ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASrock 980DE3/U3S3, can't enter bios.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesk3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASrock 980DE3/U3S3, can't enter bios.
    Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 7:37am
Hi all of you lovely people, how are you all doin' ? -i hope you are well :D :D

Before i go into details about my problem, i want to list my Pc specs:

MB:  ASrock 980DE3/U3S3
Cpu: FX4300 Quad-core
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 12 Gb (3x4gb sticks) 1600MHz DDR3 (S/N CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9B)
Graphics: MSI Nvidia GTX 750 1gb GDDR5
PSU: Energon EPS-550Watt Gaming Power Supply (Brand new)
Cooling: COOLERMASTER SEIDON 120V VER. 2 and 1 other fan for cooling the northbridge and PWM's
HDD: SSD Intel 160 GB SATA2

When i restart the pc, it POST, and Bios screens normally, but when it loads up the Asmedia 106X sata controller chip, it hangs it all up. it won't go any further into booting OS or entering BIOS is NOT possible.  
i'm lost. iv'e tried: 
1: tested all connections with volt meter and checked af they were socketed properly (they're fine)
2: swapping out the ram blocks one at a time and trying the ports at the same time. 
3: reseting Bios by clearing CMOS with jumper and pulling out the battery and swapping that with a new one.
4: shorten the poles of the battery socket for 5 sec after 2'nd option ^^. 
5: powering up the MB without battery.
6: powering up th MB without ram stick (it beeps like it should)
7: Swapping out  the CPU for another cpu FX8350 octa-core (that didn't have any influence at all, so reverted to FX4300)
8: Swappin' out SSD's in the Asmedia port (there're only 2 Sata 3 port connected to that chip)

All this work done, and for what? - nothin' all iv'e tried hasn't helped.
Iv'e read a lot of articles about this issue, and researched alot, but iv'e come up empty.

What can i do to solved this issue at hand?

I thank you all in advance for any help and suggestions you give me.

All thou hardware, bow before thou master.
thesk3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesk3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 7:09pm
i really need my pc, 'cause its my sound studio pc and iv'e got projects on it that needs to be finished so i can deliver to the record company and get payed.
Im beggin you is there anyone who can help me? ...
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 7:32pm
did u try to move your sdd to other 4 sata ports? even if they are sata2, ssd should work in it
thesk3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesk3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 8:10pm
Yes in deed i did that. I even removed all drives. Nothin helped it still freezes up right when the chip initializes. Which means that i can't even get into the bios cause the entry to bios is after the chip initializes.
So this is the order of events when i start up the pc:
1. Power up
2: bios screen, pressing Del key for entry to bios
3: ram, usb etc displays
4: Asmedia chip displaying and freezes pc.

Normally it will continue to bios screen one more time where you spam the del key alot to enter bios. First then and only then are you able to enter bios.

zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 8:10pm
IDK if this option is present with your BIOS, but sometimes you can disable different SATA controllers entirely.

If you can disable the ASMedia controller entirely, maybe you'll be able to POST. Granted, this will stop you from using your HDDs with the respective SATA channels, but you could get come PCI(e) or USB-to-SATA controllers and finish your job.
1700X ZP-B1 (stock); X370 Taichi (UEFI 3.10); 16GB F4-3200C14-8GFX XMP; 256GB 960 EVO; RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
thesk3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesk3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 8:38pm
That is also what i'm thinkin. but i can't reach the bios to see if it is a possibility at all. It's really frustrating that the bios cant be accessed before the asmedia chip, like you normally would be able too with other Mobo's.
Idk why my mobo is designed to display bios screen a second time, and designed to enter the bios at the second time and not at the first time it screens.
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 9:04pm
Even manual is useless. I really can't think of anything more in your case. Cry

Maybe try and get a 2nd hand mobo for your CPU just to finish the projects?
1700X ZP-B1 (stock); X370 Taichi (UEFI 3.10); 16GB F4-3200C14-8GFX XMP; 256GB 960 EVO; RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
thesk3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesk3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 9:12pm
Thx for your reply and suggestions.
I cant get a second hand cause there arent any used amd mobo's in denmark that supports AM3+ cpu's. That socket is so outdated i DK that you allmost cant by a new one any more.

thesk3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesk3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 9:14pm
Thats why i will do anything to get that mobo runnin again.
But then again it was a very cheap mobo, maybe to cheap. I had it commin i guess.
thesk3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesk3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 10:04pm
YES!.... Jackpot. 
i tryed swappin out the Graphics card for en older model (GTs 8800) 
Now i got into the bios, and in the "Advanced" menu, is there another option for storage Configuration and in there is there and option for Onboard SATA3 operation mode, which have 3 options: IDE mode, AHCI mode or Disabled mode. So now it's set to disabled. 

Wow that was it. now i know that is was my graphics card i only have buy a new one. This old 8800 has stars and stripes down right side of the screen. 

So now to the moment of truth: will it boot into Windows ? ... 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic