URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6603
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 11:22pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: [SOLVED] Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming ITX/ac + RX Vega 56
Posted By: 1d10t
Subject: [SOLVED] Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming ITX/ac + RX Vega 56
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:54am
Good day peeps.

About a week ago,my card has arrived.I bought XFX Radeon Vega 56 RX-VEGMLBFX6 8GB HBM to replace my ever-convenient Powercolor Radeon Fury X 4GB HBM.At first,everything worked as intended,but suddenly about 4-5 days ago I stuck on boot.IF i ever succeed to POST,i only got black screen on desktop.Keyboard still works (I tied my macro to a shutdown and restart command),which is indicated everything works except display.I can assure you,my GPU works fine on other motherboard and my motherboard also fine with another GPU,so whats left is between them.

My detailed spec are
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 1700 running full stock.
Motherboard Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac with latest 3.10 BIOS changing to Asrock x370 Gaming X latest BIOS 3.40
Team Delta 32GB kit DDR4 3000 TDTBD32G3000HC16CDC01 @ 2400Mhz no OC,yet.
Corsair HX750 750W 80+ Platinum
XFX Radeon Vega 56 RX-VEGMLBFX6 8GB HBM with Crimson Relive 17.11.1 Beta

I tried to flash with RX Vega 64 VBIOS to raise power limits to heavenly 220W and modded Clock State 0 Boot classification to hefty 1.2v but no luck.I might try raising VDD PCIe on motherboard but i cant find that option in UEFI.

Any suggestion will greatly appreciate.Many thanks!

Replies:
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 11:14am
UPDATE

1.Bumping RAMs to 2667 seem to do some magic,now i able to POST to desktop.Strangely enough,after successful GPU driver installation,everytime i boot i got this message box

To my knowledge,that might be earlier block chunks of memory are defect.Will do a DOS's Memtest 86 and Windows's Memtest 64 to see anything.And also,i will downgrade to Crimson 17.10.3 to see if that was a driver related.

2.Bad news (or actually a good one?).Both Memtest shows no error.Crimson 17.10.3 doesn't help at all,still got that annoying message box.While testing RAMs,i happened to test my NVMe storage,and good guess,all NAND blocks are green.And to pouring a salt in wound,my system now completely dead.Will try to swap CPU and motherboard and testing under Linux to see complete diagnostic.

3.Disaster.Now my card are dud,completely dead.Will RMA it on weekend and hope to see that girl again in 3 days.

4.Sorry forget to update.After had pretty long and rough assignment,I got my day off and i'm able to tweak again.I bought another ASRock ATX board and guess what,the system normal.What a prick.So Vega didn't go so well with Mini ITX board.Well,so much for the pain.

Thanks again folks,i've solved my problem

Posted By: datonyb
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:59pm
i had a little to chuckle to myself

not in any way demeaning you or the system

but the fact is now days our gpu cards do actually end up costing more than the cpu and the board
(which traditionally are the most expensive and importatnt parts of system)

anyways back to your problem

i had major fail issues with the previous radeon driver directly after install
im now on 17.11.1 and it is fine (the previous version circa 1 week- 10 days ago)
gave me black screen of uselessness aout 50% thru install which took several reboots to clear

im still a little baffled how increasing the ram clocks has cured this for you, unless it was co-incidential to several reboots/restarts as cured mine

well done on a vega 56 anyway (if able to get them for rrp they are a great buy)

-------------
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 10:13pm
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

i had a little to chuckle to myself

not in any way demeaning you or the system

but the fact is now days our gpu cards do actually end up costing more than the cpu and the board
(which traditionally are the most expensive and importatnt parts of system)

How about DRAM sticks?LOL!
64 gigs makes your GPU look like cheap ass crackers...

Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

anyways back to your problem

i had major fail issues with the previous radeon driver directly after install
im now on 17.11.1 and it is fine (the previous version circa 1 week- 10 days ago)
gave me black screen of uselessness aout 50% thru install which took several reboots to clear

im still a little baffled how increasing the ram clocks has cured this for you, unless it was co-incidential to several reboots/restarts as cured mine

well done on a vega 56 anyway (if able to get them for rrp they are a great buy)

TBH i'm confused myself.At stock 2400 system won't boot at all except i do clear CMOS.Set stock,save,exit and BAM!I thought it might be DRAM problem,since i can only afford this sh*tty Hynix MFR Dual ranked,but everything normal at 2666.At higher frequencies such as 2800 or 2933 my system got stuck again though,so it's kinda weird i have to live with this 2666MHz RAM clocks.Maybe my system was a devil trophy?

Revert back to Crimson 17.10.3 doesn't do anything,still had the same message.But when i swap to my older card,there's no such thing.I'm beginning to think this Vega are defect.    

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 9:59pm
" rel="nofollow - Note to ASRock engineer : Make a good ITX board would ya?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net