URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5205
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 1:34pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: x370 pro gaming aquantia lan issue
Posted By: Pandemicc
Subject: x370 pro gaming aquantia lan issue
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:22am
" rel="nofollow - hi

i was unable reach %65 of the internet sites so i tried my intel lan port and problem gone. i have both lan ports drivers installed, how can i fix this? i am using same cable on both ports which is cat 5e, would the problem gone if i use cat7 cable? 

Replies:
Posted By: SoniC
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 1:50am
This happens to me too.... 
Also with the latest drivers (1.40.37.0) this happens.... 
The simplest way to test it is for me is to check my home router config (internal http address -- Linksys EA-9500).
With Aquantia it doesn't open (infinite load) but when I switch to Intel --- it loads within a second.
Several browsers tested... obviously... +Latest router firmware.

-------------
-=SoniC=-
TR x1950, ASRock X399 FPG (v. 3.33A), G.Skill 3200 CL14 64GB, Enermax LiqTech 280,
AMD Vega 64 LC, 10x HDDs (mostly Hitachi), 2x M.2 (970EVO,960Pro), Xonar DX, AX1200i PSU

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 2:25am
we need to keep this thread up then. this issue has to be fixed

Posted By: MisterJ
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 3:32am
I just updated to 1.40.037.0 driver and expect more problems after seeing the post above.  The real problem here is no support from Aquantia.  I have e-mailed them until they quit answering.  I think everyone that has a problem should send them an e-mail complaining.  I think they have no idea what problems their users are seeing.  I was told that a public portal would be available in a few weeks (whenever that means) to provide drivers.  I would suggest using any on the contact e-mail addresses to try and get Aquantia to do something.  Good luck and enjoy, John.

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 4:02am
John.... I don't quite agree...
We should push our manufacturer to make pressure on them... This is the board from ASRock we bought. They have a contract with the manufacturer of the chip. 
They (ASRock) should make pressure on Aquantia, not us.
Of course it doesn't hurt to write to Aquantia too, but they have no licensing nor manufacturing agreement with the end-users. With ASRock - they do.

Long story short --- I suggest we will start to open tickets with ASRock and ask them to put some more pressure on Aquantia to get the product RIGHT and working as advertised (or better).

-------------
-=SoniC=-
TR x1950, ASRock X399 FPG (v. 3.33A), G.Skill 3200 CL14 64GB, Enermax LiqTech 280,
AMD Vega 64 LC, 10x HDDs (mostly Hitachi), 2x M.2 (970EVO,960Pro), Xonar DX, AX1200i PSU

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 5:10am
SoniC,  thanks for your reply.  I agree 100% to open tickets against ASRock.  For years I have depended on the original supplier of the HW for my drivers. It speeds things up (we still do not have 1.40.037.0 from ASRock) but is safer.  I DLed my Intel, Samsung (SSD) drivers and more from original suppliers not ASRock.  I get up to date drivers that have not been bundled with MB vendor SW.  My problems are few and rather obscure, but many here have very specific (repeatable, I hope) problems to report - hope they will.  Enjoy, John.

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 7:11pm
a tech guy must check our thread, we cannot use our aquantia port!

Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 12:57am
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

SoniC,  thanks for your reply.  I agree 100% to open tickets against ASRock.  For years I have depended on the original supplier of the HW for my drivers. It speeds things up (we still do not have 1.40.037.0 from ASRock) but is safer.  I DLed my Intel, Samsung (SSD) drivers and more from original suppliers not ASRock.  I get up to date drivers that have not been bundled with MB vendor SW.  My problems are few and rather obscure, but many here have very specific (repeatable, I hope) problems to report - hope they will.  Enjoy, John.

I agree - normally I prefer to go search and use latest/newest and I only start with the drivers found on the mainboard manufacturer site (to Install Win & test).
I also use newest NVMe Samsung drivers, newest intel for WLAN/BT/LAN, newest for my external soundcard (internal I have disabled --- hate this whole Creative Cinema $%#%$#&$% in order to have AT LEAST decent 5.1) etc.

But in this case (Aquantia LAN) even the latest & newest drivers cannot help.
I have opened a Support ticket with ASRock.... I advise everyone to do the same...
Unfortunately as additional info I forgot to point out to this thread.... it might be a good idea.... whoever opens the next ticket please do.... 
Maybe someone from the support would take a peek here....

-------------
-=SoniC=-

Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 8:26am
http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php%3coption=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=2859&lang=en" rel="nofollow - Station-Drivers has posted 1.40.042 drivers for the NIC.  I have not tested them yet.  Enjoy, John.

Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 10:41am
Hey John! Just tried the 1.40.42.0 WHQL driver (Origin seems to be ASUS ROG x270)...

aaaaaaaaaaaand... very early tests look very promising! Thumbs Up
I advise everyone to test this new driver!
http://station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=fileinfo&id=2859&lang=en

-------------
-=SoniC=-

Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 4:17am
Thanks, SoniC.  I just did some testing on my LAN and it seems OK, but I have mixed feelings.  I am curious what the others with real problems will observe.  Enjoy, John.

Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 4:33am
P.S. ASRock support replied me this today:

please update to latest Aquantia LAN driver 1.40.42.0 from:

http://www.aquantia.com/driver-download/" rel="nofollow - http://www.aquantia.com/driver-download/

choose part Number: AQN-108 and Platform: Windows 

And afterwards the install procedure... 
Nice for the Support to catch up to the latest driver versions too...
Anyway - it basically confirms what I am testing / feeling since 18 Hours+ on Aquantia now = with 1.40.42.0 drivers it actually works... 
And it works kinda better than intel I211 (might be a placebo though).

-------------
-=SoniC=-

Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:43am
Thanks, SoniC.  This must the public portal I was told about when I was e-mailing Aquantia.  Great, now we have an official source of their drivers!  Enjoy, John.

Posted By: Kevin A
Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 8:32am
Thanks for the Aquantia link(now bookmarked), I've downloaded the new driver and will give it a shot.

Posted By: Ivan_83
Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 2:35am
Set fixed 1Gb port speed instead auto in Aquantia nic settings.
My guess that Aquantia try to auto negotiate 5Gb speed, but fail.

Posted By: p1r473
Date Posted: 29 May 2017 at 1:23pm
" rel="nofollow - I was getting the same thing- I couldn't reach cineplex.com website on previous firmware (intel NIC worked, Aquantia didnt). I upgraded to the latest and it fixed it.

HOWEVER, for the last 3 days I have been getting computer freezes every hour. Nothing in the event manager so far, until last time (event posted below).

I am going to disable Aquantia LAN and see if it fixes my freezing. Has anyone else experienced freezing with Aquantia LAN 1.40.42.0? 
Really hard to debug a freeze. I have to manually power off. No crash dump or anything, total freeze. I did manage to trigger a freeze plugging in and unplugging the ethernet cable.

BTW I am on ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier mobo

Here is the event:

Aquantia AQtion 5Gbit Network Adapter (NDIS 6.50 Miniport) : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

Aquantia AQtion 5Gbit Network Adapter (NDIS 6.50 Miniport) : The network adapter has detected that the token ring cable is disconnected  from the network adapter. Please reconnect the cable.

The network interface "Aquantia AQtion 5Gbit Network Adapter (NDIS 6.50 Miniport)" has begun resetting.  There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.
Reason: The network driver detected that its hardware has stopped responding to commands.
This network interface has reset 24 time(s) since it was last initialized.

Posted By: jpopcorn
Date Posted: 29 May 2017 at 2:39pm
Sonic, thank you for your post and the driver link.  I've been testing those new drivers, 1.40.42.0.  So far so good. 
Before those latest drivers, my 5G LAN was causing all sorts of problems.  So I RMA'ed my board.  The new board had the same 5G issue.  Again, now that 5G LAN is working.  Thank you.

Posted By: p1r473
Date Posted: 29 May 2017 at 11:25pm
Unfortunately this driver isnt the cause of my freezes... got to keep digging

Posted By: UberPizius
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 5:15am
z270 supercarrier here and other 5gbit lan problems

the 5gbit lan refuses to work, if i enable on the bios, and install the latest driver at restart the pc froze on error 46 and A2, to get it work i nedd to power off the pc and restart, after i disable del 5bg lan on the bios the pc works normally

after doing a memtest on my g skill trident Z rgb  https://www.amazon.com/G-Skill-PC4-25600-3200MHz-Ripjaws-Channel/dp/B013J7FLO0" rel="nofollow - 3200MHZ  i found 2 error, the ram was mounted in slot 2-4, then i have done a memtest in the  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0086A61MM" rel="nofollow - slot 1-3 , this time no error -__-

testing a single module of crucial ddr4 2400mhz no error was found

dismounted and reomunted the cpu, all is fine socket is ok, and cpu contact is good, cooler not overtightened

now i'm replacing the ram with another kit, but for the 5gbit lan? is the mainboard defective?

Posted By: EvanWasHere
Date Posted: 29 May 2018 at 6:36am
" rel="nofollow -
How is the 10GbE on your motherboards working out?  I bought the ASRock FATAL1TY a few months ago and finally just bought another one, so I could use 10GbE with a switch between them. 

But my transfers between machines have been slower than the 1Gb NICs and I am constantly having issues with Netflix and webpages.  I tried the newest drivers as well as the one suggested here.

Posted By: ajlueke
Date Posted: 30 May 2018 at 1:27am
Hello all,

I was also having substantial issues using the AQuantia port with the X370 Fatal1ty Professional Gaming motherboard. The port would get stuck verifying my internet connection and I would be unable to resolve it. If I switched to Wifi, it would connect, but the throughput was extremely slow. This occurred consistently on my old Trendnet TEW-639GR router. When I upgraded to an ASUS AC3100 the issue was resolved, and it also has not reoccurred since. I have not upgraded my AQauntia drivers to the latest, and have been running fine with no issues since November 2017. I did make sure to configure the IPV6 settings in the new router, as my ISP supports those. The old router was not IPV6 capable.

Not sure if that was part of the problem or not, but in my experience, there was definitely some sort of handshaking problem with the AQuantia port and my old router.

Posted By: stupidityleak
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:08am
Just in case anyone is having the same problems I was having, I have two identical systems with the ASROCK Fata1ity X370 Professional Gaming AM4 system with the Aquantia 5g NIC built into the board.

Both systems have the same issues:

Aquantia NIC shows connecting > reset > connecting > reset

or

Aquantia NIC would just not recognize anything plugged into it at all

I tried the beta firmware update listed on the ASROCK website and both the ASROCK issued driver and the Aquantia issued driver. Nothing worked.

I finally got in touch with Richard at Aquantia (he said to have anyone else having issues contact them at aqn_support@aquantia.com). Richard sent me a .ZIP file with a firmware update and new drivers. This is what I did:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tW-lvy_XRj9IR5siRuziQWPxUL7vPVJa" rel="nofollow - Updated Files

1. Empty the .ZIP folder into C:\update
2. Open Device Manager and update the Aquantia driver to the ones found in C:\update
3. Open a command prompt as Administrator
4. Browse to the C:\update folder
5. Run AtlFlashUpdate.exe
6. The firmware will update to 1.5.83
7. Once the process is complete, restart your computer
8. Adapter should now work normally.

Note: I have two of these systems and these steps fixed the problem on both. When I restarted after the firmware update, both systems hung after Windows shut down and I had to manually reset them but that was the only hangup.

I hope this helps.

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:12am
Originally posted by stupidityleak stupidityleak wrote:

Just in case anyone is having the same problems I was having, I have two identical systems with the ASROCK Fata1ity X370 Professional Gaming AM4 system with the Aquantia 5g NIC built into the board.

Both systems have the same issues:

Aquantia NIC shows connecting > reset > connecting > reset

or

Aquantia NIC would just not recognize anything plugged into it at all

I tried the beta firmware update listed on the ASROCK website and both the ASROCK issued driver and the Aquantia issued driver. Nothing worked.

I finally got in touch with Richard at Aquantia (he said to have anyone else having issues contact them at aqn_support@aquantia.com). Richard sent me a .ZIP file with a firmware update and new drivers. This is what I did:

Files: https://file.io/YS21Ty" rel="nofollow - https://file.io/YS21Ty

1. Empty the .ZIP folder into C:\update
2. Open Device Manager and update the Aquantia driver to the ones found in C:\update
3. Open a command prompt as Administrator
4. Browse to the C:\update folder
5. Run AtlFlashUpdate.exe
6. The firmware will update to 1.5.83
7. Once the process is complete, restart your computer
8. Adapter should now work normally.

Note: I have two of these systems and these steps fixed the problem on both. When I restarted after the firmware update, both systems hung after Windows shut down and I had to manually reset them but that was the only hangup.

I hope this helps.

Awesome.  I will try this tonight.  I also have identical systems, and while the NICs both work, they both have the same issue where it can't load random websites.  For a week, I was unable to load imdb.com.  If I switch to another NIC on the board, it works perfectly.

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:15am
Perfect, I hope it helps. I am able to imdb.com and some other random stuff that people said they were having trouble accessing. I also am able to achieve 472 down on a 400 advertised connection from Comcast so no issues there either.

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:17am
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by stupidityleak stupidityleak wrote:

Perfect, I hope it helps. I am able to imdb.com and some other random stuff that people said they were having trouble accessing. I also am able to achieve 472 down on a 400 advertised connection from Comcast so no issues there either.

I just tried the file.io link but it's not working?

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:18am
I think I had to keep the browser window open and I closed it. Let me find a more reliable way to share it. Hang on...

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:24am
Check original post, click on "Files". Should work with Google Drive

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:29am
Got it!

Thanks

Posted By: jpopcorn
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 6:02am
stupidityleak, thank you.  Nice work.  Great write up.  Thanks again!

Posted By: Ricardo
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 5:11am
If anyone can help me...

After I disconnected the cables on my pc to change a PSU cable, my Aquantia NIC stopped working. It wasn't getting a valid IP address.

I've found this topic and I contacted the Aquantia support by email. They send me the model number (AQC108) to download the new driver and firmware on their website. I have update the driver and then the firmware, but now the cable is not being recognized at all by windows 10.

I've booted Ubuntu on a flash drive to test it and the network worked just fine with the Aquantia NIC.

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 2:06pm
Ricardo, send me your email in a private message and I will try to assist.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net