FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 taichi WiFi issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Ken429 Ken429 wrote:

The curious thing is I have two Wi-Fi networks - the SMC Router and the Hawking Extender

I asked of complexity, yet are these two, the Netgear and Hawking, on the same subnet? Too, the latest Netgear driver(s) being used for the adapter? And installed correctly? Some req drivers be installed first before plugging the adapter in for the first time.

Pardon me for the seemingly stupid questions. Yet they need ask/answered so that I, here, have the best and through understanding. I'd rathe diagnose an OC over the internet than these types of issues. I trust you understand.

What's the model # of the Netgear adapter and Hawking extender?

Latest FW installed on the Hawking also?

Ken429 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 11:30pm
wardog,

For what it's worth, I installed the Netgear USB3 Adapter on the Taichi system and it connected to the SMC router with no issues. So...it appears there is one more bug for ASRock to work out on the Taichi Hardware/BIOS!

The one thing that was slightly different between signing on to the Hawking Range Extender and the SMC Router was Windows wanted a Password to connect via the Hawking and the 8 digit Pin Number to connect to the SMC Router.
Ken429 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 6:41pm
wardog,

I changed the security on the SMC Router to WPA2 and it had no effect. The system tries to connect but fails. The curious thing is I have two Wi-Fi networks - the SMC Router and the Hawking Extender and the Taichi only shows the SMC Router Network.

I just installed the Netgear AC1200 WiFi Adapter on another computer and it sees both my Wi-Fi networks and allows me to sign in and every thing works as advertised. The Netgear USB Adapter also shows all my neighbors Routers/Networks which is more normal!

I'm will install the Netgear USB device on the Taichi and see what happens. Should I turn off the Taichi on-board Radio before trying to install the Netgear Adapter?

Edited by Ken429 - 21 Jun 2017 at 7:00pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 7:10am
Ahhhh........ only WPA, not WPA-2.

Take it/carry it somewhere you know uses WPA-2, enter the UN and PW, and report back please.

I don't have docs available on the included adapter card yet most newer ones are locked to WPA-2 as a minimum. I'm not 100% sure it's WPA2 min. but give it  a try.

Or borrow a friends WPA-2 capable router for an hour or so.

Ken429 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 4:47am
wardog,
The Network is about as basic as it gets nothing unusual that I'm aware of.

As I stated in my original post, I using an old SMC WGBR14-N Router that has never failed me until now?! I have no Idea if the Firmware is up to date since SMC has moved on and I have had no reason to mess with the firmware.
Somewhere a long time ago I made a comment in the SMC Manual that it's set for WPA-Only, Trip. The Pre-Sharing Key is set to my Password.

Since again as I said I'm my original post it works with several Laptops, several Amazon Kindle Fires and Smart Phones. I also have a Hawking HWBN2 Range Extender but that is connected via the Ethernet. Again, it seems to handle anything that comes it's way. But...the X370 Taichi/Windows 10 does not see it only the SMC Wi-Fi. It might be that it is out of range.

I have resisted buying a new Router since I do not make extensive use of Wi-Fi and the old SMC Router gets the job done with the Ethernet Network.

Edited by Ken429 - 21 Jun 2017 at 4:55am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 3:01am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Also, what router, by model number. And is the routers FW up to date?

This maybe more so ...........
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 3:00am
The radio you're trying to connect to, what Security is it using for the connection?

Your network. Is it just a basic network, or are there subnets?

Also, what router, by model number. And is the routers FW up to date?
Ken429 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 2:30am
wardog,
Did what you suggested - went to Device Manager and deleted the Wi-Fi adapter and checked the remove software.

I disconnected he Ethernet cable and rebooted system.

The system re installed the Wi-Fi adapter and installed an older version of the Intel Driver -10/31/2016 version 15.20.3.4.

Nothing changed. When I try to setup a new network using the Control Panel>Network & Sharing Windows goes into a FUNK looking for a network. When I go to Settings>Network & Internet and click Show Available Networks it finds the Wi-Fi Network but will not connect even though it asks for the Security Code and thinks about it for several seconds. Exactly as I said in previous post.

Am I the only guy having this issue trying to use the Wi-Fi on this M/B? Or is everybody else using the Ethernet connection?

I have a NetGear AC1200 WiFi USB 3.0 Adapter. Can I disable the Intel Wi-Fi Adapter on the M/B and try the NetGear Adapter or will that just add to the confusion?

Edited by Ken429 - 21 Jun 2017 at 2:36am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Try using Device Manage to delete the adapter _and _ it's associated driver(s) and files. Then immediately after reboot.

Reply back please.

Do this with the network//ethernet cable disconnected beforehand.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 6:35pm
Try using Device Manage to delete the adapter _and _ it's associated driver(s) and files. Then immediately after reboot.

Reply back please.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic