update, I can now only run 2133mhz. :(
Either you are doing something wrong... and you should play more with the settings (ProcODT - 60 Ohm, SOC Voltage 1.1,  CR 2T and CL16 and set the timings manually, and re-try at least 2667) or roll back to the earlier stable (do clear CMOS before/after). 

-------------
-=SoniC=-

Posted By: mysticjbyrd
Date Posted: 28 May 2017 at 7:20am
" rel="nofollow -

2.34 isn't showing up for me.   

Does this version have support for up to 4000 like the Asus version!?

-------------
Is "God" able, but not willing to stop evil? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God???

??Epicurus

Posted By: GenesisDoes
Date Posted: 28 May 2017 at 9:29am
You can download the beta 2.34 here:  http://https://mega.nz/#F!fd8QzbRT!pCKai2H8VEJzyilHvf9rnA" rel="nofollow - http://https://mega.nz/#F!fd8QzbRT!pCKai2H8VEJzyilHvf9rnA

My 32GB TridentZ 2x16GB kit can't run at 3200 but it does work fine at 3066 (before it wouldn't post past 2400 so this is a huge improvement).

My aida64 score:  http://i.imgur.com/4NNuhT5.jpg" rel="nofollow - http://i.imgur.com/4NNuhT5.jpg

-------------
Taichi X370, Ryzen 1700 @ 4ghz, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ Ram, Samsung 960 EVO nvme, Intel 600P nvme, 2TB Seagate HDD, 2TB Hitachi HDD, 1TB Mushkin SSD, GTX 1080

Posted By: MrMajestyk
Date Posted: 28 May 2017 at 12:32pm
that was actually nice, first attempt with XMP profile booted butter smooth with 3200 14-14-14-34 as per specs..

so now running my X1700 at 4050 MHz with 1.3875v, 2x16GB Gskill Trident Z as per above on Taichi - thanks Asrock

just need that 2.34 Bios on the official page

Posted By: Rythex
Date Posted: 28 May 2017 at 12:37pm
I'm happy with current BIOS on my fatality pro. my flare-x 16gb is running at 3200mhz, Cl14.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net