URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6305
Printed Date: 10 May 2024 at 8:47am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: AB350Pro4 - Bad PCIEx16 slot
Posted By: NightKing
Subject: AB350Pro4 - Bad PCIEx16 slot
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 2:09am
Hello all,

I have been banging my head to find the root cause of the audio stutters, fps drops, freezes on my new PC build ( https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cxMqFd" rel="nofollow - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cxMqFd ). The mouse pointer also lags even when pc is idle. I am not sure if the PCIE2 slot is bad or if the PCI-e controller in CPU is bad.

This lag/stutter happens ONLY when the GPU is seated in the PCI-E 3.0 x16 Slot (PCIE2: x16 mode) slot. When I re-seat the GPU into PCIe 3.0 x16 Slot (PCIE4: x4 mode), the lag/stutter go away and gaming is smooth.

Below are the things that I tried to find root cause when GPU is in PCI-E 3.0 x16 Slot (PCIE2: x16 mode) slot

When LatencyMon is ran when PC is normal, the ISR and DPC numbers (nearly 25000µs) are high. Results are below. I have tried everything possible solution provided on the internet to fix dpc/latency issue but nothing fixed my problem.

LatencyMon results in Imgur album - https://imgur.com/a/11fme" rel="nofollow - https://imgur.com/a/11fme

Things I have tried:

1. Windows 10 reinstall and disabled driver auto update
2. DDU nvidia drivers and reinstall only GPU driver (didnt install HD audio driver or anything else)
3. Install Ethernet driver from mobo vendor & install latest ethernet driver from manufacturer
4. Tried installing Realtek audio driver 
4. Disable HD audio driver from device manager and disabled HD audio from bios
5. Disable C-states from bios
6. Disable HPET from bios
7. Set gpu and system at max performance
8. Set dynamic tick command (cant remember the command)
9. GPU and CPU temps are normal ~80c and ~45C under high load respectively.

Replies:
Posted By: MisterJ
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 2:29am
NightKing, please post your system specifications as I have in my signature.  Make sure you have DLed your chip set drivers from AMD:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download" rel="nofollow - http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
Make sure your BIOS is up to date and do a "Load UEFI Defaults" (F9).  Enjoy, John.

-------------
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 3:25am
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

NightKing, please post your system specifications as I have in my signature.  Make sure you have DLed your chip set drivers from AMD:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download" rel="nofollow - http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
Make sure your BIOS is up to date and do a "Load UEFI Defaults" (F9).  Enjoy, John.

MisterJ,

Updated my signature with specs. I have DL'ed latest chipset drivers from AMD and latest P3.20 bios but that didnt solve the stutters.

I also tried loading with UEFI defaults .. that didnt help too.

Thanks for taking time to respond. Smile

-------------
AB350 Pro4, Ryzen 5 1600, Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB SSD, G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GVRB, Win 10 x64 Home, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB G1, EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold , BIOS 3.20

Posted By: wardog
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 3:56am
" rel="nofollow - How old is the G2 PSU?

550w, IMO, is low for using a 1080.

Install a voltage monitoring app to track and record voltages.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 4:00am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

" rel="nofollow - How old is the G2 PSU?

550w, IMO, is low for using a 1080.

Install a voltage monitoring app to track and record voltages.

Everything in my rig is brand new (<60 days old).

I used http:///pcpartpicker.com/list/cxMqFd" rel="nofollow - PCPartpicker to see the compatibility & power usage. 

I'll install and check the voltage monitoring just to eliminate that PSU isnt a problem here.

-------------
AB350 Pro4, Ryzen 5 1600, Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB SSD, G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GVRB, Win 10 x64 Home, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB G1, EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold , BIOS 3.20

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 4:34am
NightKing, PartPicker has left several people here with insufficient power supplies.  I hope you can get your money back and get a more stout and modern PS.  It looks like to me it does not have 4-pin CPU power.  I suggest you get at least 650 Watt supply that has an 8-pin (or 4+4) CPU power and a 4-pin CPU power.  Using the peripheral cable for the CPU will probably not cut it.  Enjoy, John.

EDIT:  Thanks for the system specifications - very helpful!

-------------
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 4:54am

NightKing, PartPicker has left several people here with insufficient power supplies.  I hope you can get your money back and get a more stout and modern PS.  It looks like to me it does not have 4-pin CPU power.  I suggest you get at least 650 Watt supply that has an 8-pin (or 4+4) CPU power and a 4-pin CPU power.  Using the peripheral cable for the CPU will probably not cut it.  Enjoy, John.

EDIT:  Thanks for the system specifications - very helpful!

MisterJ, I am noob when it comes to PSUs.. the G2 550W has 1 x 8-Pin (4+4) EPS (CPU) connector. More info https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx%3Fpn=220-G2-0550-Y1" rel="nofollow - here . I am not using a peripheral cable to connect to CPU.

Moreover, if there's no sufficient power to the system then I would have experienced the same lag/stutter even when the GPU is inserted in PCIE4 slot but that's not the case.

-------------

Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 6:18am
" rel="nofollow - The slots are routed differently and a whole load of other very technical differences I won't get into. The power regulation to the PCIE4 slot may be more accommodating of an under-powered PSU. My point is that the lack of stutter is not an indication that power isn't the issue. For a start the PCIE4 slot is only wired as x4 not x16 so the GPU is pulling less bandwidth and likely using less power as a result. It stands to reason x4 draws less power than x16. 

An older model 550w PSU (old model but new I am getting from your post) is certainly not sufficient for a GTX 1080, especially not Gigabyte's G1 Gaming version which features much beefier power circuitry than reference models. Even if the PSU proves not to be the issue you will be doing yourself a favor getting a higher rated one, that 550 will eventually blow up on you and could potentially take out half your system with it. It isn't just a matter of "can it handle it?" it is a matter of prolonged load over the unit's optimum power delivery range.

If you need further proof, or possibly disprove our theory, check the air temp of the exhaust coming out the back of your PSU when gaming under load, if it is hot and the fan is spinning up at high RPMs then the PSU is under powered. No PSU should ever ramp up the fan RPMs to near max and still be blowing hot air. 

I hope this helps.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 6:28am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

" rel="nofollow - The slots are routed differently and a whole load of other very technical differences I won't get into. The power regulation to the PCIE4 slot may be more accommodating of an under-powered PSU. My point is that the lack of stutter is not an indication that power isn't the issue. For a start the PCIE4 slot is only wired as x4 not x16 so the GPU is pulling less bandwidth and likely using less power as a result. It stands to reason x4 draws less power than x16. 

An older model 550w PSU (old model but new I am getting from your post) is certainly not sufficient for a GTX 1080, especially not Gigabyte's G1 Gaming version which features much beefier power circuitry than reference models. Even if the PSU proves not to be the issue you will be doing yourself a favor getting a higher rated one, that 550 will eventually blow up on you and could potentially take out half your system with it. It isn't just a matter of "can it handle it?" it is a matter of prolonged load over the unit's optimum power delivery range.

If you need further proof, or possibly disprove our theory, check the air temp of the exhaust coming out the back of your PSU when gaming under load, if it is hot and the fan is spinning up at high RPMs then the PSU is under powered. No PSU should ever ramp up the fan RPMs to near max and still be blowing hot air. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks for detailed explanation Xaltar. My room gets hot when GPU is on full load, so you are correct that my PSU is underpowered! . I cant return my existing 550w PSU as its > 30 days Cry. What I can do is.. test it out with a new model of 850W PSU and see if that fixes my problem. If a new 850W pSU doesnt fix the stutter, i'll return it.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 6:31am
Good luck Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:51am

Good luck Wink

Xaltar, just to add more info and context. My PC lags/audio/video stutters even when GPU is not at 100% usage . An example of what I am experiencing is here- https://youtu.be/CF9Pvdsz0UM?t=85 (this is not my video)

-------------

Posted By: johndms
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:54am
Originally posted by NightKing NightKing wrote:

Thanks for detailed explanation Xaltar. My room gets hot when GPU is on full load, so you are correct that my PSU is underpowered! . I cant return my existing 550w PSU as its > 30 days Cry. What I can do is.. test it out with a new model of 850W PSU and see if that fixes my problem. If a new 850W pSU doesnt fix the stutter, i'll return it.
I've compared our setups as we use the same board+cpu, almost same ram. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yvY9zM
If I remove my fans and CPU cooler from the equation, pcpartpicker lists both our builds as using 359 watts. Granted, I have doubts of how accurate that is, but we're still similar. I use a 520w PSU and a GTX 1070 (08G-P4-6173-KR) that EVGA claims uses 170W max. While looking at the most demanding EVGA 1080 I could find, the 08G-P4-6386-KR draws 245W max. I'm not sure what yours uses, but I chose the most demanding one.

I've notice no issues with my system, even with CPU overclocked to 3.8@1.35v and the 1070 overclocked (60%,112,+100core,+400mem). But I do believe I'm cutting it close. For what it's worth, I agree with those above, the 550w PSU may not be meeting the requirements.

I wonder if underclocking your 1080, as a test, would smooth things out? I've not tried it, but I think MSI Afterburner can underclock. Regardless, I think a http://pcpartpicker.com/product/WrNypg/seasonic-focus-plus-gold-650w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-650fx" rel="nofollow - SeaSonic 650W FOCUS Plus Gold  would be perfect.

Posted By: johndms
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:59am
My assumption was at full load. Now that I see you're experiencing this at idle, I'm not so sure anymore.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 8:12am
Originally posted by johndms johndms wrote:

I've compared our setups as we use the same board+cpu, almost same ram. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yvY9zM
If I remove my fans and CPU cooler from the equation, pcpartpicker lists both our builds as using 359 watts. Granted, I have doubts of how accurate that is, but we're still similar. I use a 520w PSU and a GTX 1070 (08G-P4-6173-KR) that EVGA claims uses 170W max. While looking at the most demanding EVGA 1080 I could find, the 08G-P4-6386-KR draws 245W max. I'm not sure what yours uses, but I chose the most demanding one.

I've notice no issues with my system, even with CPU overclocked to 3.8@1.35v and the 1070 overclocked (60%,112,+100core,+400mem). But I do believe I'm cutting it close. For what it's worth, I agree with those above, the 550w PSU may not be meeting the requirements.

I wonder if underclocking your 1080, as a test, would smooth things out? I've not tried it, but I think MSI Afterburner can underclock. Regardless, I think a http://pcpartpicker.com/product/WrNypg/seasonic-focus-plus-gold-650w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-650fx" rel="nofollow - SeaSonic 650W FOCUS Plus Gold  would be perfect.
I didnt try underclocking.. but i can try it. I'll give it a shot tonight!

PCPartPicker lists my build as 359W too, I have also checked EVGA power meter tool which also recommended 550W G2/G3, also nvidia gtx1080 official page has recommended power as 500W (they assume i7 3.2 Ghz as processor). SO based on all this, my 550W should be good enough for normal use.

and as I said, my stutters/lags happen even when Idle or even when i drag the mouse pointer on the desktop or opening an applicaiton (gpuz or cpuz etc). Due to this, its hard for me to believe that my power supply is the root cause for these nightmares.

But I just ordered a 850W Evga G3 80+ gold just to make it future proof and reliable if I OC.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 8:32am

I didnt try underclocking.. but i can try it. I'll give it a shot tonight!

PCPartPicker lists my build as 359W too, I have also checked EVGA power meter tool which also recommended 550W G2/G3, also nvidia gtx1080 official page has recommended power as 500W (they assume i7 3.2 Ghz as processor). SO based on all this, my 550W should be good enough for normal use.

and as I said, my stutters/lags happen even when Idle or even when i drag the mouse pointer on the desktop or opening an applicaiton (gpuz or cpuz etc). Due to this, its hard for me to believe that my power supply is the root cause for these nightmares.

But I just ordered a 850W Evga G3 80+ gold just to make it future proof and reliable if I OC.

For all the seemingly unrelated misc issues your are experiencing(vid lag, mouse, audio) I'm still standing on it being the PSU.

Keep us posted huh.......

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:03pm
So, I picked up EVGA g3 850W gold rated from my local frys and tested the GPU in PCIE2 (1st slot). The results are same. Cry 

Clearly PSU isn't a bottleneck here. I just want be to sure that the Mobo / GPU is not defective.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:31pm
" rel="nofollow - NightKing,  I assume you have both the 8-pin CPU and 4-pin CPU power cables plugged?  Sorry this did not correct the problem, but I think you will be better in the long run with the more modern PS.  It may come down to RMAing the video card or the MB unless someone can suggest another approach.  Enjoy, John.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:40pm
At this point I would hang on to the beefier PSU and see if you can sell the 550 to a friend etc. 

Check the physical slot for any debris that may have fallen in there, it can happen sometimes. Make sure the GPU is seating fully into the slot and that nothing on the GPU or the board is preventing it slotting all the way in to the slot.

If all that checks out and you still have an issue see if you can try your GPU on another PC and see if the issue persists there. If so RMA the GPU, if not RMA the board. You could just keep using it in the x4 slot but you will be losing out on a little performance as well as running the risk something more serious could go wrong further down the line, after warranty is up which would suck. This is why warranty exists.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:16am

" rel="nofollow - NightKing,  I assume you have both the 8-pin CPU and 4-pin CPU power cables plugged?  Sorry this did not correct the problem, but I think you will be better in the long run with the more modern PS.  It may come down to RMAing the video card or the MB unless someone can suggest another approach.  Enjoy, John.

I just connected the solid 8 Pin EPS to the mobo and 8 pin (4+4) to the CPU1 on PSU. 

At this point I would hang on to the beefier PSU and see if you can sell the 550 to a friend etc. 

Check the physical slot for any debris that may have fallen in there, it can happen sometimes. Make sure the GPU is seating fully into the slot and that nothing on the GPU or the board is preventing it slotting all the way in to the slot.

If all that checks out and you still have an issue see if you can try your GPU on another PC and see if the issue persists there. If so RMA the GPU, if not RMA the board. You could just keep using it in the x4 slot but you will be losing out on a little performance as well as running the risk something more serious could go wrong further down the line, after warranty is up which would suck. This is why warranty exists.

I'll test out the GPU in another machine if possible. I dont have access to another machine as all my friends are console gamers. So, I have to take my GPU to a local pc repair shop to test it or ask my IT dept at work to test it out!

Thanks for the all the help MisterJ, Xaltar and everyone else in this thread. I'll report back on my findings in few days.

-------------

Posted By: datonyb
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:23am
" rel="nofollow - do you not have an old graphics card to test the slot with ?

-------------
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:04am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

" rel="nofollow - do you not have an old graphics card to test the slot with ?

datonyb, I have a Nvidia GT 720 Wacko.

I can test my mobo/pcie slot with this.. would this card be good enough to test the slot?

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 5:23am
well its only a pcie2 but it may help see if the slot is totally bad

if it works run a benchmark like passmark and see if its comparable to other 720 cards (to test the slots bandwidth etc)

-------------

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:27pm
Holly Molly! I have interesting finds!

I am currently doing a complete testing of my rig with different components. I have got my hands on a GTX 670 and will borrow a HX850i from a buddy tomorrow. I will be testing 1080 on another PC and do another round of testing tomorrow.

So, while testing with the GTX 670 installed in PCIE2.. i experienced screen freezes(and reboots), stutters, audio stutter, random reboots and all hell! I checked GPU-Z and noticed that Bus Interface is showing PCIe x 16 3.0 @ x16 1.1 instead of PCIe x 16 3.0 @ x16 3.0. 

So changed to max performance in nvidia control panel and tried render in gpuz and benchmark but these didnt help and bus interface stayed at PCIe x 16 3.0 @ x16 1.1 . 

Re-seated GTX 670 to PCIE4 and everything worked as expected. No stutters/lag etc and bus interface is running at PCIe x 4 3.0 @ x4 3.0.

By this time i was sure that Mobo was bad and re-seated GTX1080 into PCIE2. now GPUZ reports PCIe x 16 3.0 @ x16 1.1 on 1080 too  Confused. Tried all above render/benchmart etc but still the bus stays at 1.1. I realized that I never noticed this little box in GPUZ all these days, so it might have been running at 1.1 from day 1. 

And as usual 1080 also runs normally on PCIE4 with bus interface PCIe x 4 3.0 @ x4 3.0

Tldr:

GTX670 PCIE2 - PCIe x 16 3.0 @ x16 1.1
GTX670 PCIE4 - PCIe x 4 3.0 @ x4 3.0

GTX1080 PCIE2 - PCIe x 16 3.0 @ x16 1.1
GTX1080 PCIE4 PCIe x 4 3.0 @ x4 3.0

So, bad PCIE slot?

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 3:00pm
" rel="nofollow -

So, bad PCIE slot?

Not necessarily.

Post back after you get the 850w in her.

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 3:20pm

" rel="nofollow -

So, bad PCIE slot?

Not necessarily.

I've seen GPU-z record the wrong link speed many many times. No idea why either.

Go to:
https://www.aida64.com/downloads

DL and install the latest Extreme 30 Day Trial

Up at the top of AIDA64 is "Tools', choose GPGPU Benchmark, unselect the CPU, and run.

When it finishes, either select Save at the bottom and post that pic here, OR, simply post the values under the GPU column for Memory Read and Memory Write

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:45pm

" rel="nofollow -

So, bad PCIE slot?

Not necessarily.

I've seen GPU-z record the wrong link speed many many times. No idea why either.

Go to:

Up at the top of AIDA64 is "Tools', choose GPGPU Benchmark, unselect the CPU, and run.

When it finishes, either select Save at the bottom and post that pic here, OR, simply post the values under the GPU column for Memory Read and Memory Write

Instead......

