Print Page | Close Window

Windows 10 driver support for Z77 MB?

Printed From: ASRock.com
Category: Technical Support
Forum Name: Intel Motherboards
Forum Description: Question about ASRock Intel Motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=549
Printed Date: 31 May 2024 at 2:26am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: Windows 10 driver support for Z77 MB?
Posted By: Asrockuser
Subject: Windows 10 driver support for Z77 MB?
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 4:03pm
I just bought my Z77 Extreme 4 last Dec 2014 and have no drivers for Windows 10 on Asrock's website, can you guys put some up there?  

I just bought my cpu Jan 2013 so it'd be nice to see that otherwise I and a lot of other Z77 users will have to fall back to an older OS like Windows 8.1 or win 7 just to use Raid 0 and have the speed increase from Intel RST.  I also noticed the video being very warpy with the Intel Chipset drivers provided by your website in Windows 10.  There's two versions, one seems to have a lot less mouse input lag as well. 

The default chipset drivers provided by Windows 10 were 9.3.0.1011 and were better than 9.3.0.19.

Compatability is a problem, since I installed Windows 10, my sound makes short screeching noises when I load games.  


-------------
Asrock Z590 Extreme
I9-11900k
G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4266mhz 1.45v
EVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra Hybrid
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & 870
Asus XG248Q 240hz
Seasonic 850W Platinum PSU



Replies:
Posted By: SerpentX
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 9:50pm
I would have to agree on this situation, just upgraded to Windows 10 and AXTU won't load. However I have noticed the program is still running only because my auto fan control presets still work. Please check this out when you guys can. System has ran flawless and still is besides a few Win 10 problems.
Question if I download the Z99 Extreme Utility will that work? 

Z77 Extreme4, w/ Intel I5 2500k OC 4.2ghz
Corsair 750 watt 
16GB Kingston Hyper X Genesis 1600mhz exact same
Western Digital 4 TB
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB
MSI 760 GTX 2Gb
Logitech Keyboard and Mouse


Posted By: SerpentX
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 9:56pm
Running in Compatability Mode didn't resolve issue nor did reinstalling, just fyi.


Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 1:49am
Originally posted by Asrockuser Asrockuser wrote:

I just bought my Z77 Extreme 4 last Dec 2014 and have no drivers for Windows 10 on Asrock's website, can you guys put some up there?  

I just bought my cpu Jan 2013 so it'd be nice to see that otherwise I and a lot of other Z77 users will have to fall back to an older OS like Windows 8.1 or win 7 just to use Raid 0 and have the speed increase from Intel RST.  I also noticed the video being very warpy with the Intel Chipset drivers provided by your website in Windows 10.  There's two versions, one seems to have a lot less mouse input lag as well. 

The default chipset drivers provided by Windows 10 were 9.3.0.1011 and were better than 9.3.0.19.

Compatability is a problem, since I installed Windows 10, my sound makes short screeching noises when I load games.  


Every version of Windows since Windows 7 includes a basic Intel IRST RAID "F6" driver, that will be automatically installed if the SATA mode in the UEFI/BIOS is set to RAID.

Windows 10 is no different, the RAID 0 arrays I created in Win 8.1 work fine in Win 10 even if I don't install an Intel RAID F6 driver during the installation. That of course is another option, installing an F6 driver for RAID by selecting a Custom installation. Either way, there should be no problem using RAID 0 arrays created in Win 7/8.1 with Win 10.

Did you try using a 10.x chipset installer? You can get that from Intel or from the download page of any ASRock Z97 or Z87 board. The "chipset drivers" are really nothing more than INF files that are installed. If you are referring to integrated Intel graphics, there are new Win 10 Intel graphics drivers available:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25027/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Beta-Driver-for-Windows-10" rel="nofollow - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25027/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Beta-Driver-for-Windows-10

No idea what you are using as an audio source in your PC, but if it is the Intel audio from the chipset, that driver is part of the integrated Intel graphics installation program above.


-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Asrockuser
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 5:50am
Intel chipsets are dependant on intel rst drivers from test that you can look up online and from what I've encountered, my sequential read and write speeds significantly go up and I notice less mouse input lag.  
I'm not sure if that speed is increased with f6 drivers. but it doesn't matter at the end of the day, most users don't have raid 0.

Yes I tried 10.0.27 and it is very bad just like the 9.3.0.019, feels like I have 5 fps in games.  And I use a discrete graphics card, GTX 970.  

Everything was working fine before I upgraded to Windows 10...  My Realtek audio drivers were automatically installed by the OS and it works fine other than that annoying noise, good drivers would certainly fix it and I am just going back to Windows 8.1 until there's proper driver support or when I build my next pc. 


-------------
Asrock Z590 Extreme
I9-11900k
G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4266mhz 1.45v
EVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra Hybrid
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & 870
Asus XG248Q 240hz
Seasonic 850W Platinum PSU


Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Asrockuser Asrockuser wrote:

Intel chipsets are dependant on intel rst drivers from test that you can look up online and from what I've encountered, my sequential read and write speeds significantly go up and I notice less mouse input lag.  
I'm not sure if that speed is increased with f6 drivers. but it doesn't matter at the end of the day, most users don't have raid 0.

Yes I tried 10.0.27 and it is very bad just like the 9.3.0.019, feels like I have 5 fps in games.  And I use a discrete graphics card, GTX 970.  

Everything was working fine before I upgraded to Windows 10...  My Realtek audio drivers were automatically installed by the OS and it works fine other than that annoying noise, good drivers would certainly fix it and I am just going back to Windows 8.1 until there's proper driver support or when I build my next pc. 

Besides the Intel chipsets needing an IRST driver to provide RAID, which is a given, I don't get your point.

Win 10 has the "inbox" IRST driver iastorav.sys (iastorAV) and even the older Matrix Storage Manager driver, iastorv.sys (iastorV). The iastorav.sys driver in Win 10 is from IRST version 13.2.0.1022.

How the Intel Chipset "drivers" are affecting an Nvidia graphics chip video card is interesting.


-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: darkstar
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 1:37pm
Hey I have a evga 970 also and I'm not having that issue. Not sure why the intel drivers would effect the audio drivers have you tried these? Realtek 2.79  http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false" rel="nofollow - http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

-------------
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
i7-3770K @ 4.0 ghz
8 gb ram
GTX 970


Posted By: darkstar
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 1:42pm
My AXTU is working fine with Windows 10.

-------------
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
i7-3770K @ 4.0 ghz
8 gb ram
GTX 970


Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by darkstar darkstar wrote:

My AXTU is working fine with Windows 10.


Interesting, thanks for the information.

I need to ask you for some more information, which may help determine what is causing the problem for the others in this thread.

What version of AXTU are you using? UEFI/BIOS version? Processor you use in this board?

Are you using Win 10 with its drivers, or did you install some on your own? How about via Windows Update?


-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by SerpentX SerpentX wrote:

I would have to agree on this situation, just upgraded to Windows 10 and AXTU won't load. However I have noticed the program is still running only because my auto fan control presets still work. Please check this out when you guys can. System has ran flawless and still is besides a few Win 10 problems.
Question if I download the Z99 Extreme Utility will that work? 

Z77 Extreme4, w/ Intel I5 2500k OC 4.2ghz
Corsair 750 watt 
16GB Kingston Hyper X Genesis 1600mhz exact same
Western Digital 4 TB
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB
MSI 760 GTX 2Gb
Logitech Keyboard and Mouse


Are you sure AXTU is running? The fan speed control in AXTU is identical to that provided in the UEFI/BIOS, so the settings in the UEFI may be what you are getting.

If AXTU is running, you should see it as a process in Task Manager, or as a Service.

No such board as a Z99 Extreme. Did you mean the Z97 Extreme4?

That board uses A-Tuning which will not work with your board at all. You must use AXTU.


-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: darkstar
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by darkstar darkstar wrote:

My AXTU is working fine with Windows 10.

Interesting, thanks for the information.

I need to ask you for some more information, which may help determine what is causing the problem for the others in this thread.

What version of AXTU are you using? UEFI/BIOS version? Processor you use in this board?

Are you using Win 10 with its drivers, or did you install some on your own? How about via Windows Update?

No problem, using AXTU version 0.1.257, UEFI 2.90, and I have an i7-3770k processor.

I'm using Windows 10's drivers cept for my geforce July 29th video card drivers and the realtek audio drivers version R2.79. No specific windows updates.


-------------
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
i7-3770K @ 4.0 ghz
8 gb ram
GTX 970


Posted By: Asrockuser
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 5:28pm

[/QUOTE]
Besides the Intel chipsets needing an IRST driver to provide RAID, which is a given, I don't get your point.

Win 10 has the "inbox" IRST driver iastorav.sys (iastorAV) and even the older Matrix Storage Manager driver, iastorv.sys (iastorV). The iastorav.sys driver in Win 10 is from IRST version 13.2.0.1022.

How the Intel Chipset "drivers" are affecting an Nvidia graphics chip video card is interesting.
[/QUOTE]


That is even more interesting, how did you find out what version of IRST is in Windows? 
When I upgraded to Windows 10, I had to upgrade the Nvidia driver to the latest 353.62 drivers and it made my gaming experience a lot smoother.  That was the only driver I updated other than Logitech Gaming Software drivers.   I used 353.06 in Windows 7.  

The default inf driver Windows 10 came with were good enough, I felt they could have been a little better so I installed the Windows 7 inf drivers that came with my motherboard, that's when I noticed the lag, and tried others as well.  I did a few random test on my hdd that showed less speed compared to my windows 7 machine, I will have to test my ssd next and I'll let you know what I find. 


-------------
Asrock Z590 Extreme
I9-11900k
G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4266mhz 1.45v
EVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra Hybrid
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & 870
Asus XG248Q 240hz
Seasonic 850W Platinum PSU


Posted By: darkstar
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 4:21am
My AXTU stopped working mysteriously today with the error 0xFFFE "This utility is not for this platform" and "Cannot change visible in OnShow or OnHide"

-------------
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
i7-3770K @ 4.0 ghz
8 gb ram
GTX 970


Posted By: Asrockuser
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 5:47am
Okay after a reformat and without Samsung magician my sequential read speed for my Samsung 840 pro is 520 MB/s which is around 35 MB/s less than what I ususally get and the same for my hdd, 40Mb/s less compared to when Intel RST is installed, I don't see the service running so maybe it works for raid 0 but not without it.

There is no process running either and everything has been loading slower than when IRST is installed.

I've read a lot of people have problems with Samsung magician software not working correctly was well which I will look into later.


-------------
Asrock Z590 Extreme
I9-11900k
G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4266mhz 1.45v
EVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra Hybrid
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & 870
Asus XG248Q 240hz
Seasonic 850W Platinum PSU


Posted By: Asrockuser
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 10:04am
After I installed Samsung magician my Samsung 840 Pro sequential read and write speeds are back to normal, 555MB/s read and 470MB/s write.  My only problem with Samsung Magician is Rapid Mode is disabled in Windows 10.  But that's not really a big problem.

As far as some testing done on the hard drive, I'm noticing the sequential read and write test are unstable vs eachother; however all above the manufactures stated read/write speeds.  That includes with IRST installed and uninstalled.  I do notice less mouse input lag with my old version of IRST in Windows 7 when gaming.   

Nvidia did remove Display Scaling from their drivers which may be one of the culprits of mouse input lag.  I much preferered it and it was default, whenever enabling GPU scaling, the lag came. 

As far as the Realtek drivers go, I see Windows 10 has a driver made in june this year so that could be part of the screeching noise problem I hear when I load games.  That's not really a suprise either.  I did try installing version 7004 and I had the same problem but I'll give 6559 a shot next.


As of my last reformat, I'm not installing other inf drivers because that is where I had a lot of lag.
WIndows 10 default will have to do for now. 

And I haven't tested AXTU, I don't use it but I'll give it a shot and see what happends.




-------------
Asrock Z590 Extreme
I9-11900k
G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4266mhz 1.45v
EVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra Hybrid
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & 870
Asus XG248Q 240hz
Seasonic 850W Platinum PSU


Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 3:02pm
All SSD speeds change with use, as we use them more they don't perform as well as they do in the "FOB" state, Fresh Out of Box.

Unless you secure erase a SSD, it is not in its 100% unused state. A format does not do that.

A small loss of sequential speed is nothing to worry about. Plus if you first tested your SSD as an empty, non-OS drive, and then test it again while acting as an OS drive that is doing things for the OS while it is being benchmarked, the comparison is not the same.

The Intel IRST driver is both a RAID and AHCI driver. You can install it with the SATA mode set to AHCI just fine. Single drives used in RAID mode are treated as if the SATA mode is AHCI. The driver being used is the same.

If you open Device Manager, and then open Storage Controllers, you'll see the entry for the IRST RAID device:



New versions of IRST are not continuous improvements in performance, but new features and bug fixes. The fastest version of IRST is considered to be version 11.2. If you check the datasheet for the Samsung 840 Pro, the fine print states Samsung used IRST 11.2 in AHCI mode for the performance specs in that document.

If you have the Samsung Magician software installed, run it and at the very bottom click on the System Info button. Expand the System Summary entry on the left, and then expand the IDE and SCSI Controller entries. You may or may not have both.

The Magician software has never recognized RAID mode correctly, it tells you that you are not in AHCI mode, right? That is false, RAID mode has all the features of AHCI.

Regarding the chipset installers and your mouse, whatever works best for you is the best.



-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Asrockuser
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 4:49pm
That all makes sense and thank you for that input, it's very helpful Parsec.

I installed the Realtek 6559 version that was for Win 7 but it works better than the 7004 and the default Win 10 version for sound but I still hear a little noise when I load games, it's easily overlookable.


And so far AXTU hasn't crashed, it seems to be running fine in the background but I don't use it.





-------------
Asrock Z590 Extreme
I9-11900k
G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4266mhz 1.45v
EVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra Hybrid
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & 870
Asus XG248Q 240hz
Seasonic 850W Platinum PSU


Posted By: Asrockuser
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 8:53am
Asrock AXTU has been running on my system a few days, my only problem with it is the CPU RPM drops to 0 in spurts then back to 2000 RPM, after I uninstalled it, it seems to work normally at 2000 RPM with no drops.  I'm using HDINFOx64.

Maybe the HDINFOx64 is not compatible with AXTU or something? I am not sure but I bet it has something to do with it and the sensors.


-------------
Asrock Z590 Extreme
I9-11900k
G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4266mhz 1.45v
EVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra Hybrid
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & 870
Asus XG248Q 240hz
Seasonic 850W Platinum PSU



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net