Forum Description: Question about HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=747
Printed Date: 27 Jul 2024 at 11:55am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Beebox N3000 Broken SATA cable
Posted By: turbosnute
Subject: Beebox N3000 Broken SATA cable
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 4:48am
The SATA cable broke when I closed the enclosure. Is there anywhere I can get a new one quickly?

Replies:
Posted By: ASRock_TSD
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 4:57pm
Dear customer,

About this case, please contact ASRock via support request form and provide your contact information.
http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp
We will provide further help for this issue.

Thank you for your post.
Sincerely yours.
ASRock TSD

Posted By: gabriel85roma
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 7:35am
me tooo.. this cable is not well done... the other things are very good...

Posted By: gabriel85roma
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 12:21am

Posted By: mech2375
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 11:18am
As ASRock pointed out, you should contact them for a replacement.  All that needs to be provided is an invoice.  The redesigned cable has a right angle connector at the board and allows the cable to be more appropriately routed.  It isn't perfect, but it is greatly improved.  ASRock should also us thinner, more flexible cable, and make the connectors a bit shorter.  Then, I suspect the cable would be perfect.

Are you noticing any flaky, intermittent issues with booting or using the system?  I felt that the damaged cables in both of my units caused odd behavior in one, and caused the other to completely fail.  If you are having any funny issues, I would recommend you request a replacement, assuming that they are still covered by warranty.  If you suspect too that the failure is attributed to these cables, you should point that out.

Posted By: Jolltax
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 11:16pm
My cable is damaged also, I think it got caught in the case when it closed perhaps?  I no longer plan to install a 2.5 drive anyway so no need for a replacement but thought it was was mentioning as I think the design needs a bit of work...

J

Posted By: Grexicania
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 6:36am
Exactly what they told me.  Cable came in less than a week and works fine.

Posted By: Bluesmanuk
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 1:37pm
I just bought an N3150 and had the same issue with the cable.

Whilst it may be possible to obtain a replacement, it all takes unnecessary time and ASRock should have an outlet somewhere, perhaps with authorised resellers such as the mighty Amazon to allow them to replace them directly and from the country of original purchase, especially on the basis that these cables are unique to this product.

When I contacted Amazon first they stated that it was not an item that they stocked and to contact ASRock, who seem to have a policy in place that requests the purchaser to go to the retailer.

It's all a little bit messy and ultimately could put people of buying the Beebox, which otherwise looks like an excellent product.

Clearly there was/is an issue with quality control and for such a basic but essential one for many users, penny pinching attitudes often lead to lost sales and future customer loyalty.

So I am now at the mercy of ASRock as to whether I can get a replacement cable and my experience of using the Beebox is being delayed.

-------------
Beebox N3150

Posted By: wardog
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Bluesmanuk Bluesmanuk wrote:

So I am now at the mercy of ASRock as to whether I can get a replacement cable

Trust me. You'll be taken care of. And in a "timely' manner, all things considered.

Once out in the "wild' these things happen every now and then. They've re-designed the cable so this doesn't happen I'm told.
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Trust me. You'll be taken care of. And in a "timely' manner, all things considered.

Once out in the "wild' these things happen every now and then. They've re-designed the cable so this doesn't happen I'm told.

I like your confidence and shall take your word Smile

-------------
Beebox N3150

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 6:23am

You were right, they did Smile

Most impressed.

-------------
Beebox N3150

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 7:16am

You were right, they did Smile

Most impressed.

Wink

Posted By: mo_wie
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 4:22pm
Hey there,

is there any way to buy or build the SATA cable yourself? Actually I only need to know the pin settings. I couldnt find this information in the manual.

Thanks for your support. The Beebox is a great little fellow!

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 4:32pm
mo_wie, go back and follow the advice given in Post #2 of this Thread

Posted By: taller238
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 12:47pm
" rel="nofollow - Hi, I got the same issue of the sata cable. Even I directly connected to the ssd's plug (w/o mounting to the lid b/c wrong angle), the bios still cannot find the ssd.

So my questions are:
A. Can I install only one 2.5" ssd without the msata hd?
B. I contacted AsRock, will the new cable work both on angle and connection?

Thanks!

Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 9:15am
Originally posted by taller238 taller238 wrote:

" rel="nofollow - Hi, I got the same issue of the sata cable. Even I directly connected to the ssd's plug (w/o mounting to the lid b/c wrong angle), the bios still cannot find the ssd.

So my questions are:
A. Can I install only one 2.5" ssd without the msata hd?
B. I contacted AsRock, will the new cable work both on angle and connection?

Thanks!

Why would the PC need the mSATA drive to work? Unless you installed Windows with the mSATA and another drive in the PC, then whichever drive in the main one, the Windows installation program put the boot/system partition on the other drive.

If you are installing Window again, just use the 2.5" SSD. Take out the mSATA drive, and then put it back if you still want to use it again, but I would check it for any extra partitions.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by this, "... will the new cable work both on angle and connection?".

I just bought an ASRock DeskMini 110W PC, and it has specialized SATA cables that connect to the board in a unique way. Any non-standard SATA cable will be small and delicate, as the SATA cables supplied with the DeskMini 110 are. They need to fit in the small case and the cable connectors are not made for many insertion and removal cycles. I planned ahead so I only had to connect the cable once, and do everything I can to not disconnect them at all.

Even standard SATA data cables are not meant for more than 25 - 50 connect and disconnect cycles. Usually they won't last that long. I have yet to see a high quality SATA data cable.

I've seen people break the SATA data and power connectors on SSDs. All SATA connections are delicate, be gentle and careful with them.

-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Adam
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 9:54pm
" rel="nofollow - asRock please get back to me with the replacement cable.

I have used the form in the links here twice and have only received an automated generic no-reply email telling me to check with my dealer. My dealer tells me to contact asRock?

How can I get a direct message about this SATA cable failing out of the box. It is a horrible design.
Are there any other suppliers of a usable cable?

I only have a 60gb mSATA drive, and am trying to add a 240gb SSD. But the cable got damaged when closing the lid.

Is there an email address for direct contact?

Thanks in advance.

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Adam Adam wrote:

" rel="nofollow - asRock please get back to me with the replacement cable.

I have used the form in the links here twice and have only received an automated generic no-reply email telling me to check with my dealer. My dealer tells me to contact asRock?

How can I get a direct message about this SATA cable failing out of the box. It is a horrible design.
Are there any other suppliers of a usable cable?

I only have a 60gb mSATA drive, and am trying to add a 240gb SSD. But the cable got damaged when closing the lid.

Is there an email address for direct contact?

Thanks in advance.

I'm terribly sorry and understand your frustrations.

Use the below email to contact them directly:
mailto:support@asrockamerica.com" rel="nofollow - support@asrockamerica.com

Explain your issue and for good luck include/attach a copy of your purchase receipt as they may ask/require a copy of it to fulfill your request.

Keep me posted please.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net