ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Gaming i7 Build (Tech YES City)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DStealth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DStealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z370 Gaming i7 Build (Tech YES City)
    Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:36am
Thanks,
EK360 AIO cooler and some good ambient right there :)

izbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote izbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 4:47pm
Awesome overclock there! And all this without delid? Crazy!

What's your cooling solution, and which temps do you reach?
DStealth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DStealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 6:09pm
Awaiting Nick to introduce Z370 OCF then :)
Thanks will try to delid it in a couple of days as this is only with 1.4v supplied, did you see the cache OC ;)

Edited by DStealth - 26 Oct 2017 at 6:19pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 5:18pm
The gaming i7 will have a higher quality VRM/power design. In my experience however that is only useful in extreme overclocking scenarios (LN2 etc) as it can provide cleaner current in more extreme loads. 

You are already at almost 5.4ghz, that is one hell of a (good) chip you have there. Honestly I doubt another board will get much more out of it. 
DStealth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DStealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 11:19am
Hello again,
Can someone with deeper knowledge explain the difference between mine Gaming K6 and this i7 board.
Just asking in terms of overclocking. As I can get i7 one but wondering apart from almost 30% more expansive and having Wifi what are the differences in BIOS, board circuit, components etc...
All Extreme4, Gaming K6, Taichi and Gaming i7 are stating - 12 Power Phase design  - Premium 60A Power Choke - Premium Memory Alloy Choke
http://www.asrock.com/mb/compare.asp?Models=Fatal1ty%20Z370%20Professional%20Gaming%20i7,Fatal1ty%20Z370%20Gaming%20K6,Z370%20Extreme4,Z370%20Taichi
Here's my best run on K6 sofar w/o delid:

Edit: According to Intel XTU Vcore is set to adaptive even in BIOS is set to fixed. Just fix it via XTU in Windows and seems the OC is stable and results higher:

Edited by DStealth - 26 Oct 2017 at 1:05pm
DStealth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DStealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 9:17pm
Thanks Asrock just saw you uploaded the tool.
Thanks once again
http://asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z370%20Gaming%20K6/index.asp#osW1064
F-Stream Tuning Utility ver:3.0.173

Thumbs Up
DStealth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DStealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 10:42pm
There's no A/F-Tuning utility in app shop. Very strange behavior from Asrock having this tool for some cheaper boards like pro4 but not Gaming k4... 

Anyway just put Top 30 worldwide result in 3dmark Firestrike single GPU with it...

Almost pushed to 4Ghz memory with 4 modules but in the trade of 2T instead 1T...

Edited by DStealth - 22 Oct 2017 at 4:22pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 10:32pm
Did you try installing and running the APP Shop program for your board? You might find the utility you want that way. APP Shop is on your board's download page.

You cannot use any of the other versions of A-Tuning, F-Stream, etc, with your board, they will not work. You MUST use the utility made for your board.

If you cannot find the utility now, it should be available later.
DStealth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DStealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 12:15am
I have K6(as written in my post) not i7...tried all other versions for z370 and returning error code on my board
No utility .
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 9:52pm
Your board has the F-Stream Tuning Utility, which serves the same purpose as any of the other ASRock tuning utilities, just with a different name. Some boards use A-Tuning, others a different version. For your board it is F-Stream, available on your board's download page:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z370%20Professional%20Gaming%20i7/index.asp#osW1064

Another program that is very good for over clocking in Windows is Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility. But so far it has not been updated for Coffee Lake processors yet. I suggest checking for updates to IXTU:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-?product=66427
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic