ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Thunderbolt 4 AIC not working on B650E PG Riptide
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thunderbolt 4 AIC not working on B650E PG Riptide

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcguy22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thunderbolt 4 AIC not working on B650E PG Riptide
    Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 8:02am
I installed the ASRock Thunderbolt 4 AIC on my B650E PG Riptide WiFi motherboard but it is not working. I connected it to PCIE3 and TB1 header. And a USB 2.0 header. I also added a display port cable between the AIC and my 4080 GPU(not sure if I need this display port connection because I don't plan on using it for a display).   

Is there a way I can get this thing working? I connected a Thunderbolt external SSD but it is not recognized on my computer. It did recognize in the beginning. But I was not able to transfer files to it. I did format the SSD M2 drive. The drive did work on another computer with Thunderbolt 4.

I noticed that my particular motherboard was not on the supported list of motherboards. However my motherboard does have the Thunderbolt 4 TB1 header.

Do I need to make an adjustment in the BIOS? Please help!     
carukc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carukc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 7:15am
I am having he same problem. Did you manage to find a solution.

In my case TB is enabled in the BIOS, the header is connected and I my ASRock TB3 adapter is plugged into PCIE3.

Chris
Sunain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 5:05am
I'm looking to make an AM5 build and the ASRock B650E PG Riptide WiFi pretty much fits my build as well as allow for future upgrades, PCIe5 slots for an NVME drive and GPU down the road.

https://pg.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B650E%20PG%20Riptide%20WiFi/index.us.asp

I would like to have USB4/Thunderbolt 4 as well as a 10Gbit nic. The PCIe4 1x slot can take the nic where as it seems this board is setup to use the bottom PCIe3 16x slot for the Thunderbolt card while using the Thunderbolt header and USB2 header. I tried contacting ASRock support but didn't get a response.

My only problem is the Thunderbolt 4 AIC R2.0 isn't on the supported list despite having the Thunderbolt header and a free USB2 header.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/spec/product.asp?Model=Thunderbolt%204%20AIC%20R2.0

Has anyone been able to use this Thunderbolt card with the B650E PG Riptide WiFi or similar ATX boards?

All I could find was this unanswered forum thread.

Thanks all! Cheers
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 6:45am
For the people having problem getting it working, what does the Control Panel -> Device Manager show? It should show some Intel TB4 device, right?

I don't actually have any TB devices, so I'm just giving out generic advice.
Sunain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 9:49am
It's been a couple months and I haven't heard back from support. Has anyone been able to get the Thunderbolt 4 AIC card working with the B650E PG Riptide WiFi motherboard?
jg900ss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jg900ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 1:22pm
I have purchased the B650M Riptide and the Ryzen 7800x3D. I too purchased the Asrock Thunderbolt 4 AIC card and I cannot get it to work with this board. I have followed the attachment instructions (I have experience using the TBT3AIC in other machines) and despite the correct connections it is just not recognized. I am currently running the latest BIOS. Asrock? Help?
--------------
JG
Flare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2024 at 1:17pm
Same here. B650e motherboard can?™t get the Thunderbolt card to recognize my device I plug into it (Apollo twin recording interface) anyone able to help? Spent 3 days searching forums and Reddit and I?™ve tried literally everything at this point I?™m at wits end
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic