ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem Installing SSD PCIE Samsung960

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem Installing SSD PCIE Samsung960
    Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 7:33pm
I bought an ASRock AB350M Pro4 microatx mainboard with an Ryzen 1700. I want to install an Samsung 960 NVMe/SSD. I used rufus to make an GPT based windows boot stick. Windows installs fine. When it tries to boot I mostly get errors regarding EUFI.

Does anyone has some tips about using Samsung NVME/SDD disk with an ASRock AB350M.

The mainboard works fine with an SATA disk.

One of the error messages is 0xc0000428.

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The digital signature for the file couldn't be verified Error code: 0xc0000428 You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact.... 

Edited by jeroen - 26 Oct 2017 at 7:46pm
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 11:33pm
jeroen, usually Secure Boot is disabled by default, but this may be an error from it.  Please go into your BIOS and Disable Secure Boot.  Please post your system specifications in your signature as I have.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

EDIT:  I suspect it has nothing to do with your 960 SSD.  Many users use this SSD, including me (boot device).  I suspect your install USB.  I would suggest you use MS Media Creation Tool to create a USB.  However, if you are running now and can see your SSD in W10, then use Samsung Magician to check and update (if needed) your 960 firmware.  All mine have firmware 2B7QCXE7.

Edited by MisterJ - 27 Oct 2017 at 5:04am
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:21am
jeroen, did your error look like this:

If so, please post the file name (right above the error code).  I created this on a VM trying to run with Secure Boot enabled and the AMD RAID drivers on injected in my images files.  Thanks and enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
jeroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:24pm
Yes that was the error I received. Today I tested the Samsung SSD 960 in my other system which also uses an NVME SSD. So I went on and installed Windows on the Samsung SSD 960. The same error occured. So I identified the error as being a corrupt SSD.

I can try to update the firmware of the disk.

Edited by jeroen - 27 Oct 2017 at 8:27pm
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 11:34pm
jeroen, please post the file name (in RED):

Originally posted by jeroen jeroen wrote:

So I identified the error as being a corrupt SSD.
How do you know this?  Did you look at Secure Boot in your BIOS?  Thanks and enjoy, John.
jeroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 6:42am
Hello John,

Thanks for your reply. I'm going to reproduce the error and will post a screenshot. It didn't make any difference to disable secure boot. 

Edited by jeroen - 28 Oct 2017 at 6:48am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 10:06am
jeroen, just to verify a few things about your PC, etc.

You are using Windows 10 64bit?

Your 960 EVO is in the M2_1 slot? That is the only one that supports an NVMe SSD.

It's unusual for the SSD to be defective. I assume it appears in the Storage Configuration screen in the UEFI/BIOS? Is the SSD seen by the Windows installation program?

The file in the picture posted by MisterJ is an AMD RAID driver. Do you have the SATA mode set to RAID?

The file in your error might be different, I'm curious what file it is.

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 10:28am
MisterJ, just a thought about the Windows instillation error you have (had?) there. Not sure if you are still trying to deal with it.

IIRC, you incorporate drivers into your Windows 10 installation, the AMD NVMe RAID drivers, is that correct?

Again IIRC, another ASRock X399 user trying to use the AMD NVMe RAID, whom installed the AMD NVMe RAID drivers manually in a Custom install, said while installing the RAID drivers, he received the digital signature error too. He was able to select "install anyway", as we can when we install software without the digital signature in Windows. Obviously we are not given that option with incorporated drivers, correct?

Just a thought to get past this if it remains a problem for you.

Also, I would respectfully suggest installing Windows with the NVMe RAID drivers on a SATA SSD temporarily, that would then allow you to experiment with creating an NVMe RAID array. I did that with Intel's NVMe RAID to get a feel for how it works and IMO it really helps instead of doing it the first time and attempting to install Windows. I found some subtle issues involving the UEFI, the fixes were actually incorporated into the UEFI by ASRock. They may have learned that on their own, but I verified "in the wild" that it needed to be done.

The point is, who knows what you might find. Much less frustrating to find this on a test array.

MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 11:20pm
Thanks, parsec.  I injected the RAID drivers into all three images (2 boot and install).  I removed the one from the install image and it works on VM.  I get no errors on injection and am not using the /ForceUnsigned option.  I tested the RAID driver files with SignTool and all was OK.  I would like to read the the post of the user with the signature error.  Can you provide a link?  Injecting has always work for me on W7 and W10, just have not used a RAID in a while.  Thanks for the suggestion, though.  Thanks and enjoy, John.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 3:01am
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

Thanks, parsec.  I injected the RAID drivers into all three images (2 boot and install).  I removed the one from the install image and it works on VM.  I get no errors on injection and am not using the /ForceUnsigned option.  I tested the RAID driver files with SignTool and all was OK.  I would like to read the the post of the user with the signature error.  Can you provide a link?  Injecting has always work for me on W7 and W10, just have not used a RAID in a while.  Thanks for the suggestion, though.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

So you no longer have that problem? I'm confused from your post, sorry.

I haven't looked yet, but it was one of the very few threads about AMD NVMe RAID. I'm sure you posted in that thread too.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic