ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIOS Settings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeizerGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIOS Settings
    Posted: 25 May 2024 at 1:45am
Good morning all!
     I recently moved from the AMD camp to Intel after my R5 2600X decided to step out. I haven't had Intel in forever and haven't kept privy to the new stuff they're putting out. Mt current build is the ASRock Z790M PG Lightning/D4 MicroATX mobo with an i7 14700K, 2Tb NVMe(additional 6 combined Tb on SSD), 32gb 3200Mhz RAM, RTX 3060OC Ventus x2 12Gb. I never realized how much heat the new Intel chips put out under load. I realized yesterday BIOS needed the recent 11.04 version, so I got the new version set up last night. My initial cooler was a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Halo RGB which could barely keep my CPU from throttling at load while playing Helldivers 2, around 92-97C with multiple cores pretty consistently spiking to 100C. I ended up upgrading to a Corsair H100X 240mm AIO after spending the last week trying to tweak fan curves. Now it is a more bearable 85-87C, with occasional 100C spike on a core or two. That being said, in BIOS, what are the settings I need to confirm are set to Intel recommended settings? I just find it super weird to have a CPU run so hot. The setup is super fun and high performing, but the temps I'm not thrilled about. Please help.
-Stephen

For when you think you have enough, add some more
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2024 at 11:39am
It shouldn't reach 100c while gaming, because it draws idk relatively little, ~80watt during so?

I don't think it should have spikes of temperature (for one core).

From what app are those numbers?

Check cooling, bend of lga1700 socket, the chip itself.

asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic