URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6589
Printed Date: 17 Apr 2024 at 4:22am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: H110 Pro BTC+ Cannot boot with more than 9 GPU
Posted By: Brenning
Subject: H110 Pro BTC+ Cannot boot with more than 9 GPU
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:02pm
" rel="nofollow - Hi,

I'm having issues with my H110 Pro BTC+. It won't boot (don't even get BIOS) with more than 9 GPUs installed, on the 10th i get the issue, 9 works fine. I've followed the miners guide and ensured both molex plugs and the Sata connector (so 3 in total) are connected on the motherboard and are also using 3 separate cables back to the master PSU. Can anyone help? OS doesnt matter since it doesnt get that far.

Setup:
H110 pro BTC+
Intel G3930 CPU
4GB Ram
500GB Sata HDD
ATI Rx Vega 64 GPUs
3 x Corsair HX 1200 PSUs (1200 Watts each).

Is there perhaps some sort of undocumented issue with the board not supporting these cards? They require two 8pin PCI-E power connectors each, my power draw should be fine though, I have one PSU dedicated to the mother board and the other two PSUs for the GFX cards.

Replies:
Posted By: Limoubai
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 11:01pm
Hi, I have the same problem. Cannot boot even in bios, with more than 9 gpus.

Posted By: ashrafnezhad
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 2:41am
Hi,
 I have same problem with
ETHOS
8 gig ram ddr4
12 gpu rx 470 8gig sapphire

Posted By: brian.egan
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 1:44am
" rel="nofollow - Same issue here. Has anybody managed to resolve it?

Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 10:09am
It's difficult to diagnose these issues, multiple things can affect the detection of the video cards when you use ten or more. If there were simple solutions for this, we would not hesitate to tell you about them. The best I can do is offer some suggestions.

Please check the FAQ for your board, there are three topics related to mining:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110%20Pro%20BTC+/index.asp#FAQ" rel="nofollow - http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110%20Pro%20BTC+/index.asp#FAQ

Follow the instructions in the board's manual, section 2.7 PCIe Power Connector Installation Guide, very carefully:

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/H110%20Pro%20BTC+.pdf" rel="nofollow - http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/H110%20Pro%20BTC+.pdf

Clearing the UEFI/BIOS, including removing the board's battery, might help with 10+ video cards.

Be sure that the Above 4GB MMIO BIOS assignment option in the UEFI, Chipset Configuration screen, is enabled. It is by default.

Set the VT-d option, Chipset Configuration, to Disabled.

Check that all the ASPM options in Chipset Configuration are Disabled.

Set the IOAPIC 24-119 Entries option to Enabled if it is disabled.

One other possibility is the amount of DRAM memory you are using. The OS/Windows reserves some of the PC's memory for system use with hardware like video cards. The amount allocated depends on how much memory is available overall. If not enough memory is available, more cards won't be detected. Normally Windows will boot in that situation, but the card(s) won't be recognized.

Related to this is how much memory is allocated to the Intel iGPU. Set the Share Memory option, in Chipset Configuration, as low as possible. Also be sure to set the IGPU Multi-Monitor to disabled, IF you do NOT use the Intel iGPU.

Disable as much of the unused hardware you can in the UEFI. Such as, Onboard HD Audio, Onboard HDMI HD Audio, Serial Port and Parallel Port.

Do not use the Fast Boot option, keep it Disabled.

Try increasing the PCH/Chipset voltage with the PCH Voltage option, and the VCCIO Voltage in the OC Tweaker\Voltage Configuration screen.

You can file a support request with ASRock in the appropriate region. That is the Contact Technical Support for (MB/Mini PC/IPC) from this page, or the Support link at the top right of the information page for you board in your region of the world:

http://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp" rel="nofollow - http://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp

-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Zjenep
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 5:51pm
Someone else who could not use more than 9 GPUs was using "mining edition" cards without graphics output. So he had to use the iGPU to get graphics output.

Once he placed (another) graphics card with graphics output in the main PCIe slot (PCIE2) and disabled IGPU Multi-Monitor, he could suddenly use more than 9 GPUs and fill up the rest of the slots.

Posted By: dawood121
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:57am
I have the same problem, will not power on or POST with 6 GPUs. I'm disappointed with this board - it's BRAND NEW !! and it won't even post!.

Posted By: Limoubai
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 5:08am
I tried the purpose of Zjenep but it does not work. The same problem, with 9 gpus it boots (can access to the bios), with 10 gpus not (cannot access to the bios).

Please @Asrock help us!

Posted By: eodbrent
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 4:20am
Same here, but 6 GPU works, 7 freezes and load screen.

It's been almost 4 days since I submitted a support ticket as well, no response.

Posted By: fiezo
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 5:48pm
Help, i have same issue, 9 cards working fine, but when i connect 10th it stuck on ethos boot can't get to terminal. HELP

Posted By: mianusman11
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 1:48am
Same Problem facing  with  H110 Pro BTC+.
  function d_log(s) { var ev = document.createEvent('events'); ev.initEvent('heartbeat_log', true, false); document.body.setAttribute('heartbeat_attrib', s); document.dispatchEvent(ev); };

Posted By: monoroto
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 10:25am
Same here; have a H110 BTC, 8gb ram, 2 x 1200 PSUs, 6 RX580s and 4 RX570s. All 10 cards register and show up in Ethos, but will not mine. If i unplug any one card, the remaining 9 mine just fine.

Posted By: MaxMidnite
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 6:46pm
" rel="nofollow - When does AsRock plan to fix this joke?

Posted By: snoozer87
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 9:08pm
" rel="nofollow - I too am having this issue. Anybody got a fix, or just never get ASROCK again and go for b250 mining?

Posted By: ofardo
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 7:17am
" rel="nofollow - Same problem...  Asrock have solve this problem? someone else?
I have 1.6 bios and nothing

Posted By: dboghosian
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 10:43pm
Having same issue. I bought this board so I can run all 13 gpus.

All of my gpus are EVGA Gforce 1660 ti cards. Windows sees all gpus and runs great. As soon as I start mining the system crashes. Mainly the nvidia drivers crash and thus my system goes to blue screen.

After many tests, I believe some of the gpu ports on the motherboard are bad. At this moment, I am able to mine with 10 gpus without any crashes or errors showing up in event log.

I will be ordering another ASRock motherboard to see if it actually is a motherboard issue or not.

Posted By: cts6288
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:24am
I'm also having this issue and wondering if there has been a resolution? I've updated to 1.60, have 8 AMD V56s running stable with 5 I'd like to use. A #9 will boot but not stable after 1-2 hours of hashing, #10 will not start POST (or at least no onboard display nor RDP access.) I've swapped out cards and risers and tried combinations of different slots. I've changed PCIe from Auto to Gen2, and I have enough wattage to run all 1600+860. Also have an i5, 8GB RAM, and 120GB page file. Any ideas on how to get 13 AMD GPUs on this rig? After such I'll probably get a 13 1660Ti GPU rig going...

Posted By: SanFarm
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 4:37pm
I successfully run 13 GPUs in AsRock H110 Pro BTC+ for a long time.

It's not an easy handle motherboard and it took for a while for me to understand how to run it with 13 GPU. But once you set it everything correctly it runs quite good and stable.

You have to connect both power inlets (molex powwer sockets on motherboard). Otherwise there will be not enough power to run all 13 PCIE slots.

- First, Reset BIOS by removing BIOS battery (wait at least 30 seconds)
- Connect just one GPU to the x16 slot (longest one). Power up (push button on motherboard) and enter BIOS. Modify the values in BIOS as written below:

OC Tweaker\Voltage Conf:
PCH VoH: 1200 mV
VCCIO: 1200 mV

Advanced\Chipset Conf:
Above 4GB mmio: Enabled
VT-d: Disabled
All PCIE link speeds: Gen2
All ASPM Supports: Disabled
IOAPIC 24-119: Enabled
IGPU: Enabled
HD Audio: Disbaled
Reset Power Loss: power ON

-Save and exit BIOS

-Run your rig with only one GPU
- If everything seems OK (1 GPU is mining) now you can pass to stage for remaining 12 GPUs

-Restart it and enter BIOS. In Boot section disable CSM.
-Save and exit. When rebooted, cut the power before boot! (that's important)

-Now connect all GPUs to the remaining x1 slots (short ones). Check that all GPU?�risers sand power connections are provided and correct.

-Power on again and suddenly All 13 GPUs should be recognized and work without any problem.

One important point!: If number of connected GPUs drop to below 10, CSM will be enabled automatically and it will not boot. In this case you have to clear BIOS again by removing BIOS battery, wait 30 seconds and start everything from beginning.

If you let it boot with 9 or less than 9 GPU, CSM will be enabled automatically and you will not be able to run more than 9 GPU

Posted By: SanFarm
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 5:13pm
And another issue you may encounter.
This motherboard does not boot, if more than 9 GPU connected and if not a monitor is connected!
For any reason, if it's rebooted while running 9+ GPU, and if there is no monitor connection it stucks and never boot again. Even if you connect a monitor and restart it. You have to clear BIOS and start everything from scratch again.

I've tried many things to solve this problem but no avail.
Finally I found a solution: I bought a cheap monitor for a few dollars (with broken screen)and connected it to GPU0 with a HDMi cable. I keep it on stand-by mode. Now it's reboot without any problem. When rebooted it sees the standby monitor and boots successfully. Since then I never experienced any boot problem.

It's stange but works only this way.

Posted By: cts6288
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 3:29am
Originally posted by SanFarm SanFarm wrote:

And another issue you may encounter.
This motherboard does not boot, if more than 9 GPU connected and if not a monitor is connected!
For any reason, if it's rebooted while running 9+ GPU, and if there is no monitor connection it stucks and never boot again. Even if you connect a monitor and restart it.

I've learned quite a bit since posting on this a year ago. First, I can get to 13 if I boot from UEFI vs. Legacy. Problem is that every once in a while this board kicks me back to Legacy anyway.

However, to resolve your issue without a monitor, get a DVI dummy plug for a few bucks from Amazon and that will send the same signal as if a monitor is plugged in.

Posted By: feldor3
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 11:01pm
Thanks heaps for this, this info helped me solve my problem.

Posted By: Timpone324
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 2:09am
Hey Man.

Thanks for all of the great information its been very helpful. I'm just wondering if you think this is the same issue for me when im trying to add a 4th card. All works fine until i add a 4th card. IF you could give me anymore insight that would be awesome!

Posted By: Papatech
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 1:19pm
For those who still have problems with 9 GPU+ issues, here are some steps I did to ensure all is working:
  • Fix the BIOS options like in SanFarm's post.
  • Boot into Windows 10, go into Control Panel > System > Advanced Settings > Performance > Advance > Virtual Memory > Set to Manual and (Multiply all GPUs + 2) * 6000mb
  • Reboot and add in all the cards.
  • When back into Windows, check device manager if all GPUs are listed. If not, identify if you have any faulty Riser Board/1x Adapter (power off/on and check for GPU fan spin) and replace defective part.

After replacing my faulty PCIe 1x adapter, i was able to see 10 GPUs in device manager...

-------------
Always step back and look at life in a different angle... you will find your answers there.

Posted By: Psrock
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 3:37am
Go to boot menu in bios. The bottom most option is CSM, get inside it by hitting enter and disable it.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net