Forum Description: Question about ASRock AMD motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5273
Printed Date: 03 May 2024 at 3:45pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: AGESA 1.0.0.6
Posted By: wardog
Subject: AGESA 1.0.0.6
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 1:31pm
" rel="nofollow - I've been testing 1.0.0.6 for two weeks now on my X370 Killer SLI/ac.

It's not stable. Well, not completely stable. The DRAM additions have a few issues that need ironed out yet. Which, to be fair, is expected seeings the AM4 BIOS is still maturing. 1.0.0.6 is/was(?) a monstrous step in the right direction.

Sadly, it's still problematic. I don't foresee many if any manufacturers releasing it.

Stay tuned.

Edit: Explanations of changes and additions made with AGESA 1.0.0.6.
https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/05/25/community-update-4-lets-talk-dram

Replies:
Posted By: Spawne32
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 1:46pm
Damn, was hoping for better news than that.  Keep up the good fight there.

Posted By: 404CN
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 12:16am
" rel="nofollow - ?æ?没æ?b350k4?„æ?试ç??ï?

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 12:59am
Originally posted by 404CN 404CN wrote:

" rel="nofollow - ?�?没�?b350k4?��?试�??�?

If there is/was I wouldn't be aware of one.

Posted By: Heyitsaaron
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 1:50am
Yeah. Wished they had a roadmap and actually posted betas in the official forums. Communication is lacking compared to other board makers for sure.

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Heyitsaaron Heyitsaaron wrote:

Yeah. Wished they had a roadmap and actually posted betas in the official forums. Communication is lacking compared to other board makers for sure.

A Road Map would need provided by AMD themselves.

The New AGESA 1.0.0.6 thread here mimics my experiences using the seven kits of DDR4 I have. It, 1.0.0.6, just isn't the release manufacturers want to give Users, hence many releasing BETAs with it instead of actual releases. To temporarily quell the masses.

I too had high hopes, and still do.

Posted By: TooQik
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 10:49am
" rel="nofollow - Hi wardog,

Are you able to elaborate more on the stability issues that you have found please?

I had a couple of random crashes when running the 2.34 BIOS on the Taichi but I've not yet struck any issues with 2.36.

Posted By: soleil14
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 2:20pm
" rel="nofollow - I can get my ram to work at 3600Mhz, timing 16 16 16 36 with 2.36:
https://scontent.fsgn2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t35.0-12/18901496_10209505830943677_566597026_o.png?oh=288d55f8f04aa3b106819ae21193cd11&oe=5932B631

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by TooQik TooQik wrote:

" rel="nofollow - Hi wardog,

Are you able to elaborate more on the stability issues that you have found please?

Pretty much echos the sentiment of some Users in the "New AGESA 1.0.0.6" thread.

The DRAM tweaks intro'd in it are still a wee bit problematic. Some Users see better and many call it a step back. Ryzen, last I knew, looked at what was programmed into/onto the SPD chip to use. Unfortunately, many sticks only have two "speed' timings programmed whereas again many have 3 and 4 programmed onto their SPD chip.

On two heretofore unnamed brand kits with only two SPD timings things got wierd. Yet with one kit with twp in SPD it did as was expected. The kits I have that have 4 programmed fared better.

Posted By: TooQik
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 9:41pm
I'm hearing what you're saying but to me this is more of an end user learning curve problem rather than a stability issue.

Each user now has access to a multitude of settings and potentially RAM profiles that weren't previously available. While some profiles may not work it's a case of working through each until you find one that does, or alternatively tweak RAM settings individually for those inclined to do so.

Granted this is not ideal for people who are not overly computer literate, but it does bring better RAM compatibility.

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 9:54pm
Awwww ...... Now you've gone and done it. Did you just use "end user" and "learning curve" in the same sentence?Embarrassed

But I believe that is hitting the nail on its head. Most Users are either plug-n-play. Then the nits that attempt to copy someones settings off a forum thread and then scratch their head and whine.

Here in what we are discussing, it has to work for both.

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 12:06am
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by TooQik TooQik wrote:

Granted this is not ideal for people who are not overly computer literate, but it does bring better RAM compatibility.

I should add. After "playing' for hours on end with two Hynix kits I ran them through the wringer finding speed and timings that played nice I (re-)(over-)wrote their SPD programming with these findings onto their SPD chips using Thaiphoon Burner with mixed success.

Now. Were the numbers I programmed in a total success? No, yet doing so did provide some not previously "discovered' by Ryzens mem training routine speeds and timings that weren't available before re-programming the SPD chip.

Though, that/those results could have been anecdotal too. YMMV

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 12:24am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Though, that/those results could have been anecdotal too. YMMV

Clarification:

To my specific system and maybe more so the memory kits used the results may be anecdotal that is. Hence YMMV

Posted By: BenRichards
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 1:06am
After finally getting a chance to test 2.36 on my Pro Gaming board I echo wardog's sentiments regarding the BIOS. Once flashed I was able to get 3600 (3600CL16 TridentZ kit) to post using the XMP profile, but it quickly went down hill from there. I tried all of the higher dividers with 20-20-20-2T timings, 1.45v, and 1.2v SOC with no luck. 3600 no longer posted after reverting back to default values and then loading the XMP profile. I could get 3200 to post and boot into windows but when I applied my 4GHz OC, the computer would hang on a boot code I didn't recognize. I had to flash back to 2.3 to be functional again at 4GHz 1.42v and 3200 14-14-14-1T 1.4v, 1.2SOC.

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 1:37am
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by BenRichards BenRichards wrote:

After finally getting a chance to test 2.36 on my Pro Gaming board I echo wardog's sentiments regarding the BIOS. Once flashed I was able to get 3600 (3600CL16 TridentZ kit) to post using the XMP profile, but it quickly went down hill from there. I tried all of the higher dividers with 20-20-20-2T timings, 1.45v, and 1.2v SOC with no luck. 3600 no longer posted after reverting back to default values and then loading the XMP profile. I could get 3200 to post and boot into windows but when I applied my 4GHz OC, the computer would hang on a boot code I didn't recognize. I had to flash back to 2.3 to be functional again at 4GHz 1.42v and 3200 14-14-14-1T 1.4v, 1.2SOC.

For my curiosity Ben, do you remember that error code?

And Welcome to the forum.

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 2:07am

" rel="nofollow -

For my curiosity Ben, do you remember that error code?

And Welcome to the forum.

Thanks! I plan on flashing again tonight and tinkering around now that the work week is coming to an end; I'll follow up with the code. It was strange though since the board didn't try to cycle itself after a failed attempt, it was just indefinitely frozen. For the most part I would get F9 and be able to get back into the BIOS to change settings. However this required clearing CMOS and doing a reboot.

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 11:28am
The codes seem to be whatever one it lands on when it freezes when initializing. So far it's been 03, 1F, and 11. I did however get 3466 stable at 14-14-14-2T with Geardown disabled, so I got that going for me at least.

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 12:32pm
" rel="nofollow -

The codes seem to be whatever one it lands on when it freezes when initializing. So far it's been 03, 1F, and 11. I did however get 3466 stable at 14-14-14-2T with Geardown disabled, so I got that going for me at least.

Yea. All three of those are mem related:
http://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=334

I started testing 1T and 2T differences but as always the Honey Do list got in the way. I'll have to find my notes/results and get back to finishing that.

Thanks for replying back. It's appreciated.

Posted By: oile
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 4:09pm
" rel="nofollow - Actually happy to find here someone to share my experience with!
I've gone trough a lot of phases testing 2.34 before and 2.36 after on my X370 TAICHI with my 1600 and CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 CL15-17-17 v5.30 Hynix M single. Spent A LOT of time on these bioses. Time wasted.

First times I booted at 3066 cl16 or even 3200 I was tasting the victory.

I was wrong.

2.34 noticeably had problems syncing dram timings in OC page with Dram timing configuration in AMD submenu in advanced. Manual timings couldn't even being applied correctly, it was basically trash, but let forsee some potential.

2.36 better, no sync problems. But his behaviour is "not scientific". I cannot reproduce same results everytime.

I've pleayed with almost every new settings, including CLDO_VDDP, Geardown and powerdown modes, command rates and ProcODT . Simply not getting a clear scheme.

My best case with my sticks was 3200 CL 18-18-18-38 with timings borrowed from Asus Crosshair VI timings with the help of some guys with same stick as mine who was running 3200 CL16 flawlessy on his Crosshair agesa 1.0.0.6 beta (enough said..) but that with SoC 1.2v, dram at 1.43 (1.5v in windows) so waaaay more than what was needed IMHO. 
ProcODT working better were 48ohms and 53.3 ohms but never had full stability (problems sometimes in memtest DOS, sometimes in HCI, sometimes in GSAT, sometimes powerdowns).
I have experienced too a lot of new error codes, wich found to be PCH and Memory related. Also some 00 codes at stock frequencies or OC that I know my CPU is capable of.
I have even tried to input manually every (I mean Every single!) timing totally avoiding XMP reading.

The most important facts that made me SAD :
Not only I gained pratically nothing in AIDA and Maxmemm test going from 2933 to 3200 but most importantly GENERAL PERFORMANCES OF 1.0.0.6 BETAS ARE A COMPLETE MESS. 
Take for example BATTLEFIELD 1, with 2.34-2.36 @ default 2933 there is lag everywhere. It's like data are not properly transmitted among Cpu-Ram-PCIEX (same conditions, gpu utilization down from 85-90% to 72% almost fixed WTF? ) something not right.
And it is clearly visible in Firestrike Physics score too. Not able to get over 55 fps on the physics only.

Regarding SPD, I was beginning to think about buying Thaiphoon to do the same you thought. Writing proper manual timings on a separate profile.
The point is that I don't have an Intel platform to actually verify what the sticks are capable of to be sure the custom-xmp would work properly on the best case scenario, but most importantly, based on what I've seen in these betas, It would have been simply not worth the hassle.

I'm back to stable 2.34 STRONGLY HOPING that asrock engineers have some hynix M chips and got the same feedback as mine.

If any of you here are reading this, please report to asrock engineers . Something is not right in communication between CCXs, RAM and PCIEX .  I don't know what. But I am losing performance at the exact same settings as 2.30 agesa 1.0.0.4 bios.

Posted By: Heuvanek
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 4:51pm
" rel="nofollow - Hi guys

For the X370 Killer SLI Asrcok lunch the 2.4 bios. I tested it, he is working, but strictly no différence with 2.4 bios. While i was secretly expecting the Agesa 1.0.0.6 in this bios. (in the secret goal to make my ram works in the XMP Profile)

as you said it, the agesa make the system unstable, so do you think we will see this agesa one day or they stop working on better bios now ?

Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 5:04pm
The UEFI on all AM4 boards is still under development, both by AMD and manufacturers. Rest assured, whatever issues AGESA 1.0.0.6 has will likely be ironed out, either by AMD or by manufacturers. We will either see a 1.0.0.7 or a vendor level fix. I don't have any details other than it is being worked on by ASRock and AMD both. It will, like all things, take time. Bare in mind however that AMD is not like intel, the AM4 platform will likely be compatible with several processor generations. This means that your board will serve you for quite some time to come Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

The UEFI on all AM4 boards is still under development, both by AMD and manufacturers. Rest assured, whatever issues AGESA 1.0.0.6 has will likely be ironed out, either by AMD or by manufacturers. We will either see a 1.0.0.7 or a vendor level fix. I don't have any details other than it is being worked on by ASRock and AMD both. It will, like all things, take time. Bare in mind however that AMD is not like intel, the AM4 platform will likely be compatible with several processor generations. This means that your board will serve you for quite some time to come Wink

That's why I ditched Intel after so many years in favour of AMD. And that's also why I've been spending time writing about my feedback :)
Thank you

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 7:15pm
I have always loved that about AMD too. Finally there is a competitive architecture from AMD again Thumbs Up 

I am looking forward to Zen APUs, that should be interesting.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 5:51pm
I was not really loving AMD, I was only buying some APU for my family.

I was only with intel for my PCs. But Motherboard troubles (I get 4 motherboard for my 2600K, at the end, i was tired), and the joke by intel on the consummers to not do nothing during 6 years convince me to try AMD. (whearas price were explosing)

Else, thanks you for your answer Xaltar.

PS : sry for my bad english not native, i do what i can ^^

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 12:14am
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by oile oile wrote:

Regarding SPD, I was beginning to think about buying Thaiphoon to do the same you thought. Writing proper manual timings on a separate profile.
The point is that I don't have an Intel platform to actually verify what the sticks are capable of to be sure the custom-xmp would work properly on the best case scenario, but most importantly, based on what I've seen in these betas, It would have been simply not worth the hassle.

You don't verify what they'll do on an Intel system. Why would you????????

It is painstakingly done on the system they are to run on. Verify on the Ryzen system you have.

It's slow arduous and tedius. With you becoming very VERY familiar with reaching for the Reset switch, and clearing the CMOS

Posted By: eldragon0
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 11:29pm
EDIT: 

Looks like 2.34 and 2.36 are floating around the Forums here with 1.0.0.6 for Taichi. Guess I have some fun to do tonight :D 

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 12:01am
I will be testing L2.34 on my Taichi once I have my system built. I will backup and upload it if anyone wants it. It will be a few days though, I am waiting on a few parts still.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 5:23am
" rel="nofollow - I assume no beta bios for the AB350M Pro4? My only other beef with that board is the fact that you cannot edit LLC (load line control) assuming it has it, which it seems like it does. And SOC voltage cannot be changed and it appears that the second system fan header has no control as well. I assume it defaults to the settings system fan 1 uses but I cannot verify.

Posted By: PinetreeRoad
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 7:32am
" rel="nofollow - Can someone tell me where I can report BIOS bugs? I have been testing the beta BIOS for the x370 Pro Gaming L2.36, and it still has the exact same RAM OC bug that the latest stable BIOS has L2.30.

It would be nice if I can report this now before Asrock finalizes the BIOS, because this bug makes memory overclocking a real pain. I almost RMA'd my board because I though it was broken until this bug was pointed out to me in an overclocking video somewhere. IIRC that guy was on a 1.xx version of the Taichi BIOS so this bug has been around for a while.

I'm also going to post the bug here so that people on the forum and googling around can find this and be aware of this issue. This bug is present on the latest stable BIOS and the latest beta BIOS. This bug effects the X370 Pro Gaming and the x370 Taichi IIRC.

When memory overclocking, if you choose any speed or setting that is unstable and will not pass post. You MUST clear CMOS to apply ANY memory settings or it will never pass post outside of the default memory speeds (in my case DDR4 2400). Even if you apply memory settings that you know for a fact are stable, and have passed post before. It will never pass post until you clear CMOS after failing post during the retries.

For example: You set 3600MHz as your memory speed, it doesn't pass post. After the retries it resets back to default. Go right into the BIOS when it boots up after the retries. You enable the XMP profile, you will still not pass post ever. Even if you have booted with the XMP profile before. The board just gets stuck in this loop until you clear CMOS or reset to default settings in the BIOS and reboot without changing anything.

If requested I can record a short video showing this, incase this doesn't make sense. It was a bit difficult for me to articulate this issue.

As you can imagine this makes memory overclocking a serious pain in the ass. As I found out last night.

Hopefully we can get this fixed soon.

Posted By: Denroth
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 6:10pm
" rel="nofollow - @wardog a question

Your platform (I have the same motherboard + r7 1700 and ram gskill ripjaws b-die 3200mhz cl15)
X370 Killer SLI / AC, 1500X, H115i, CMK16GX4M2B3600C18

which frequency keep your ram? you manage to bring them to 3200mhz?

On my platform are unstable even with 1.4v 16-16-16-36

Posted By: x370
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 6:17pm
I'm running bios 2.36 on my Taichi and 2x16gb samsung b-die kits for quite some time now. It allowed me to instaboot with XMP 3200 c14 profile while I was stuck at 2666 with 2.30 bios and I've been testing stability with prime95 blend test and aida64 memory test for several hours. Also played tens of hours in different games. No cold boot issues, no crashes. 1700 @ 3900 and 1.35v. Seems pretty stable for me. In fact I probably won't be upgrading from it to the official bios unless there would be a good reason to do so.

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 2:48am
More and more b350 boards getting updated. Not one beta yet from asrock for a b350 board.. shoot the msi thomahawk is on a rc4 build. Patiently waiting. I wished Asrock actually communicated with us.

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 12:15pm
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by PinetreeRoad PinetreeRoad wrote:

Can someone tell me where I can report BIOS bugs?

They're busy as all get out but you would direct it to

http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

I can tell you they are fully aware of this. It's not only ASRock boards that are exhibiting this and as such AMD is aware of this behavior also.

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Denroth Denroth wrote:

Your platform (I have the same motherboard + r7 1700 and ram gskill ripjaws b-die 3200mhz cl15)

With BIOS 2.40(AGESA 1.0.0.4a) my CMK16GX4M2B3600C18 kit went to 3200, albeit with some IMO loose timings.

Pardon me, my current Sig is not up to date.

Let me get that CMK16GX4M2B3600C18 kit back in there and I'll report back to you. Do me a favor as my Wife is having some health issues that we run here and there daily with/for, PM me in a couple days if I haven't yet replied here to you as a reminder to me please.

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 5:36pm

With BIOS 2.40(AGESA 1.0.0.4a) my CMK16GX4M2B3600C18 kit went to 3200, albeit with some IMO loose timings.

Let me get that CMK16GX4M2B3600C18 kit back in there and I'll report back to you. Do me a favor as my Wife is having some health issues that we run here and there daily with/for, PM me in a couple days if I haven't yet replied here to you as a reminder to me please.

np man ;)

with 1.35v O_O

Posted By: ajlueke
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 9:32pm
I've actually found the beta UEFI 2.36 for the Fatal1ty Pro Gaming to be perfectly stable. I've been able to run 2 DIMMs of my 4 DIMM kit at 3200 14-16-16-16-36 since UEFI 1.5 (AGESA 1.0.0.3). The beta 2.36 UEFI (AGESA 1.0.0.6) is the first UEFI where I have been able to do the same with all four installed. Previously I was limited to 2667 with all four DIMMs installed.

It has been perfectly stable for days with no issues. I'm actually nervous about flashing to the full release UEFI when it becomes available.

https://community.amd.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/105-14590-121630/pastedImage_0.png" rel="nofollow - https://community.amd.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/105-14590-121630/pastedImage_0.png

https://community.amd.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/105-14590-121637/pastedImage_1.png" rel="nofollow - https://community.amd.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/105-14590-121637/pastedImage_1.png

https://community.amd.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/105-14590-121638/pastedImage_2.png" rel="nofollow - https://community.amd.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/105-14590-121638/pastedImage_2.png

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 10:14pm
If the beta is working perfectly for you, don't bother updating. You will gain nothing and could lose your stability if something is changed.

I am on the 2.34 BIOS for my Taichi and have my 3600 kit running at 3333 without issue. My 2800 kit also runs flawlessly with this BIOS version (AGESA 1.0.0.6). Over all the board is running brilliantly so far. I have my 1600x running at 4.05ghz at 1.39v LLC lvl 1 in conjunction with the 3333 RAM.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 3:03am
x370 killer sli bios 2.40 is buggy.. best 2.30 >.>

Posted By: kebl3739
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 5:39am
" rel="nofollow - Any news for the AB350 Pro4?

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by kebl3739 kebl3739 wrote:

I wouldn't expect another bios update for that and the mATX variant for at least another 3 months.

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Spawne32 Spawne32 wrote:

I wouldn't expect another bios update for that and the mATX variant for at least another 3 months.

3 months is a stretch. Shocked

I'd say when AMD comes out with a more palatable/workable AGESA and ASRock and other manufacturers have time to incorporate it and do in-house testing.

Posted By: LordStreetguru
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 1:37am
" rel="nofollow - I don't even get the update yet for my B350 Gaming K4 Fatal1ty board, what gives ASrock? I know X370 is the priority but still, need my faster RAM if I can get it.

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 1:41am

[URL=][/URL]Any news for the AB350 Pro4?

I spoke with the asrock Japan guys on twitter. The Ab350m pro4 per them should drop soon. Seems like they actually have a twitter manager that knows what's going on. They need to clone that person for the US account.

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 2:16am
" rel="nofollow -

I spoke with the asrock Japan guys on twitter.

Covfefe the Wiener  ?

Dude !!!....... ROTFLMAO

FTW

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 4:19am
" rel="nofollow -

[URL=][/URL]

I spoke with the asrock Japan guys on twitter.

Covfefe the Wiener? ?

Dude !!!....... ROTFLMAO

FTW

Lol. It's a running joke. My bestie called my large fingers wieners once. So it started as wienerhands and just random names with wiener in it. Lol

Anyways looks like ab350m pro4 is getting love soon. I'll report when I get it on my board.

Posted By: mgilbert
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 6:03am
Updated from 2.40 to 2.50, which contains AGESA 1.0.0.6, on an X370 Gaming K4.  No change...  I'm running Corsair 3600 MHz RAM - 2X8 GB.  2933 was all I could get out of it before, and that is still the case...

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 6:21am

[URL=][/URL]
Originally posted by PinetreeRoad PinetreeRoad wrote:

Can someone tell me where I can report BIOS bugs?

They're busy as all get out but you would direct it to

http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

I can tell you they are fully aware of this. It's not only ASRock boards that are exhibiting this and as such AMD is aware of this behavior also.

Well I certainly hope they are busy, they have quite a few BIOSes to update for AGESA .

If you say they are aware of it then I wont bother reporting it. I trust they want to fix it. I have completely given up on memory OCing until they fix this bug. It's just such an absolute pain right now.

Thank for the reply.

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 6:26am
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by mgilbert mgilbert wrote:

Updated from 2.40 to 2.50, which contains AGESA 1.0.0.6, on an X370 Gaming K4. ?No change... ?I'm running Corsair 3600 MHz RAM - 2X8 GB. ?2933 was all I could get out of it before, and that is still the case...

Clear CMOS then apply the XMP profile and set your SOC voltage to "fixed" @ 1.1V LLC level 2.

If you failed POST with a memory OC and don't reset the BIOS it wont POST outside of factory RAM settings.

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 6:34am
I am aware of that issue, and did do a hard reset, a power cycle, and a full reboot before making changes.  It didn't help.  Thanks just the same...

Posted By: s.baltov
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 12:39pm
With the 2.4 version I was able to overclock my Ryzen 1700 to 3.7GHz. The best I could get from my HyperX 3000Mhz was 2400.
With the 2.5 bios update I'm not able to overclock the CPU and RAM runs at 2133. I tried everything.
MB is ASROCK X370 Gaming K4.

Posted By: EpicPants
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 2:40pm
On gaming k4,

Cannot get my corsair 3000mhz Cl15 ram to go above 2400 on the New bios.
No change from previous bios.
Looks like time to buy new ram. I hoped that Hynix ram would work but looks like Samsung b die is the only way to go

Posted By: edukeren
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 2:46pm
hi same here 

i have b350 pro and k4x370 . i able to get 2933 in b350 in old bios , 
in x370 k4 i even cannot get to 2667 in corsair lpx sereis ( 2667) 
try losing timing , higher freq , etc . only once manage to boot in 2667 stable in windows but after i reboot it error again in the post 

is there any one luck with x370 k4 and corsari ram 

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 4:09pm
Strange, u are able to get ur Hynix 3000CL15 to run on one mobo and not the other?

Please update and let me know before I go out and get another kit.
It's killing me

Posted By: J Z
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 5:08pm
Corsair Vengeance LPX PC3000 CL15 Rev.5.39

-------------
Kind Regards,
JZ

https://shop.JZelectronic.de - Der Shop mit ausgesuchter ASRock Profi Hardware

https://www.facebook.com/asrock.de

Posted By: J Z
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 5:55pm
AGESA 1006
X370 Professional Gaming - BIOS 2.40
X370 Taichi - BIOS 2.40
X370 Gaming K4 - BIOS 2.50
X370 Killer SLI - BIOS 2.50
AB350 Pro4 - BIOS 2.60
AB350 Gaming K4 - BIOS 2.60
AB350M Pro4 - BIOS 2.50

-------------
Kind Regards,
JZ

https://shop.JZelectronic.de - Der Shop mit ausgesuchter ASRock Profi Hardware

https://www.facebook.com/asrock.de

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 8:57pm
Had this since yesterday. My non supported TForce Nighthawk load xmp to 3066 no issue. I tried 3200. Stable at 3200 cl16 2t. Good bios update for the ab350m pro4.

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 10:19pm
I have 2.34 on my Taichi and I have no issues with 3200 on my Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 kit. I can even do 3333 using just the frequency selection after enabling XMP.

I am running at 3500 right now with a BCLK of 105. My 1600x is at 4ghz. 

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

I have 2.34 on my Taichi and I have no issues with 3200 on my Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 kit. I can even do 3333 using just the frequency selection after enabling XMP.

I am running at 3500 right now with a BCLK of 105. My 1600x is at 4ghz. 

Thumbs Up

Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 10:49pm
" rel="nofollow - As of today, June 9, there are 10 ASRock AM4 boards with AGESA 1.0.0.6 UEFI updates available:

http://www.asrock.com/support/download.asp?cat=BIOS

-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Morphon
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 11:20pm
I am also having RAM issues. I didn't bother trying the OC the processor yet.

Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4

Memory is EVGA Super SSC DDR4-3200 (not on the QVL list, though I think they are relabeled G.Skill). On previous BIOS I can select XMP and then manually change from 3200 to 2933. Everything runs fine, no issues whatsoever. Rock solid stable.

On the new BIOS (2.5 with AGESA 1.0.0.6) memory will not run above 2133.

I had to downgrade BIOS back to 2.2, where everything works fine at 2933.

This worries me a bit since I will be locked out of any future microcode updates unless I downgrade my memory speed.

Posted By: jdhardware
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 11:20pm
Gaming 4 Fatality 

installed agesa 1006, after much fafing about still didnt get 3200mhz to work...
-loosening timings
-cas 1 cas2, geardown
-ohm adjustments
-voltages adjustments.
This is on G.Skill F4-3200 C14 8GTZR which is samsung b die.

However 3066 does work at the CL14 -14 -14 -34 1 T
needed 1.45v to boot consistantly ( also makes rbg ram lighting a tad brighter i think ) :D

and cinebench score went from  1730 to 1774 @ 4025Mhz.
2993 before 3066 after.

so it is an improvment. If it is detectable in cinebench which dosn't
benefit much from ram speed, then it is probably a bigger increase in gaming.

I also tried 3333 and 3466Mhz with no luck.

If anyone with this board can get 3200mhz worknig I would be really interested.

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 11:24pm
give ram  1.45 volts, that what did it for me.

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 1:13am
I got the 2.5 bios for the AB350M Pro 4 this morning, great work with that fellas, booted my XMP profile perfectly the first time. Boot times even have improved a little bit as well.

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 1:14am

np man ;)

with 1.35v O_O

Hey Den,

You know that BIOS 2.50 w/1.0.0.6 is available from the website, right?

Seeings 1.0.0.6 is out, let me know how much better that kit of yours runs and get back to me.

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 1:57am
I'm doing tests right now ;)

EDIT:

After 2 hours of aida64 the system looks stable ..

CPU: R7 1700 3.8ghz 1.28vcore

Ram Settings: xmp profile 15 (CAS bug is present, set to 16) -15-15 - 35 1.35 Vdram 1.1v_soc

Ram Gskill Ripjaws 3200mhz cl15

A tip for all users who have instability with cl15 manually set the CAS to 16 and try if it is stable ..

Initially the cas (with the XMP profile) was set correctly (15) but it was not stable ... because of the fake-boots .. after some attempts i put the cas to 16 manually and got the stability.

I hope this helps :)

EDIT2: With 3200 mhz there is a slight instability, firefox and other applications stop working >.> Now i'm testing 14-14-14-34 1.35v 3066mhz (looks stable)

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 10:35am
Well, I updated to 2.40. I've actually been able to push things even further. 3333 MHz at CL14 using four single rank DIMMS.

I've run the Gears4 benchmark at various different memory speeds, leaving everything else unchanged. All the results with 2 DIMMS were run with the 1.5 (AGESA 1.0.0.3 UEFI). The two 32 GB scores were run with the 2.4 (AGESA 1.0.0.6) UEFI. The large jump between 3200 two DIMMs and 3200 four is likely due to RAM latency improvements introduced in the later AGESA releases.

Posted By: Optik
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 11:03am
love ya asrock, first u shocked me with that bios and with 2.4 u maked me more happy than i was.
gskill flare x 3200 xmp load and running without any issuus and very fast postscreen/boot

-------------
Taichi X370
AMD R7 1700X
Arctic Liquid FreeZer 240
G.Skill Flare X 3200 cl 14@2933
PowerColer RX480
Phanteks EnTHoo Luxe
BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 11 550W

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Optik Optik wrote:

love ya asrock, first u shocked me with that bios and with 2.4 u maked me more happy than i was.
gskill flare x 3200 xmp load and running without any issuus and very fast postscreen/boot

ASRock and I would like to Thank everyone in this thread for their patience.

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 11:37am
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by ajlueke ajlueke wrote:

Well, I updated to 2.40. I've actually been able to push things even further. 3333 MHz at CL14 using four single rank DIMMS.

ajlueke, what Kit(s) you runnin' there? Looks good.

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 12:55pm
Managed to get 2666mhz on 3000C15 memory on x370 gaming k4
With disabled gear down and 1.4v DRAM voltage. Will experiment a little more later. Still hoping to hit 2933

Posted By: T3chHippie
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 1:49pm
Pretty awesome new update. X370 Killer SLI/ac running a 16Gb set of Trident z RGB (F4-3000C15D-16GTZR) 

So far I've gotten 2666 to work whereas 2400 was all I could get before. Running 1.36v 16-16-16-35 (XMP profile settings) SOC at 1.1v. Haven't changed any of the other settings.. (What does "Gear down mode" and "power down enable" even do?) Haven't tried playing with anything else to get 2933 to work yet.

I have my R5 1600 running at 3.7 @ 1.265v also, and saw a pretty good hike in my Cinebench scores.

Question though.. In my BIOS/UEFI (X370 Killer Sli/ac) I have no LLC settings for the CPU voltage. I am for a fact updated to BIOS 2.5, and just double checked my chipset drivers (if that even has anything to do with it). Other users have those settings, but I do not. 
Here's my proof
BIOS version-  http://imgur.com/R0A7mzX" rel="nofollow - http://imgur.com/R0A7mzX
CPU Configuration options-  http://imgur.com/R0A7mzX" rel="nofollow - http://imgur.com/R0A7mzX
Right where the LLC settings should be-  http://imgur.com/joSKHoB" rel="nofollow - http://imgur.com/joSKHoB   or further down  http://imgur.com/joSKHoB" rel="nofollow - http://imgur.com/joSKHoB

What gives? I thought it was just the last BIOS I had. 

-------------
If I say I know what I'm doing, will you believe me?

Posted By: Perseus
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 12:51am
Didn't have any luck with this update.  I have am350 pro 4 with ryzen 1600 and 3000mhz corsair vengeance cl15.  I hoped to get it to 2933 but it wouldn't post.  It would only post at 2133 with the 2.60 update.  They also took away the option to leave XMP settings on auto while being able to change the dram frequency.  Went back to update 2.50 which will run my ram at 2667 with auto XMP.  I guess the wait continues to get my ram to its rated speed.

Posted By: Techyrod
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 2:43am
Running 1700 with Atx ab350 installed 2.60 system won't boot properly or at all for that matter but I am able to get into Bios, ended up going back to 2.50. Maybe next Bios update will work properly

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 2:54am
Running Corsair CMD32GX4M4C3200C14.

Posted By: juanvr
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 2:01pm
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by T3chHippie T3chHippie wrote:

What does "Gear down mode" and "power down enable" even do?

Disable both of these if you have RAM compatibility issues.

"Gear down mode" seems to be related to Samsung chips only and allows T1 command rate to slow down to T2 in cases where it's needed. Just disable it and run your sticks at their recommended command rates.
"Power down enable" seems to be for low-power setups where it allows the DRAM to power down. Not required on a desktop.

I have a 16GB kit of Corsair Vengeance LPX (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16). The new UEFI on my Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 allowed my kit to boot at XMP (16/18/18/36) settings at 3200MHz. However, it's very unstable.

Forcing the command rate to T2, disabling Gear Down Mode and Power Down Enable made it slightly more stable, but DOOM crashes almost instantly.
Dropped the speed to 3066 on the exact same settings and it seems a little more stable.

Really hope for a more stable update next time. I really wish I can use my RAM properly and it seems SOOO close.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 1:19am

I'm doing tests right now ;)

Me too.

After literally weeks I've finally come to understand this F4-4133C19D-16GTZA 4133MHz Kit.

Today, 14-14-14-34 3300 1.250vDIMM and got some pop-up errors. No BSOD's just odd ball pop-ups. I have to go in and I hope simply raise the vDIMM as I had forgotten of lowering it while I was testing one of many these past few days. Last night and today I was dicking with keeping timings, MHz, and voltages as low as I could w/o BSODing.

I believe I know have a handle on those three, plus CAS. Shooting today for 3600+ 1.30-1.325 CAS 15 or 16

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 2:10am
" rel="nofollow - I've just updated to BIOS 2.60 with new AGESA on the AB350 Pro4.

Sadly my Corsair Vengeance LPX rated 3200 (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R) still can't get above 2133 at all.

I've even tried 2400 18-18-18-36 2T with gear down / power down disabled and it still won't boot.

I'm very disappointed. Anyone got any ideas of what to do/try?

Posted By: kingnubian
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 7:30am

" rel="nofollow - I've just updated to BIOS 2.60 with new AGESA on the AB350 Pro4.

Sadly my Corsair Vengeance LPX rated 3200 (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R) still can't get above 2133 at all.

I've even tried 2400 18-18-18-36 2T with gear down / power down disabled and it still won't boot.

Interesting. With the 2.50 bios I am able to run my LPX 2x8gb at 2933 100% stable. I did make sure to use 1.35v though.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 11:27am
Overclocking has improved DRASTICALLY, I am now pushing 3.9ghz at 1.3325v in the BIOS, on the previous BIOS I couldnt even get 3.9 stable with 1.425v. A massive improvement in stability and voltage scaling for whatever reason. Similar results posted all over the forums as well on ocn.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:52pm

Overclocking has improved DRASTICALLY, I am now pushing 3.9ghz at 1.3325v in the BIOS, on the previous BIOS I couldnt even get 3.9 stable with 1.425v. A massive improvement in stability and voltage scaling for whatever reason. Similar results posted all over the forums as well on ocn.

Great to hear. I'll give this bios a go this week o my AB350 Pro 4. Currently using bios 2.5. 

Posted By: sebor
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 1:07pm
As i see some RAMs which was working fine on 300-3200 now dont work, some what was not working are able to OC... Thats why would be nice from Asrock to Improve and Fill the very old QVL lists on his B350/X370 mainboards...
I think most people are interested on 3000+ RAM modules as on the modules with 4x8GB and 2(4)x16 GB modules on highs speed.
At the moment the Memory QVL was not updated since ages, which makes this mainboards not a verz good choice atm. Great mainbords with lack of information..... sadly

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 8:38pm
" rel="nofollow -

[URL=][/URL]I've just updated to BIOS 2.60 with new AGESA on the AB350 Pro4.

I have tried upping voltage to 1.4 and even 1.45 still won't boot at anything above 2133.

Anyone got any ideas/advice?

Posted By: Optik
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 9:10pm
Buy gskill flare x 3200 and u don't have any problems.

-------------
Taichi X370
AMD R7 1700X
Arctic Liquid FreeZer 240
G.Skill Flare X 3200 cl 14@2933
PowerColer RX480
Phanteks EnTHoo Luxe
BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 11 550W

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 9:55pm
Same things for me... (1700X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI, CMU16GX4M2C3200C16)

I was abble to use my RAM kit @ 2933Mhz 16-16-16-16-32.

And now i am not able to do this anymore... Obviously XMP profile always dont works...

It make a lot of time now, i try to use my memory with XMP profile... So long time..

I am desapointed... I often saw better results with Asus motherboards...

Posted By: CJG
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 11:18pm
Hello
I have a x370 Tachi, (Only Bios 2.30)
Windows 10 pro X64
1800X, 4ghz OC (Bios 2.30 only and 3.8 something volts stable at 100% load)
H100V2 cooler for cpu, no issues
4X8 3833 MHz Gskill TridentZ RGB, Runs at 3200 stable (Bios 2.30 only)
Evgs FTW3 GTX 1080 Ti, no issues
Intel 500g NVM M2, for OS - Drivers and what ever else that needs OS drive, no issues
Intel 180g SSD, for games,  no issues
Intel 180g SSD, for programs, no issues
WD R4 2Tb HD for my docs, my downloads, my pics, my videos, my music ect.

I have been testing bios 2.40 and have to say with my hardware I had to revert back to 2.30.
With 2.4 I couldn't get x1800 to boot with 4ghz OC and memory at any speed.
With 2.4 I couldn't get my memory to boot at any speed (But I did like how the timings could be set at xmp profil on main OC page and not have to dig into the bios to find timings)
I couldn't get it to boot with = setings at all so had to go back to bios 2.3 and everything just worked

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by CJG CJG wrote:

Hello
I have a x370 Tachi, (Only Bios 2.30)
Windows 10 pro X64
1800X, 4ghz OC (Bios 2.30 only and 3.8 something volts stable at 100% load)
H100V2 cooler for cpu, no issues
4X8 3833 MHz Gskill TridentZ RGB, Runs at 3200 stable (Bios 2.30 only)
Evgs FTW3 GTX 1080 Ti, no issues
Intel 500g NVM M2, for OS - Drivers and what ever else that needs OS drive, no issues
Intel 180g SSD, for games,  no issues
Intel 180g SSD, for programs, no issues
WD R4 2Tb HD for my docs, my downloads, my pics, my videos, my music ect.

I have been testing bios 2.40 and have to say with my hardware I had to revert back to 2.30.
With 2.4 I couldn't get x1800 to boot with 4ghz OC and memory at any speed.
With 2.4 I couldn't get my memory to boot at any speed (But I did like how the timings could be set at xmp profil on main OC page and not have to dig into the bios to find timings)
I couldn't get it to boot with = setings at all so had to go back to bios 2.3 and everything just worked

Don't worry. You are not the only one.
The taichi 2.40 (1.0.0.6) bios is a complete mess. Asrock probably rushed it out to be firsts, but they did a complete mess.
2.30 simply works. 2.40 has drafts of what they could do with new agesa. It's only a draft.

-------------
R5 1600 3.9 1.32v-Taichi-16gb LPX-1060-TT850w

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 12:22am
" rel="nofollow - Has anyone with the AB350 Pro 4 had issues with memory not working as before after the latest update?With 2.5 I have my 3200mhz LPX running at 2933 and would like to move up in speed not have to dial it back due to the update.

Posted By: Burstaholic
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 1:18am
" rel="nofollow - AB350 Gaming K4 with G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16D-16GVGB here, super-weird experience. Before update, I had it running at 2400, but couldn't boot any higher.

After BIOS update, booted fine at 3200, but wasn't stable. Games crashed (Overwatch, Rocket League) and AIDA64 memory stability test immediately threw an error.

Fine, started stepping speeds down. Cannot boot until I get allll the way down to 2133. WTF, I try going back up to 2400, it's fine. It's fine all the up to 3066, but 3200 is still unstable.

After a couple of loops I determine I can run at 3066, but only after resetting to 2133 after any problems. What problems you say? Well, if I reboot with 3066 set, it fails training 3x (I set it down to 3 to save time) and falls back to 2133. I can THEN reboot and set it back to 3066, but it will not boot twice in a row at that speed.

Note I had to set voltage to 1.4V to get anything above 2133 to be stable, unlike previous BIOS where the XMP-set 1.35V was fine.

This is extremely confusing. It's technically better than previous since I CAN run stable at 3066, but, wtf.

Posted By: rinkol
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 2:14am
I've tried the 2.60 bios for the AB350 K4. With GSkill Ripjaws 4 (F4-3000C15-GRBB) I seem to be running well at 2933 MHz. I hadn't tried pushing it past 2133 MHz earlier aside from seeing it fail with the default XMP bios setting, so it is hard to say how much improvement there is, but I am fairly happy right now.

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 12:36pm
" rel="nofollow -

The taichi 2.40 (1.0.0.6) bios is a complete mess. Asrock probably rushed it out to be firsts, but they did a complete mess.

