ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A88M Pro3+ no signal in monitor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kvkpls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FM2A88M Pro3+ no signal in monitor
    Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 9:26pm
I recently bought FM2A88M Pro3+ Motherboard and I set it with an AMD A8-7600 CPU. Everything seems to be connected correctly, however there is no signal in the monitor. Since A CPU series has an integrated graphics card, it should have been on. I even tried a trick to disconnect all cables, keep the power button pressed for 1 minute and then reconnect the monitor. Nothing seems to be happening. The monitor is connected to D-sub. I also switched cables but nothing happened. Any suggestions?

Edited by kvkpls - 02 Dec 2016 at 9:33pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 1:28am
Originally posted by kvkpls kvkpls wrote:

I recently bought FM2A88M Pro3+ Motherboard and I set it with an AMD A8-7600 CPU. Everything seems to be connected correctly, however there is no signal in the monitor. Since A CPU series has an integrated graphics card, it should have been on. I even tried a trick to disconnect all cables, keep the power button pressed for 1 minute and then reconnect the monitor. Nothing seems to be happening. The monitor is connected to D-sub. I also switched cables but nothing happened. Any suggestions?

What is the exact model of memory you are using, and the amount of memory being used?

Do you have the four pin CPU power cable from the PSU connected to the board?

An FM2+ A8-7600 CPU should be compatible with every BIOS version.

kvkpls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kvkpls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 2:23am
Yes, you were right. The four pin cable for the CPU was not connected. Thanks!
bittyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bittyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 12:07am
Same deal happened to me. Just bought the asrock fm2a88m pro3+ and paired it with the amd athlon x4 860k. Everything looks like it is hooked up correctly and I got a thumbs up from one of my friends who is good with computers and works with them for his job. He said that it must be the motherboard. Any suggestions?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 12:34am
You need to have a dedicated GPU with the FM2+ Athlon. Only A series APUs provide onboard graphics. If you do not have a dedicated GPU installed the system has no graphics.

FM2+ Athlon CPUs have no integrated graphics.
A series APUs (A4, A6, A8, A10) do.

Now if you do have a dedicated GPU installed then make sure all the power connectors are connected, the 24pin and the 4/8pin CPU power.
bittyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bittyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 1:24am
Thank you!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 2:31am
Happy to help Smile

This is a very common issue, it is easy to assume that the graphics come from the motherboard because there are video outputs. Even in the manual it is easy to miss the fact that the onboard graphics require an A series APU to function.

The Athlon x4 860k is a great little CPU, enjoy your new PC Thumbs Up

P.S. 

I am guessing your friend did not know that you were using an Athlon CPU? If he did you should probably tell him the information I shared with you here, it will save him headaches at work Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic