ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock AB350 Pro4 Motherboard Problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew1183 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock AB350 Pro4 Motherboard Problems
    Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:38am
First off, the specs...

AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz (CMK16GX4M2A2666C16W)
Corsair H60 Cooler
EVGA Supernova G3 550W PSU
GeForce GT 730
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB SSD
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Rewriter

So I'm literally at the end of my rope with this build and I'm about to hang myself with the PSU cable out of frustration. This is my first AMD build and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong on my end, I need to tweak one setting that is buried in the BIOS somewhere or there's just something wrong with the motherboard itself. I've scoured the interweb for some kind of solution and it's brought me here as a last resort for help.

Starting at the beginning, I got Windows 10 to install and it boot up fine. It will seemingly run fine idling for a bit, but then crash for no reason. In addition, Windows was not recognizing 8GB out of the 16GB installed, also indicating a portion was reserved for hardware. I don't see why there should be any reserved for video, since 1, I've got video card in there, and 2 the processor (Ryzen 5) doesn't allow for video output from the motherboard. I was running Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2133MHz C13 (CMK16GX4M2A2133C13) but a member of another forum suggested that might be the root of my problem so I switched to the ones on the QVL listed at the top. Same issue. Sticks are plugged into and seated properly in slots A2 & B2 as per the manual. The only way I can get Windows to recognize both is if they are seated in A1 & A2.

The BIOS is also indicates they are running in single channel mode no matter what I do. The hardware monitor is all over the place, showing my CPU temp at 204 degrees C, my mobo at -1 degrees, and my fan speed at over 65,000 RPM. This thing should literally be melting, freezing and blowing air like a jet engine all at the same time. Flashing to a newer BIOS version has had no effect either.

Last but not least, I cannot get it to power down when I shut down Windows. I even wiped the SSD and installed Windows 8.1 just to see if it was a Windows 10 issue with power management, fast booting and everything else I came across online. Same issues with both operating systems. The thing appears to shut down and my monitor goes to into no signal mode, but the PSU, case and cooler fans keep going. I left the running for a good 3 hours at one point but the only way I could get it to shut off was to hold the power button.

I'm at a total loss and about to RMA this board unless someone can suggest anything that might solve my issues.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew
Andrew1183 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew1183 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:51am
I ran a couple of programs to provide some additional info on temps, speeds, voltages, etc it helps.

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag108/Andrew1183/Temps_zpsnggr6vuk.jpg

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag108/Andrew1183/Info_zpsqjk6tkxq.jpg

Edited by Andrew1183 - 16 Jan 2018 at 11:02am
php42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote php42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 12:09pm
i have the same board and have never experienced anything like that, definitely sounds like a bad board.
i would just RMA it.
Osminymus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osminymus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 10:43pm
I have the little brother of your board and I experience freezing and random reboot, and also I cannot restart it it will freeze upon trying to boot up, all fans spinning but no boot so I need to force shutdown and then power on. I tested ram in dos and its ok, changed 2 diff gpus still same, and done other things, now I am down to motherboard or cpu, and I plan to send back both to my seller so he can test and give me replacement for one of them or both if both cpu and mobo are bad..its frustrating I feel the same it will be atleast a week or two of waiting..
gjaltemba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gjaltemba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 10:56pm
Misery loves company. AB350M Pro 4 experiencing crash, freeze and need poweroff for reboot.
newpolk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newpolk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 7:25am
I should have checked the forums before getting my build...

I have now almost the same base config: same mobo, same CPU, slightly different RAM (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) and I can't even make the fans spin on power button press. I've already been through 2 different PSUs and looking to change the mobo now.

(And I thought it would be an easy build!)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew1183 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 7:24am
Yeah, this board is going back. RMA in progress. Can anyone recommend another decent board that plays nice with either of the 2 sets of RAM I have as well as the 1600X?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Andrew1183 Andrew1183 wrote:

Yeah, this board is going back. RMA in progress. Can anyone recommend another decent board that plays nice with either of the 2 sets of RAM I have as well as the 1600X?

ive assisted and advised on three b350 builds
all using the r5 1600 and two of these using corsair ram
the board was in all three cases the msi tomahawk, it does seem to have the best ram support out of the box as far as i can see
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew1183 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 2:14am
I was actually looking at that one yesterday briefly. It also has a version in white to go with the B&W color scheme I seem to have going. The RAM list did seem rather large as well, which is a plus.

How was it as far as stability, tinkering around in the BIOS for overclocking, getting RAM to run at the right speed?

I'm most concerned about something I came across in a couple of forums that people were having issues getting the R5's to post and would have to actually switch out to an R7, flash, then switch back to the R5 and everything was good then. Seems to be an issue with earlier BIOS versions, so hopefully I can get my hands on one that hasn't been sitting on a shelf in a warehouse (although unlikely) for 8-10 months if I go with it.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3392826/post-ryzen-1600-msi-tomahawk-b350.html
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 8:00am
first system
corsiar 2400 lpx ,easy peasy click click overclocked to 2933 ram stable now for probably 5-6 months
and cpu click click 1600 non x all cores 3,8ghz auto volts  (owner didnt want to mess around trying to dial in lower voltage manually) has a really overkill 750w gold psu and a gtx1070

second system
r5 1600 corsair ram 3000 mhz set at 2933 but with lowered timings (quite heavily lowered timings)
3.8 ghz and 1.35 v fixed cpu (cheapest 500w+ 'reasonably' trustworthy psu, absolute nasty c.i.t. brand case

third system totally plug and play gskill 3200 cl14 trident ram which now is tweaked to 3333mhz cl14 and tightened sub timings
cpu r5 1600 set at 3.8ghz (this one is a naff cpu though will not go lower than 1.375 volts or higher than 3.8ghz)
shame really as this last system has very nice high grade parts in it eg top notch ram/excellent power supply/big arctic cooling heatsink /great antec case + fans, and the poor guy really got a low luck naff cpu for a r5 1600

all three systems literally plug and play for first boot
first system runs a 1070,second runs an SSC 1050ti, third uses a re-used 750ti (awaiting a new gpu)

to be honest i love my taichi board but it cost me £230 back at start of ryzen launch,if anyone asks me about a b350 board i point them at the £90ish msi tomahawk, it seems the best bang for buck, and as mentioned to ram support out of the box seems very very good
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic