ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

GPU not recognised

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Epimetheus2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epimetheus2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 3:36pm
Hi guys,

I've just built/upgraded my PC to an 11th gen i7 after years with an FX6300. However, I'm having issues with my old & working GPU (GTX970) being recognised by windows.

I've got a B560M Steel Legend motherboard and used the 'ASRock Live Update & App shop' to install drivers windows missed. Windows missed a driver to do with the PCIe lane, and previously the graphics card was shown as 'default PCI device' or something similar. After letting the ASRock tool do its job, there was no longer any warning symbols in the device manager, but also no graphics card

I first built the on the table without a graphics card attached, so wonder if the bios maybe configured itself to not use a graphics card? or maybe gave PCI lanes to my M.2 SSD? I have no idea.

Any advice/solutions would be greatly appreciated! I've read a few other posts here about graphics cards not being recognised by ASRock motherboards, hence the post.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic