ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 Pro4s - Fan control?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhollett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 Pro4s - Fan control?
    Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 1:25pm
Hello, As the title says I have the z170 Pro4s motherboard with the i5 6600k (non o/c).

I have a Corsair Case with 1 chassis fan. I have the H60 Water Cooler which has the pump and a radiator fan.

My problem is there appears to be no way I can control the fans. They are running very high, but my temps are extremely low.

Currently I am at 24c/36c and the fans are still running high.

I have this system in my media room and it is annoying while watching movies.

I have downloaded the A-Tuning and no matter what fan profile I apply, the fans never change speed. The fans are all 3 wire.

Is there any way I can control these fans? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
zhollett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhollett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 1:45pm
Well, that was quick.
I had the radiator fan plugged into CHA_FAN3 because the wires were short.
That fan controller is a 3 pin, and the Radiator fan is a 4 pin. I extended the wires so I could plug the Radiator fan into CHA_FAN2, and it's working perfectly now.

Still PWM should be able to control on CHA_FAN3, but oh well. My system is quiet, that's all I care about.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 2:25pm
I have the same board and it seems CHA_FAN3 runs at full speed all the time, A-Tuning won't let me adjust it (it does not even show up). It may be that the header is designed for full power use only, the manual does not say. Happy to see you found a solution Wink

I just put a limiter on the fan I use on that header, for me it isn't an issue as all my fans are low noise 140mm fans. The Z170 Pro4s is a great little board Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic