Print Page | Close Window

X370 Taichi - bluetooth dead but WIFI works???

Printed From: ASRock.com
Category: Technical Support
Forum Name: AMD Motherboards
Forum Description: Question about ASRock AMD motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5491
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 4:09am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: X370 Taichi - bluetooth dead but WIFI works???
Posted By: bandario
Subject: X370 Taichi - bluetooth dead but WIFI works???
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 12:33pm
" rel="nofollow - I wish I knew what was going on here. Asrock support has been zero help.

As I understand it, the bluetooth module and the WIFI module are on the same chip.

I fail to understand then, how my wifi could be working 100%, yet no bluetooth device can be detected by windows.

Instead, I have 'Unknown USB Device (device descriptor request failed).

Can anyone help? The bluetooth functionality is the only reason I bought this particular board.

Just to confirm: bluetooth was previously working 100%. Just, gone.

I have reinstalled windows, tried the BT driver from official Asrock site, updated intel bluetooth 19.4 from intel, tried returning to a pre-creators update version of windows. No dice.

Refuses to be detected.

I really do not have time to RMA the whole board - I need this computer working. Funny thing is, I had similar problems with the last Asrock board I bought. 

Replies:
Posted By: User420
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 5:54pm
I'm having exactly the same issue!

Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by bandario bandario wrote:

" rel="nofollow - I wish I knew what was going on here. Asrock support has been zero help.

As I understand it, the bluetooth module and the WIFI module are on the same chip.

I fail to understand then, how my wifi could be working 100%, yet no bluetooth device can be detected by windows.

Instead, I have 'Unknown USB Device (device descriptor request failed).

Can anyone help? The bluetooth functionality is the only reason I bought this particular board.

Just to confirm: bluetooth was previously working 100%. Just, gone.

I have reinstalled windows, tried the BT driver from official Asrock site, updated intel bluetooth 19.4 from intel, tried returning to a pre-creators update version of windows. No dice.

Refuses to be detected.

I really do not have time to RMA the whole board - I need this computer working. Funny thing is, I had similar problems with the last Asrock board I bought. 

The WiFi and Bluetooth are both on the Intel wireless adapter.

So you don't have an entry in Device Manager for the Bluetooth adapter?

You said Bluetooth was working, but at some point it just stopped?

You have both the Intel WiFi and Bluetooth drivers installed? WiFi antenna's installed?

My ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac has an Intel WiFi/Bluetooth adapter, which has been working fine. I rarely use the Bluetooth but I'll try it tonight.

-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: SoutherNortherner
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 2:41am
I'm having the same problem.

I'm getting "(code 10) status_device_power_failure" in the device manager.

As with the others, I've tried rebooting, several uninstalls, installs of drivers from ASRock's site, still nothing.

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 6:36am
That is correct. The bluetooth entry in device manager disappeared all of a sudden.

I had the ASROCk supplied drivers for both installed.

I tried a clean install of windows 10 as I figured perhaps windows update had grabbed some updated drivers that didn't work but no dice. The bluetooth portion of the radio has just stopped working.

I have aerials installed for both.

Posted By: routm
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 4:27pm
Found solution! Just unplug your PC from electricity, wait 1 minute, plug and start. Its a magic, but works LOL.

I found this issue when updated to windows 10 creators update, and many others users have this issue with AC 3168 on a board. 

Taichi with the last BIOS - 2.4. 

Posted By: wardog
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 5:23pm
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by routm routm wrote:

Found solution! Just unplug your PC from electricity, wait 1 minute, plug and start. Its a magic, but works LOL.

I found this issue when updated to windows 10 creators update, and many others users have this issue with AC 3168 on a board.

Odd. Are your wall outlets grounded? Maybe an overloaded power strip there?

I have the AC3168 on my SLI/ac and it didn't do that on my update to 10 Creators.

Strange.

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 6:27pm
At one point, early on of the release of Windows 10 Creators update, Microsoft suggested not installing it as a new, fresh installation.

Of course, things change with updates from MS, so who knows what the current status is with the latest version.

-------------

Posted By: routm
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by routm routm wrote:

Odd. Are your wall outlets grounded? Maybe an overloaded power strip there?

I have the AC3168 on my SLI/ac and it didn't do that on my update to 10 Creators.

Strange.

Grounded, also i have UPS and premium class PC power supply. I check logs all that time and no one problem with electricity.  

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:55pm
This problem has nothing to do with windows 10 creators update. I rolled back to an older version and stopped updates.

My bluetooth device is now bouncing between being detected properly (but not working right), and being detected as an unknown USB device with (device identifier failed) in device manager.

It is also sometimes causing the PC to completely shut down when it cycles between detected and undetected sometimes and will not reboot until AC power has been removed for some time.

I will have to RMA the whole board apparently which in short means I will be buying another board from a company who cares a little more with their QC.

Posted By: wardog
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by bandario bandario wrote:

I will have to RMA the whole board apparently which in short means I will be buying another board from a company who cares a little more with their QC.

A little terse concerning QC I'll say, yet I kinda understand.

sh*t happens. Things new don't work. Probably not the first and certainly not the last I'd venture to say.

Posted By: mztech
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 3:01pm
Hi.

I had the same problem.
However, I solved it by clearing CMOS.

Posted By: bobk
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 6:56am
I have a X370 Taichi with Windows 10 pro and wanted to add my experience to this subject.  I was having problems with USB connecting and disconnecting, some crashes and other weird behavior.  I noticed Device Manager was refreshing every 2 seconds, and Bluetooth was not working.  If I deactivated Bluetooth through Device Manager the problems stopped, but when I turned WiFi on it would work but the strange continual refresh of Device Manager began again.  I tried updating, removing, and rolling back Bluetooth drivers but none of that helped.  I flashed the BIOS 3 times and each time loaded defaults, but none of that worked either.  I was about to get an RMA from ASRock and send the board back for replacement, but after seeing a post that clear CMOS helped one user  I decided as a last resort to clear the CMOS.  I was surprised to find that this solved the problem.  USB, Bluetooth, and WiFi all work normally now.  It would seem that the Intel Bluetooth chip, which also likely contains WiFi, somehow got glitched, and clear CMOS fixed it.  I don't know how this all was connected to USB, but it was.  Just thought I would share.

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 9:44am
So clearing the CMOS seems to be a verified fix for the Bluetooth problems with the Intel WiFi and Bluetooth adapter. I guess since I clear the CMOS fairly regularly whenever I work with the hardware in my PCs, I didn't have any problem with Bluetooth. Installing a new UEFI/BIOS version in a board includes a clearing of the CMOS, so that should also fix a problem. That it apparently doesn't is an example of how complex any networking issue can be. We haven't seen every owner of the multiple ASRock boards that use these Intel adapters complaining about them.

The Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 adapter includes Bluetooth support. You'll get two entries in Device Manager with this adapter, one for the standard WiFi, the other for Bluetooth. The adapter uses an M.2 interface, so this adapter is not permanently connected to the board. ASRock markets models of the boards that use this adapter, without it. So it is easily inserted, removed, or replaced by the user.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-3168-brief.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-3168-brief.html

Intel constantly provides driver updates for their networking products. Windows 10 has been a problem for Intel network products since its release. For example, the Intel wired networking adapters/chips teaming feature was broken in Windows 10 upon its release, which has worked fine in every earlier Windows versions. Just recently teaming was fixed with Windows 10, over a year later.

The latest Intel WiFi adapter Bluetooth driver, as of the date of this post, is here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26944/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10-?product=83418

When Device Manager refreshes, that is due to a change in the status of a device. Device status is constantly monitored, so any changes will be shown in the device's entry, via a refresh of the Device Manager listing. That's just the standard behavior of Device Manager, that we do not see very often. Yes, the quickly changing status of a device is unusual, but not impossible, and Device Manager is programmed to deal with that.

Networking device problems are not simple, and could be caused by many different things. It is very difficult to diagnose these problems without having direct access to the PC.

-------------

Posted By: cgh1
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 8:01am
I had this exact same issue with USB & BT, along with the digital artifacts over the optical/TOSLink connection and found this post.  CMOS reset appears in the short-term to have resolved, save for the noise in the audio.

THANK YOU, @bobk!!   
Thank you , THANK You, Thank YOU!!!

-------------
Cheers,
C

ASRock x370 Taichi, Ryzen 1700X, 64G of G.Skills Fortis 2400, EVGA 850GR P/S & 1080Ti SC Black wrapped in a Nanoxia DS1 and served as a Media Editing Rig

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 8:03am
Thanks @parsec for the link to the latest driver - going there next!

-------------
Cheers,
C

ASRock x370 Taichi, Ryzen 1700X, 64G of G.Skills Fortis 2400, EVGA 850GR P/S & 1080Ti SC Black wrapped in a Nanoxia DS1 and served as a Media Editing Rig

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:24pm
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by cgh1 cgh1 wrote:

I had this exact same issue with USB & BT, along with the digital artifacts over the optical/TOSLink connection and found this post.  CMOS reset appears in the short-term to have resolved, save for the noise in the audio.

THANK YOU, @bobk!!   
Thank you , THANK You, Thank YOU!!!

What issue do you have with USB? Are you using Windows 7?

I'm also curious about the digital artifacts over the optical connection. Are you getting noise or hum in the audio? Or do you get sudden loud pops in the audio?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 10:58pm
" rel="nofollow -
@parsec:
To quote bobk: "I have a X370 Taichi with Windows 10 pro and wanted to add my experience to this subject.  I was having problems with USB connecting and disconnecting, some crashes and other weird behavior.  I noticed Device Manager was refreshing every 2 seconds, and Bluetooth was not working."

When this happened, I couldn't even find the option to turn BT off anywhere (not in its normal Windows menus) even though Device Mgr - the very few times I could click in time to get a response from it - showed it as "working properly" but no BT connections were being connected/working either - like my keyboard.

I constantly got Windoze messages about an unsuccessful/errant attempt to connect a USB device but no info indicated about which device it was, including in the event log - just "a USB device"...

The connect/disconnect sound was constantly playing and if Device Manager was opened, its list was in a constant state of refresh to the point of being unresponsive.  

As for the digital connection noise, I get ticks, pops and crackles arbitrarily and continuously - especially when the computer is under spike load, such as loading a large program or being taxed by one. Adjusting sample rate and bit depth has some but minimal impact.  One one or two occasions (only), the noise was in a loop for a bit sounding like digital 'static' for a few seconds.  My only used connection with the (additional HT Omega Fenix / not using the MB sound) sound card is through the optical/TOSLink digital interface.  i have not tested the on-board optical connection but it sounds like there are others here who are getting the same symptoms there as well.  This is quite annoying since my machine is a commercial video/audio editing workstation.  If this noise gets rendered in the output, the machine turns into a $2k paper weight that is costing me more money in downtime.

Not that you mentioned it but I did in my initial post - Davinci Resolve 14 is still intermittently crashing, usually when attempting to import media.  14 is still in Beta and I am now pretty sure the crashes are unrelated to any of the other issues listed here.  Back to version 12.5 we go, I suppose...

FYI: I'm on the latest UEFI/BIOS (3.0), Win10, and device driver revisions.

Are you suffering some/any of this, @parsec?

I find it quite disturbing to think ASRock might have knowingly released a product with USB connectivity issues.  Such a basic and prolific peripheral connection architecture should be fully tested & sorted prior to product release.  Just sayin'...

-------------
Cheers,
C

Posted By: m3t4lm4n222
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 8:44pm
Thank god I found this - I was going crazy. I have the ASrock Fatality AB350-ITX motherboard and I updated the bluetooth drivers and POOF my bluetooth device become an unknown USB device. 

Clearing CMOS worked. Cheers!

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 12:16pm
" rel="nofollow - As an update, today even though I'm using the latest Intel driver and all other drivers/BIOS, etc. it freaked out again.  Even after disabling, uninstalling and reinstalling and enabling the Bluetooth feature, I have no Bluetooth (DM says "This device is working properly - yeah, right...) when it's not in a constant state of refresh.  Occasionally my BT connected trackball will work for a second or two but my BT keyboard is MIA altogether.  

If i'm going to have to reset and rebuild the BIOS every few days, I'll be returning this MoBo and say goodbye to ASRock products for good.  I have sh*t to do and it's NOT rebuilding my BIOS preferences all the time.  Perhaps this is an Intel hardware issue... even so, it should not appear on what is supposed to be a reliable MoBo.  Or at least be up front with customers and tell them to disable the feature as it doesn't work at this time and just happens to come with the WiFi circuit that was chosen (albeit apparently unwisely) to include on their product.  if I don't have a keyboard and mouse, I don't have a computer.  And at least in my individual case, I need wireless input peripherals in my application - the inclusion of BT was one of the reasons I chose this MoBo for this system build.  

And it's not just the BT fiasco that's the issue - the BT problem/bug is CONSTANTLY resetting ALL the USB ports in the system as well - so my USB attached keyboard and mouse go away and/or the keyboard gets stuck on a key repeatedly, entering a long string of a single character over and over. These two symptoms have happened three times just while i've been typing this post!!!!!  Um - FIVE TIMES  It just happened twice more.

Suffice it to say, we should simply consider that this MoBo does not have Bluetooth capability and use it as if it doesn't - just disable it in DM and live without.  Which SUCKS.

I'm now extremely frustrated; can you tell?  :-/
Almost to the point of boxing up this MoBo right friggin' now and getting a refund on it.  I'm doing my best to keep my cool though.  For now, I'm disabling BT (SIX F'in TIMES!!!!  SEVEN!!!!  FUUUUUUU[[[[[[[[<<<<<<!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is beyond maddening!!) and gonna sleep on it.

I also find it interesting that ASRock's support shows zero information on BT on their website.  Can you say 'afterthought'?
POS!

OK, sorry - </rant>  Going to bed to cool off...

-------------
Cheers,
C

Posted By: ChosenBC
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 10:48pm
I know this a day late and a dollar short, but I have seen this on Dell Laptops too. I find the most common cause is the WiFi/BT Card.
Make sure the Computer is off, remove the screw holding it in place, remove the card and make sure the metal contacts are clean, then reinsert the card and screw back in place. most of the time this will resolve it more permanently unless you get up and go with your desktop often, then it may come slightly loose or change position in it's slot causing the issue to reoccur.

Posted By: Zendal
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 5:41pm
This issue still exists. Bios 4.40

Posted By: valerian
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 4:02pm
Since several weeks I have the integrated Bluetooth adapter that stoped working. It is no more listed in the Device Manager. At its place is a unrecognized USB device.
I tried many workaround and finally succeed to make it working.
The motherboard is an ASROCK X370 Taichi.
Here is the list of all my changes that may not be all needed.
1) Update of the bios to P4.80
2) In the bios I set the BT adapter to ON.
3) After booting the computer I installed the Intel BT driver V20.70.0.4
4) In the device manager I install manually a Microsoft Wireless Wifi router.
5) Then I shut down the computer and remove the power for 5 minutes.
6) At start up I change the BT option in the bios to AUTO.
Miracle, after booting, in the device manager the BT adapter is recognized!

Posted By: alee685
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 11:36am
I have this same motherboard and I just wanted to register an account to tell you thank you and that this worked!

On a side note, does anyone know where the bluetooth/wifi card is on this board so if we need to upgrade it in the future we can?

Posted By: valerian
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 3:56pm
My pleasure, I passed many hours before finding that trick.My Bluetooth link is still working hopefully
The Bluetooth/Wifi board is removable as I was able to change it under warranty (the 5 GHz was not working). You need to remove the board from the computer to access the screws on the bottom side. Removing the white plastic cover above the rear connectors is needed in the process.
But I do not know if the BT/Wifi board form factor is standard.

Posted By: octavio
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 4:59am
I know it's 2021, but I also have this issue with my Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac some times. Turns out that unplugging the desktop from power for about a minute and turning it back on fixes the issue. It's quite intermittent

Posted By: Banzarti
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 1:05am
it worked for me after hours of trying different solutions in vain. I registered in purpose to thank you from the future (September 2021) :O)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net