ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

windows 7- no ps/2 simulator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Lyfficun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyfficun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: windows 7- no ps/2 simulator
    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 9:35pm
More thanks
yakuman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yakuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 4:00am
You don't need it.  Just patch your Windows 7 ISO file and follow the instructions from the link to install from USB drive.  Then boot from the drive.
Lyfficun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyfficun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 3:27am
Thanks, but my BIOS does not have this capability.
Lyfficun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyfficun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 3:04am
Thanks, but my BIOS does not have this capability.
yakuman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yakuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 1:11am
Use ASRock's Windows 7 USB Patcher: http://www.asrock.com/microsite/Win7Install/.  I used the Z270 version for my Z370 mobo and it worked.  Disappointingly, the PS/2 simulator failed on my Z370 Taichi.  Maybe it doesn't work on USB 3.0 ports?  That's why I had to use the patch.
Lyfficun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyfficun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 10:27pm
Hello, 
I recently put together a new Computer. Can't install Windows because when you run the OS stops working keyboard and mouse. What you need to do to resolve this problem? The version of the BIOS "P3.10", the model name of the motherboard "AB350M-HDV/M/ASRK". 
Thanks in advance!
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 8:00pm
Greetings, this is ASRock Technical Supports Department.

We tested B150 gaming K4 BIOS P1.30, the PS/2 simulator exist in BIOS properly.
Please find the item in Advanced -> USB Configuration.

In addition, you can use our USB patcher to build a USB-usable image for Windows 7 on 100 series platform.
http://www.asrock.com/microsite/Win7Install/ 

Thank you for your patience.
If any, please feel free to contact us!

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 6:26pm
You might if you haven't already tried plug your KB into a _native_ USB 2.0 port and attempt again.
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 5:12pm
And now would be as good as time as any to update your BIOS to the latest available.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 5:10pm
According to your MB manual, pg41

BIOS > > Advanced > USB Configuration > PS/2 Simulator

If that option is not where it is said to be, all I can offer is to locate and use a bone simple PS/2 KB.

It's been documented many many times that gaming type keyboards cause this issue while trying to set up a new ssystem. Most likely due to them having their own processor and memory inside.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic