ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 Extreme 4+ Suspend to RAM issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Dan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 7:10pm
Askannon,

The following site has a complete listing of troubleshooting steps for identifying computer sleep problems.  The steps apply to Windows 10 and prior.  There's a lot of information there, so read carefully and take your time:

You may have to copy and paste the link into your browser address window.

Dan

Edited by Xaltar - 02 Dec 2015 at 7:13pm
Askannon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Askannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 2:45am
Hey guys,

I have some issues with my Z170 Exreme 4+ (FW 1.90) board when it put it to sleep with suspend to RAM.
I am using Win10. Putting it into sleep seems to work ok. It shuts off like it should be.
But it wakes up without me doing anything after about 10 seconds and it shows the POST screen. And once POST is done it doesn't even reboot the OS but it powers off again and then wakes up after another 10 seconds only to go into POST again. This now keeps on happening in a infinite loop and I have no way of breaking the loop other than clearing CMOS.

I tried to play around with setting like "Deep Sleep" in a ll different options and also different ACPI weakup settings. The only time this is not happening is if I disable all ACPI weakup options. But then I can't get the box out of stand-by at all. When I press the power button it just does a regular boot and Windows complains that it was shutdown incorrectly.

Any ideas or anybody happens to experience similar issues? Other than this the board has no issues and Win10 works very well with it.

CPU: i7-6700
MEM: 4x8GB G.Skill DDR4 3200
GPU: GTX 760
HDD: Samsung 850 EVO 2TB

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic