ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No signals and reboot: X399 Phantom Gaming 6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Alewarden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alewarden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No signals and reboot: X399 Phantom Gaming 6
    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 5:53am
Well.. It was a bad memory. All 4 stick. I still can't believe in it. But it's true. Warranty service approved it was defective. I can imagine that 1 stick is bad, but all 4!? Without any visible damage. Shop replaced it and now my system boots.

But I still can't understand why this mobo doesn't have any debug display/led or speaker. It could save me a lot of time if I could see that it's memory error.
Alewarden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alewarden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 12:32am
As I see there is no place to set speaker from another mb. My mobo is already on table =) Well, I will continue my tries tomorrow and will make some photos.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 9:39pm
Hmm, strange.

At this point it could be anything - CPU, PSU, mobo, you name it.

Can you source some beeper, hook it up to the mobo header and see if you get any beeps?

Or maybe get the mobo outside the case and try it on the table? Some pics may also help us spot something you are missing.
Alewarden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alewarden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by xhue xhue wrote:

Hi!

Leave only the GPU inside and 1 stick of RAM in A2.

Re-seat the CPU, check all cables and connectors twice.

Clear CMOS and try booting now.

Just tried, but unfortunately the same result - 30 seconds without signals then reboot.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 6:15pm
Hi!

Leave only the GPU inside and 1 stick of RAM in A2.

Re-seat the CPU, check all cables and connectors twice.

Clear CMOS and try booting now.
Alewarden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alewarden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 6:07pm
Hi there,

I have the following setup:

CPU: Treadreaper 1950X
RAM: HyperX HX424C15FBK4/64 (4x16)
GPU: Nvidia GEFORCE GTX1080
PSU: Aerocool Strike-X 1100W

Memory were set in 4 channel mode (D2, C2, A2, B2).

PC boots without without video signal and without any "beep" sound (I've just realized that there is no speaker on this mobo). All fans and leds are on. It works 30 seconds and then reboots.

I tried to eject all peripherals, ssd disk, video card and ejected all memory and tried to insert one by one, but result is always the same.

I tested PSU with different PC - it works. GPU works too.

I'm kinda confused. How it's possible to make mobo without bios speaker and dr.debug display? How to debug it now?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic