ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x99x Killer M.2 PCIe question...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgravina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 12:42am
Thank you so much for you input.  Its definitely a brand new Drive.  Just bought it 2 days ago and is completely empty.  The drives are 2x 3TB Western Digital Se Gold drives at 7200 in RAID 0 controlled by hardware in the enclosure itself.  They are SUPPOSED to be WD BLACK drives but thats another story....

...they advertised BLACK drives on the box and their website but when I opened it they were the WD Gold drives which upon research I guess are a little better suited for RAID and that there shouldnt be a speed DECREASE from the BLACKS.  WD said they recently switched from BLACKS to GOLD because they gave better performance and just havent updated with advertising.  

As far as power...I have all power saving stuff turned off.  Both CPU and Windows Power Plans.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 1:54am
Originally posted by jimgravina jimgravina wrote:

USB 3.0 was giving me roughly 330mb/s and 287mb/s write.

Thunderbolt was giving me 320mb/s read and 300 mb/s write.

All in all, that USB speed is nothing to sneeze at.

BTW Jim, awesome graphics you do. Impressive.
jimgravina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgravina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 3:26am
[/QUOTE]
BTW Jim, awesome graphics you do. Impressive.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you!  No, i'm happy with the speeds...just was hoping for a little more form the Thunderbolt interface.  

Thank you all!
Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic