ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen board, no post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 1:10pm
I am the opposite, I love early adoption. For me half the fun is finding fixes and workarounds but I have not been able to get my hands on a Ryzen setup yet Wink 
RyzenWindows7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote RyzenWindows7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 12:44am
Just registered to post on behalf of my system builder friend. After trying all day yesterday, he got his X370 Killer SLI/ac to post. What he did is :
Shut computer off
Cleared CMOS
took battery out
Left battery out for about 10 seconds
Put battery back in
Turn computer back on 

Still got a black screen, but while thinking it posted about 40 + seconds later

Hopefully this will help

Still has to get USB and SATA DVD player to get recognized

If there's interest reply too this and will keep people informed, will probably be able to have an update today.

By the way he as well as I who also got this board are looking to run Windows 7.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyzenWindows7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 12:48am
Booting windows 7 on a sata 6 SSD OCZ windows boots up in less than 12 seconds

Edited by RyzenWindows7 - 14 Mar 2017 at 12:48am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 1:05am
Awesome stuff mate, thanks for sharing your findings Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyzenWindows7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 1:33am
great, thanks,  should have more info today on usb and other drivers
patchfile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patchfile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by RyzenWindows7 RyzenWindows7 wrote:

Just registered to post on behalf of my system builder friend. After trying all day yesterday, he got his X370 Killer SLI/ac to post. What he did is :
Shut computer off
Cleared CMOS
took battery out
Left battery out for about 10 seconds
Put battery back in
Turn computer back on 

Still got a black screen, but while thinking it posted about 40 + seconds later

Hopefully this will help

Still has to get USB and SATA DVD player to get recognized

If there's interest reply too this and will keep people informed, will probably be able to have an update today.

By the way he as well as I who also got this board are looking to run Windows 7.

Outstanding. This is exactly what I was hoping for. 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 1:34pm
patch, I'm curious. What memory do you have?

Too, if everyone currently here and in the future coming here would please list out your system components.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyzenWindows7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 9:36pm
I am at work right now but later so post detail list of all components in the working windows 7 system with Ryzen everything works including all usb posts. Only thing not working is SATA dvd, usb DVD does work. So far very happy, my build will be next I have different components as well
patchfile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patchfile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 5:47am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

patch, I'm curious. What memory do you have?

Too, if everyone currently here and in the future coming here would please list out your system components.

We have G.Skill Ripjaws 2400 (F4-2400C15D-16GVR) 8GB x2
and
Patriot Viper 2133 (PVE48G213C4GY) 8GB x1

I was writing out all of the hardware that I have tested in the last week when I realized I did not put the other RAM in my computer, so I shut it all down and tried the Patriot RAM on the Killer/ac. Did not post. But, when I put the G.Skill back in, it booted up just fine.

Just so there is no confusion; I reset the Bios to factory settings before I did this.

The G.skill RAM worked out of the box on my Killer/ac. The Patriot was first tested on the PRO4 that had all of these problems.

The PRO4 was stripped down and rebuilt with all of the components from my computer but never posted. This included a Bios reset before putting the G.Skill RAM on it.

I find it odd that the PRO4 did it's no post thing, and continued to not post no matter what I did. But when I put the Patriot RAM on the Killer/ac it did not post, then putting the G.Skill back in allowed it to work as normal.

Why didn't the PRO4 post with the G.Skill? I am really wishing I had not RMA'd the PRO4. 

But it is looking like the Patriot RAM may be the culprit.

Edited by patchfile - 15 Mar 2017 at 5:49am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 10:49am
Thanks. Interesting.

One thing I notice concerning Ryzen memory is that other than the seemingly req'd CR of 1, CAS, RAS to CAS, and RAS Precharge are all represented by the same cycle/latency.

That G.Skill F4-2400C15D-16GVR kit of yours, while not Ryzen "certified' by G.Skill,, does meet this assumption(exempting the CR2):
F4-2400C15D-16GVR
15  CAS
15 RAS to CAS
15 RAS Precharge
2 CR/N/T

Do the G.Skill operate while/with a Command Rate of 1 being forced in the BIOS?

Odd too. That Patriot PVE48G213C4GY stick is 14-14-14-(I can't locate just what CR they are) is assumed to meet Ryzen "specs' but that doesn't necessarily rule out any incompatibility chip wise.

Did you move this one Patriot stick across all 4 slots and still not work/boot?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic