ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Live Update Lied to Me!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatriotVipers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Live Update Lied to Me!
    Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:41am

I tried using ASRocks Live Update & APP Shop to check for newer versions of, first and foremost, my motherboard's BIOS. It's the AB350M Pro 4.

My BIOS version before I upgraded this morning was version P4.70. The "APP Shop" software showed no updates for ANYTHING and still works this way. See the image:

I checked for a newer BIOS for my motherboard on ASRocks website/webpages and I did find that a more recent version of my BIOS was available. So, I upgraded my BIOS to version P4.90 just today.

Plus, the "APP Shop" software doesn't even show the current installed versions of anything like it used to. This software is getting worse and not better.

Please fix the bugs in this software. It's not working as it should be.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by PatriotVipers - 10 Aug 2018 at 1:46am
System: AMD 2200G, ASRock AB350M Pro4, 16GB(2x8GB) 3000MHz Patriot Vipers (running @ 2134MHz *crying*).
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 2:22am
try to change server in settings
PatriotVipers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatriotVipers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 2:58am
It didn't seem to help. In fact, everytime I changed the server and clicked the "refresh" button it said the same thing. When I would go back to look at the selected server again. It wasn't what I changed it to. It always goes back to "server 3".

**EDIT**: I stand corrected. "Server 4" does seem to be actually working. Still, no showing of the current versions of all my software.

Also, I can't see the need for a server at all to show me the "current" version of all my "ASRock" related installed software. The software is installed locally. The current version information should be local.

Edited by PatriotVipers - 10 Aug 2018 at 3:04am
System: AMD 2200G, ASRock AB350M Pro4, 16GB(2x8GB) 3000MHz Patriot Vipers (running @ 2134MHz *crying*).
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 4:31am
can i just say

never use windows to flash bios
always goto bios and use instant flash AFTER RESETTING DEFAULTS
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
PatriotVipers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatriotVipers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:23am
I did update the BIOS from within the P4.70 BIOS itself.

The ASRock "Live Update and APP Shop" are really simply a notification system to let the user know that newer versions of their software are available and offer the user the option to download them.

However, since you gave the advice, the question I would ask of you is, what you are warning against even possible? I haven't seen the way to flash the BIOS inside a fully booted Windows 10 system on this motherboard. But, still, its possible I guess with another software download.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 1:13am
yes despite everyone here on this very forum warning so asrock keep publishing bios versions for windows based flashing as well as dos version and the direct instant flash bios version

the trouble being data corruption from other process while re-writing the bios chip

if you want safe
use bios based flash or dos based flash
further more always reset bios to default and reboot check again then flash

brian (chew) who does a lot of work with amd and asrock even goes to the act of removing all but 1 stick of ram to reduce the risk of bios flashing corruption

of course the bios issues with ryzen (eg needing often flashing) has brought about the more common feature of usb bios flashback being added to boards now (you can flash without any ram or cpu)
i honestly expected more x470 boards to have this added , msi do actually do this on a b450 board now ........or gigabytes  own idea to have dual bios chips
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic