Forum Description: Question about ASRock AMD motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7637
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 4:16am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: AB350 Raven Ridge BIOS
Posted By: hurtz
Subject: AB350 Raven Ridge BIOS
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 2:10am
" rel="nofollow - I picked up a ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX motherboard last month in anticipation of the Raven Ridge 2400G launch. Sticker on the BIOS is P3.10. Will this work with the Raven Ridge or will I need to borrow a Ryzen CPU and update first?

Replies:
Posted By: datonyb
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 2:12am
officially it needs the later bios

allthough it may very well boot to bios with the new one on old bios
the onboard graphics may not work though so you may need a seperate graphics card to flash the bios

-------------
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Posted By: stree
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 4:26am
" rel="nofollow - Whoops. I did not realise that RR APU needed a later BIOS than 3.10.......
So does that mean the BIOS trail 3.4,3.6, through to latest?
I failed to pick this up anywhere although I realise there will be incremental advantages I thought it would at least boot and get some graphices output....on say 3.10

-------------
ASRock X370-ITX BIOS 4.50
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 2933
960Evo M.2 256GB, Firecuda 1TB
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
G-Unique Archdaemon 300 Watt
Lian-li Q21B

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 5:48am
no-one really knows

it may allow the apu to display graphics via the mainboard with early bios
im edging towards the good chance of a bios boot with the apu's as its based off a ryzen core (more or less)

but im far less certain the older bios can or will use the gpu

but hey theres a chance as they were using the old FX apus glued on an am4 pin out Smile

until we see a few real world tests trying it we wont know

-------------

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 10:41am
Here is the reply I got from tech support:

To support Raven CPU the BIOS must be 4.xx to get it to post.

If BIOS is 3.xx, mainboard must in using Bristol Ridge or Summit Ridge (with GPU installed) to get it post and able to update the BIOS.

If you have above mentioned CPU that you can download and update the BIOS link below.

Otherwise, mainboard must be returned to update the BIOS to support Raven CPU since board was released before this CPU.

BIOS download link:  https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20AB350%20Gaming-ITXac/index.asp#BIOS" rel="nofollow - https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20AB350%20Gaming-ITXac/index.asp#BIOS

Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 3:46pm
Thanks for sharing the info hurtz. 

Your options are not great but here goes.

1. You can take the board in to a store/repair shop and get them to install a compatible CPU then flash to the correct version for you.

2. You can send the board back and get it done at your place of purchase.

3. You can pick up a cheap compatible CPU to use for the flashing process (something like an A6 series APU for $50 or less) if this works out cheaper than options 1 or 2. 

This is the down side to new CPUs being released for existing boards. I and many others had hoped that we would see the usual AMD convention of the CPU allowing post but requiring an update to be recognized properly. This was not possible with the Ryzen APUs however due to more major architectural differences on the die. The new APUs are significantly different from standard Ryzen CPUs, they have only a single CCX and in place of the second CCX there is a graphics module. This changes the voltage requirements and other factors making it incompatible with standard Ryzen CPU support. 

Good luck Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 12:11am
Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all upset by this. In fact I expected this might be an issue and personally enjoy these types of challenges. I'm thrilled that this socket will not only support the Raven Ridge but also Ryzen 2.

I'm picking up a A6 APU for flashing purposes, which will then be promptly listed on eBay Smile

Posted By: Kuggan
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 1:01am
" rel="nofollow - Hi, I have the same problem. Is it possible to boot the motherboard with the processor not installed?

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 1:06am
its at least worth a try if you have a old gpu

it seems someone has been ok with a gigabyte board and a seperate gpu booted into bios and allowed the flash to raven ridge

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 1:07am
Originally posted by Kuggan Kuggan wrote:

" rel="nofollow - Hi, I have the same problem. Is it possible to boot the motherboard with the processor not installed?

no you need a cpu

-------------

Posted By: NedCAD
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 2:37am
Today I assembled a system with the following ingredients:
  • AM4 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
  • RAM DDR4: Ballistix Sport LT, 2*8GB 2666 MHz
  • SSD M.2: Samsung 960 EVO MZ-V6E250BW
  • Mobo: ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX/AC

There is no POST.

Checked everything, cables, exchanged PSU's, nothing. What it does is booting and rebooting every half a minute.

Is this the same problem?

And if yes, I need an A-series APU for AM4 to do a BIOS upgrade, right?

More on http://nedcad.nl/en/bricscad-on-amd-am4-hardware/" rel="nofollow - http://nedcad.nl/en/bricscad-on-amd-am4-hardware/

Posted By: Kuggan
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 2:50am
Exactly the same problem here.

I found this information that may be helpful:

To obtain the boot kit, please carefully follow these instructions:

1. Go to the AMD online warranty claims page: https://support.amd.com/en-us/warranty/rma" rel="nofollow - https://support.amd.com/en-us/warranty/rma
2. Fill in your full contact and product details
3. In the Problem Description field enter "Boot kit Required" (without quotes)

NOTE: The product must be a valid AMD processor with authentic OPN and serial number.

Once the claim is received and approved, confirmation details and boot kit instructions will be provided in a follow up email.

More info: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/2Gen-Ryzen-AM4-System-Bootup.aspx" rel="nofollow - https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/2Gen-Ryzen-AM4-System-Bootup.aspx

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 3:53am
Thanks Kuggan

I've decided to go that way and will wait for a "Boot Kit".

If it takes too long I'll order a start-APU, more later...

Posted By: nanohead
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 12:54am
I can confirm that you need to do the BIOS update to 4.4 before the board will recognize the new APU.  And even then, its a tad flaky still.  I replaced my 1600 with the 2400G yesterday, and even though I had updated to 4.4 before I installed the 2400G, it still took numerous reboots to get video to appear and to get the system running.

Its running now, but its definitely flakey at the moment.   I saw a release of 4.43 in beta, but the links seem down for the ITX board

Posted By: JohnM
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:12pm
The BIOS ROM is socketed. If you ask ASRock tech support nicely they might send you one programmed with the P4.40 UEFI BIOS. Well, it worked for me but that was before AMD started offering the boot kit.

P4.40 isn't the definitive BIOS for the 2200G and 2400G though as it has a number of bugs, but it should work well enough to get you going. Some issues I've noticed include:

- Some NVMe devices are not recognised in the M.2 socket. It seems that Toshiba OCZ RD400 is recognised but Samsung 960 EVO is not.

- Storage devices do not show up in Advanced\Storage Configuration.

- CPU temperature is not detected in H/W Monitor. It shows as 127.5C permanently.

- Some voltage offsets don't "stick" in O.C. Tweaker.

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 6:30pm
" rel="nofollow - My issues of the moment exactly!
Do AMD acknowledge the issues?

-------------
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
Lian-li Q21B

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 7:50pm
" rel="nofollow - Oh dear, Samsung EVO 960... too!

I've decided not to wait for AMD after the the supplier of components offered to help. Surprise where I?™ll end up. Will keep you informed.

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 1:20am
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by stree stree wrote:

Do AMD acknowledge the issues?

I haven't approached AMD but ASRock Europe have reproduced the problem and reported it to Taiwan.

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 1:35am
Originally posted by NedCAD NedCAD wrote:

" rel="nofollow - Oh dear, Samsung EVO 960... too!

Yes, I chose Samsung specifically because it's on the QVL. Ironically, the 250 GB Toshiba NVMe that reportedly works isn't on the list! Confused

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 1:45am
" rel="nofollow - Ah thanks.   Have to be patient then I suppose and wait for a BIOS update that deals with the issues.
Meanwhile I am going to refit the other MB I have, an  AB350 ITX with the 1200 I took out of the x370, get the BIOS up to 4.4 so it is at least past the bridge BIOS, and run the 1200 on that for a while.
 I was hoping to have the X370 with a 2400G and the AB350 as a back up with a 2200G, and I thought ( hoped?) I would be all done and dusted by the end of this month. Ah well.

Much as I  enjoy AMD  and sing their praises, funny how I keep having to dust off and fall back on this old G3258 Intel ITX..........Solid as a rock and just keeps going.
Can`t help but think that  AMD users are the live Beta testing team

-------------
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
Lian-li Q21B

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 2:13am

Much as I  enjoy AMD  and sing their praises, funny how I keep having to dust off and fall back on this old G3258 Intel ITX..........Solid as a rock and just keeps going.
Can`t help but think that  AMD users are the live Beta testing team

I feel your pain but for years the entire industry has had to dance to Intel's tune. AMD's renaissance is a refreshing change and it's good news for everyone. Ryzen is a superb product and these new Raven Ridge APUs are wonderful value. They are brand new though and the P4.40 BIOS has a definite feel of having been rushed out to meet the 12th February deadline and certain things don't seem to have been adequately tested. That said, I've been able to work around all the problems that have affected me. You could argue that such work-arounds shouldn't be necessary but it's a trade off I'm prepared to accept in order to get the PC I want. I'll definitely buy both AMD and ASRock again.

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 2:52am
The G3258 wil be the last intel I will ever buy. Especially after releasing it as an overclocker, then castrating it so it would only clock on Z boards........But typical Intel .
In spite of my observations about the flakey BIOS and the user base being the beta tester base, I am  more than happy to stick with AMD!  Same goes for ASRock.
I have  an A8-7600 on an ITX ASRock board apart from the 2 AM4 ITX boards mentioned, so yes, definitely a fan of AMD!

-------------
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
Lian-li Q21B

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 5:55am
" rel="nofollow - Okay! Finally got it working.

The short story:
System ingredients:
  • RAM DDR4: Ballistix Sport LT, 2*8GB 2666 MHz
  • SSD M.2: Samsung 960 EVO MZ-V6E250BW

I bought an A10-9700 APU, updated BIOS as instructed on AsRock site to BIOS version 4.43 (!)
Mounted 2400G
Windows 10 is installed without any problems
Samsung 960 EVO is properly recognized now(!)
Manually installed Radeon drivers

Happy ending so far! If someone (Dutch) needs a cheap and brand new A10-9700 APU, this is your chance ;-)

The longer story:
Thanks to ASRock technical support for thinking and prompt replies, just as you all here.
There are more NVMe SSD?™s not being detected by AGESA code, solved in BIOS 4.43, acc. to ASRock. That is also why my supplier couldn?™t fix it with BIOS 4.40.
It will probably be a good idea to be keen on future BIOS updates, considering the rush on updating is what I read between the lines.
ASRock offered to send a ROM chip, not needed in my case.
AMD directed me today to the motherboard manufacturer and asks proof of communication and more before able to ship a "boot kit". I have my thoughts... Save yourself the trouble to contact AMD.
The link to Radeon drivers: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/desktop-apu-drivers.aspx#ryzen
This is for me the second time ASRock proved to support very properly when a situation gets ugly. A good reason to use their boards in the future.

Happy computing!

Posted By: sebag
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 1:18am
" rel="nofollow - Hello everyone,

I recently bought similar components to build a PC and I too face now the same problem. By googling my symptoms I came across this Forum and decided to give it a try.

Components I bought:

• RAM DDR4: Ballistix Sport LT, 2*4GB 2666 MHz 
After Installing all the components I tried to boot the computer but nothing happened. Even without the RAM sticks the computer won't give any POST beep. (Although I am now glad to see that the combination of mother board, RAM and processor is supposed to work).
Since I have no other AMD computer in my house, I asked the shop (Mindfactory.de) to update my BIOS for me (which they did, to 4.40). Since nothing worked I sent back processor and mother board to get them checked. I received them yesterday and they say everything is working fine. So today I tried again but I got the same result. No beep, no sign of life whatsoever. I really have no Idea what the problem might be!

I will try to call the shop tomorrow and see if I can talk to the technician who checked my components to see if I'm doing anything wrong. (which I don't really know what that might be since I'm trying to boot a main board with only a CPU on it to get at least a POST sign telling me that there's no RAM)

At my disposal I only have an old graphic card which I could try to mount in in order to get an image out of the computer (since no image is coming out of the integrated graphic card) and another power unit (which made no difference btw.)

Anyone here have an idea of what could've gone wrong? If I can't get it to work by Monday or so I'm sending it back since it's been less than 14days and I'll probably buy something else, but I'd really prefer to get this one going.

Thanks

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 1:54am
You need BETA BIOS 4.43     4.40 is a broken BIOS
Plus  you do not say what the BIOS was when you sent it bck and had it updated. If Mindfactory updated from 3.0 or 3.10  then it should have demanded version 3.6 before it would allow version 4.4, so we can assume it  has had version 3.6 during the updates.
This means you can now update to the BETA BIOS 4.43  ( Bottom of the list of BIOS version on the support page)
Please use Instant Flash version, Do Not use Windows Flash !!

BUT.. you have not y yet got a post, so this above i all for when you get it posting, but please do not forget.
Good luck in your chat with the technician.

-------------
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
Lian-li Q21B

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 2:21am
Thank you very much for that info!
Yeah, I'm still struggling to get a POST signal, but I'll keep it in mind as soon as I get one.

Anyway, I asked to update the BIOS when I first ordered the mainboard and they said they updated it from 3.10 to 4.40. 

Since nothing was working I sent it back and asked them to check it for me and mentioned the fact that it needs to be first updated to 3.60 and then to 4.40 to support Ryzen processors of the second Generation. They said that they checked everything, installed the latest BIOS (not telling however which version, I assume at least 4.40 since that's the version they already installed the first time) and say that the components I sent in work properly. So that's my problem.. I'assuming at some point at Mindfactory my Mainboard was actually working with the processor, I just can't seem to get it work again.

Well, I hope to get some answers tomorrow after my chat with the technician.

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 2:44am
" rel="nofollow - Just had a thought..  it may be unlikely, but....Rather than build the system up. boot and do the BIOS, I wonder if the techie dept just flashed a new BIOS on it?
Therefore the component build viability would not be tested, but it would save them time etc.
You could ask.......

-------------
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
Lian-li Q21B

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 3:10am
" rel="nofollow - I presume that's exactly what happened the first time when I bought it and got it updated. Out of the box the mainboard had a 3.10, so I presume it was impossible for them to upgrade my BIOS with my processor. 

And that's why I sent it in! I just assumed they updated it with an older processor and just installed mine without checking it. However, now that they sent it back to me they wrote that "the components I sent are now working", so I presume they tested them together.

I've been doing some reading and I found out it's quite a common problem with this combination http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7743&title=ryzen-2200g-and-2400g-in-ab350-mini-itx-board

Now the TO said that he cleared the CMOS jumper and therefore deleted the 4.40 and was still able to get a video signal eventually. I now wonder if that could work.. I really only need to get into the BIOS to update it and see what happens. It's probably going to be my last resort before I send it back and ask for my money back. Is there any chance that the 3.10 would support the 5 2400g processor? I could plug in an old graphic card if the 3.10 won't recognize the integrated one, but getting the processor to work would be a start!

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 3:33am
" rel="nofollow - A few points.

- BIOS 3.10 does not support the 2400G processor.
- It is not possible to update from 3.10 to 4.40 or 4.43 directly. The option is only available after you have updated to 3.60.
- The CMOS jumper does not delete the BIOS. It only clears your options back to the defaults.
- The board won't POST without both a CPU and RAM.
- Are you remembering to plug in the eight-pin CPU power connector? It won't POST without it.

-------------
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 ITX P4.90, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, 2x8GB Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16, 250GB Samsung 960EVO, 500GB Samsung 850EVO, 4TB WD Blue, Windows 10 Pro 64, Corsair SF450, Cooler Master Elite 110

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 3:59am
Originally posted by JohnM JohnM wrote:

" rel="nofollow - A few points.

- BIOS 3.10 does not support the 2400G processor.
- It is not possible to update from 3.10 to 4.40 or 4.43 directly. The option is only available after you have updated to 3.60.

Ok, Thanks! Then I guess they updated correctly the first time. 

- The CMOS jumper does not delete the BIOS. It only clears your options back to the defaults.
So If I do that it will keep the BIOS 4.40 even though the board came out of the box with 3.10? 

- The board won't POST without both a CPU and RAM.
- Are you remembering to plug in the eight-pin CPU power connector? It won't POST without it.

But it should POST with a CPU but no RAM right? Should't it beep to let you know that there's something wrong with the RAM? That's what I've been looking for to see if the board recognize the processor, but I guess it doesn't and the fact that I left the RAM out leads to no POST at all..

Ans yes, I actually only have a 4PIN CPU power connector, but it should deliver enough power anyways. I also tried with another PU with an 8 PIN connector but I get the same result sadly.. CPU fan is spinning, but no sign of life..

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 4:10am
Your old 3.10 BIOS was blown away and replaced by 3.60, which was then blown away and replaced by 4.40. If you ever get this thing going you'll want to blow away 4.40 and replace it with 4.43.

It fails POST if either or both of CPU or RAM are missing. Have you tried just one stick of RAM in one or other slot.

My answer to the question "is a 4 pin CPU power cable enough" is I honestly don't know. It might be enough for a 65 W TDP chip but I know I'd be happier with all 8 pins connected.

-------------
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 ITX P4.90, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, 2x8GB Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16, 250GB Samsung 960EVO, 500GB Samsung 850EVO, 4TB WD Blue, Windows 10 Pro 64, Corsair SF450, Cooler Master Elite 110

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 4:35am
Please reread what JohnM posted last to you, what he posted is not open to interpretation.
BIOS 3.10 is NOT a BIOS thta will support 220G 0r 2400G.. the only BIOS versions produced for these APUs are
4.40 which is a failure and to be avoided
4.43 which is a BETA and whilst not perfect is enough to get up and running
Clearing CMOS has nothing to do with BIOS, it remains unaffected by clearing CMOS.
When updating from one BIOS version to another revert your existing BIOS to default settings before updating.

-------------
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
Lian-li Q21B

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 3:57pm
Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions!

Today I will try a bit more to get it going (one RAM stick, two RAM sticks, after clearing CMOS etc..)
Maybe something will eventually work out.. I already have a 4.43 ready in case I make it to the bios ;)

I'm also very curious about what tech support has to say.
I will keep you posted 

Date Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 2:32am
First update: nothing worked! 

I tried:
- 2 different PU, one with 4 and one with an 8 pin CPU power power supply, no difference
-first with one RAM stick, then with both
-different RAM (from the QVL of ASRock)
-with an external graphic card
-with another monitor
-cleared the CMOS a couple of times, didn't make any difference

No matter what I try I just can't get a video signal nor a POST..
I postponed my chat with tech support to Monday, If nothings works I'm afraid I'll have to send it back :(  

Posted By: MisterJ
Date Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 3:08am
" rel="nofollow - sebag, have you installed a small speaker to your MB header?  If not, no beeps.  Stick with the power supply with the 8-pin and make sure it is for CPU and not PCIe.  If your shop did not charge to update your BIOS/UEFI, you might consider having it updated to 4.43.  Insert one stick of RAM in A1, then A2 for all slots.  Try the other sick if that fails.  Post the beep codes.  All HDDs and SDDs should be removed.
Enjoy, John.

-------------
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD

Date Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 6:55pm
" rel="nofollow - Hi MisterJ,

yes, the speaker is installed, I also tried with another one since I feared that it was broken, but nothing.
I also already tried any possible RAM/Slot combination, but nothing.

The bios upgrade did cost me about 8??when I bought the components, when I sent them in it was free of charge, but still I don't know what they did since it's still not working. I would really like to walk in and see if and how they get it going, but that would be a 800km roundtrip in one day and unfortunately it's really not an option for me. 

I found a used a6 9500 on eBay (used only for BIOS update) in my city and I'm probably going to place a bid, if I'm lucky I'll pick it up on Monday and if even that doesn't work I'll know for sure one of the components is damaged.

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 3:04pm
The ONLY way to do the BIOS update to 4.43 is with a AM4 socket APU that is NOT Raven Ridge Ryzen 2200G or 2400G.

Like A6-9500, A10-9700

This has been stated a few times in this thread but apparently is not clear enough between all texts.

@sebag, you're on the right track buying that A6 (AM4 socket)

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by NedCAD NedCAD wrote:

The ONLY way to do the BIOS update to 4.43 is with a AM4 socket APU that is NOT Raven Ridge Ryzen 2200G or 2400G.

Not true. You can use a 1000-series Summit Ridge Ryzen and a discrete graphics card. There are people who have such things lying around waiting to be used for new projects.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 11:46pm
JohnM, you're right, I didn't pick my words the best way.

The ONLY two ways to do the BIOS update to 4.43 is:
  • With an AM4 socket APU that is NOT Raven Ridge Ryzen 2200G / 2400G or...
  • With an AM4 socket CPU with a separate graphics card.

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 11:57pm
I wasn't being deliberately pedantic. It's just that some people might already have access to a Bristol Ridge Ryzen and therefore wouldn't need to go looking for a Bristol Ridge APU.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 12:50am
" rel="nofollow - So I got the a6-9500 (not the used one off ebay, but a new one from a store) and.. still nothing!!

I tried with one RAM, with, 2, with the 4pin PU, with the 8pin PU, with the extra graphic card, with 2 different monitors.. nada. I guess my mainboard is just broken? but then again, how did the shop manage to make it work!?

I tried to call the tech support but it wasn't really helpful, they said I should just send it in once again since they don't know who was working on it...
I'm really thinking about returning everything and try again with new components.

Posted By: lurdk
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:06am
" rel="nofollow - Hi

I just wanted to notify that I have the same problem. 

Did you manage to find the source of the problem?

In my case:
The shop has upgraded my BIOS to the newest version, although I didn't see proof, nor could they tell me which version it was upgraded to.
I will call the guy who did it tomorrow and ask directly, supposedly it should be ready for Ryzen 2200G since this was the agreement with the tech guy. Even told him it should be flashed twice in order to be the latest.

When I got home and reassembled my components it did nothing just like the 1st time i tried (before BIOS upgrade). 
Now I have been scouring tho www to see if anyone had a solution to it... this post was the most informational on the topic, since such in depth troubleshooting has been done. 

I am booting without a dedicated GPU and i get no signal to my monitor. The boards turns on fan starts, then it shuts down after 3-5 seconds. 

My next move is to lend a dedicated GPU to attach to it. Also find a speaker to hear any beeps from mobo. I will have to try to use a sata ssd instead of m2.

Again the perculiar thing is that the shop also managed to make the motherboard work.
Is my Ryzen broken? Did you manage to test your CPU in another rig?

My spec:
Ryzen 2200G APU
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac (Flashed by retailer to support raven ridge)
Crucial MX300 SSD M.2 2280 - 525GB
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 DC 16GB

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:17am
Lurdk,
You must check the he installed the 3.6 bridge first, he may have gone straight to 4.5/5 and seen succes on BIOS install and assumed working ok..........You must get a definite answer on which BIOS  and how, and how tested.
and try another HDMI cable to monitor

-------------
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
Lian-li Q21B

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 4:01am
Hello lurdk,

I'm sorry I did not post anything else, but I did not really find a solution.. I ended up sending back the motherboard and I simply ordered an Asus Prime A320M-k (not a miniITX however) and everything worked perfectly. Apparently the Asus already came out of the box with Raven Ridge support, although I did not test it since the a6 9500 was the first processor I installed.
Anyway, the new board recognized everything (processor, RAM, integrated graphic unit) immediately and everything and is working fine. I only get occasional crashes while playing some steam games (oblivion, Skyrim, Civ 6 so far) but I presume it has something to do with some driver since windows does not freeze..

Everything is now working fine so I can only assume that the problem was the motherboard, wether it was a flawed Bios or a damaged board I cannot tell. 

I hope ASRock fixes this problem quickly.

I'm sorry I cannot really help you!

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 4:07am
Originally posted by lurdk lurdk wrote:

The boards turns on fan starts, then it shuts down after 3-5 seconds. 

Also, this appears to be a new symptom! Mine simply kept going and the only way I could shut it off was by switching off the power unit.

Keep us posted, I would be really interested in finding out what the problem is.

Posted By: lurdk
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:40pm
Hello

So I've talked with the RMA and they assured me that the BIOS was upgraded twice and the latest version is 4.5
I have acquired a speaker from work, and borrowed a dedicated GPU.

In order to not introduce to many variables at once, I started out by attaching the speaker.
Tried a new HDMI cable. And I reversed the button button connector... The latter was thought to have no impact since it just leads to ground.
I pressed the start button and the speaker gave me 5 beeps , I could see a message on the screen telling me to insert boot device. HURRAY!
The 5 beeps was because I hadn't connected a keyboard yet. (in earlier attempts this was connected though)
The odd thing is that during the weekend I tried to boot/flash with an A6 , but this just gave no POST and the system kept running (same problem as you). This is what lead to the retailer flashing the BIOS for me.

I Should inform that I am powering it with a picoPSU and the new HDPLEX H1.Sv2 case. It might be that the case power-on switch has a rectifier only allowing the current in one direction Ermm
Then again how could it power on in the first place...

I thought about clearing CMOS after I got it back from RMA, but the manual advised against clearing a newly flashed BIOS. So I waited till I got the speaker and GPU.

Now the system is running and I am currently monitoring the CPU temperature to see my idle temp. with a fanless system :)

Thanks for the help guys...

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:52pm
" rel="nofollow - Re the Pico and  "polarity". this is not an issue.. I have always run with Pico on ITX even ATX builds, and never been an issue, whether genuine Pico or a 10.99 clone............
Only issue I hav had, is this last week..I have 3 builds on the go, and tried to run my signature  build with 120 Genuine Pico and a 120w ( 12v 10 amp) brick. Note that this brick powered this build with gen Pico 150w and a clone 160 watt...........
According to PCprtpicker and outervision,  system  is 31w>131w......... so I thought I could run awhile just browsing on 120 pico.....but no, all sorts of issues..... back on 160 watt clone, runs great.....even though brick is 120w???
Hence my post in the build n show forum about modding case (EW-80 ITX)  for a 300w G-unique DC/ATX 24 pin and 300w brick, using 8 pin molex type power connector, because a 5.5-2.5mm would  just melt.

So just to clear up polarity issue, and hilight the under power  problems, as for what exactly is going on with your build.....??? still thinking

-------------
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
Lian-li Q21B

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:55pm

" rel="nofollow - Re the Pico and  "polarity". this is not an issue.. I have always run with Pico on ITX even ATX builds, and never been an issue, whether genuine Pico or a 10.99 clone............
Only issue I hav had, is this last week..I have 3 builds on the go, and tried to run my signature  build with 120 Genuine Pico and a 120w ( 12v 10 amp) brick. Note that this brick powered this build with gen Pico 150w and a clone 160 watt...........
According to PCprtpicker and outervision,  system  is 31w>131w......... so I thought I could run awhile just browsing on 120 pico.....but no, all sorts of issues..... back on 160 watt clone, runs great.....even though brick is 120w???
Hence my post in the build n show forum about modding case (EW-80 ITX)  for a 300w G-unique DC/ATX 24 pin and 300w brick, using 8 pin molex type power connector, because a 5.5-2.5mm would  just melt.

So just to clear up polarity issue, and hilight the under power  problems, as for what exactly is going on with your build.....??? still thinking

PS If it is a Pico, what are you using for the 8 wy ATX power?

-------------
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
Lian-li Q21B

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net