ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIOS-Update + Polychrome issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NinjaLooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIOS-Update + Polychrome issues
    Posted: 17 Aug 2024 at 1:21am
Hi all,
when I first built this PC on a Z690 Taichi Razer Edition and a 14700K I had some minor issues and took the PC to a repair shop, where they also did a BIOS Update. Unfortunately I just now noticed that the Update they did was for the 'normal' Z690 Taichi. It did go well for months until I did a BIOS Update myself to version 20.07. That was when the AsRock Polychrome Software didn't recognize the Motherboard and with 'ATuning' it also showed some issues with 'asrdrv106.sys' as well as 'asrdrv107.sys'.
I've tried a fresh install of Windows11 but the issue remains. Since there was a new BIOS with 20.08, I did what I could by clearing CMOS and then installing the BIOS with the Flashback function.
I have also tried flashing the RGB Chip but "wICPFLASHADSBv2.exe" showed a message saying 'enter icp mode fail'.
Since Polychrome isn't running, the motherboard is still not showing in Razer Synapse which it somehow did before with the 'normal' Taichi BIOS.

I'm kinda stuck there and don't know any further and I'd appreciate any help. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic