ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Bricked BIOS Update
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Bricked BIOS Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
RecceDG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RecceDG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Bricked BIOS Update
    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:02am
No contact from ASRock AT ALL, despite 3 trouble tickets and an email.

I sent the board back and I'm replacing it with a Gigabyte. Never again.
RecceDG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RecceDG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 11:10pm
Nothing has worked.

Currently waiting on ASRock to answer my trouble ticket.
cristy6100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 6:03am
You can also try this when it post loops:
When the Fans start to spin faster just after boot, press the reset button for 2 sec. then release, wait 2 sec then press again (every time just as the Fans ramp up) do this 4 times, then the 5th time press the power button until forced off, then power on again and wait, it should boot.
If it does not, try as I mentioned above with other memory module, if still no boot your best bet is Warranty from the retailer or RMA

Edited by cristy6100 - 30 Mar 2018 at 6:05am
cristy6100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 5:58am
Wait about 3-4 post loops, if the loops are with power on for 3-4 seconds then full shutdown then again power on its the Memory Training function, it should boot after, if not try with other DDR4 memory. It sounds like a memory incompatibility, many people have problems with G-Skill memory with latest bios releases, AGESA 1.0.0.2 was released 2 days ago, it might fix these problems and others when it becomes available from ASRock, but seeing that you cant boot the system with current memory you will need to install some other type of DDR4, I never had problems with Corsair LPX DDR4 not booting on the AM4 platform

Edited by cristy6100 - 30 Mar 2018 at 6:01am
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 5:18am
flashing bios always takes some sort of risk, u should avoid it if u have no issue.
next time load bios defaults then flash.

u can try to reset cmos with unpluged battery
or hit few time reset button when powered on with 1secon intervals until it beeps, once it beeps, hit reset 2 times more so it will beep 3times in total, this should bypass recovery capsule (which can also have some bad data)

if nothing helps, RMA your board
RecceDG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RecceDG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 4:40am
So I built myself a system with a Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac, a Ryzen 5 2400G, and 16Gb of GSkill FlareX 3200 RAM.

Power up the system, endless POST loop.

Pulled one of the RAM sticks, get the BIOS screen.

Power down, re-insert RAM, seems to seat a little deeper. Power up, get BIOS screen. Set RAM to 3200, reboot. System comes up at 3200 RAM. Awesome!

Connect hard drive that has Windows 10 on it. Machine boots. Start downloading drivers. Check BIOS version and I have 4.40, so I grab 4.51 at the same time. That gets loaded on a USB stick.

Install a bunch of drivers, reboot machine. F6 for QuickFlash, and it finds the BIOS file on the stick. Install it, and it gets to 100% complete and says to reboot machine.

Reboot, and get endless POST loop. No BIOS screen.

Pull and reseat memory. Try all variations of 1 and 2 sticks in various slots. No change.

Use reset CMOS jumper. No change.

Again pull and try different RAM sticks. No change.

Looks like it is bricked. What the hell ASRock? I specifically gave you a shot over my usual go-to brand because of the NPP....

How do I get this fixed?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic