Forum Description: Question about ASRock Intel Motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6860
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 9:50pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Z370 Extreme4 XMP bug
Posted By: wojwen
Subject: Z370 Extreme4 XMP bug
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 6:05am
I recently bought Z370 Extreme4 mobo and after upgrading the BIOS to 1.30 XMP stopped working properly. Windows would randomly freeze (almost always after stopping a CPU benchmark). Turning off XMP profile worked and I didn't experience any crashes after that. Later I downgraded BIOS to 1.22 and again turned on XMP. After the downgrade everything was fine so I'm sure there is an issue with the newest BIOS.

My specs: 
CPU
i7-8700K
Motherboard
ASRock Z370 Extreme4
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz
GPU
MSI GeForce GTX 970 GAMING 4G
Storage
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Blue 1TB
PSU
Corsair RM650X
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro

Replies:
Posted By: talos
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 12:20pm
Thanks for sharing!  I'm encountering a very similar issue with the following specs:  8700k/Z370 Extreme 4/GSKill TridentZ RGB 3200 14 CAS 2x8Gb/Gaming X Trio 1080 Ti/Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850W.  The RAM shows the Extreme 4 on its QVL list.

I've tried every BIOS version, XMP/manual, bumping voltage to 1.4+, loosened timings; always crashes after a minute or two, guaranteed instant crash when stopping Prime95.  Sometimes it even locks up at POST.  If I drop the frequency down to 3000, however, it's completely stable.

Took the same sticks, put them in a 7600k/Z270 Extreme 4, and the XMP settings work perfectly at 3200, passing every "stop a benchmark" test I could throw at it with no trouble whatsoever.

I hope they address this soon, because I'm really wishing I'd gone with the Taichi or Gaming 7 at this point!

Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by wojwen wojwen wrote:

I recently bought Z370 Extreme4 mobo and after upgrading the BIOS to 1.30 XMP stopped working properly. Windows would randomly freeze (almost always after stopping a CPU benchmark). Turning off XMP profile worked and I didn't experience any crashes after that. Later I downgraded BIOS to 1.22 and again turned on XMP. After the downgrade everything was fine so I'm sure there is an issue with the newest BIOS.

My specs: 
CPU
i7-8700K
Motherboard
ASRock Z370 Extreme4
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz
GPU
MSI GeForce GTX 970 GAMING 4G
Storage
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Blue 1TB
PSU
Corsair RM650X
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro

This is the first report of this situation with your board and UEFI version, although it has only been available for a week.

While it might be an issue/bug, it is also possible that this occurs with your model of memory, but not others. That could still be a bug with your memory in particular.

You said that XMP stopped working, but what does enabling the XMP profile do? It applies a built in over clock of the memory speed, sets some of the memory timings as needed for that speed, and increases the DRAM voltage. When the XMP profile is not enabled, the memory is running at its stock, default speed which is easier on the memory controller.

What is really happening is your memory overclock seems to be causing Windows to freeze randomly after closing a CPU benchmark.

Yes, the previous UEFI version with XMP enabled did not seem to cause the freezing in Windows. Are you absolutely certain that the UEFI option settings you used between the previous and new UEFI versions are absolutely identical? Including manually set voltages? Any comparison between the two must be identical. Can you see any differences in the memory settings and memory related voltages between the two UEFI versions with the XMP profile enabled?

If you believe there is an issue, please file a support request with ASRock on this page, or via the support site for your region of the world:

https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp" rel="nofollow - https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Flode
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 11:37pm
Same issue hear went so nuts i went out getting new ram today.
But didnt help at all. Both 16gb ram sets dont boot with xmp settings.
System is very unstable with bios 1.3. just flashed back to 1.22 working fine again.

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 7:31pm
Hello and sorry me again,

i found out the the xmp profile on the 1.3 bios for extreme 4 board has set
vccio and vccsa way to high. was set to 1.2 and 1.25 by default xmp.

For me this was the reason why the system could not boot into windows and was unstable.

I have now set xmp profile for my ram (3200) and then manually lowered

vccio to 1.1V and vccsa to 1.15. Not the system is rock stable again ram running finally with xmp speeds corretly.

Maybe this is helping one or another of you guys.

Best regards

flode

Posted By: cybtrash
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 10:23pm
Same issues here with G.Skill RipJaws V 2x16GB (=32GB total), DDR4-3200, CL14-14-14-34 (F4-3200C14D-16GVK)

Windows freezes often when idle, the led of my keyboard goes off, screen stays on.

My
vccio was already set to 1.1. But vccsa was 1.2 so I'll try with 1.15.

If I can't resolve this I have to return the board -.-

Posted By: DocBrown
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 7:54am
" rel="nofollow - Hi,

I just registered to report the same problem.
I built my new system yesterday.
i5-8600K
16GB G.Skill Flare X 14 3200 ( F4-3200C14D-16GFX )
Z370 Extreme 4
GTX 1080
Win 10

The board came with 1.10 and I flashed 1.30 immediately. Didn't know that it could be unstable, downloaded newest BIOS from official site.

After installing Win 10 and everything, I went back to the UEFI and set XMP Profile from "Auto" to "Profile 1".
After like 3-5 minutes in Windows, the system froze.
Setting it back to "Auto", which makes my expensive RAM run with 2400Mhz, and everything is stable since then.

Since my system is brand new, I didn't toy with any voltage settings in the UEFI at all.

There seems to be something wrong with 1.30 and XMP Profiles.
I didn't buy "3200-14-14-14-34" RAM to let it run at "2400-16-16-16-39".

Is is possible to roll back to an older BIOS version without any issues?
How fast will this be fixed? I have like 10 days left on my return policy.

Oh, and PS: I really like ASRock Boards. I had a P67 Pro3 and after that, for many years, a Z77 Extreme4 with which I was very satisfied. Both served my good old Sandy Bridge well for many years.
I wanted to be loyal, read some impressions of the Extreme4 and went with it.

Hopefully this can be fixed.

best regards
Doc

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 8:22am
Me again.

I tried the suggestion here from Flode.

Loaded XMP Profile 1 and went to Voltage settings and set VCCIO to 1.10 and VCCSA to 1.15.

Windows booted and I just ran a few minutes of custom/448-4096K/12000MB/not in place Prime95 run and it worked, no errors, did not freeze.

So it pretty much must be those voltages.

Hey ASRock, thank us later for finding that out for you ;)

<3

Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 10:39am
These posts seem to confirm the issue. I say "seem" only because it is unusual for an issue to apply 100% of the time when there are hardware variables involved. The variables here are different models of memory, with differing OC speeds applied by the XMP profile.

Enabling the XMP profile causes an automatic increase in the VCCIO and VCCSA voltages. That is not caused by the XMP profile itself, but the code in the UEFI. That is a standard adjustment when over clocking memory, it normally enhances stability.

The interesting thing here is, all three users posting about this issue are using 3200 speed memory. My guess is the voltage values used for VCCIO and VCCSA when the XMP profile is enabled is simply one voltage value, regardless of the memory OC speed.

A memory OC of 3200 is not a very high memory over clock relative to Intel Z370 and Z270 boards and the Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake processor's memory controllers. Memory over clocks for Z370 and some Z270 systems of over 4000 are possible. The high VCCIO and VCCSA voltages are more appropriate for use with memory over clocks over ~3600.

The purpose of the high VCCIO and VCCSA voltages applied when the XMP profile is enabled is to insure (as much as possible) a memory OC will POST successfully. As we see with CPU over clocks, more VCore is needed, but too much is unnecessary and we reduce it to an appropriate value.

The problem is all users are not aware of the need to configure the VCCIO and VCCSA voltages with memory over clocks. The memory OC potential of the memory controller is also a factor. The compromised solution is to set them on the high side.

VCCIO and VCCSA voltages also  tend to be "sweet spot" type voltages, the optimum values need to be dialed in for the memory being used, and the OC speed. Increasing them worked with memory over clocks, but too much was not known to cause stability issues, at least with Z270 systems.

My ASRock Z270 board's UEFI also set the VCCIO and VCCSA voltages higher than was needed with my G.SKILL 3600 memory. But I did not experience any of the freezing issues described here. talos reported the same experience with his Z270 system. I am surprised that reducing those voltages caused the freezing to stop, given past experience. I'm glad that it did. It seems things have changed with the memory controllers in Coffee Lake processors.

FYI, you can check the actual applied VCCIO and VCCSA voltages in the H/W Monitoring screen in the UEFI, and in Windows with programs such as HWiNFO64. My point is the actual/resulting voltage tends to be a bit more than the value entered for either option, according to the readings. You might want to select a slightly lower value for the option, to achieve a perfect result for your memory.

-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 11:30am
I fully understand that those variables are important for overclocking memory also 3600 and 4000 speeds.

But the issue here is people expect to select a XMP profile and then the system "should" be somewhat stable and not crashing.

It took me some headache to find out these values were to high for my system and caused the trouble. I also spent 200 bucks for a new memory kit because i thought the old one caused the problem.

And yes actual voltage seems to be higher i set vccio 1.1 and it shows 1.12 in hwinfo. Same with vccsa.

Best regards

flode

Posted By: donatuss
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 2:31am
I just wanted to thank Flode for the solution, I had the same problem (ASRock Exterem4 Z370, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3200MH) - reducing the voltage works

Posted By: Gilph
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 9:24am
HI, I can also verify that reducing the VCCIO and VCCSA voltage works and gets rid of the Windows 10 hangs. I am using G. Skill F4-3600c16-8GVK. Dropped the voltages to 1.12 and 1.17, respectively. Thanks to Flode from me also.

edit: I really need to learn to type

Posted By: ppeetoom
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 5:40am
Same problem and working solution:

- Asrock Z370 Extreme4
- 2x8Gb Patriot 3200Mhz PV416G320C6K
- Intel i3-8100
- Ubuntu 17.10

Hangs up system every few hours, needs reboot. Though strangely error-less and solid in Memtest86+.

Lowering the before mentioned voltages makes it solid as a rock at XMP profile.

@Flode : you are THE man. Thanks

Posted By: DatIntelBoi
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 10:20am
Thank you Flode! This worked like a charm.

-------------
Sincerely, DatIntelBoi.

Posted By: hansi12
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 12:16am
reducing helped me too get rid of mem errors

Posted By: sciboot
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 6:49pm
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by Gilph Gilph wrote:

HI, I can also verify that reducing the VCCIO and VCCSA voltage works and gets rid of the Windows 10 hangs. I am using G. Skill F4-3600c16-8GVK. Dropped the voltages to 1.12 and 1.17, respectively. Thanks to Flode from me also.

edit: I really need to learn to type
My system specs:
Intel Core i7 7700K @ stock 
ASRock z270 Extreme4 bios P2.30
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB F4-3200C16D-32GVK (16GBx2)

I dropped mine to 1.02V and 1.07V(same as yours but i took out a 1 and added a 0) and it seems to have stabilized XMP 3200 like the rest of you have reported. It would freeze within 20 seconds of me starting a game but that no longer happens so it must be fixed. Also should I increase my voltage or since its working fine should I just leave it alone? Its actually hard to even get the board to boot to even check out what the bios set them to when XMP was enabled so I just kind of set it to that to see what it would do.

Also thank you flode! 

Posted By: stax
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 1:58pm
" rel="nofollow - Hi everyone, I am using Mainboard ASROCK Z370 Pro4 updated to latest BIOS 1.5 with Intel I3-8100
I have this RAM VENGEANCE® RGB DDR4 DRAM 3000 MHz C15 (1x8GB)

The XMP profile auto setting makes my PUBG PC 1.0 games always crash. ArcheAge also crashes. Even Dota 2 crashes too every 5-10 mins with FPS 200+

I have tried to set VCCIO to 1.1V and VCCSA to 1.15 but it no works. 
I've also tried ASRock_TSD's advice here but no work also. http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6684&title=z370-extreme4-xmp-issues-other-mobo-issues

However, the game runs perfectly at default SPD Speed with auto setting at 2133 MHZ.

I don't know much about these overclocking stuff. Maybe you guys can help.
Please help me how to do the setting to run my RAM at 3000 MHZ.

Thank you.

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 6:57am
Things first, 3000Mhz memory is OC and not guaranteed to work out of the box.

1 stick of memory has to go in slot A2 i believe.
Do load the XMP profile, but manually refine it.
Start with a safe setting that is stable and work your way up.
Lowering the mem clock may help. It may also be possible to lower timings to counter the negative effect. Or do vice versa, raise them.
Raise voltages of VCCSA or VDIMM
Lower the CPU clock or cache clock may help.

Im sure 3000mhz memory is easy to achieve, even on an "entry" board like this.

Make sure you run prime95 and memtest a bit to make sure your system is stable. These tests are good.

Posted By: WR07
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 7:15am
Just registered this account to say the Flode solution worked for me. 

I had been pulling my hair out trying to get my setup to work at 3200MHz but kept getting hit with complete freeze-ups at seemingly random times. Thanks to Flodes solution not only have I been able to run my ram at 3200MHz but I'm also able to maintain a 4.5GHz overclock on the CPU as well -- something I hadn't been able to do before.

Just to reiterate -- my problem was fixed by entering the BIOS and selecting XMP Profile 1 for 3200MHz, then I went to advanced settings and manually edited the voltage settings of VCCIO to 1.1V and VCCSA to 1.15V. 

For reference, my build is as follows:
-CPU: Intel i7-8700k
-Memory: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600), Model F4-3200C14D-16GTZR
-Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4 (obviously)
-Storage: Samsung 850 Evo - 500gb
-GFx Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC
-PSU: EVGA G2 850W

I'll be running some more stress tests on the setup but it seems to be holding quite well. I cannot thank Flode and this community enough.  I'll make sure to report back here if I run into any problems. (knock on wood)

Posted By: Gaara
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 6:31am
Adjusting VCCIO and VCCSA voltages also seems to have worked for my recently built 8700K system. Still need to run a more thorough test to be sure, but no problems for about an hour now. Before, Windows would freeze up within 5 minutes of boot when using the XMP profile. Worked fine at Auto setting with much lower speed and higher timings.

Unfortunately, I was not aware of this solution 3 weeks ago and spent a lot of time and stress troubleshooting/sending in the G.Skill RAM (Model F4-3200C14D-16GTZKW, which has the Extreme4 listed on the G.Skill QVL) for RMA only for the replacement sticks to behave exactly the same with this mobo. First ASRock product I've ever owned and I already regret it.

Posted By: WR07
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 8:14am
Just wanted to chime back in 2 days after discovering this fix to say the problem has not reoccurred since applying the changes Flode sugguested. I have run MemTest86+ and Prime95 for hours to help confirm.

I've been playing around with the settings since then and have actually been able to overclock my 8700k to 5.0GHz comfortably at 1.35V with idle temperatures hovering between 27-35C. I can go over the settings if there's any interest? 

It's crazy to think that just 2 days ago I was struggling just to keep this PC from freezing every 15 minutes. Anyway, thanks again to Flode -- because of you I am now able to fully enjoy my first PC build. Smile

Posted By: JXN8
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 12:21pm
Thanks for the fix Flode - I was seeing the same thing on my new board with an 8600k (no overclocking yet) while using 2x8GB 3200MHz G-Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZB.  I was crashing after about two minutes on any 3D app running the 1.10 BIOS out of the box.  1.10V and 1.15V did not work for me but 1.02V and 1.07V did after I flashed it to 1.30.  I just replaced my ASRock Extreme4 Z77 and it ran like a tank for the last 5 years.  Fix it soon ASRock, I've been bragging on you for a while now!

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 4:48pm
Hmm i have been able to increase VCCSA to something like 1,32V to Support 3700Mhz RAM. But my VCCIO is at 1,15V.
I initially had Problems but it appears that VCCSA wasnt the cause.

Posted By: sciboot
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by JXN8 JXN8 wrote:

Thanks for the fix Flode - I was seeing the same thing on my new board with an 8600k (no overclocking yet) while using 2x8GB 3200MHz G-Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZB.  I was crashing after about two minutes on any 3D app running the 1.10 BIOS out of the box.  1.10V and 1.15V did not work for me but 1.02V and 1.07V did after I flashed it to 1.30.  I just replaced my ASRock Extreme4 Z77 and it ran like a tank for the last 5 years.  Fix it soon ASRock, I've been bragging on you for a while now!
I had to up my voltages to the recommended 1.1(1.096V in bios) 1.15(1.14V in bios) because I had my computer bsod after like 4 days uptime and at idle "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050" The ASRock bios actually sets the voltages just a bit higher so I set them a bit lower and then its almost spot on. So those lower voltages may be slightly too low at least on my board which is a gen older Z270 Extreme4. After I set them up higher I then ran 4 passes with memtest86 and no errors within 5 hours of testing. Of course it was stable before but eventually showed signs on instability days later but hopefully its finally stable. I will update here if it crashes again.

Posted By: JXN8
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 10:26pm
" rel="nofollow - [URL=][/URL]I would definitely disable the "Multicore Enhancement" feature. Mine is idling around 28c and spiking up over 90c with a Corsair H100 on Prime 95.The Coffee Lake is an inherently hot chip. What temps are you guys seeing?

Posted By: wims80
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 9:46pm
I went quite a bit lower than that with my Corsair Vengeance 3200cl16 (Hynix a-die). I went for 0.95v VCCIO and 1.05v VCCSA and it seems to be running just fine at XMP speed

Posted By: DeeJay
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 7:18pm

Hello everyone,

Just registered to post my thanks to Flode for the solution.

Mine is a newly build machine with 8700K, Z370 Extreme 4, and G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-16GTZR (I didn't want the RGB, but those were much cheaper than the GTZ version...) 

After getting all the components and putting them together, the first thing I did was boot to BIOS and update to the latest available version. All seemed fine, and Windows installed on the new nVME drive without any issues.

Then the problems started! I got exactly the same problem as in the first few posts in this topic - the machine would boot to Windows, and will run some tests/benches, but will freeze when left to idle or immediately after stopping say Prime95 (9 out of 10 times). 
That got me pulling out quite some hair, and I even got a replacement memory kit from the supplier, but it experienced exactly the same issue, so apparently all this was not due to a defective ram kit. Then after a few days of searching I came to this topic and that solved my problem!!!

My VCCIO and VCCSA voltages were set to 1.2 and 1.25 respectively after activating the memory XMP profile. As my XMP profile is at a bit higher speeds than the one in the original post -  I lowered them both with just 0.1 to 1.1 and 1.15, and the machine is now rock stable! No matter what benches I throw at it or how long I leave it to idle!

So the problem appears to happen with various ram modules certified for various XMP speeds, so maybe the new memory controllers just don't need that much voltage as older ones!!!

n.b. I have not clocked the CPU itself (other than the memory controller) - as I was trying to see if everything will just work together at the 'default' speeds it was sold to support.

Cheers!

Posted By: tshearman
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 11:01pm
I was running into the same problem on a new build.  This fixed it

specs
i7-8700k
asrock z370 extreme 4
G.Skill trident Z RGB 32 G model f4-3200c16q-32gtzr
corsair h100i v2
zotac 1080ti

Thanks for the help guys, hopefully this get patched in new bios updates.  I was on the verge of sending back the ram and buying non OC'ed stick.

Posted By: slimSpencer
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 3:38am
" rel="nofollow - hello,

i just registered here to tell you that i had the same problem with my Extreme4/8700k and also fixed it by lowering voltages. Got Crucial B. Elite 2x8GB@3000 and set even lower voltages. I also sent a message to Asrock directly by using the previously mentionend contact form:

"
Freeze under load due to wrong voltages set by EFI

System freezes at heavy load when using Memory XMP-profile and leaving voltages at 'auto'. The voltages seem to be too high at 'auto'-settings!
I fixed the problem by manually entering the following, lower voltages:
- VCCST    1.00
- VCCPLL 1.00
- VCCIO 0.95
- VCCSA 1.05

system is stable with these settings @XMP-3000.

Other user have the same problem and also fixed it by lowering voltages, see: http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6860&title=z370-extreme4-xmp-bug

please pass this info to your HQ.

"

best regards

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 7:08pm
" rel="nofollow - Hey,

new BIOS 1.4 out today!

http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z370%20Extreme4/index.asp#BIOS

I'm not a home for the weekend, i'd love to test this and if a fix for the XMP Voltage bug has been included but unfortunately i cant.

Can anyone who has expierenced this error as well test the new bios please with stock settings?

I try to test on Monday.

Best Regards

flode

Posted By: wond1r
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 9:32am
I'm unable to test as well but seeing as the BIOS notes state

1. Update CPU Microcode to revision 80
2. Improve memory compatibility 

I can only imagine the memory compatibility has it fixed. Interested to see if anyone can test and post results

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:38pm
I already updated it and it DOESNT fix that. 

Shame on you AsRock for still not fixing this. 

Posted By: urkal
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 7:51pm
I would get freezes on my OC while it's rock stable with OCCT software.

I manually changed all the voltages to the settings below and it stopped all freezes. Copy all my settings except DRAM voltage and CPU core voltage.

Might want to lower VCCIO and VCCSA depending on your overclock. I'm running at 5.1 GHZ and 4200mhz on ram.

You can reproduce the freezing with OCCT software pretty fast. If it doesn't freeze for 10 mins you're good.

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 7:11pm
" rel="nofollow - Hello together,

i updated yesterday to 1.4 and i can confirm that the problem with to high voltage for vccio and vccsa when applying xmp profile on the extreme4 has not been fixed by Asrock.

Which is kind of sad cause this thread here got a lot of views and people responding here reportig the same problem.

Asrock please start careing about your customers!

Did anyone of you got a reaction from Asrock officials?

Thanks and have a nice day,

flode

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Flode Flode wrote:

" rel="nofollow - Hello together,

i updated yesterday to 1.4 and i can confirm that the problem with to high voltage for vccio and vccsa when applying xmp profile on the extreme4 has not been fixed by Asrock.

Which is kind of sad cause this thread here got a lot of views and people responding here reportig the same problem.

Asrock please start careing about your customers!

Did anyone of you got a reaction from Asrock officials?

Thanks and have a nice day,

flode
Damn that's not very good, Ii was waiting to try it out myself tomorrow hoping 1.40 fixes it but i guess ill just try out your manual method of adjusting vccio to 1.1 and vccsa to 1.15. Hope they release another BIOS that will have the issue fixed for the people who can't find this thread and are going through the headache figuring it out.

Posted By: yakuman
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 1:25am
I have a similar problem with my Z370 Taichi on BIOS 1.30 and 1.40 and seem to recall the XMP Profile 1 recognized my 2666 RAM on BIOS 1.20 before....but I don't have any issues with high VCCIO and VCCSA numbers.  Manually entering the frequency works, but the other latency numbers are higher than native specs if everything else is left on Auto, making them non-optimized.  I don't know what numbers to input in those other hundreds of fields to correctly adjust nor should I; that's the point of XMP to begin with.  I don't want to mess with guessing what numbers to enter as it keeps crashing and won't even load the UEFI screen after saving the settings & rebooting the PC.

Update: After troubleshooting with ASRock support, I discovered one of my RAM modules failed to reach 2666 at its advertised timings.  The other one was fine, so it's a hardware problem on my sideDead

Posted By: techdiver
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 3:51pm
" rel="nofollow - Just registered here say that I too am experiencing the same issue. I was so relieved to find this thread. I had built a new system last week using the Z370 Extreme4 with the i7 8700k and Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8 GB).

I started experiencing these random freezes whilst the system was idle. I had changed the ram to XMP Profile in the bios. I was initially running 1.1 but updated to 1.4 and as everything reverted to default in the bios the issue seemed fixed. I then went and readjusted my settings in the bios to the previous (custom fan speed and xmp etc) and the issue returned.

It was then I did some specific googling and found this. Amazes this hasn't been fixed by asrock as of yet? Do they even monitor these forums?

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by techdiver techdiver wrote:

" rel="nofollow - Just registered here say that I too am experiencing the same issue. I was so relieved to find this thread. I had built a new system last week using the Z370 Extreme4 with the i7 8700k and Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8 GB).

I started experiencing these random freezes whilst the system was idle. I had changed the ram to XMP Profile in the bios. I was initially running 1.1 but updated to 1.4 and as everything reverted to default in the bios the issue seemed fixed. I then went and readjusted my settings in the bios to the previous (custom fan speed and xmp etc) and the issue returned.

It was then I did some specific googling and found this. Amazes this hasn't been fixed by asrock as of yet? Do they even monitor these forums?
Probably not very actively, Did you attempt to fix your issue by adjusting the VCCIO and VCCSA as suggested by Flode on page 1? thats pretty much the only thing you can do now unless they push out another bios update including that fix.

Posted By: urkal
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 6:34pm
Looks like the main reason I don't freeze is because of using offset voltage instead of fixed voltage and lowering Cache ratio.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by wond1r wond1r wrote:

Probably not very actively, Did you attempt to fix your issue by adjusting the VCCIO and VCCSA as suggested by Flode on page 1? thats pretty much the only thing you can do now unless they push out another bios update including that fix.

I hadn't got a chance to test that yet. I will do so this evening when I'm home and report back. Cheers.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by urkal urkal wrote:

Looks like the main reason I don't freeze is because of using offset voltage instead of fixed voltage and lowering Cache ratio.
Yeah, that would be why I wonder if AsRock ever plans to fix it

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 11:20pm
Made the changes to the RAM voltage suggested by Flode. So far it seems rock solid. Many thanks to Flode for his work. My machine is now stable.

Even have it OC'd to 5GHz with 50 millivolt offset. So far everything is rock solid. Using an air cooler and keeping temperatures around 75 or 76 under load.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 11:51pm

Made the changes to the RAM voltage suggested by Flode. So far it seems rock solid. Many thanks to Flode for his work. My machine is now stable.

Even have it OC'd to 5GHz with 50 millivolt offset. So far everything is rock solid. Using an air cooler and keeping temperatures around 75 or 76 under load.
That's awesome I still really hope AsRock pushes out a bios with a fix for the issue because I can only imagine there will be 100s if not 1000s of people who will either never figure this out or will replace the board with another manufacturers 

Posted By: XinaCircle
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:27am
Glad I found this thread. Just built my first pc:
Asrock z370 extreme 4
Intel i7 8700k
2x 8gb G.skill ripjaws V 3200mhz ddr4
MSI Geforce GTX 1080
Samsung 850 evo 500gb ssd
Windows 10

The system ran fine at stock ram speed of 2133mhz. But trying to use the xmp profile I ran into the following problems:

-System hangup anywhere from 10 seconds to 3 minutes after startup. No mouse or keyboard response.

-No mouse response in bios

-shutting down in Windows would turn the monitor off but the tower would stay on indefinitely until you hood down the power button.

-mouse and or keyboard would shut off completely, no more backlight.

-bios would revert to stock ram speed on its own

I used Flodes suggested settings and haven't had an issue since! Thank you!

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 9:52pm
" rel="nofollow - Guys, I don't see the 1.40 BIOS on the ASRock page anymore.
Kind of glad that I didn't update yet, I suppose? Maybe it was rushed?

System runs fine since early December with Flode's "fix" btw.

Posted By: Cata79
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:01pm
1.4 was taken down because Intel f***d up big time with spectre patch (random reboots)

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:36pm
Then I think I am lucky I didn't update to 1.40.

Posted By: Abula
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:42pm
I had a very similar issue, although not with the Z370 Extreme Pro4 but with the Z370 Taichi, but i builded around 15th of january and installed P1.4 from initial boot.

Motherboard: Asrock Z370 Taichi
CPU: Intel i7 8700K (delided)
Memory: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz DIMM F4-3200C14D-32GTZR
GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti Strix
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 750W
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
HDD: WD RED 3TB

I had the random freezing for a week, but i did try other memory 2133 and still had the issue, mine did with xmp or not also.  I since have reverted to P1.3 and i havent experience a full freeze yet, but it seems its not fixed fully, as i do get some time the busy cursor signal not doing anything, just it doesnt reach to a freeze.  

Ill be doing FLODE suggestion on chaning the voltages on the vccio/vccsa to see if its fixes it for me.  Hope asrock test this issues for a future bios update for the Extreme4 and Taichi.

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:44pm
To be sure, I would also clear cmos (short the jumper), especially after a UEFI downgrade.
Just to be sure.

clear cmos (turn off, short the jumper with screwdriver/jumper)
go to uefi and load defaults

start from there, load XMP, manually lower VA and IO.

Posted By: eballen
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 1:13pm
I was about to rip my hair out.. I too have a z370 extreme 4 board and my ram is G Skills Ripjaws V 2x8gb (with a 3200 xmp profile) and I was having random freezes.  Mine are veeery random though, and don't have a particular pattern.

Anyway, on 1.3 and 1.4 I've been having these random freezing issues. (I'm still on 1.3) Decided to try that Flode guys voltage fix.  The issue with my freezes is that they're so random that I can't force one.. so I won't know if its actually fixed for quite some time.  If I don't experience a freeze over the next few days, I'll assume the issue has been resolved.

Wish me luck! I'll update this post with my results. 

Update:

So no freezing thus far.  I even managed to finish my backups, which kept freezing but don't now.  Changing the VCCIO to 1.10 and VCCSA to 1.15 actually managed to work successfully.

Thanks again for the veeeery helpful tip Flode!

Posted By: cchant00
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 3:44am
Registered just to say that I've been having this same issue and I'm excited to try these settings when I get home.. thanks!!!

Posted By: Shininggod
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 3:57am
" rel="nofollow -
Did anyone had this issue try different memory slots?

(Long story below), for my mobo, A1 will cause issue, A2, B1, B2 will work.

IDK if it is a memory slot issue or defective or whatever, i ship my mobo back to replacement (to vendor, not AsRock RMA) 

I bought AsRock Extreme4 z370 from NewEgg, arrived last Friday.
*The memory is GSkill F4-3600C16D-16GTZ, GSkill list this mobo in QVL, although AsRock didn't

I'd say it is the same issue, once XMP is enabled, it will not boot.
I tried everything i can think, even bought a magnifier just to check bent pin. 

Because it works fine without XMP profile, so I never bother to try to switch slot.
Somehow me gone crazy yesterday, and I switched it.... then discovered the whole sh1t.

This is the voltage setting when A1 is inserted:
https://i.imgur.com/t7B8T6c.png
https://i.imgur.com/t7B8T6c.png" rel="nofollow - https://i.imgur.com/t7B8T6c.png

This is the voltage setting when A1 is NOT inserted:
https://i.imgur.com/LzRNTL8.png
https://i.imgur.com/LzRNTL8.png" rel="nofollow - https://i.imgur.com/LzRNTL8.png

*VCCSA is 1.25 from auto, accidentally typed it again

The reason is A1 reads incorrect setting, cause unknown.
But it still won't boot even i copy the working setting over

Also there were a few weird things for the package. 
(So i didn't do the MIB, luckily I can do the replacement because of that..)
There is no seal of any kind on the box nor the mobo bag.
And the bios version is already the latest 1.3 (let's omit 1.4 for now).

Bios version is ok, but i never had any Asus mobo box came with no seal at all.
Is this normal for AsRock mobo?

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 10:37am
I've only got two ram sticks so they're in A2 and B2.  But, if you're noticing weird VCCSA and VCCIO voltages, just change them.  If A1 lowers the voltages, higher them.  VCCIO should be 1.1 or so (at least for me at 3200 xmp) and VCCSA should be about 1.15.

Posted By: DomoSapienXD
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 4:09pm
" rel="nofollow - I'm having this issue with 2x8 Viper 3200's.

I had G.Skill Tridents about a week ago but the motherboard completely crapped out on me. I got the replacement Z370 Extreme4 and ended up discovering that one of my RAM sticks was bad. Instead of waiting another bloody week waiting for new parts, I'm refunding the sticks and just bought these Vipers (PV416G320C5K) and I can't get XMP to work. Nor with Flode's suggestion.

With my original G.Skill's, I was able to just toggle XMP and run with whatever stuff was automatically set, however, I was upgraded to 1.4.

I did notice that once I got this replacement board, 1.4 was gone.

So, my new board is 1.3 and I can't XMP. What do? :c

They're in A2+B2 and seated properly.

EDIT: This is what everything is set at by default without XMP.

DRAM Voltage: 1.350V/Auto
DRAM Activating Power Supply: 2.500V/Auto
PCH +1.0 Voltage: 1.000V/Auto
VCCIO: 0.950V/Auto
VCCST: 1.000V/Auto
VCCSA: 1.050V/Auto
VCCPLL: 1.200V/Auto

When it comes to computer knowledge, as an A+ Technician, RAM is a foggy area for me, no less the topic of voltages as well.

I'm not sure if these voltages seem too high or too low and what to bump up or down.

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 7:58pm
" rel="nofollow - Without XMP those voltages seem normal.. I guess.

The XMP on my ram is 3200 as well, but I have 2x8gb G Skill Ripjaws V. 

My voltages with XMP turned on are:

DRAM Voltage: 1.350v/Auto
DRAM Activating PS: 2.500v/Auto
PCH +1.0 Voltage: 1.000v/Auto
VCCIO: 1.100v/Manual
VCCST: 1.150v/Auto(?)
VCCSA: 1.150v/Manual
VCCPL: 1.200v/Auto

Those voltages work for me.. before, with XMP VCCIO was 1.2v and VCCSA was 1.25v.  But that caused random freezing for me.  Altered them like the guy on page one said, and it works brilliant.

Posted By: rico
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 7:07pm
If anyone here wants to try out the 1.4 BIOS (now pulled from support site) just take a look at the link for the 1.3 BIOS: ftp://europe.asrock.com/BIOS/1151/Z370%20Extreme4%281.30%29ROM.zip" rel="nofollow - ftp://europe.asrock.com/BIOS/1151/Z370%20Extreme4(1.30)ROM.zip

Now guess how one might find 1.4, eh?

Hint: ftp://europe.asrock.com/BIOS/1151/Z370%20Extreme4%281.40%29ROM.zip" rel="nofollow - ftp://europe.asrock.com/BIOS/1151/Z370%20Extreme4(1.40)ROM.zip

-------------
Z170 Gaming K6+, i7-6700K (stock coz >4GHz anyways), 16 GB G.Skill 3400MHz (F4-3400C16-8GTZ)

Posted By: Animalm4st3r
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 7:31pm
Sorry not gonna use the 1.4 unless it is properly released. also i got already 1.5 for my taichi ;)

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by rico rico wrote:

If anyone here wants to try out the 1.4 BIOS (now pulled from support site) just take a look at the link for the 1.3 BIOS: ftp://europe.asrock.com/BIOS/1151/Z370%20Extreme4%281.30%29ROM.zip" rel="nofollow - ftp://europe.asrock.com/BIOS/1151/Z370%20Extreme4(1.30)ROM.zip

Now guess how one might find 1.4, eh?

Hint: ftp://europe.asrock.com/BIOS/1151/Z370%20Extreme4%281.40%29ROM.zip" rel="nofollow - ftp://europe.asrock.com/BIOS/1151/Z370%20Extreme4(1.40)ROM.zip

Don't tell people to try that.. there's a small chance that version can cause bricking, due to a change in the microcode for the Spectre/Meltdown issues.

Why do you think they removed it in the first place, dude?  That, and because it was fairly unstable and had a wealth of other problems.

Posted By: rico
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 9:40pm
Meh, it's just an option for people with currently unstable systems anyway. As always, caveat emptor.

FYI, ASRock haven't exactly done a great job "removing" it either.

-------------
Z170 Gaming K6+, i7-6700K (stock coz >4GHz anyways), 16 GB G.Skill 3400MHz (F4-3400C16-8GTZ)

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 5:09am
for me flodes solution helped despite the fact that my voltages actually were to low

Posted By: Abula
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 11:57pm
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by Animalm4st3r Animalm4st3r wrote:

Sorry not gonna use the 1.4 unless it is properly released. also i got already 1.5 for my taichi ;)
Were did you get 1.5 for the taichi, i only see 1.3 on the website?

Btw i fixed my issue on Z370 Tiachi, at the end was not the voltages but was the CPU, something in the deliding affected the CPU, with a new 8700K is completly stable with the stock vccio/vccsa with xmp enable on the G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz DIMM F4-3200C14D-32GTZR.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 3:06am
Got it from Asrock cause i needed the HotSwap feature of the 2 Sata ports that are controlled by an onborad chip disabled and the bios does not offer an option to do so

Posted By: lisurwis
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 12:18am
" rel="nofollow - Hello, i have problem with the xmp profile, when xmp starts the computer does not want to run, it only reboots twice. What can this be because? The memories that I have are one list of services. Below is the specification:

i7 8700k
2x8GB Patriot Viper (PV416G320C6K)

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 10:15pm
" rel="nofollow - New BIOS out any word if they include changes for XMP Preset?

Posted By: alchemist83
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 3:54am
Originally posted by lisurwis lisurwis wrote:

" rel="nofollow - Hello, i have problem with the xmp profile, when xmp starts the computer does not want to run, it only reboots twice. What can this be because? The memories that I have are one list of services. Below is the specification:

i7 8700k
2x8GB Patriot Viper (PV416G320C6K)

Pretty sure this topic is all about your issue. If you read at least 3 posts in, you will find a solution....

-------------
alchemist83

Posted By: alchemist83
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 3:57am
Originally posted by wond1r wond1r wrote:

" rel="nofollow - New BIOS out any word if they include changes for XMP Preset?

Clap Yep all - 1.6 version BIOS is out! However doesnt tell us anything about it - just says CPU microcode Update. Nothing more. Can someone test and report back? I would but my MB is RMA current....

-------------
alchemist83

Posted By: Cata79
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 3:13pm
no changes about those 2 voltages, same crap.

Posted By: GBreezy612
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 11:43am
I updated the bios and XMP was still at the same settings as before. At this time I went back to my old settings and set ram to 3200 and it froze. I lowered the VCCIO and VCCSA per Flode and the PC has been stable. This setting is with the XMP profile on at DRAM setings. 

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 10:34pm
" rel="nofollow - New bios 1.61 beta, someone tested?

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 11:23pm
Bios 1.6 tested no fix, i think they are not even aware of this problem or they just dont give a .

Bios 1.61 Beta not tested yet, but Changelog doesn't mention anything, will test this evening maybe.

BTW running with manually changed VVCIO/VCCSA to 1.1 both perfectly stable XMP Profile 3200 @BIOS 1.6

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 1:06am
adjust your voltages manually and you should be fine.

Posted By: Matthias R.
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 2:44pm
" rel="nofollow - [URL=][/URL]Good morning,

I recently built my first proper System,

I7 8700k
Z370 extreme 4
Gskill Ripjaw v 3200 16GB (2PC) (Slots A2+B2)
GTX1080
Seasonic prime 650W PSU

Of course I´m having the XMP issue, but none
of the Adjustments here suggested works for me.
Even with a complety untouched Bios and a clean Windows install the System freeze within Seconds/Minutes.

Only way to get it stable was setting VCCIO 1.10, VCCST 1.05, VCCSA 1.15,
but of course only at 2333mhz without XMP.
If I change any of these values by only a margin the system doesn´t even boot and I have to do a CMOS reset.

Setting up the timings and mhz manually, PC won´t boot..... CMOS reset

Tried 3000mhz/28.../26.. etc.
Tried every available Bios version.
It´s quite frustrating.
It run´s perfectly with 2333mhz, rocksolid etc, but It kinda feels like driving a 1000HP Bugatti with only 800HP :-) It´s great, but it could be better.

Do you guys have any suggestions ?
Any help would be appreciated.

Greetings from Germany

Matthias

Posted By: przemciupol
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 3:50pm
" rel="nofollow - I had the same issuse with Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz Vengeance LED RGB CL18 CMR16GX4M2C3600C18 B-Die.

After loading up XMP Settings system booted up, but my computer freezes after 20-30 seconds. I have tried to set memory timings manually: 18-19-19-39-58 and set DRAM Voltage to 1.35 V. But after thaht computer couldn't boot up. All I can do is to enable XMP profile and set memory to maximum 2800 MHz. Anything above that makes my system freeze. I was very angry with this. But on Overclock.net forum AlphaC send me link to this thread and give me advice about vccio and vccsa bug.

Thanks to him I have reduce  VCCIO do 1.1V and VCCSA to 1.15V and now my system is stable at 3600 MHz DDR4. But what about VCCST set to 1.25V and VCCPLL set to 1.2 V. Should I reduce voltages on those also?

My specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700K (no overclock)
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4 (1.60 BIOS)
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8 GB Gaming Z
Memory: 16GB Corsair 3600MHz CMR16GX4M2C3600C18
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB; Crucial 525 GB; Crucial 275 GB
Sound Card: AIM SC808
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2 Platinum
Wireless Card: TP-Link Archer T9UH V1

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 2:37pm
" rel="nofollow - new bios update 1.80, someone tested?

Posted By: stax
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 10:23pm

Mine Z370 Pro4 tested 1.9 and 2.0 with "Improve memory compatibility.". Nothing is fixed.
However, I can run my RAM stable at 2800 (somehow 2933 does not work anymore with BIOS 2.0) instead of 3000 with XMP enabled, BCLK 100 and auto settings.

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 12:51am
Tested 1.8 nothing fixed. However i think they dont realize this as aproblem at all.

Its not so hard ajusting these settings manually just very bad for the folks who dont know how ot fix it.

Glad i could help a lot of people.

Best regards

flode

Posted By: JoseyWhales
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 6:51pm
Like in my other post I enabled XMP the first time and got BSoD's for days, and then I used memtest86, and it was throwing errors out, like an allyoucaneat buffet. I tried removing sticks, placing them in different places; nothing helped.

I went back and inserted my RAM pieces back into slots A2,B2, and then enabled OC mode for CPU, and so far I haven't had issues with stresses, or anything else, yet. I am also however, receiving a replacement pack for my RAM, i'll see how it goes, and update from there(with stock CPU speed).

Posted By: JoseyWhales
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:28pm
I have been watching my brand new RAM replacement for the Z370 extreme4, and so far: I haven't had to mess with ANYTHING, except XMP; no problems so far, it works very well now like it should be, like it did on my z97, just choose desired XMP and it should execute.

Posted By: OberonV
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 3:55am
" rel="nofollow - Can anyone confirm weather the XMP issues are still present? If so, how difficult is it to fix via manual settings? I was thinking about picking up this board, but now I'm a bit concerned.

Aside from the XMP issues, has anyone noticed any other issues/quirks with this particular mobo?

Posted By: hexa
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 6:50am
" rel="nofollow -

Read my post in this thread. 
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8312&title=z370-extreme4-strange-problem

Those are the problems I have currently. I wouldn't recommend the Z370 extreme4 at this moment.

Posted By: razvan974
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 4:42am
I dint have any of the problem posted here with A-DATA XPG Spectrix 3000Mhz or with Corsair CMR32GX4M4C3000C15
https://s11emagst.akamaized.net/products/5798/5797452/images/res_54107795ae580d6a07fa13995c21c82b_80x80_uoga.jpg" rel="nofollow - https://s11emagst.akamaized.net/products/5798/5797452/images/res_54107795ae580d6a07fa13995c21c82b_80x80_uoga.jpg" type="checkbox"> From my point of view ( i think probably) there are some problems with G-Skill memory modules especially and not only with the motherboard himself. But on te other hand Asrock loose in this moment on the market because those memory problems. Unresolved problems after months from when the problems was discovered and reported... I dont know what they think...

Posted By: DocSteel
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 5:28pm
Just wanted to chime in here by saying I had a complete new system built two weeks ago with the Z370 Extreme 4 mobo and was having the system freeze up several times every day...until yesterday.

Yesterday I went into the BIOS and disabled C-State. I never touched the voltages or anything else in there (except for upping the fan speeds one notch for safety...this room gets hot in the Summer), but once I flipped the switch on C-States ALL of the freezing problems disappeared.

I don't know if this will solve the problem for many of you--or if you WANT to solve it in this manner--but perhaps it will be of some use to someone.

Posted By: wingman99
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:13am
" rel="nofollow -

Tested 1.8 nothing fixed. However i think they dont realize this as aproblem at all.

Its not so hard ajusting these settings manually just very bad for the folks who dont know how ot fix it.

Glad i could help a lot of people.

Best regards

flode
What memory do you have and are there any other problems with this motherboard? I'm thinking of purchasing this motherboard. Does sleep mode work well?

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 6:09pm
Sleep mode work well. Also i dont have any problems with A-Data XPG 40 modules. Voltages are set up correctly with them without any intervention...

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 7:51am
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by razvan974 razvan974 wrote:

Sleep mode work well. Also i dont have any problems with A-Data XPG 40 modules. Voltages are set up correctly with them without any intervention...
Are you using XMP and what is the auto Vccio and Vccsa?

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 5:52pm
Yes i am using XMP and voltages autoset by motherboard in my case are:
VCCIO = 0,950
VCCST = 1,000
VCCSA = 1,200

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by razvan974 razvan974 wrote:

Thanks for the information.Smile I forgot to ask, what is the memory speed, size, and latency?

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 4:18pm
16Gb ( 2x8), 3000, CL16 - mine

16GB (2x8), 3200, CL16 - tested only and works withouth problems , but now is in another PC

Both kits buyed at the same time.

Posted By: The Ravemaster
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 6:17pm
Hi guys! I Have this mobo (AZ370 extreme4) for 2-3 months with a i5 8600K (not overclocked yet) and a pair of Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHz PC4-25600 (2x8GB CL16) and the Flode's solutions works great for me. Before this my system was freezing in less than a minute with the XMP on. With the XMP off this machine works fine.

PD: I have 1.60 bios version.

Thanks to Flode ;)

Cheers.

Posted By: taskilein
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 6:25pm
Hi,
I use the g.skill F4-3200C15D-16GTZ
and max Settings with manuell Timings a 2900mhz.
XPM Profil only freez on start.
On a x370 AMD Board the RAM Working with 3340mhz.

Posted By: xsafo
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 11:44pm
" rel="nofollow - Dear Sirs 

My specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700K (no overclock)
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4 (1.80 BIOS)
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 MINI OC [GV-N1060IXOC-6GD]
Memory: 16Gb DDR4 3600MHz Patriot Viper 4 (PV416G360C7K) (2x8Gb KIT)
SSD: Samsung SSD 750 EVO 120GB; ST1000DM003 1000GB;
Power Supply: Enhance 600W [ATX-0260GA]

System booted up only with one ram module, with two modules in dual channel configuration (installed A2 and B2 channel) computer couldn't boot up, even after reset the BIOS to Default Settings (clear CMOS Jamper). I have tried to set ram module alternately, they work one by one in any slot. 

I have tried to set memory timings manually with one ram module: 
- 15-15-15-36 and set DRAM Voltage to 1.35 V, and set DRAM Frequency [auto]. But after thaht computer couldn't boot up.
- 15-15-15-36 and set DRAM Voltage to 1.35 V, and set DRAM Frequency [2133MHz]. But after thaht computer couldn't boot up.
-17-19-19-39 and set DRAM Voltage to 1.35 V, and set DRAM Frequency [3600MHz]. But after thaht computer couldn't boot up.
- tried loaded XMP Profile 1 and went to Voltage settings and set VCCIO to 1.10 and VCCSA to 1.15 , but after thaht computer couldn't boot up.

Please send me the full BIOS settings. Does know the optimal voltages (VCCIO, VCCST, VCCSA) I should be using for my two modules ram type? 

Hopefully this can be fixed.

best regards
Xsafo

Date Posted: 02 May 2018 at 8:01am
Originally posted by stax stax wrote:

Mine Z370 Pro4 tested 1.9 and 2.0 with "Improve memory compatibility.". Nothing is fixed.
However, I can run my RAM stable at 2800 (somehow 2933 does not work anymore with BIOS 2.0) instead of 3000 with XMP enabled, BCLK 100 and auto settings.
If you change Vccio to 1.1V and Vccsa to 1.15 does XMP work correctly?

Date Posted: 09 May 2018 at 9:06am
The 1.1v for VCCIO and 1.15 for VCCSA fixes my freezing issues. But I have another issue where my PC will randomly reboot itself when idle now..

Posted By: wiseude
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 4:57am
" rel="nofollow -

Hello and sorry me again,

i found out the the xmp profile on the 1.3 bios for extreme 4 board has set
vccio and vccsa way to high. was set to 1.2 and 1.25 by default xmp.

For me this was the reason why the system could not boot into windows and was unstable.

I have now set xmp profile for my ram (3200) and then manually lowered

vccio to 1.1V and vccsa to 1.15. Not the system is rock stable again ram running finally with xmp speeds corretly.

Maybe this is helping one or another of you guys.

Best regards

flode

What about VCCST and VCCPLL?leave them unchanged? (as in, will they auto adjust by themselves if VCCIO and  VCCSA   are changed?)

Posted By: Silver Werewolf
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 11:44pm
Worked Flode solution here too :D!
Asrock Z370 Extreme4 P1.80
Intel i5 8600K
2x8 16Gb 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36 Corsair Vengueance LPX
EVGA GTS450 1GB GDDR5 25%OC

Thank you so much hue hueeeee

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:15am
Justed tested BIOS 3.10 Z370 Extreme4     3.10     7/10/2018

Bios flashed, loaded Default Settings, loaded XMP Profile,

still VCCSA and VCCIO much to high "for my system"

Went back to 1,1V for both values and i'm fine again. Dont know why its so hard to fix this for asrock.

Best regards

flode

Posted By: Silver Werewolf
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 2:43am
" rel="nofollow - I recently upgraded to P1.80 from P1.30 bios... and just now a new release, you recommend to upgrade to this new one? is stable? some important changes? thanks and grettings...

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 4:02am
I would recommend alone for security purpose, new Intel microcode including latest intel specter meltdown patches etc.

Posted By: steveg
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:25am
I also don't understand why ASRock is not fixing their buggy xmp voltage configurations.
I have the z370 killer sli/ac  and it also has voltage setting inconsistancies that make it very difficult to troubleshoot and get the xmp values.

I have used two different sets of RAM, both on the QVL list, and had issues. With one of them the xmp auto actually overclocks the bclk frequency and I had to go in and manually fix it (set it back to 100 from 103). 

If they don't update the bios soon to fix these issues I won't purchase an ASROCK MB again. I have built a lot of systems over the years and had just come back to using ASRock again and this was dissapointing.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 2:59am
I feel the same way. I don't get what is so hard to fix about changing the default xmp voltages that they can't accomplish..

If they don't fix it by the time I plan to purchase a new mobo, I'm just avoiding ASRock mobos altogether.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net