Forum Description: Question about ASRock Intel Motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5861
Printed Date: 27 Sep 2024 at 7:44pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: SGX
Posted By: bits2000
Subject: SGX
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 4:13am
" rel="nofollow - When trying to play Ultra DVDs through Powerdvd 17 Ultra, it says: This media cannot be played because the required Intel SGX (SW Guard Extensions) wasn't started. Please reinstall the full set of Intel Management Engine (ME) software components. Error code 21204

I have it enabled in the bios. I did go to Intel's web site and downloaded the current version.

Is there any thing else I can do to make it work, or start?

Using the onboard graphic card which is supposed to play Ultra 4k.

Z270 Gaming i7 motherboard
Kaby Lake processor.

Thanks

-------------
BiTs

Replies:
Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by bits2000 bits2000 wrote:

" rel="nofollow - When trying to play Ultra DVDs through Powerdvd 17 Ultra, it says: This media cannot be played because the required Intel SGX (SW Guard Extensions) wasn't started. Please reinstall the full set of Intel Management Engine (ME) software components. Error code 21204

I have it enabled in the bios. I did go to Intel's web site and downloaded the current version.

Is there any thing else I can do to make it work, or start?

Using the onboard graphic card which is supposed to play Ultra 4k.

Z270 Gaming i7 motherboard
Kaby Lake processor.

Thanks

I'm not 100% certain the following applies to your situation, but this is from your board's specs:

Due to chipset limitation, the Blu-ray playback of Intel® HD Graphics is only supported under Windows® 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.

http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z270%20Professional%20Gaming%20i7/index.asp#Specification" rel="nofollow - http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z270%20Professional%20Gaming%20i7/index.asp#Specification

Are you using Windows 10?

Intel does not provide the IME software from their download pages anymore for mother boards made by other manufactures, like ASRock. The IME software on your board's download page is the best version to use. But you may be stuck with the limitation I listed above.

Otherwise, do you have the Intel graphics driver installed?

-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 8:53pm
" rel="nofollow - I am using Windows 10. So if I put Windows 8.1 back in, it will work? Is 8.1 same as 8?

Yes, I am using the Intel Graphics Driver that is on the board and have the current driver installed from ASRock's web site. The ME driver as well and  Intel SGX PSW for windows  v1.8.100.38781.

Thank You,

-------------
BiTs

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 11:27pm
I don't have personal experience with your situation, so can only go by the specifications. So I cannot tell you with absolute certainty that changing to Windows 8.1 will allow you to play those disks.

Your board's UEFI, in the Advanced, CPU Configuration screen, has an option called SW Guard Extensions (SGX). I cannot tell from the manual if that option is enabled by default or not. Check that this option is set to Enabled before you try using Windows 8.1.

You could also ask about this in Intel's support forum, the Chipset sub-forum is probably the best choice:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/chipsets" rel="nofollow - https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/chipsets

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 12:00am
Yes  the SGX is enabled and I upped the shared memory to 1gb. 

I did on Intel's forum, but put in under graphics. No replies yet on it.

Thanks....

-------------
BiTs

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 4:02am
Ok, this is what I learned.

The Kaby Lake processor does not support Windows 7, 8/8.1. I know this because I installed 8.1 and when trying to get my updates, I got about 75 percent of them before it stopped and said I couldn't get anymore because this processor only supports Windows 10. It was made for 10.

I could not get the SGX PSW to installed because it need C Runtime which was not running because it is not supported.

My Motherboard according to the specs,  Due to chipset limitation, the Blu-ray playback of Intel® HD Graphics is only supported under Windows® 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.
Intel® InTru??3D is only supported under Windows® 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.

So the Motherboard can play The dvd's only if you have Windows 7 or 8, but the processor will not work with these Windows.

Now, Kaby Lake is the only one that will play Ultra dvd's as long I guess as you have a motherboard that will support it in Windows 10.

Time to buy A Ultra Blu-ray standalone player and hook it to my TV.

Bought both because I thought they supported it, guess I was wrong again.

If anyone one else has any other insight on this let me know.

Thanks....Cry

-------------
BiTs

Posted By: dubbcd
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:56am
" rel="nofollow - Does your BDROM support 4KUHD BD disk?

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 7:00pm
I will say it does since it reads the title. I have one movie that actually played out of about 6.
It is a BDXL Blu-ray drive. It's about a couple of months old. All the installing and uninstalling I have done I need to see if it still plays.

The BD Rom I had before this one did not do anything and says there is no disc in the drive.

What do you think?

Thanks....Tongue

-------------
BiTs

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by bits2000 bits2000 wrote:

Ok, this is what I learned.

The Kaby Lake processor does not support Windows 7, 8/8.1. I know this because I installed 8.1 and when trying to get my updates, I got about 75 percent of them before it stopped and said I couldn't get anymore because this processor only supports Windows 10. It was made for 10.

I could not get the SGX PSW to installed because it need C Runtime which was not running because it is not supported.

My Motherboard according to the specs,  Due to chipset limitation, the Blu-ray playback of Intel® HD Graphics is only supported under Windows® 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.
Intel® InTru??3D is only supported under Windows® 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.

So the Motherboard can play The dvd's only if you have Windows 7 or 8, but the processor will not work with these Windows.

Now, Kaby Lake is the only one that will play Ultra dvd's as long I guess as you have a motherboard that will support it in Windows 10.

Time to buy A Ultra Blu-ray standalone player and hook it to my TV.

Bought both because I thought they supported it, guess I was wrong again.

If anyone one else has any other insight on this let me know.

Thanks....Cry

Your statement that I highlighted above, while in a sense is true, is a contradiction in terms. Or as we used to call it, a Catch22 situation. Not your fault, but caused by the as far as I know, arbitrary non-support of Ultra-HD playback on the system.

You probably know this is caused by DRM, Digital Rights Management. The movie/TV studios fighting piracy of their products on PC platforms where it was possible to make copies, that is not possible or as easily possible on a DVD player designed to work with TVs.

Windows 10 as far as I know itself has locked out Ultra HD playback, that is a major factor here. The earlier versions of Windows (7, 8.1) don't have that restriction. Given Kaby Lake is only supported by Windows 10, you hit a wall right there.

Regarding the board supporting Ultra HD playback, the only boards that can support a Kaby Lake processor must have an Intel 200 or 100 series chipset, like a Z270, Z170, etc. Then we encounter the "chipset" restriction, but is that simply the Kaby Lake processor, Windows 10 only limitation, or more DRM built into the chipset?

The only thought I had was going one step backwards to a Skylake processors, i7-6700K for example. But we then have these specifications for Kaby Lake and Skylake graphics:

HWA Encode/Decode: VP8, HEVC 8b, VP9, HEVC 10b (For 7th Gen Intel® CPU) Kaby Lake

HWA Encode/Decode: VP8, HEVC 8b; GPU/SWEncode/Decode: VP9, HEVC 10b (For 6th Gen Intel® CPU) Skylake

You tell me if this means a Skylake processor with appropriate graphics will support Ultra HD playback, since Skylake processors are supported by Windows 7 and 8.1. You can see that spec in your board specification page. You might need a Z170 board, or will a Skylake processor on your board work for Ultra HD playback?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 12:35am
I have an i7-6700k Sky Lake processor and an ASRock Extreme 7+ motherboard on another computer with an R9-290X Sapphire Video card. According to ASRock which I contacted  before I bought the Z270 and Kaby Lake, he stated only the 250 and above boards can play Ultra. The Z270 would be better and only Kaby Lake processor. No other processor could handle it.

He stated that Sky Lake could not.
He also stated my Extreme 7+ could not.

This is why I bought the Kaby Lake and the Z270 because I have it hooked to my 65" TV which I stream off of my  computer.

Thanks....Big smile

-------------
BiTs

Posted By: dubbcd
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 10:06am
Your BD ROM, probably not 4K UHD.

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 12:15am
Maybe not, it does read the disc and at one time it did play one out of six disc. If it is not I will cross that bridge when it gets here. I am just trying to get the SGX to work. One hurdle at a time.

Thanks...

-------------
BiTs

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 11:04am
" rel="nofollow - Ok, So I contacted  ASRock and they sent me a (ME) file to try use with powerdvd v1619. Their test works with this version. 

I installed the ME drivers then installed powerdvd 16.  Then ran the blu-ray advisor and it came up with the SGX wasn't installed, but let me install them.  It pass all the test except 2.  It goes and loads what it needs and  SGX is working now. It almost goes into the movie then another error comes up saying:  Catastrophic failure    code:8000FFFF   Does anyone know what this means?

Now I have to try and find what that means.

I am closer than I was at start of this forum.

Thanks....

-------------
BiTs

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 9:50am
So we are here at the end of this post. I wanted to get my SGX Extensions going so I can watch 4k movies on my computer. I finally got that, and it was more error's after more errors. I am here to say that I finally got it to work and I can play my movies now. 

One thing was the optical drive which needs to be UHD-BD. I also had a switch on my big tv and had to get it off of that. Once I did all of this stuff it actually worked.  Came with the optical UHD-BD drive was Powerdvd 14 UHD. I don't know whether this has anything to do with it, but the software after I loaded it, it then worked.
DUBBCD had it correct. It was my optical drive.

Thanks to all who helped. If this can help someone else then so be it!

Thanks....

-------------
BiTs

Posted By: Milkman
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 9:30am
Err, I just built a brand new system on: ASrock x299 Taichi, intel i7 7800x, EVGA 1080 ti FTW3, 16GB DDR4, Windows 10 64. Bought an external BD-XL drive without realizing it needed to be a 4k/UHD drive. Took that drive back and got the Pioneer BDR-211M, which does UHD/4k. Installed the Intel SGX ME component, which installed ok. 

I go to play 4k BluRay disks on PowerDVD Ultra 17... and I get "UltraHD BluRays cannot be played on this computer. Please make sure your GPU meets the system requirements and that its driver is up to date. Code 01003."

I've tried everything I can think of, and I don't see any options regarding SGX in this BIOS...... and I would *never* have intentionally built a system that was blocked from playing 4k BluRays if I had known...

Posted By: wardog
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 9:59am
" rel="nofollow - Intel Management Engine(IME) must be installed and also make sure you are using the latest graphics driver.

IME Driver
https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/X299%20Taichi/index.asp#Download

1080ti Driver
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Please post back if still have an issue after installing the above

re:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19797
https://www.cyberlink.com/prog/bd-support/diagnosis.do

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 10:15am
Also it prolly wouldn't hurt to use Instant Flash to update your BIOS to 1.70 if it is not.

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 10:22am
Doesnt work.

IME was already installed from the ASrock website from when I freshly installed this system (10 days ago). I just uninstalled it, then reinstalled it again. 

Nvidia driver is up to date as well: 390.77

System only has a few games, PowerDVD 17 Ultra, ASrock utilities, Intel Extreme Tuning utility installed. Everything is stock except CPU, which is running rock solid @ 4.00ghz. 

Cyberlink advisor says I'm not SGX nor HDCP 2.2 compliant, but I am. Brand new Acer Predator XB1 series 4k gsync monitor, and Nvidia driver confirms I am compliant on screen and GPU. Specs on x299 chipset and i7800x CPU say all support SGX. I emailed ASrock for support but havent heard back yet. 

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 10:23am
Also, done. I'm on 1.70. 

Long time net/sysadmin here. I've been building since the late 80s and always go through my checklist. Would LOOOOVE to play the 4k BluRays I bought when I was spec'ing out this system!! 

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 10:27am
Intel's SA-00086 vulnerability checker says Im vulnerable, as well... 

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 11:43am
" rel="nofollow - I've noticed that when I successfully install Intel Management Engine driver ver:11.10.0.1287 from the Asrock download page, the system reports version 11.7.0.1014 installed. It shows this in device manager and also in programs/features. Shouldn't it report 11.10.0.1287?

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 12:01pm
" rel="nofollow - Hmmmm.....

is the IME driver dl an exe or msi installer?

You want the exe ver.

Lemme trawl Intel for the latest IME for your MB

brb.

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 12:09pm
This is the fixed/corrected/patched ME v11.8.50.3425

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/TSD/ME-consumer_11.8.50.3425.zip" rel="nofollow - http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/TSD/ME-consumer_11.8.50.3425.zip

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 12:19pm
It is the .exe version. 

I grabbed the ME-consumer_11.8.50.3425.zip and extracted it. Ran FWUpdLcl64.exe as admin, but nothing happens and I get an error log that says "Error 8716: Invalid usage"

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 3:47pm
" rel="nofollow - Long story short, after a bit of back and forth, I have the latest firmware(1.70), latest management engine firmware(11.10.0.1287), and latest Asrock intel management system driver installed on windows 10. 

The above ME (ME_consumer v11.8.50.3425 listed in Wardog's comment) comes back with "are you sure you want to downgrade your firmware? YES/NO"

Should I be downgrading it? 

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 11:16pm
I learned a lot from my system when I was trying to get it to play 4k. One thing I learned was actually it came today which came from NVIDIA themselves. 
According to the minimum system requirements from CyberLink, Ultra HD Blu-ray is supported only if a display is powered by Intel Graphics. https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do%3cid=19144&prodId=1&prodVerId=1274" rel="nofollow - https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=19144&prodId=1&prodVerId=1274

My Intel graphics 630 does play it, and is the only graphics card that will play it. All others will not even if they say they will.

Make sure you have the latest Intel SGX PSW for Windows v1.9.105.42143 installed.
Make sure in the bios the sgx is turned on, and there's another one to turn on I think it's the Intel runtime management something or another, I will have to put a new reply and go and check it. Will have to reboot to see it. And also read my last post before this one it tells you a lot.

-------------
BiTs

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 11:37pm
The 2 to make  enabled are:  Intel Virtualization Technology--Enabled
                                             Software Guard Extensions (SGX)--Enabled
That's it for you bios. I think I had to go down 1 in my bios for it to work.
My Pioneer UHD Drive had software with it, I did installed it alone with Powerdvd 14. ASRock sent me a ME file that is what made the extensions turn on and get recognized by the Cyberlink Adviser.

If you need more help let me know. Will be very glad to help you.

Thanks....

-------------
BiTs

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 2:58am
" rel="nofollow - From what I have read and experienced, my chipset, CPU, and GPU should all work just fine. Intel claims this, Nvidia claims this, and Cyberlink lists my GPU on their page.

Where do you see that ONLY intel discreet chips will allow 4k BluRay playback on PCs? That would be lawsuit material if it were true.

There is no reason for users to be FORCED to only use some lousy discreet graphics chipset just to be able to play their purchased 4k BluRay content on a PC. This is *absurd*, and it is clearly an intentional choice by intel and/or microsoft to slow down the "threat" of piracy. Further, I see MANY examples of people with various Nvidia GPUs getting 4k BLuRay playback working fine. 

I know about intel virtulization stuff - thats already turned on to support my VMs. There are no SGX options in my x299 TaiChi BIOS. I bought this board, GPU, CPU because.... they are all documented to support 4k BluRay playback. 

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 9:55am
The link I sent you above, copy and paste it into your browser and this will tell you about what graphic cards are supported like Intel.

-------------
BiTs

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 10:06am
" rel="nofollow - When I built out this system... I verified each component that I would need to playback 4k content. At that time, PowerDVD 17 Ultra was the recommended software to play 4k BluRay on a few drives, including the Pioneer internal drive I have. AT THAT TIME, there was no published limitation.... on which GPU brand or discreet chipset you would need to make this work. 

This is outrageous and the questions one would need to have asked before making purchasing decisions are counter-intuitive. Never before would the question "if I build a 4k capable system (GPU, screen, CPU, chipset), will it be able to play games at 4k AND movies at 4k?" The very idea was absurd. Not anymore, apparently. 

I will find other software, then. I will not be limited by the incompetence of one vendor if I can avoid it.  

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 10:11am
" rel="nofollow - Also on Cyberlink's page, regarding GPUs which can be used for PowerDVD 17 Ultra to playback UltraHD movies: (I get error 01003)

"Error code 01002, 01003, 01004:
Ultra HD Blu-rays cannot currently be played on this computer. Please make sure your graphics processor (GPU) meets the system requirements for Ultra HD Blu-rays, and update its driver to the latest version.

Suggestion
Make sure your graphics processor is compatible for Ultra HD Blu-ray movie playback. To ensure the latest playback compatibility, you are advised to update the graphics driver to the latest version directly from your graphics processor manufacturer's website."

Why would they not mention that NO GPU will work with PowerDVD for UHD playback EXCEPT Intel discreet garbage? Why would they just say "make sure its compatible/update the driver"? 

This is all kinds of messed up. I will demand a refund for the PowerDVD license I just acquired if they can't offer support for regular GPUs, at the very least. 

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 11:04am
Well, this is terrible. This is much worse than I thought, and I appear to have multiple issues outside the ASrock Intel ME Firmware + SGX issue. 

My Acer Predator XB1 series 4k g-sync gaming monitor... shows HDCP compliant in the nvidia driver. But it isnt HDCP 2.2 compliant, apparently..... and a second tool showed me this. 

3 barriers now: 
1. Monitor must be swapped out for a HDCP 2.2 compliant 4k monitor. Working on that now. 
2. PowerDVD 17 must be updated to support.... regular GPUs. If they do not plan to do this, then I will get a refund. 
3. ASrock and/or Intel need to release a MEI and/or ME FW update that allows SGX to function, or patches it in some other way to let me... play licensed UltraHD content. 

I have learned that not even Netflix is sending me 4k streams via their "app". They are limiting me to 1080p despite having paid for this service months ago. They dont even bother.... to notify... customers that the browser or device they are using wont work. They just.. sell the damn service and remove the notification icons in the player that show you "HD/SD/UltraHD". 

This is terrible. The industry's greed and attempt to control the dissemination of "backup" software is destroying something that used to be great. This is a nightmare. I spent $3000 goddamn dollars on a brand new system - spec'ed for 4k -  less than a month ago and I cant even play a 4k BluRay. 

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 11:53am
" rel="nofollow - C'mon!

What model Predator? I find that hard to believe.

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 12:00pm
" rel="nofollow -
Predator XB1 series XB281HK 28" 4k g-sync

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824011083

After a ton of digging through the Acer forums, I found some random customer asking why their netflix, etc, was refusing to stream at UltraHD/4k on this monitor. Answer was that the screen supports HDCP 2.0 but not 2.2... 

I am asking Acer if there is any way for them to update HDCP to 2.2, but I don't think that is possible. Last I checked you can't change HDCP.  

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 12:03am
" rel="nofollow - Your system probably does play 4k content, just with your on board graphic card like the Intel one.
Mine does play UHD 4k Movies but only through the Intel 630 on board graphics.
I also bought a Pioneer UHD Optical Drive.

So, did you ever find your SGX?

I have an ASRock Z270 and this is where mine is located.
Go to bios screen, advance tab, cpu configuration and scroll down to the bottom and mine is listed there.

So if you  have ASRock as well, should be same place. Again, I had to down grade 1 in my bios to make it work.
I will have to go find my emails to know which version for sure and ASRock sent me a IME driver not listed on their page, since the one on the page did not work, and it turned it on all. From that point I could play my 4k movies.

If you have any other question let me know.

-------------
BiTs

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 3:20am
No, lol. 

This system plays 4k games. It plays 4k video content. There is a vendor-specific issue with SOME 4k content. 

What it WONT play is: 
4k Netflix streams
4k Amazon Prime video streams
4k BluRay disks. 

What it will play:
Any 4k content with DRM removed. This is very simple.  

Again - I DO NOT HAVE AN EMBEDDED INTEL GRAPHICS CHIPSET. My ASrock x299 Taichi board DOES NOT HAVE INTEL GRAPHICS. I don't buy boards with discreet graphics. 

The intel graphics issue is related to POWERDVD 17 4k BluRay playback **only**. Cyberlink must FIX THIS ISSUE, not try to force people to.... get intel graphics accelerators. This has nothing to do with other 4k playback issues on this platform. 

The other issue I have is the HDCP version of the Acer predator xb1 series 4k monitor -- even though it is a brand new, expensive, 4k monitor, for some reason it only supports... HDCP 2.0. I am working with the vendor to replace this -- they will NOT stick me with a $700 monitor that blocks me from playing netflix, amazon, etc, in 4k. 

The last issue I have is the ASrock x299 Taichi board's Intel Management Engine Firmware is not allowing SGX to run. This is related to a firmware update that ASrock and/or Intel must provide. 

1. Cyberlink MUST fix limitation that forces "intel graphics chipset" for 4k BluRay playback, or they will refund my money. 
2. Acer will provide me a way to make this XB1 series 4k monitor HDCP 2.2 compliant, or they will swap this monitor out for the larger version of the same monitor that DOES support HDCP 2.2. 
3. Intel/ASrock must issue a new ME FW and/or x299 BOIS FW update to support SGX, or they must advise me on some sort of process to get it working so that I can use this board as the basis for a PC. 

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:51am
" rel="nofollow - Are you hooking up your monitor through DP or HDMI?  If it's DP, here is an adapter you can use to fix that HDCP 2.2. It will turn you DP into a HDMI plug so you can use HDMI.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZ6UT21/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As always, if it is not clickable copy and paste it.

Contact ASRock or use you tube to find your SGX for your model.

Let me know.

-------------
BiTs

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 10:06am
Im using DP because if I use HDMI I am limited to 24hz @ 4k. I have to use DP for 4k/60hz on this screen. The adapter might give me HDCP 2.2 on HDMI, but not DP. 

I sent ASrock an email last week. Waiting for reply. 

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 10:07am
" rel="nofollow - Wait -- sorry. I read that wrong.

Will that take my DP and convert to HDMI that can do the same performance?? It will do HDMI 4k @ 60hz??? If so.... I am IN!!!!!! Checking that link right now.... Ill get right back. 

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 10:21am
" rel="nofollow - OMG! That might work! 

Question: do you know FOR SURE that will ENABLE HDCP 2.2 compliance? Adding that in-line, to my DP cable between the monitor and the GPU, will ADD HDCP 2.2? The item says "HDCP compliant" but does not say if it will ENABLE that if you only have 2.0 or under. 

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 10:29am
" rel="nofollow - Awww no... sorry for all the comments.

No, that wont work. That takes the DP out from the GPU and converts it to HDMI into the monitor. The acer predator xb1 28" only does 24hz on the HDMI port, so it wont work. : (

Is it possible, lol, to put an in-line HDCP 2.2 adapter on the display port?? Im going to have to swap this monitor out, Im pretty sure. 

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 10:45am
" rel="nofollow - Check this out -- this is an HDCP 2.2 - HDCP 1.4 step-down converter! It seems to be aimed at 4k TVs that are limited to HDCP 1.4 , but Im guessing if it works for a 4k TV it will work for a 4k monitor with HDCP 1.4 on the DP. 

(sorry - my screen has HDCP 1.4, not 2.0. I misread that)

Will this link post? 

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15242&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrNKYicfC2QIVC4hpCh3ZJgXXEAQYASABEgKLbfD_BwE

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 11:24pm
I use this adapter for my monitor since I only have 1 HDMI and 1 DP. Yes, it works. It's not a step down, it's a step up. It turns your 1.4 to a 2.2.

Cyberlink Ultra Blu-ray adviser does read it at 2.2.

-------------
BiTs

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 11:26pm
Well, maybe I should have seen your link before I posted. Not sure about that one. The link I sent you does work. If this is a step down you may want to rethink it.

-------------
BiTs

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 12:34am
I looked up your monitor and it shows 60hz. I don't see why it won't play 4k. The adapter I sent you will work on your monitor to give you HDCP 2.2.

Now if you do not have an on board graphics card, then it will do no good as better cards don't work.

-------------
BiTs

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 4:28am
" rel="nofollow - No. The Acer Predator XB1 series XB281HK is limited to 24/30hz on HDMI, no matter what adapter you have. The DP does 60hz up to 4k. 

Just got an email back from ASrock, who are now claiming they aren't going to support SGX on my brand new x299 TaiChi. If I understand them correctly. Or, they are putting the issue on Intel. I cant really tell, but  am *sick* of this crap. If you sell a board with a HUGE limitation like... NO SUPPORT FOR LICENSED 4k streaming/bluray content, this needs to be UP FRONT, and in BOLD PRINT so that people dont make the error of buying this board. 

Forget everything. I will RMA this entire system, and I will build my new system on a new motherboard from another vendor. This simply doesnt work for me, and the handling and publication of the issue *infuriates* me. 

This issue (no support for 'SGX') was hidden from view for most customers because who would think to ask such a thing? Who would ask a motherboard vendor if their top of the line board would restrict playback of 4k BluRays due to a problem most people hadn't heard of yet, and one that did not exist a couple years ago? No. I won't be saddled with limited hardware. 

Acer did something similar by selling a monitor that they claimed was "HDCP compliant", but they hid the fact that it was not HDCP 2.2 compliant from all published spec sheets. Now I know. Now they will eat an RMA, and maybe next time they will be more up front about a huge limitation like this. 

I've been building systems for 30 years and I've bought every optical technology since the first optical technology. This is the first time that DRM has been allowed to screw up the adoption of a new optical tech in this way, and for the first time ever we have optical drives that can WRITE content that they CANNOT PLAY BACK. (I can burn BDXL with 4k movies right now... but I cannot play them back... unless I remove DRM)

I will begin processing a full system RMA, and I will return the ASrock board. Lesson learned. Thanks for your time. 

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 7:35am
Yeahhhhh, no. This is making me furious. 

Asrock is passing it off to Nvidia and Intel. 

Intel is passing it off to ASrock. 

Nvidia says its ASrock or Intel - their driver suports 4k BluRay/video. 

This is NONSENSE. RMA time. I dont give a crap whose issue it is anymore, frankly. 

Word of advice to ASrock and any other board OEM out there who likes to have customers: 
If you learn your product has an INHERENT limitation that isnt related to its stated capabilities and performance specs, PUBLISH ADVISORIES on your product pages so that your resellers and customers can be informed. I would *never* have bought a x299 board from you as the core of my 4k system, or I would have bought some other ASrock board that does allow 4k video playback. 

I guess when you are stuck with a pile of stock with inherent flaws to do with 4k playback... its not always in your best interest to publish advisories about this, is it. Your customers... might not buy them if they knew. 

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 9:20am
Well, Alrighty then!

-------------
BiTs

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:07pm
So, if you do return all the hardware, get one with the discreet Intel 630 graphics card so you can play your 4k movies at least for now.

Also get a cat. 7 Ethernet cable to help you in streaming Ultra.

I do agree this stinks.

-------------
BiTs

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 12:14am
Confirmed.

Intel's X299 chipset does not support SGX.

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 2:03am
" rel="nofollow - Oh, it isnt the chipset that doesnt support SGX. SGX is an arbitrary software/firmware add-on, and doesnt have anything to do with stock performance or capability. I could have just as easily bought a board and CPU......... for the *same price or cheaper* than I bought what I have now, and it would have supported SGX. If I had known pre-sale................

I've learned a lot about this, lol.

SGX existed before the requirement for 4k BluRay was implemented. SGX has been around a few years, but no one would have *cared* what SGX was prior to the middle of last year. Why? Because the enhanced SGX requirement (firmware/protected mode support) was added POST-PRODUCTION for most of these boards.

Sellers and customers got their hands on thousands of high-end x299 chipset boards and CPUs, and earlier in 2017 they were able to play 4k BluRay movies on connected drives. Then, that ability was disabled due to DRM requirements being changed. Whose fault is that?

The industry decided that SGX was required for enhanced PAVP on PC platforms. How would they do this, if the requirement was for protected/enclave mode stuff? They would have to add something to the system firmware or BIOS, *if* there was room on the system for it. 

Some boards have extra space or extra chips on their BIOS and firmware. Some do not. The SGX code needs to be added to firmware, where the firmware has space. The industry literally decided that everyone who bought a board that could not accept the extra data (because they were not designed that way) would be stuck with boards and CPUs that cannot play a simple effing 4k BluRay. 

Frankly, the way the evidence of this was hidden from customers unless customers had specific search terms and information on the subject, is reason to suspect sellers and OEMs are concerned... they, too, will be stuck with flawed boards and CPUs. 

Look: https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.3754592

That is NewEgg, right now. How would you feel if you spent over $2000 on a motherboard/CPU combo, then you built the rest of the system around it and discovered.... lol... you couldn't play 4k BluRays? Yet there is no advisory. There is no disclaimer for customers to click-through so that they know if they buy this, they can't do something significant. Sellers need to sell their stock, including the flaws in that stock. 

I am angrier by the second. 

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 2:44am
SGX being supported or not supported by your platform is the same as if I developed a special firmware add-on that inspected USB port status on startup. I could code this in a way that would halt the system from booting if it did not detect a certain device connected to USB, like a security dongle. I can MAKE the system refuse to boot without that dongle, but the system booted fine before I wrote that new requirement. Then I can tell customers who do not buy my special dongle "sorry, your platform doesnt support booting unless you buy this dongle."

Posted By: justinhinkle
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 2:52pm
SGX Reach
Singapore Exchange's (SGX) new securities trading engine ??Reach ??began operating from on Monday. Reach offers 10 times more capacity and is the world's fastest trading engine with ultra-low latency of less than 90 microseconds.

SGX Nifty
SGX NIFTY stands for Singapore Stock Exchange.
Investors who are unable to access indian markets, but who want to take an exposure in Indian market trade in SGX Nifty.

Trade on SGX
Three Easy Steps
1) Open your securities accounts. First, you'll need a securities account with The Central Depository (Pte) Ltd (CDP).
2) Find a stockbroker. Then, you will also need a trading or brokerage account with a stockbroking member of Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited (SGX-ST)
3) Go stock shopping!

SGX Nifty Wikipedia
SGX Nifty ??allows foreign investors to take a position in Indian stock market. It is derivative of Nifty index trade officially in Singapore Exchange. ... It is the only platform from where foreigners can come and invest in to Indian stock market. It is one of the major competitor products of Nifty futures.

Information source:- [url=http://en-mcafee.com/]McAfee.com/Activate[/url] | [url=http://prooffice-comsetup.com/]Office.com/Setup[/url]

Kindly visit :- [url=http://office-en-setup.com/]www.office.com/setup[/url] | [url=http://activate-fast.com/]www.mcafee.com/activate[/url]

Posted By: justinhinkle
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 2:53pm
[QUOTE=justinhinkle] SGX Reach
Singapore Exchange's (SGX) new securities trading engine ??Reach ??began operating from on Monday. Reach offers 10 times more capacity and is the world's fastest trading engine with ultra-low latency of less than 90 microseconds.

SGX Nifty
SGX NIFTY stands for Singapore Stock Exchange.
Investors who are unable to access indian markets, but who want to take an exposure in Indian market trade in SGX Nifty.

Trade on SGX
Three Easy Steps
1) Open your securities accounts. First, you'll need a securities account with The Central Depository (Pte) Ltd (CDP).
2) Find a stockbroker. Then, you will also need a trading or brokerage account with a stockbroking member of Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited (SGX-ST)
3) Go stock shopping!

SGX Nifty Wikipedia
SGX Nifty ??allows foreign investors to take a position in Indian stock market. It is derivative of Nifty index trade officially in Singapore Exchange. ... It is the only platform from where foreigners can come and invest in to Indian stock market. It is one of the major competitor products of Nifty futures.

Information source:- http://activate-fast.com | http://office-en-setup.com
Kindly visit :- http://en-mcafee.com | http://prooffice-comsetup.com

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net