ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gen 3 PCIe GPU on a B650E Tachi Lite

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
atiracer@yahoo.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atiracer@yahoo.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gen 3 PCIe GPU on a B650E Tachi Lite
    Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 10:36am
More info to ponder. I tried the 2080 with an HDMI cable and it will POST into the BIOS. Plug in a DP cable and issue returns. I tried four different DP cables and all three DP ports on the card and it's the same issue. I even unplugged the DP cable from the monitor but left it in the GPU port and the issue occurred. I also tried the 2080 in the 2nd PCIe slot and it's the same as the 1st slot, only works with HDMI.

I have never seen an issue like this before and at a loss.
atiracer@yahoo.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atiracer@yahoo.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 4:59am
Hello, everyone.

I'm building my second B650E Tachi Lite but I am unable to post with a RTX 2080 Gen 3 PCie card GPU installed in PCIe 1. The system does post into the BIOS off the CPU graphics but not with the 2080. Is there a compatible issue with running a Gen 3 GPU in a Gen 5 slot? As far as I know, there shouldn't be unless there is a setting in BIOS that needs to be set.

Some configuration info.

-2080 works and just came out of another system. All contacts are undamaged.
-PCIe slot looks clean with no visible damage (The 2080 was fully seated).
-BIOS is still 3.02 (out of the box) and set to default settings.
-Installed M.2 is in the 2nd M.2 slot (Gen 4 drive).
-1st and 3rd M.2 slots are empty.
-I have not tried PCIe slot two yet.
-1000w PSU.
-7800x3D CPU.
-System tries to post but then restarts at either code 70 or F3 It doesn't stop at the code, just loops back to trying to start again.

I had no issues with the other system which is virtually the same as this one except it has a RTX 4080 in it. That system is connected to my sim racing rig and would be too much of a pain to pull the 4080 and try it. Hoping this is something simple and not a compatibility issue or even a bad PCIe slot. Was planning on using the 2080 for now and upgrading the GPU later when needed.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic