ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Random bios reset Asrock b450m pro4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lever2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random bios reset Asrock b450m pro4
    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 6:11am
Hello All,

I have a Asrock b450m pro4 and was running this with a ryzen 1600x stable for many months. I then decided to upgrade to a ryzen 3600 and now experiencing random bios resets after I shutdown the computer or leave it off overnight. Never had this problem with the 1600x. I hate having to go back in the bios and changing the fan curve and ram settings over and over after the bios resets. Tried replacing the cmos battery but that didn't solve the issue. Leaving the ram speed at default didn't help. Also I am on the lasted bios of 3.90 and have all the lastest Amd chipset and graphics drivers installed. Went back to the ryzen 1600x and the bios reset issues disappears. Did anyone ever figure out the fix for this?
Ppppp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ppppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 9:31pm
Same problem... Fix please
Reset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 10:12pm
I had a similar problem with a different CPU. Which could be solved with better cooling.

NUN: Waste heat from the CPU down, fan on the case (back) pulls out. Air is blown in at the front of the case. And cool the RAM.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 11:30pm
bios resets indicate
the pc is failing memory training on cold boot and then resetting bios

check what memory timings your using
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Helix_2797 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helix_2797 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 4:51am
Did anyone figure out the fix this just happened to me. My timing was off because I forgot to set the xmp profile but I?™m not sure if it was the end all be all fix.
Jack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 8:28pm
Caution,
I set the XMP Profile for G.Skill Aegis 3200
Since this time the board never boot
but beeps 3 times after start wich means defect RAM in the first 64 kb
I changend RAM but don't success.
C-MOS clearing do not work...
Leave the jumper over night.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic