ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

760GM-HDV MB SATA support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 11:26pm
if you enable SATA IDE Combined Mode,  is to make SATA port 3 and 4 act like IDE ports. If you disable it, all 4 SATA ports act as native SATA ports.

so your configuration would be:
SATA operation mode = AHCI
SATA IDE Combined Mode = Disabled

nothing else

Edited by kerberos_20 - 14 Sep 2018 at 11:27pm
AZgene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZgene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by kerberos_20 kerberos_20 wrote:

so your configuration would be:
SATA operation mode = AHCI
SATA IDE Combined Mode = Disabled

Yes, I concur. In testing the combinations I see that "mode=IDE" and "IDE combined=disabled" drops SATA ports 3 & 4 completely out of the BIOS menu. The other two combinations, i.e. AHCI+Enabled and IDE+Enabled, are a mixed bag. In any case, the settings you have shown are the best for my system and the SSD storage devices I have installed on ports 1 & 2 (and DVD on port 3). Linux and Windows 7 are happy.

Your concise description, especially regarding IDE combined mode, put all my tests into a logical picture. Something similar in the User Manual would be nice.

The OP question is resolved. Case closed.

P.S.: ...sorry for the delay in getting back here. The USPS (US Package Storage) took their sweet time in delivering the SSD devices.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic