Date Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 8:29pm

I've been just build my new PC based on Ryzen platform. Here's the specs:

Mainboard: Asrock X370 Gaming X
CPU: AMD Ryzen R5-1600
RAM: 2x4GB Gskill Ripjaws V
GPU: MSI GTX1060 OC Tiger 6Gb
SSD: Kingston 128GB
PSU: Xigmatek Shogun II 600W
OS: Win 10 Creators (with latest update & all driver installed)

But when I open AIDA64, it shows the 5V+ and 12V+ which is overcurrent as picture below (5.6 & 14Volt). I'm so scared. Please help me.

sorry for my bad english

Replies:
Posted By: noneis
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:04pm
5V (max 5.25V) and 12V (max 12.6V) voltages are out of ATX spec, RMA your PSU and buy something like:
Corsair RMx Series RM650x
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2(G3) 650W

Posted By: BoneCrusherXes
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:53pm
" rel="nofollow - Are you using an aup to date version of AIDA64 ?
Maybe check in another tool like Hwmonitor (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html).

If it shows the same in hwmonitor and latest version of AIDA you should really get your PSU replaced.

Originally posted by noneis noneis wrote:

and buy something like:
Corsair RMx Series RM650x
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2(G3) 650W

Corsair and EVGA are a good choice, i would add beQuiet.
But 650W is WAY too much for this system. Even 400W would be more than enough for the components in this system, but I would recommend getting a 500-550W in case you want to get a bigger graphics card or upgrade the CPU one day.

EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550W          <-Top Quality, my personal recommendation
Corsair RMx Series RM550x 550W        <-also very good choice, top warranty

beQuit! Pure Power 10-CM 500W     <-top bugdet PSU
beQuit! Pure Power 10 500W     <-same but cheaper, if you dont care for cable management

-------------
ASRock X370 Taichi, AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3,9 , Noctua NH-D15
2x16GB G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZ @3200 14-13-13-26-42 1T GearDown Enabled
MSI Geforce GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G

Posted By: Conraire
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 10:05pm
Yeah I'd do what BoneCrusher suggested.. Make sure your aida64 is up to date.. 
Otherwise it looks like your PSU is seriously running out of atx spec.

Another great option for PSU if they're available in your country, is the Seasonic X650 series, or Focus Plus ssr-650fx series, both are 80+Gold Cert. 

-------------
https://valid.x86.fr/r12tls" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Minh Khang
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 11:37pm
Hi there, replaced by a Seasonic 520W and nothing's change.

AIDA64 is up-to-dated :(

Posted By: MisterJ
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 12:23am
Minh Khang, I have the latest AIDA64 Beta, v5.92.4321.  Please click Help/Check for Updates and DL the Beta.  If you still see these strange numbers, then click on Report/Submit  Report to FinalWire.  I suspect you are seeing problems in AIDA64 as I did when my Ryzen/M-Board were new.  Please let us know what you learn.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

-------------
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 1:48am
" rel="nofollow - Actually, what BIOS version are you running on your board?  Is it the most recent, or is it the one that came with it?

CPU-Z screenshot is showing 1.00, so that may also be an issue.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 2:54am
" rel="nofollow - @Minh Khang
when you go into the BIOS and enter the HWMonitor section, are the voltages shown there as high as in AIDA?

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 11:39am
I goes to the HWMonitor section but it seems to be there's no voltages displayed

but into the UEFI user interface i can't find them anywhere

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Minh Khang Minh Khang wrote:

I goes to the HWMonitor section but it seems to be there's no voltages displayed

Right now, I'm thinking it's an issue with the sensor readings from the default bios that your board is using, not translating well to AIDA64's reading code. 

If your motherboard currently has the option to flash the bios from within the bios usually called instant flash, then I'd suggest downloading and updating to the most recent bios for your motherboard, which is version 3.00. 

If your bios doesn't have the option to instant flash from the bios, you'll have to use the DOS bios flash method to upgrade to version 1.10 and then upgrade to 3.00 from within that bios version. 

If that doesn't fix the bad power readings, it could be possible you have a bad motherboard, but it's really hard to say at this point. 

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 1:33pm
updated to BIOS 3.00, tried another Gaming X mobo from my neighbour friend and the current is still over.

Posted By: Codemang87
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 2:47pm
" rel="nofollow - Have you tested the PSU with a voltmeter?

Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 3:29pm
Download and install F-Stream:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20X370%20Gaming%20X/index.us.asp#osW1064" rel="nofollow - http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20X370%20Gaming%20X/index.us.asp#osW1064

Check the readings under "System Info".

I suspect the sensor is not being read correctly by HWMonitor. If the readings are the same (14v on the 12v) post back. 

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 4:14pm
f-stream tell me it's 12Volt bro

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 5:09pm
Sorry, I must have missed it if you mentioned it before.

If that is the case then it is being misread on your monitoring app. You can try checking with other monitoring apps but the ASRock one should be 100% accurate. They designed the board and code the monitor for the exact sensor and design used. 3rd party apps don't have access to the designs and sensor types. If the design is different to the Gaming K4 (the board the Gaming X is largely derived from) then that could explain the misreading. 

It can be scary but typically, with that kind of over volting on your 12v rail you would be seeing some seriously high temps on your CPU and VRMs. For what it's worth HWMonitor was reading my Vcore as 5.23v on the version that was available when I got my X370 Taichi. The next version read my Vcore as 0.9v... Neither are correct.

These things can happen with new board models. It can take a while for 3rd party monitoring apps to be properly updated. The fact that you have tried more than one PSU tells me this is an error in the reading of the sensor. The PSU provides 12v within a 5% tolerance. 11.4 - 12.6 is the spec, anything outside of that is out of spec and indicates a bad PSU, you also don't want to see rapid fluctuation witin the tolerance. One bad PSU is possible but I find it hard to believe you got more than one, especially the Seasonic unit. Bare in mind that some magic would have to happen for the board to turn a 12v input into 14v. 

Honestly, I don't think you have anything to worry about, especially if your temps not off the chart.  

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 6:24pm
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Sorry, I must have missed it if you mentioned it before.

If that is the case then it is being misread on your monitoring app. You can try checking with other monitoring apps but the ASRock one should be 100% accurate. They designed the board and code the monitor for the exact sensor and design used. 3rd party apps don't have access to the designs and sensor types. If the design is different to the Gaming K4 (the board the Gaming X is largely derived from) then that could explain the misreading. 

It can be scary but typically, with that kind of over volting on your 12v rail you would be seeing some seriously high temps on your CPU and VRMs. For what it's worth HWMonitor was reading my Vcore as 5.23v on the version that was available when I got my X370 Taichi. The next version read my Vcore as 0.9v... Neither are correct.

These things can happen with new board models. It can take a while for 3rd party monitoring apps to be properly updated. The fact that you have tried more than one PSU tells me this is an error in the reading of the sensor. The PSU provides 12v within a 5% tolerance. 11.4 - 12.6 is the spec, anything outside of that is out of spec and indicates a bad PSU, you also don't want to see rapid fluctuation witin the tolerance. One bad PSU is possible but I find it hard to believe you got more than one, especially the Seasonic unit. Bare in mind that some magic would have to happen for the board to turn a 12v input into 14v. 

Honestly, I don't think you have anything to worry about, especially if your temps not off the chart.  

thanks but so what about the different between Gaming K4 and Gaming X , bro ?

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 9:55pm
" rel="nofollow -

i am pretty sure teh voltages can be found in the "HW Monitor" tab in UEFI. Have you scrolled up and down (with mouse or Up/Down arrow keys) ?

@Xaltar
as far as is read here Minh only used AIDA64 to check the voltages until you reocmmended FStream (plz correct me if im wrong Minh Khang).
When he talked about HWMonitor the "HW Monitor" tab in UEFI was meant ;)

So i guess the problem is with AIDA64 reading wrong temps, FStream will certainly show the correct voltages.
Minh Khang, if you have not done yet, i would recommmend downloading "HWinfo" or "HWMonitor" and check there if you want certainty.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 10:39pm
" rel="nofollow -

thanks but so what about the different between Gaming K4 and Gaming X , bro ?

I am afraid I couldn't say, I don't have the details. I do know that the VRM section (power delivery) uses different components. That is the reason I suspect you are getting inaccurate readings from Aida64. From a visual inspection the boards look almost identical. I do know they offer almost identical features.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net