Launch GPU-z
Launch AIDA64's GPGPU Bench and watch GPU-z's Bus Interface jump to PCIe x 16 3.0 @ x16 3.0

What you're seeing is the GPU itself in power down/savings mode when displaying 1.1, and 3.0 when put under load.

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:29pm
yes was going to say the pcie speed on mine sits at 1.1 on idle and clocks up to 3 on load

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:24pm

" rel="nofollow -

So, bad PCIE slot?

Not necessarily.

Go to:

Instead......

Launch GPU-z
Launch AIDA64's GPGPU Bench and watch GPU-z's Bus Interface jump to PCIe x 16 3.0 @ x16 3.0

What you're seeing is the GPU itself in power down/savings mode when displaying 1.1, and 3.0 when put under load.
As I already mentioned, it stays at 1.1 even under load or even while running Unigine benchmark. Here's the GPU-z screen shot while aida was running and also the results of aida GPGPU benchmark.

Aida GPGPU results in text -  http://pastebin.com/ED0ezj2E" rel="nofollow - https://pastebin.com/ED0ezj2E

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:17am
" rel="nofollow - NK, what PCIe slot produced those pics?

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:21am

" rel="nofollow - NK, what PCIe slot produced those pics?

Its the PCI-E 3.0 x16 Slot (PCIE2: x16 mode) slot

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:21pm
" rel="nofollow - guys, any idea what's wrong?

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 11:38pm
have you checked in the bios and made sure pcie is set to auto and not pcie1

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 8:12am

have you checked in the bios and made sure pcie is set to auto and not pcie1

I dont think there's an option for PCIE in bios but ryzen 5 doesnt have integrated graphics so it always uses GPU

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 8:15am
Also, i tested the GPU in my friend's PC and GPUZ detected my 1080 as PCIe 3.0x 16 @ x16 3.0 which means that my ASRock AB350 Pro4 is bad and I am going to RMA it.

Also, there were no audio drops/stutters when i tested my GPU in my friend's PC, heaven benchmark is around 4500 (i7-5th gen CPU). 

Let me know if anyone thinks that my conclusion is wrong. 

Thanks everyone for being very responsive and helpful. Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 8:33am
no i meant

look in bios
my taichi has settings for pcie gen1 /pcie gen2 and pcie auto

make sure its not on pcie1 or anything stupid

(i know ryzen dosnt have integrated graphics im really not sure why you mention this Confused )

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 9:26am

no i meant

look in bios
my taichi has settings for pcie gen1 /pcie gen2 and pcie auto

make sure its not on pcie1 or anything stupid

(i know ryzen dosnt have integrated graphics im really not sure why you mention this Confused )

this is not a taichi mobo, i am using AB350 pro4 mobo and i dont see an option to select pcie1/2. the video setting has defaulted(greyed) to "Ext Graphics card(PEG).

-------------

Posted By: Ivan_83
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 5:47pm
Look inside pci-ex16, probably there is some mechanical damages or things that should not be there.

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 5:23am
Just an update to future troubleshooters.

Replaced my mobo with Asus Prime b350-plus and everything is good. RMA'ed my ASRock AB350 Pro4.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 7:35am
well its good you have a working pc now

and a shame you didnt have luck with the asrock/first board

thanks for coming back to update the thread mateClap

-------------

Posted By: Soccah123
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 1:22am
Where once they were the top (during launch) a series of unfortunate uefi updates now has Asrock leading bottom pack on hardware stability/compatibility for AM4 platform. Better off with Asus or Gigabyte, to be honest, but they come with less serious though more permanent problems (audio crackle on gigabyte and fan control on asus).  At end of the day, gamble with Asrock, or settle with Asus/Giga.  Best hardware doesn't mean much of anything unless decent software accompanies it, and Asrock is finding that out.

Posted By: ShampooCA
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 6:16pm
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by Soccah123 Soccah123 wrote:

Where once they were the top (during launch) a series of unfortunate uefi updates now has Asrock leading bottom pack on hardware stability/compatibility for AM4 platform. Better off with Asus or Gigabyte, to be honest, but they come with less serious though more permanent problems (audio crackle on gigabyte and fan control on asus).? At end of the day, gamble with Asrock, or settle with Asus/Giga.? Best hardware doesn't mean much of anything unless decent software accompanies it, and Asrock is finding that out.

Where are you getting your information?
This is completely false.
You can't rely on a few thread posts as a metric to decide that ASRock is sh*t.
Ridiculous statement.
As with any electronics there's always a chance for a lemon and issues.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net