ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670E Pro RS disable iGPU

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gallysam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X670E Pro RS disable iGPU
    Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 4:50am
I have a X670E Pro RS with ryzen 9 7900x and nvidia GPU so I do not need the radeon GPU.

Therefore I want to disable iGPU.
In most of my previous mobos there is a "disable internal gpu" menu but in this one I've look at everywhere in the BIOS (1.11) and I can't find a way to do it.

Asrock does not support this or I'm missing something?
khanv1ct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khanv1ct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 5:32am
It definitely supports disabling it, the setting is just buried because ASRock BIOS are just so amazing and good. I have the X670e Tachi but your process should be similar:

Advanced>AMD CBS>NBIO Common Options>GFX Configuration>iGPU Configuration>Set to iGPU Disabled
gallysam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gallysam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 1:08am
Awesome... I was going mad looking for it.
THX
Dicio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dicio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by khanv1ct khanv1ct wrote:

It definitely supports disabling it, the setting is just buried because ASRock BIOS are just so amazing and good. I have the X670e Tachi but your process should be similar:

Advanced>AMD CBS>NBIO Common Options>GFX Configuration>iGPU Configuration>Set to iGPU Disabled

I have the same problem and that's why I came across this post. I was finally able to find the menu with it. However, the settings always reset themselves and I cannot switch off the IGPU permanently. iGPU Configuration keeps switching back to "UMA_AUTO". How do I get the IGPU off permanently?
romandesign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote romandesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 3:44am
Originally posted by Dicio Dicio wrote:

I have the same problem and that's why I came across this post. I was finally able to find the menu with it. However, the settings always reset themselves and I cannot switch off the IGPU permanently. iGPU Configuration keeps switching back to "UMA_AUTO". How do I get the IGPU off permanently?

I have exactly the same problem: the setting for iGPU doesn't stick! It resets from "Disabled" to " UMA_AUTO" after every restart! I tried with "detect discreet display" enabled and disabled - it doesn't make a difference.

Any solutions?
maxolini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxolini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 7:36pm
Is there any way to fix this guys?
It keep resetting back to UMA_AUTO after every shutdown ?
killroy2963 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killroy2963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 10:08pm
I have the same problem with bios version 2.0 and 2.02, they removed "enable discrete gpu" setting. Right now only way it seems to get it is using bios 1.30 which Im currently on and can disable igpu.
ASRock X670E Steel legend
AMD 7800X3D
Gigabyte 4080 RTX
GSkill FlareX 5 DDR-5 6000
Sound Blaster AE-5
maxolini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxolini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by killroy2963 killroy2963 wrote:

I have the same problem with bios version 2.0 and 2.02, they removed "enable discrete gpu" setting. Right now only way it seems to get it is using bios 1.30 which Im currently on and can disable igpu.

Is this version stable and how to go back to it and also what setting you need to change to disable the igpu ?
killroy2963 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killroy2963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 10:48pm

it's stable for me, you need to download and flash to bios version 1.30 AS05. Under GFX configuration, look for "auto detect discrete display", enable this setting.
ASRock X670E Steel legend
AMD 7800X3D
Gigabyte 4080 RTX
GSkill FlareX 5 DDR-5 6000
Sound Blaster AE-5
maxolini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxolini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by killroy2963 killroy2963 wrote:

it's stable for me, you need to download and flash to bios version 1.30 AS05. Under GFX configuration, look for "auto detect discrete display", enable this setting.

Download the bios from the site and then use the bios instant flash thing?
Do i need to reset bios setting to default before that ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic