ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post code 00

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post code 00
    Posted: 30 May 2024 at 10:51pm
Hello everyone,

Over the past 2 weeks I have had several B650D4U boards fail with code 00. It's around 10-15 boards at this point. These were all in production and not from the same batch, ordered on different dates.

Have tested with multiple CPUs, RAM, PSUs, etc.
CPUs used:
7900x
7950x3D
RAM used:
Crucial Pro DDR5-5600 48GB (CP48G56C46U5)
Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32GB (CMK64GX5M2B5200C40)

BIOS on most of these is on the latest 3.11 version.

Has anyone run into this issue recently?

I'm hoping that maybe there is a beta BIOS version that fixes this.
indigital View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2024 at 4:31am
Same here:

2 weeks ago the server beeper beeped a couple of times, the OS died, but the system itself stayed on. IPMI was still working.

After a reset the debug led showed 00. After a power-off incl. removing the power cable to the PSU I started the system by the power button, the whole set of components came up, but the board remained at 00.
IMPI continued to be available, but told me that the host is off.
Tried to power up the host thru BMC but it said: Performing power action failed.

I attempted everything: resetted bmc to factory defaults, cleared cmos, varied ram configuration, updated bmc, removed and checked cpu: nothing.
I then kept the system powerless for a couple of days, did this and that, started it one day with zero hope and out of the sudden after minutes of code 00 the code numbers changed. Consequently the

I expected the cpu to be faulty. Hence I did thourough tests: CPU is OK.

Today it happened again, this time without beeps. Symptoms are identical to the incident before. Code 00.

Very annoying.

Specs:
B650D4U, 7700, KSM48E40BD8KM-32HM

BMC version: 4.10.00
BIOS version: 10.15

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2024 at 5:29am
Open a support ticket with ASRock:

https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp

Include a link to this thread so they can see there is more than one occurrence of
the issue.

Good luck
indigital View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2024 at 7:00am
Thank you for your pointing me to Asrock (Rack).

Opened a ticket. Let's see what it brings.
dnx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2024 at 1:28am
We've had 20+ with this issue over the past few months. It seems to be related to higher tdp cpu's. We've noticed it most frequently with b650d4u (some 2l2t/bcm) and 7950x but have seen with lower tdp cpus as well (7600 - but that had a 4090 in it).

Still digging into it but wanted to add to the discussion, since I haven't found any other mention of this issue.
indigital View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2024 at 7:18pm
In my case the board is equipped with a tame 7700 (65 W TDP), thus I don't belong to this scheme.

But it worries me to read that such a high number of units is struggling aka ending bricked.
I'm getting the impression that it could be a serial defect.

As I'm in the comfortable position of an end consumer who has bought the board directly at Amazon, I don't have the stress the do a RMA at ASRock. Amazon promised me already to give me a full refund.
The RMA department of ASRock wrote that I would have to ship the board at my own expenses to them. At worst this could be costy because it seems that the RMA department is in another country.
Which leads back to the theory of a serial defect: Why should I pay for ASRocks fault?
Interestingly in my communication with the ASRock departments, no-one seemed to be keen on isolating the cause for the defect.

Anyway, to be is uncertain if I should buy a board of the same model again, when the error could hit me at any time for a 2nd time.
Tres dommage, that the market only leaves the Gigabyte MC13 as (a half-backed) alternative.
For me the ASRock board is, as long as it is running, a marvelous product.
brsox88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brsox88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2024 at 3:15am
Registered here just to comment that we also have been having this issue. Atleast 10 boards have died in production in the past few weeks. It would make sense if this was related to a bad BIOS release but we haven't applied new BIOS on these boards. Why would we all suddenly have boards failing at the same time..
rossome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2024 at 4:16pm
Board ran into this issue a couple weeks ago. I've just sent it in for RMA. Feeling nervous putting a replacement back in production after seeing so many other with this problem.
newborn2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newborn2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 hours 12 minutes ago at 12:23pm
I have same issue with this MB after flash the lastest BIOS/BMC firmware: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/asrock-rack-b650d4u-microatx-for-ryzen-7000-processors.38217/page-6#post-438465. I have two B650D4U-2L2T/BCM boards: one with hardware REV3.03 and the other with hardware REV4.01. Both CPUs are 7950X3D. Some days ago, after flashing the latest 20.03 BIOS firmware (currently the only BIOS firmware supporting the 9000 series CPUs), the system started freezing after running some time with default bios settings. And upon rebooting, the motherboard debug card displayed 00. The motherboard with hardware version ver4.01 became completely bricked: the power options became unavailable, the physical buttons of the case became unavailable. On the other hand, the ver3.03 motherboard had functional power options. And no matter how many times I flashed the older version BIOS/BMC firmwares, they could not be restored.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic