Forum Description: Question about ASRock AMD motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5304
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 1:39am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Problem with usb ports
Posted By: Davide90
Subject: Problem with usb ports
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 9:52pm
" rel="nofollow - Hi, I have an annoying issue with my new fatal1ty x370 gaming k4 and usb keyboard (thermaltake meka g1). Every time I turn on pc the system not recognize the keyboard. I must unplug and plug the cable to be able to use it. Bios is updated (2.40), drivers are updated, i try to change ports and with a clean installation of w10 but nothing... what can i do ? Furthermore the bios not show the usb configuration like manual say. Someome have my same problem ? Maybe there are a specific driver for usb 3.0 that I can install ?

Replies:
Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Davide90 Davide90 wrote:

" rel="nofollow - Hi, I have an annoying issue with my new fatal1ty x370 gaming k4 and usb keyboard (thermaltake meka g1). Every time I turn on pc the system not recognize the keyboard. I must unplug and plug the cable to be able to use it. Bios is updated (2.40), drivers are updated, i try to change ports and with a clean installation of w10 but nothing... what can i do ? Furthermore the bios not show the usb configuration like manual say. Someome have my same problem ? Maybe there are a specific driver for usb 3.0 that I can install ?

After installing Windows 10, did you run the AMD All in One driver installation package, the AMD all in 1 driver ver:16.50.2601 from your board's download page:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20X370%20Gaming%20K4/index.asp#osW1064" rel="nofollow - http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20X370%20Gaming%20K4/index.asp#osW1064

Actually, Windows 10 will only install its built in Microsoft USB 3.0 driver for ALL of the USB ports. AMD and Intel do not provide a USB 3.0 driver for Windows 10.

Does another keyboard besides your Thermaltake keyboard not work unless you connect and disconnect it?

Do you have the Thermaltake keyboard connected to the Fatal1ty mouse port on your board? Or do you have the keyboard connected to one of the USB 3.1 ports? You said you tried different USB 3.0 port, right?

I have a different ASRock X370 board, but I do not have a problem with the keyboard not working when I start the PC, and I have used two or three different keyboards.

Does your Thermaltake keyboard have its own driver? If it does, are you using the Windows 10 version of its driver?

-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Davide90
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 4:30am
yes, amd all in 1 is installed, the keyboard is connect to a rear usb 3.0 (i tried also with a usb 2.0 of the front panel), Unfortunately thermaltake not provide a specific driver for it. The strange thing is that all other peripherals like mouse, printer work perfectly at startup, only the keyboard not appear in device manager. I would manage usb from bios but there isn't an option about that. If there isn't a patch for now I can wait, hope in the next update... ryzen is young platform it will grow up . Thanks anyway.

Posted By: gaso
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 7:17pm
I've also been having strange USB problems with this board. Everything worked fine at first, but now I seem to have lost the front USB ports entirely - they're not working, even though they're connected to the motherboard correctly. When copying files from an external HDD, the back ports also lose the disks every now and then.

Running X370 Gaming K4 with 2.4 BIOS and a fresh install of Windows 10. I've got 64 gigs of Corsair Vengeance (3000 MHz CL15) running at 2666 MHz, which might have something to do with these issues... Other components: Ryzen 7 1800X, Corsair RM750x, GTX 1070.

Posted By: Evonikx
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 1:04pm
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by gaso gaso wrote:

I've also been having strange USB problems with this board. Everything worked fine at first, but now I seem to have lost the front USB ports entirely - they're not working, even though they're connected to the motherboard correctly. When copying files from an external HDD, the back ports also lose the disks every now and then.

Running X370 Gaming K4 with 2.4 BIOS and a fresh install of Windows 10. I've got 64 gigs of Corsair Vengeance (3000 MHz CL15) running at 2666 MHz, which might have something to do with these issues... Other components: Ryzen 7 1800X, Corsair RM750x, GTX 1070.

Sorry for dragging up old thread, but this is the exact same issue I am having. Front USB just stopped working, and now back USB drop out frequently. Board is Fatality X370 gaming X with ryzen 2600, 16gb 3000mhz RAM and GTX 1060. Also having random occurrences of 'Windows 10 has experienced and issue' and PC resets. Had none of these issues with old MB, RAM and CPU. Board is not even a month old, RMA?

Posted By: chubalz
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 6:28pm
I have USB port issues also on Fatality X370 gaming X it keeps disconnecting but i dont know if my Logitech G102 Mouse and my External Hard Disk is the prob or my motherboard.

Anyway i change my mouse to wirelss now and update to 4.90 BIOS problem solve. I noticed also after updating to 4.90 the windows install all my connected USB port device. Maybe you could try update to latest Bios.

-------------
Ryzen 5 1600 3.80ghz @1.3375v
Asrock X370 Gaming X 5.20 Bios
CM MA610P
Aorus Xtreme Gtx1080ti
Gskill Trident Z RGB F4-300016D-16GTZR @2800mhz
SamsungEvo 250
2Tb Firecuda
1Tb WDBlack
Corsair RM650X

Posted By: davifceq
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 1:05am
I have a X370 Taichi and the same problems related. Front Usb dolnly works with my Printer (its workings as usb1.0 i suppose) and the two USBs 3.0 (both close to the lanport) doesnt work either

Posted By: brsobral
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 10:54pm
I have problems with USB detection on my ASROCK B450M Steel Legends sometimes too.
I cant to use the software Redragon Mitra Keyboard... "compatible device is not detected".
I cant to use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller too...

I dont know what to do anymore. I am disappointed with this motherboard.

Posted By: ir11
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 5:38am
Similar problems on Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 - very frustrating...

Posted By: viettuan
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Davide90 Davide90 wrote:

[URL=][/URL]Hi, I have an annoying issue with my new fatal1ty x370 gaming k4 and usb keyboard (thermaltake meka g1). Every time I turn on pc the system not recognize the keyboard. I must unplug and plug the cable to be able to use it. Bios is updated (2.40), drivers are updated, i try to change ports and with a clean installation of w10 but nothing... what can i do ? Furthermore the bios not show the usb configuration like manual say. Someome have my same problem ? Maybe there are a specific driver for usb 3.0 that I can install ?

I have the same issue with Asrock B250 gaming K4 + ikbc cd108 keyboard

Any updates on this?

If this problem is not solved, I will probably have to sell the motherboard and change to another brand.

Need ASrock Support to confirm this problem.

Posted By: HigherVibes Gaming
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 5:15pm
Having a USB issue when I have a elgato, mic, cam mouse and keyboard plugged in at the same time with the Fatal1ty x370 x gaming disconnecting my ethernet adapter and my keyboard. Network adapter disappears from device manager. I have tested repeatedly all new bios and chipsets installed. If I unplug the elgato I have no loss if elgato is un plugged or if I have elgato plugged in and mic and cam unplugged. This is not a option as I am a Streamer and need all my devices. This has been happening since the pc was built in 2020 but has only gotten worse. Is there a fix for this or do I need a new motherboard?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net