FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

USB-BIOS-FLASHBACK Without screen?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USB-BIOS-FLASHBACK Without screen?
    Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 8:12am
Originally posted by levinnelio levinnelio wrote:

One more question, do I have to do something to flashback onto the other chip (if so, what), or does it update automatically?

This is covered in the Manual how to perform it.
levinnelio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinnelio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 6:58am
[URL=][/URL]One more question, do I have to do something to flashback onto the other chip (if so, what), or does it update automatically?

Edited by levinnelio - 12 Jul 2017 at 6:59am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 7:17pm
Good of them. For free.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinnelio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:23pm
Yeah, i asked the service at ASRock and they told me the same... It looks like they'll send a Rom chip with 7.20 on it for free. I'm really happy it's that simple and user friendly.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 7:12am
Originally posted by levinnelio levinnelio wrote:

Do you think i could buy one from ebay? Or does it make a big difference...?

No difference buying from eBay, as long as the chip is correct and it has at least the 7.10 UEFI/BIOS version that is compatible with your Kaby Lake processor. I've never heard of anyone having a bad experience with buying the chip from eBay.

Just so you know, you cannot do a UEFI/BIOS update with a USB flash drive in your situation, since your CPU cannot operate at all without the compatible UEFI version. If the CPU cannot work, you can't do anything. Actually it is the processors microcode that is part of the UEFI file that must be compatible with a Kaby Lake processor. Your only option is to replace the chip with a compatible UEFI version in it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinnelio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 4:07am
Do you think i could buy one from ebay? Or does it make a big difference...?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinnelio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:59am
Thank you very much, I'll try what you said and then reply.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:56am
Yea, you need to update those BIOS chips to at least P7.10

I can offer you a less expensive way than buying a lower processor to update. Your location may take time for it to arrive though. I say "it' as you only need one with P7.10 or higher to boot and flashback onto the other

Contact ASRock using http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp and explain your issue and location. They may charge you the customary $15.00USD or they may not to send you a pre-flashed chip with the newest BIOS revision.

Keep us posted please.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinnelio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:48am
I also got a dvd with a "user manual, drivers and utilities" , dunno if that could help tho.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinnelio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:44am
The MoBo is factory new, but I ordered it from Amazon, which I won't do again since on other PC sites there are way better offers. On the chips it says   

P2.80
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic