ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 clear CMOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nknelson56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nknelson56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 clear CMOS
    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 8:25am
Thank you. You are correct that the manual states this (pretty clearly). I didn't think to check there, since I assumed tech support would give me correct advice. Now I just hope clearing the CMOS clears up the problem.
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 7:50am
Page 21 of the manual states "To clear and reset the system parameters to default setup, please turn off the computer and unplug the power cord, then use a jumper cap to short the pins on CLRMOS1 for 3 seconds. Please remember to remove the jumper cap after clearing the CMOS. If you need to clear the CMOS when you just finish updating the BIOS, you must boot up the system first, and then shut it down before you do the clear-CMOS action."
You should also read Xaltar's post about fully resetting a CMOS:
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
nknelson56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nknelson56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 4:46am
I'm having problems with my Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 not powering on. Tech support suggested "Located (sic) the CMOS jumper, remove jumper from 1-2 pins and recap on 2-3pins. Leave jumper on 2-3 pins". I wrote back saying there's only two pins, not three. I suppose they may respond to my query some day, but man are they slow. Can anybody beat them to the punch and tell me how to clear the CMOS?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic