Forum Description: Question about ASRock Intel Motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7392
Printed Date: 17 May 2024 at 7:59pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Z370M Pro4 keeps rebooting
Posted By: rigogs
Subject: Z370M Pro4 keeps rebooting
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 4:39am
" rel="nofollow - Thanks ASRock for making such a great mb, and for trying to fix issues by publishing many BIOS upgrades in short periods of time... I sure hope guys got it right with P1.60 this time!
Running i5-8600k no oc, G.Skill approved mem no oc and Samsung M.2 850 EVO, issue is random reboots under normal load and most of the time when it's doing nothing. Win10 fresh install with latest updates, office 2016, avast, acrobat dc and not much else.
Sure hope 1.60 does the trick, got Samsung SATA 850 EVO ready to install if this continues... thinking that maybe its not liking the M.2
Any thoughts ASRock...?

Replies:
Posted By: krische
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 10:37am
" rel="nofollow - I am suffering this same issue too, even after flashing BIOS to 1.70. I take it you still are as well? 

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 12:23am
Yes still happening, BTW M.2 is just SATA got it a few years ago in a Black Friday sale and before I knew that PCIe M.2 was the faster drive.
Anyhow, got a new power supply on shelf and may replace that when I go with the EVO SATA 2.5 drive. I know its a new mb chipset but random reboots are for the birds.  In another note, PC has been stable for last 36hrs, we use this one in kitchen so not critical--but sure hope they fix the issue.
Got Z370 Taichi installed on main ps this week and its been SOLID.

Posted By: krische
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 8:18am
I wonder if we are suffering from reboots caused by a bug in Intels microcode update for Spectre:  https://www.pcworld.com/article/3248975/components-processors/spectre-cpu-patches-reboots-intel.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.pcworld.com/article/3248975/components-processors/spectre-cpu-patches-reboots-intel.html

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 6:52am
You maybe into something krische as they are talking about the 8th gen cpu as well, and ASRock releases BIOS updates as they push new updates from Intel...
PC just rebooted, no load, just sitting in kitchen doing nothing.  Sure hope they get this resolved soon, looking forward to v1.80 and beyond. TKX

BTW: Z370 Taichi with i7-8700K and 32GB ram is just solid

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 12:15pm
so version 1.90 is out dated 03-02-2018 for description "update CPU Microcode to revision 84. (For CPU security update)" sure hope this takes care of the reboots--thanks ASRock for new release I know you are trying!

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 11:42pm
v 1.90 is better but every now and then still reboots without warning. Fresh Win10, suggested mem, M.2 SSD drive, good cooling.

Posted By: davjans
Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 10:56pm
I have a Z370 Pro 4 with
Intel Core i7-8700 Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.6GHz Turbo LGA1151 300 Series 65W BX80684i78700

Updated to firmware 2.00 and my system is unusable reboots within 1 to 30 min of use, if not right of way.

Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro

-------------
"Det bästa stället att hitta en hjälpande hand är i slutet av din egen arm"

Posted By: psoma
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 8:03pm
Same issue here... also running a 8700K. Only started over the past 2 weeks though. Sometimes I get a few hours, other times, a few minutes. Impossible to use my machine for work or play at the moment... And I've tried swapping out every component except the motherboard Cry

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:11am
Replaced M.2 SATA with WD Blue 3D NAND WDS250G2B0B, installed Win10Pro, apps n data--wow this thing is fast and NO more reboots!!! guess that older Samsung was not liked by mb--happy to have stable setup again.

Posted By: blodsbror
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 11:26pm
" rel="nofollow - I can't go more than about 3 minutes before it reboots. I'm running the latest BIOS, and have installed all drivers/windows updates. If I boot into a live Linux CD, I don't get this issue. So something within Windows seems to be causing them. Does anyone have any other suggestions ?

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 11:00pm
update: still ROCK solid--looks like my issue was on that older Samsung M.2, even though no errors show on drive utility checks.  This mb is in our kitchen pc so it gets used all the time... my son plays games with it now and then so its nice to see that with latest bios, good approved mem and the WD blue M.2 all is working great. 

Posted By: tabana
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 1:46am
Is there any solution for this issue? My dad have this MBO in relatively new PC and have random restarts without warning. There is no M2 disk, it is Samsung EVO 850. I have put the newest BIOS yesterday? What can I do. Should I throw this Asrock MBO in trash and buy another brand?

Posted By: RLGL
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:13am
Why not start a NEW thread and ask questions relevant to your issue, also list all of your detailed system specs

-------------
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 1:36am
Originally posted by tabana tabana wrote:

Is there any solution for this issue? My dad have this MBO in relatively new PC and have random restarts without warning. There is no M2 disk, it is Samsung EVO 850. I have put the newest BIOS yesterday? What can I do. Should I throw this Asrock MBO in trash and buy another brand?

No M2 and still having issues... mine has been SOLID as a rock since I replaced M.2 SATA with M.2 NVMe. Since then I have upgraded to i5-9600K and kept memory at 16GB. Have nothing but good things to say about ASRock, out of 20-30 mb one was DOA and this one has reboot issues but it turned out to be Samsung M.2 SATA, your EVO850 should be way good. Maybe try different memory, is it from the approved list?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net