ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error version bios 3.10 for B450M and B450

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error version bios 3.10 for B450M and B450
    Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 2:21am
I have a B450M board with AMD apu 2200G and it works for over 6 months.
Version 2.0 bios worked flawlessly.
The new version 3.10 has a bootloader problem.

After updating the bios to 3.10 board / bios can not see any disk (SSD and HDD).
Also, doesn't see any of the boot partitions.
The CSM on / off feature also does not work and is a buggy.
Occasionally, after the bios reboot, all partitions on all disks appear, but they do not see the reboot again.
One in about 20 attempts, partitions appeared all partitions and I introduced the system.
They are not visible again after restart.

I have GPT / UEFI Linux + windows 10 and there was no problem with bios 2.10.

The second issue concerns not working downgrade bios from Flash Disk.
I tried downgrade bios from 3.10 back to 2.0 with a flash drive.
Bios sees Flash disk and bios files, but either the bios 2.0 screen will blink and the bios downgrade will not start or write "invalid file".
Also Downgrade 1.2 version of bios not work.

It only worked downgrade from Windows 10.
But very hard to get into the system due to cycling problem with bootloader not see HDD, SSD.

The same problem has another Internet user, I'm not alone.

[URL=https://www.computerbase.de/forum/threads/asrock-b450-pro4-boot-probleme-und-komm-nicht-wirklich-ins-bios.1861866/]https://www.computerbase.de/forum/threads/asrock-b450-pro4-boot-probleme-und-komm-nicht-wirklich-ins-bios.1861866/[/URL]
Historical View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 2:34am
Edit:
2.10 to be 2.0

On version of bios 3.10 only work reinstal bios 3.10 from flash disk, downgrade to lower version not work.
SKYPREDA7OR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKYPREDA7OR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 5:40pm
Hello mate, I have Ryzen 5 1600x, and I have ASRock B450M-Pro4 I was perfectly fine with 2.00 Bios, but this morning just 1 hr ago, I saw the new Bios 3.10 and I saw AGESA update and I did successfully update the Bios to 3.10, but after I found many floods in it, I couldn't control fans, and other stuff, I was OK i will downgrade to 2.00, and when I Run Instant Flash, screen kinda freezes for 3 seconds and gives me the Invalid File, tried from 2 different USB's and I keep trying but I cannot go back to my awesome 2.00, you mentioned a windows downgrade but I have never done that is that safe what did you do?
I do have this issue and I really don't know what to do?
Historical View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by SKYPREDA7OR SKYPREDA7OR wrote:

Hello mate, I have Ryzen 5 1600x, and I have ASRock B450M-Pro4 I was perfectly fine with 2.00 Bios, but this morning just 1 hr ago, I saw the new Bios 3.10 and I saw AGESA update and I did successfully update the Bios to 3.10, but after I found many floods in it, I couldn't control fans, and other stuff, I was OK i will downgrade to 2.00, and when I Run Instant Flash, screen kinda freezes for 3 seconds and gives me the Invalid File, tried from 2 different USB's and I keep trying but I cannot go back to my awesome 2.00, you mentioned a windows downgrade but I have never done that is that safe what did you do?
I do have this issue and I really don't know what to do?

Hi SKYPREDA7OR,

I managed to get into Windows 10 after about twenty attempts.

And through Instant Flash make downgrade to 2.0.
After another try to upgrade through instant flash to 3.10 but still problems.
Downgrade to 2.0 again, but the bios failed. The whole board is destroyed. I wrote it to Asrock Technical Support, but they refuse to communicate.

Previous board B450M without OC destroyed my AMD 2400G. The downgrade board has now been destroyed using the official Asrock tool.
Asrock is not communicating with me on compensation or technical support and has received very detailed info from me.

I'll never buy anything from Asrock again and I'll talk to all my friends.

Now the total damage caused me is ~ $ 170 for AMD 2400g, ~ $ 100 B450M.
And for 2 months I couldn't use my PC for complaints that were not recognized by the seller.
SKYPREDA7OR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKYPREDA7OR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 12:58pm
Oh mate, I feel so bad that this happens to you in this way, my all issue was I was all good and fine on Bios 2.00, but as I said in the first response I saw that the AMD Agesa was updated, and I really wanted to see what new is been brought in! And yes without problems I managed to flush from 2.00 to 3.10 but the thing with 3.10 was very messy. Half of the things of 2.00 were gone, Tctrl for fans was gone, I mean much other stuff was gone, nothing improved just added SOC voltage to CPU in which in 2.00 was never there just VID core voltage, I couldn't control my fans on my AiO, on my case nothing, because you know that AMD has an offset for temperature, in the bios CPU temp always stays 60c and don't move up or down. And the AMD offset is 20c+ from normal, my fans were speeding on full speed 2000 rpm, in which I never want them to go that fast tho! And after many searches in the bios and tweaks, I really couldn't do anything, and for some reasson, the SOC voltage was not been implied? I had enough and I was ok, I want my old bios back the 2.00 one, I downloaded from ASRock web page where my MB is, added on USB and went to Instant Flush and when I am clicking the instant flash the old bios 2.00 is been shown, it says Update or Cancel and I click Update as normal but right there screen froze for maybe 15 seconds or so and I get "Invalid file" message?! I was like, hmmm, what is this? Ok downloaded again added on another USB, guess what the SAME thing, I tried 15 times all same. And I remember that you said that you managed to downgrade back to 2.00 with the Windows flushing?! I was like ok I am doing this, and I downloaded the Windows BIOS file and I executed the file, and for some reasson, everything went fine PC restarted and started to downgrade from 3.10 to 2.00, it finished and I was back to 2.00, FINALLY !!! And for now, there are no issues all cool as before I managed to restore my saved profile for Overclocked CPU and all other stuff on Bios. And I am never ever going back to 3.10 too much risk, If ASRock add some new one improved maybe, but I am totally fine with this one, my board and CPU and ram are brand new I bought them 2 months ago! So I am totally pissed to see that you MB got corrupt and CPU, are you sure that even your CPU is damaged throughout the process? I am speechless from ASRock man, they never released such a bad BIOS by now, I am with ASRock long time, but I did a mistake when I was buying this board I should have bought an ASUS one, but I was like I know ASRock they are easy to work and I know the bios. But I guess something very bad is happening with their BIOS'es now.
Daveydguk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveydguk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 6:02pm
Tried installing bios 3.10 again with correct all in one drivers for b450 itx board. HDMI audio once again is not present over rx 580 card. Firmware 1.70 works fine.

Can asrock please provide some guidance or acknowledgement of the next firmware release.

Thanks.
brkkab123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brkkab123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 10:37pm
ASRock obviously knows the uefi version 3.10 is crap.
The reason I say this is because it's available for every AMD *4** series mobo, except for the X470 Taichi Ultimate, which I have.
It's available for all the B450 and X470's except just the X470 Taichi Ultimate.
Check their website for all the mobo's bios download page and you'll see the only board missing the 3.10 uefi is the X470 Taichi Ultimate, yet the regular X470 Taichi and all other's have it.
Just by reading this forum everyday, I'm sorry I didn't go wirh ASUS again.
Daveydguk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveydguk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 1:42am
On the instructions for bios 3.10 it states.

* User will not able to flash previous BIOS once upgrading to this BIOS version

This is mis-information as I used the previous windows bios update to reflash back to 1.7 on itx board.

Come on Asrock, get your act together.
Daveydguk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveydguk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 3:13pm
In regards to firmware 3.10 disabling hdmi sound. Im running a 2400g Ryzen and Saphire Pulse RX 580 4Gb card on the b450 fatal1ty itx board.
mir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 7:23pm
Seems Asrock is rulling a new 3.20 bios out for b450 and x370 chipsets.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic