ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670E PG Lightning - How to enable virtuali

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jlsbraga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlsbraga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X670E PG Lightning - How to enable virtuali
    Posted: 25 May 2024 at 3:30pm
Thank you very much!
I was unable to perform the WSL update necessary to run Docker Desktop on Windows 11. I performed a multitude of procedures. The last remaining action was to activate virtualization, I looked for it and couldn't find it. Consulting the copilot I received the suggestion to create a new user and try the procedure, it worked. Windows is bizarre!
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2024 at 8:56pm
it is enabled by default. it must be in the CPU settings if you want to make sure.

I run BIOS on pretty much default settings, never had to touch virtualization settings and im running linux and windows VMs with GPU passthrough.
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
jlsbraga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlsbraga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2024 at 8:50am
Hello! I've been looking for a while and haven't found anything on the internet for a way to activate virtualization in the bios. I must be looking wrong. I've seen several tips for activating the advanced tab, but the options available in my 2.02 bios are different. There is nothing that beats AMD-V or NVM. I thank you for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic