URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8143
Printed Date: 27 Jul 2024 at 10:44pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac+Athlon950 W-Lan stopping Sys
Posted By: drakrochma
Subject: AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac+Athlon950 W-Lan stopping Sys
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 6:43pm
" rel="nofollow - Hi,

I have  a Asrock AB350 itx-Board and it seems like the W-LAN-module causes HDD-Rite errors.
After the system was running for maybe an hour the harddrive seems to stop wriging data.
I hat a m.2-SSD and a seagate barracuda 2 TB in the system.
Both stopped writing after maybe an hour.
I thought of ahardwarefailure and replaced the ssd with a samsung 960 evo and the hdd with a Toshiba X300.
The error remained.

I did a Bios-Update to 4.51beta.
Still the problem occured.
I deactivated the W-Lan-Module in windows without success.
I disabled the module in Bios and since the I hat no further crashes.

Any Idea how to fix this?

System:

Asrock AB350 itx-ac
Athlon 950
Zotac 1050 ti  itx
2x8GB Adata 3200mhz @ 2133Mhz
Samsung 960 evo 256GB
Toshiba X300 5TB

be quiet! SFX Power 2 300W SFX
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

Replies:
Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 7:11pm
The Beta BIOS fixes an issue with Wifi for Raven Ridge CPUs (new Ryzen APUs). You are having issues with a Bristol Ridge CPU, I have to wonder if it is related somehow. 

I will pass this info on to my contacts at ASRock. In the mean time, I would just keep the onboard wifi disabled and use a USB wifi adapter. I wish I could help more.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 7:22pm
I already disabled the WIFI in bios but the WIFI-connection still is shown in Windows.
So, seems like this switch does not work.

If this might help, i tried to collect some more information:
- It seems like the problem gets better the longer the PC is running.
If I start the PC at the morning, it will crash within 15 minutes.
If I just keep it running for hours and then do a hard reset, the Computer will run with ness problems, and a lower chance to crash.

- Once the LAN-connection is lost, i can not start any programm anymore.
I can do a double-click, but nothing will happen.

- If the LAN-connection crashed, somethimes the "Problembehandlung" might help.

- The Mouse-Port only works for maybe 30 seconds, then the mouse still seems to be active as the lights are still on, but I can´t move the cursor anymore.
I have the same problem at the USB3-Port close to the mouse-port.

If there is anything else I can do, just let me know.

Posted By: cristy6100
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 7:43pm
I can confirm the bug with loosing USB ports and Bristol Ridge, after a random amount of time, USB ports stop working completely until a reboot, but not all of them, they go out in pairs of two, this happens only with Bristol Ridge CPU's not with Ryzen, tested with 2 PSU's and 2 different memory modules, clearly another bios issue.
I can also confirm that switching the WLAN to disable does nothing.

So far WE CANNOT DISABLE SATA/WLAN/LAN. 

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:16pm
" rel="nofollow - Just did hard reset  nr 14 for today as the system keeps freezing and bugging.
This board slowly drives me crazy.
I don´t think, taht all these hard resets will be good for the other parts in the PC or the windoes installation.

Are we allowed to uninstall the W-Lan-card without loosinf any waranty as it seems like this causes a lot of trouble?
An other option would be to give the trader, that sold it.
All I can say til now is " keep your fingers away from this board"

I can surf in the internet for maybe 10 to 20 minutes, but whenever I start steam or origin or uplay or a lager download, all I can do is pray and prepare to reboot...

Could anyone tell me if there is any help to be expected?

PS:
Sorry for the bad english, but somehow this board blows away any once known grammar ;)

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 6:08pm
You can remove the Wifi card without issues, it is installed in a mini PCIe slot so easy to put back in if you need to return for warranty at any point. It is an add in card.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 7:17pm
" rel="nofollow - Ok, thank you. :)

Just did a downgrade vom 4.51 beta to 3.60 and, so far, the system seems to run.
I got several "unexpected errors" While downloading games from origin, but beside this, the system at least was running for a littele more that 90 minutes without loosing usb-ports or causing other problems beside the errors in origin.

Once I am back from shoping I will uninstall the WiFi-Card and see what happens.

Do you know if a new vbios is planned, that supports all Cpus?

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 7:32pm
" rel="nofollow - I am sure that ASRock will release a new bios if not this month, then at the beginning of april to fix the throttling and bios bugs, if not they will see a very high return rate on the motherboards for sure, I for one will return all 4 ITX Fatality's I bought
In the end I have not spent almost 800 Euros on components that are not even tested, this is bad managment from AMD/ASRock, Raven Ridge was tapped out last year, what was ASRock doing all those months instead of testing out the firmware with Raven Ridge? C'mon who tested these firmwares did not bother to try and switch off the peripheral controllers? (SATA/WLAN/LAN) or do a load test on both the CPU/GPU?
The team that worked on all AM4 UEFI's should be fired, and skilled personnel should be hired, why is Asus/Gigabyte not affected by all those bugs? They use the same AMD provided AGESA code, well I tell you why: because they test the firmware before release...

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:43pm
The AGESA code is largely behind most of the bugs people are having as well as the architectural differences between Summit Ridge and Raven Ridge (1 CCX + Vega graphics on Raven Ridge vs 2 on Summit Ridge). This means a difference in the number of PCIe lanes as well as their distribution. As the kinks are worked out via AGESA updates we will see better generational/legacy support.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:50pm
I really hope so, cause I see no other AMD ITX option for the moment, the Asus ones lack video outputs, the Gigabyte one has bad connector placement, MSI is out of the question and Biostar does not have a decent market/support around Europe.

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 3:52pm
" rel="nofollow -
I did the downgrade to 3.60 yesterday, deactivated the WIFI in bios, uninstalled the drivers in Windows and the system still crashed while shutting down and stays ad "windows is shuting down" for hours until I do a hard reset.
If I try to start games from steam I get constant crashes, freezes or windows shuts itself down.
Some at origin an steam and even games without separate launcher from gog.com.

I did not buy a fatality-board to listen to music and surf because everything else causes instand crashes :(

I know, that the Athlon 950 isn´t a threatripper, but ~30CPU-usage for firefox with only google running and steam without dount anything at a usage of ~25% is far to high.

Even a reinstall did not fix anything.
Any idea what to try next?

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 5:12pm
" rel="nofollow - Did you remove the Wifi adapter?

Once you have, let us know if it helped. I am suspecting it has something to do with the issue.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 12:30am
I will try this evening and let you know :)

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 3:56am
" rel="nofollow - Just uninstalled the WIFI-Card.
Seems to run better now.
But, Who designed this scrap.
Had to uninstall allmost everything to get to the second screw.
After at least an hour and with some allmost broken fingers, in reinstalled everything and started the PC.
It took 4 tries to get the PC running.
In Windows Firefox did not show anything anymore.
I had to reinstall it.
Since then, the PC did not crash.
For amazing 6 minutes til now...

I hope that uninstalling the WIFIcard fixed the problems and that Asrock will fix this soon.

Thanks to everyone so far.

??
OK, it took 8 minutes and LAN lost connection again.
So, the system at least til now did not crash anymore but still fails to work stable.
Somehow this board seems to be scrap, sorry :(

Any idea how to fix this?
Would it be realistic to expect better results if I replace the Athlon 950 with an ryzen 2400 or 1500X?

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 2:05am
By resetting the LAN-Connetcion every 10 to 15 minutes at least I can download my games.
Just ordered a Ryzen 2200g and hopefully this might fix some of the Bugs.
At least it should make Bios 450 possible again.
Maybe this could help a little...

I built more than 80 Computer from scratch til now but I never had such a scrappy board.
sorry to say so, but this is far from beeing something good :(

Posted By: wardog
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 3:30am
" rel="nofollow - Have you considered this might be power related?

A 1050 req a MIN of a 320W PSU.

Might be something there to look into. Borrow a PSU to test with?

Posted By: stree
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 12:31pm
" rel="nofollow - I think Wardog is on the right track, 300 watt PSU is barely enough to cover the graphics, what about the rest of the system? 

-------------
ASRock X370-ITX BIOS 4.50
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 2933
960Evo M.2 256GB, Firecuda 1TB
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
G-Unique Archdaemon 300 Watt
Lian-li Q21B

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 3:36pm
Just tried a 450 bequiet ATX-PSU and got problems as well.
But I did not have the necessary time to check this propperly.
I will check later once I am back from the Doc with my daughter.

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 3:01pm
Good Morning,

seems like my problems are fixed:
The WIFI-Module still is unplugged.
I replaced the Athlon 950 with a Ryzen 2200g and since then, the LAn never crashed again.
I got several cold boots running without problems.

The only new problem I have:
My Samsung 690 evo is listed as USB-device and listed in the list of unplugable devices.
Somehow I will hopefully fix this.
But beside this, the computer finally is running like it should.

Posted By: wardog
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 3:32pm
" rel="nofollow - Glad to read that. So.... chalking this up to the Athlon then?

BTW, hope all is well with your Daughter.

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 3:39pm
Yes, I think, the board did not like the Athlon, thats just running on an other Baord without any trouble - til now :)
If the othe combination will run fine til weekend, I think taht Asrock should invest some energy in a bios, taht supports bristol ridge a little better...

btw:
The CPU and the board seem to work together quite well.
Just did some blind-shot-OC without any testing beside stability: http://valid.x86.fr/5fkklv" rel="nofollow - 4ghz seem far better than unstable 3,5 :)

My daughter is relatively fine.
a virus-infection, that causes her beauty to be reduced temporalyLOL, but nothing dangerous so far.

Posted By: LKBAS
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 10:33pm
Hello all,

we have similar problem with USB and SATA ports.

MB model: Asrock AB350 Gaming-ITX /ac.
CPU: A10 9700 CPU
2 x 4GB RAM

Simptoms:

we have problem with USB device freeze and sata traffic dump. when we tried copy big files from USB Disk or SATA DVD, computer frozen. Same symptoms we have with USB devices (Keyboard, Mouse) example in BIOS setting.

Last BIOS, in Windows last drivers from asrock, in linux computer same problems.

With different CPU model in this MB all works fine, when we try affected CPU in another board model works OK too.

Can you help me please.

Posted By: LKBAS
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 10:35pm
Hello all,

we have similar problem with USB and SATA ports.

MB model: Asrock AB350 Gaming-ITX /ac.
CPU: A10 9700 CPU
2 x 4GB RAM

Simptoms:

we have problem with USB device freeze and sata traffic dump. when we tried copy big files from USB Disk or SATA DVD, computer frozen. Same symptoms we have with USB devices (Keyboard, Mouse) example in BIOS setting.

Last BIOS, in Windows last drivers from asrock, in linux computer same problems.

With different CPU model in this MB all works fine, when we try affected CPU in another board model works OK too.

Can you help me please.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 2:00am
Hmm,
I fixed my problems be uninstalling the WiFi-card.
Could be quite hard to uninstall the USB-Ports without destroying the board...
Meanwile I switched to a Athlon 200GE, that consumes less power and somehow feels smoother.

could this help for you as well?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net