Really?

ASRock is wholly dependent on AMD for AGESA releases.

At least, IMHO, they did release one with 1.0.0.6.

Post like this proves you can please some of the people some of the time, but by no means all the people all the time.

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 3:51pm
Similar experience with myself.
3200 unstable even relaxing the timings on the g-skill trident 3200 rbg ram, basically
the same ram as yours with xmas tree decorations.

3066 stable, 30 runs of cinebench and hours of gaming on Mass effect

1.4v needed

1.17v soc

https://valid.x86.fr/8dhixw" rel="nofollow - https://valid.x86.fr/8dhixw  for all stats

Frequency
1529.7 MHz - Ratio 3:46
Timings
14-14-14-34-48-1 (tCAS-tRC-tRP-tRAS-tCS-tCR)
Slot #1 Module
G.Skill 8192 MB (DDR4-2137) - XMP 2.0 - P/N: F4-3200C14-8GTZR

Posted By: Dogmifier
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 7:03pm

" rel="nofollow -

Really?

Post like this proves you can please some of the people some of the time, but by no means all the people all the time.

Well, it's always the manufacturer of the motherboard and not the manufacturer of the Chipsets/CPU that's at fault.....

Come now wardog ;)

Anyway...I can still hit 2933 on my Gaming K4, so no worse than before, but no better...I am not reverting..I see no point, since I still get what I got before.

Then again, if you look at the specs on this motherboard, it clearly states that 2933MHz is the max memory will do  ...so if I ever get my 3200MHz to do 3200MHz, I'll consider myself lucky!

-------------
X99X Fata1ity
16GB Crucial
1200W Corsair
evga GTX 1080
Samsung 950 Pro

Posted By: Kirurgs
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Dogmifier Dogmifier wrote:

Then again, if you look at the specs on this motherboard, it clearly states that 2933MHz is the max memory will do  ...so if I ever get my 3200MHz to do 3200MHz, I'll consider myself lucky!

This, "DDR4 2933+ (OC)" or "DDR4 3200+ (OC)" - the plus sign... It seems to me that it' considered as "or more", but max supported OC speed is the one stated. Otherwise why put a "plus" sign at the end, right...
Ok, we are still not there, getting closer, but by this I mean that number should not be a hard limit for everyone :) There are reports of Taichi owners which got their memory to 3400 or more while on spec sheet it clearly states - 3200 +, so...
I hope I'm not wrong and will get my 3200 up to rated speed some day :) Currently 2800 seem to work for me since 1.0.0.6 (Gaming K4).

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 9:58pm
Like many others, 1.0.0.6 didn't change a thing for my X370 Gaming K4.  Still at 3.8 GHz on the CPU, and 2,933 MHz on my Corsair 3,600 MHz RAM.  I had at least hoped for an improvement in RAM speed, but at least I didn't lose anything.

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 10:01pm

" rel="nofollow -

Really?

I agree with you in the last part.
They did release one with 1.0.0.6 and that's a good thing. 
And yes, for some people with Samsung B-Die and even D-Die works even better than 1.0.0.4 !

But Asrock can't really worsen what was running good on 2.30 1.0.0.4 instead it seems so in my Hynix system and in many others (look over forum threads on the net)

IMHO it could have been better to call this 2.40 for what it is, a beta.

And release a final "STABLE" version only when this was sorted out and properly tested.
IMHO it just lacked a deep base of testing, and it was like this also on the pre-2.30 bios wich was clearly not tested because settings just reverted itself oddly at every change trying to OC.

AMD Ryzen has its "youth" problems. But ASrock has its own too

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 12:03am
AGESA 1.0.0.6 is an all or nothing addition. ASRock is not writing the code for it so they can't just snip the best of 1.0.0.4 and hybridize the 2 to create the perfect UEFI. What 1.0.0.6 fixes for some it breaks for others. If we could just take the best bits of the bunch (AGESA versions) then maybe we would have a stable UEFI for everyone by now but we have to wait for AMD to gather the data and release the next iteration. 

ASRock is working hard to fix these issues but they can only do so much, most of the issues stem from the AGESA code itself. If this were not the case we would not be seeing such massive changes from one version to the next. 

I guess we all just have to be patient and stick with whatever UEFI version works best for us.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 6:26am
You're right. 

Let's hope in a fast fix from AMD

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 3:15pm

Well, it's always the manufacturer of the motherboard and not the manufacturer of the Chipsets/CPU that's at fault.....

Come now wardog ;)

Tongue

I call out ASRock to the mat when they've pulled a boner. They haven't taken away my Moderator status. Yet! Na. I have, and been belligerent while doing so too. There's not not much Gray Area that I let slide silently.

Most of these are mere growing pains with Ryzen. AMD has made us Guinea Pigs in their rush to quash Intel. It's that some of us have more patience than others and I'm ok with that. Yea, it's hard to sit here and read some posts some days. Most, most not all, of these User/BIOS/Memory issues need fixes from the top, that being AMD.

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 5:35pm

Come now wardog ;)

Tongue

I call out ASRock to the mat when they've pulled a boner. They haven't taken away my Moderator status. Yet! Na. I have, and been belligerent while doing so too. There's not not much Gray Area that I let slide silently.

Most of these are mere growing pains with Ryzen. AMD has made us Guinea Pigs in their rush to quash Intel. It's that some of us have more patience than others and I'm ok with that. Yea, it's hard to sit here and read some posts some days. Most, most not all, of these User/BIOS/Memory issues need fixes from the top, that being AMD.

Some news with the oc of ram?

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 6:57pm
" rel="nofollow -

Some news with the oc of ram?

CMK16GX4M2B3600C18 on my SLI/ac with the released/downloadable BIOS 2.50(1.0.0.6)

Running 3600 @ 1.35vDIMM, 18-19-19-39 !

A couple BIOS "tweaks' .

How you doing there? Whad'ya say to starting a separate SLI/AC Thread?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net