ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x670e PG Lightning and PCIe 4.0 GPU Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Dobw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x670e PG Lightning and PCIe 4.0 GPU Issues
    Posted: 3 hours 38 minutes ago at 2:42am
Dobw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 40 minutes ago at 2:40am
Hello all,

Been struggling to figure out what's going on with this new build I put together. I think I have it narrowed down to the PCIE 1 Slot and originally thought it was a hardware defect but the more I dig in the more I think it's BIOS or software related.

This thread here:

https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=27201&title=when-pcie-x16-is-set-to-gen-4-system-doesnt-boot

Explains what I'm facing almost to a tee. Only difference being that I am able to boot reliably - it's just a huge stuttery/laggy mess trying to open Edge or open File Explorer. Get Visual Artifacting and also sound pops.

---

Using a PCIe 3 GPU (Nvidia 1070) - the PCIe 1 Slot with default BIOS (PCIe x16 Link Speed: Auto) - everything works as expected.

Using a PCIe 4 GPU (Nvidia 3080 FE) - the PCIe 1 Slot with default BIOS (PCIe x16 Link Speed: Auto) - random shut offs, stuttering, unusable.

Using a PCIe 4 GPU (Nvidia 4070 Super) - the PCIe 1 Slot with default BIOS (PCIe x16 Link Speed: Auto) - random shut offs, stuttering, unusable.

Using a PCIe 4 GPU (4070 Super and 3080 FE) - the PCIe 1 Slot with PCIe x16 Link Speed set to Gen 3 - works as expected and no stuttering/shut offs/issues.

---

CPU: Ryzen 7950x3D

GPU: 3080 FE / 4070 Super (Updated Drivers / also wiped with DDU and reinstall)

Motherboard: ASRock x670e PG Lightning (Updated BIOS - running 3.08)

Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000MHz CL30 (on QVL)

M2_1 and M2_4 both being used - Solidigm P44 Pro

---

Using PCIe 3 slot works flawlessly with default settings.

Have tried disabling fTPM with no success.

Have tried setting Nvidia 3D Power Management mode to Prefer maximum performance with no success.

Reinstall Windows numerous times and driver reinstalls numerous times with no success.

---

Any ideas here? I've read almost every explanation from MB BIOS Version being out of date, GPU vBIOS being out of date, CPU being defective, PSU not delivering enough power, etc, etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic