ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bricked BIOS update?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JediWombat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bricked BIOS update?
    Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 9:46am
Hi all,

I've just put together a new system for my dad: ASRock AB350 Gaming K4 motherboard, Ryzen 3 2200G. I attempted to update the BIOS to v. 3.40 (bridge) before updating to the latest, v. 5.10. I installed via USB stick in UEFI. The install of 3.40 seems to have gone OK - the installer completed successfully. However, the machine will now not boot - it powers on, but I get no video signal from the IGD, and after ~20s, I hear it reboot. I have cleared CMOS and re-seated the components just to eliminate that as a possible issue. I've also attempted putting the 5.10 firmware on a USB to recover the BIOS, as I saw on some forums that some ASRock boards will attempt self-recovery, but this has not worked for me.

Can anyone recommend any recovery steps I might be able to take, please?

Regards,
Benjamin.

Edited by JediWombat - 12 Nov 2018 at 7:21am
JayB33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayB33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 4:28pm
Refer to your motherboard manual to see if it supports Flashback. The steps you will likely need to take are:

1) Rename the BIOS file you wish to flash to a specific name, which is likely to be different than the one it comes archived with (in my motherboard's case it is needs to be named creative.rom).

2) Ensure the USB stick is formatted with the FAT32 file system.

3) Ensure the USB stick is inserted in the specially labelled USB Flashback port, of which there is only one.

4) Locate and depress the USB flashback button for a certain amount of time as described in the user manual whilst your PSU / motherboard is in standby power / mode.

5) Wait for it to finish / stop flashing.

Edited by JayB33 - 11 Nov 2018 at 4:34pm
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 6:52pm
You may want to try this:
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=269702.0

or

https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/ami-bios-recovery/

Edited by xhue - 11 Nov 2018 at 6:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic