ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M Steel Legend Bios invalid format

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450M Steel Legend Bios invalid format
    Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 11:57pm
Bios ver 2.63B release date 03/07/2019.
when using instant flash to upgrade bios, the error message is "invalid format". Does anyone have same issue ?
Harcoreta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harcoreta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 3:21am
Same problem here! probably they made a mistake and it's a BIOS for the B450 steel legeng (ATX version).
Lord Bobbymort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Bobbymort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 9:38pm
Yeah, I sent a support form in and, because you have to supply the specs for your entire rig, they focused on the new BIOS being support for 3rd gen ryzen, not anything else instead of what I had told them which was that my Instant Flash didn't even recognize the file because it wasn't named like the previous files (previous was B45MSTL2.50, this one was named B45STL_2.63B) until I renamed the 2.63B file to B45MSTL2.63B (but I obviously didn't flash with that renamed file) and that I wanted the new BIOS because everything up to 2.50 was missing correct DRAM profiles for my RAM but 2.50 did something weird where it wouldn't recognize my fan settings so it would just run them at full speed no matter what I tried.

Here's the quote from the email I got back from them:
"Update the latest bios is for 3rd generation of AMD , otherwise is not recommended"
edministrator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edministrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 10:49pm
Same issue, fan profiles are not working no matter what. All fans annoyingly running at 100% speed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edministrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 6:16pm
New bios v2.60 is out today. Just updated and it fixes all problems I had previously. Fans are behaving normally now and no issues with NVME drives. Will try out for few more days to see if any issues.
therzone123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therzone123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by edministrator edministrator wrote:

New bios v2.60 is out today. Just updated and it fixes all problems I had previously. Fans are behaving normally now and no issues with NVME drives. Will try out for few more days to see if any issues.

Can you please tell me which NVME drive you have? It doesn't work with two of mine. Also did you change any settings? Only the fan issue was fixed for me.
Lord Bobbymort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Bobbymort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 5:05am
Has anyone with Zen+ had tried 2.60 yet? I know it's probably just because it's not "officially" supported but I am wary of the "*ASRock does NOT recommend updating this BIOS if Pinnacle, Raven or Summit Ridge CPU is being used on your system." warning.

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edministrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 6:08am
Originally posted by therzone123 therzone123 wrote:

Originally posted by edministrator edministrator wrote:

Can you please tell me which NVME drive you have? It doesn't work with two of mine. Also did you change any settings? Only the fan issue was fixed for me.

i am using adata sx8200 pro 1Tb
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic