ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Fatal1ty B85 network connection issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianchesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Fatal1ty B85 network connection issue
    Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 12:56am
I cannot for the life of me connect to the internet. My Killer E2200 ethernet controller is not being recognized (shows up in devide manager under other devices as a yellow !). Under network adapters I have Microsoft Kernnel Debug Network Adapter. I have tried downloading drivers from my laptop to USB after doing a fresh install of Windows 8 Pro but nothing seems to work with Windows 8.

Help would very much be appreciated!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 1:18am
This is the download page for your board's Windows 8 drivers. I would download and install version: 1.1.56.1651 of the LAN driver. It has a small icon that says "LAN" with 2 connected PCs behind it.
ianchesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianchesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 2:49am
I tried installing those drivers and it said it wasn't compatable with Windows 8. :(
ianchesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianchesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 2:56am
Just tried it again, message I get once I attempt to start the install is, "This installation does not support Windows 8." The header says, "Unsupported Operating System Detected."
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 12:09pm
Windows 8 comes in 32 bit and 64 bit versions, make sure you are installing the correct version.
ianchesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianchesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 12:22pm
Just double checked, I have the 64-bit OS installed and my PC is 64-bit, x64-based processor.

It's i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz w/ 16 GB RAM incase you need that info.

I ordered a PCI Network Adaptor incase the onboard one is bad. Should be here in a few days.

I'd still love to try to sort out the issue though. Thank you so much for all the help so far!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 12:27pm
Try installing version 1.1.52.1451. The other download may be mislabeled and actually be for the 32bit OS. Given you are getting "This installation does not support Windows 8." I don't think it is the LAN adapter, ,more likely just the wrong driver.
ianchesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianchesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 1:20am
I did that one as well. Same issue with it says it doesn't work with Windows 8.
ianchesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianchesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2016 at 9:48am
I'm just waiting for my new PCI network adaptor to show up now.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2016 at 12:58pm
Did you notice the Installation guide link in the description of the Killer LAN driver? I know it refers to Windows 10, but worth a look:

http://www.asrock.com/support/note/KillerLan(v1.1.52.1451).pdf

Otherwise, the drivers suggested by Xaltar are the same ones supplied with other ASRock boards that use the Qualcomm® Atheros® Killer??E2200 Series LAN chip.

You didn't disable it in BIOS for some reason?

What error is shown in Device Manager for the E2200 LAN chip?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic