ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670E Steel Legend BIOS failure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bordzik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X670E Steel Legend BIOS failure
    Posted: 16 hours 51 minutes ago at 8:31pm
Hello everyone, I'm new here. Recently I bought new PC, specs are as follows:
Ryzen 7 7800X3D
RTX 4070 Ti SUPER
ADATA Lancer Blade 32 GB 6000Mhz
Kingston KC3000
My BIOS was by default in version 2.02. I wanted to update it, first by Instant flash, but while updating my PC instantly shut down. Then I read that with my GPU it is recommended to use iGPU while updating BIOS. It was probably the cause of failure. I didn't do it anyway, and tried to update BIOS by Flashback. The green LED was blinking and then it was off, I assumed the BIOS updated succesfully. PC booted, I could access BIOS and it was updated to the newest version (3.08). I closed BIOS, but I cannot access Windows (11 Home), code 0xc00000e. PC runs for about 4-5 minutes and again shuts down, like when I tried to update it first. Does it mean that I fcked up my motherboard? Is it possible to rollback to older version (2.02) of BIOS? Any advice would be useful, thanks.
NDRE28 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDRE28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 43 minutes ago at 4:39am
Originally posted by Bordzik Bordzik wrote:

Hello everyone, I'm new here. Recently I bought new PC, specs are as follows:
Ryzen 7 7800X3D
RTX 4070 Ti SUPER
ADATA Lancer Blade 32 GB 6000Mhz
Kingston KC3000
My BIOS was by default in version 2.02. I wanted to update it, first by Instant flash, but while updating my PC instantly shut down. Then I read that with my GPU it is recommended to use iGPU while updating BIOS. It was probably the cause of failure. I didn't do it anyway, and tried to update BIOS by Flashback. The green LED was blinking and then it was off, I assumed the BIOS updated succesfully. PC booted, I could access BIOS and it was updated to the newest version (3.08). I closed BIOS, but I cannot access Windows (11 Home), code 0xc00000e. PC runs for about 4-5 minutes and again shuts down, like when I tried to update it first. Does it mean that I fcked up my motherboard? Is it possible to rollback to older version (2.02) of BIOS? Any advice would be useful, thanks.

Hello!

I'd try reflashing the BIOS, with the new BIOS version, again.

If you can still access the BIOS menu, then it's not that bad.

TAKE THESE STEPS:
1. Use another computer, and download BIOS 3.08.
2. Then copy it on a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive.
3. Insert the USB flash drive in a legacy port (USB 2.0, or 3.0).
4. Power on the PC. Go to Boot section and select as the first boot device your USB flash drive.
5. Save (F10). Restart PC.
6. Enter in the Q-Flash mode (press key F11 or End) and update the BIOS again.

Tell me if it worked!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic