ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Z370 Extreme4 Issue Latest Realtek Audio Drivers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Extreme4 Issue Latest Realtek Audio Drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siryevvac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z370 Extreme4 Issue Latest Realtek Audio Drivers
    Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 12:59pm
Do the latest drivers install correctly for any of you?

I downloaded this "Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8470_UAD_WHQL_ASR" posted 2018/7/23.

The installer says the old drivers must be unistalled first then reboot and the installation will continue. I did this and the installation continued on reboot but it stalled at about 80% progress and gives an error message saying these drivers are not correct for this system. Strange no? I am using windows 10 64bit and the motherboard is z370 extreme4.

Did anyone successfully install these new audio drivers?
Flode View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 6:44pm
I can confirm this problem with the latest realtek driver, i got the same error installing this latest driver update.

Instelled then via Device Manager and manually choose the inf file in the driver directory.

Any quality control Asrock???
siryevvac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siryevvac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 11:07pm
OK thank you for replying Flode and checking this. So it is not just me, that's good at least!

I tried device manager update as you did just now but I get an error. It says something like "The folder I specified doesn't contain compatible software driver for your device, if the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed for x64 system".

Would you mind giving me a rundown of what you did to get them installed please?
guzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 12:54am
I am having a similar issue. I had to install the Realtek software from Realtek website then manually change the driver from AsRock. There are youtube vĂ­deos that explain this procedure. It worked and the Audio Manager apeared, however I have no "advanced settings" which I need to tweak for my headset and mic to work correctly.  Anyone facing this?
Stripling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stripling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 5:59pm
I have the same issue on Z370 Taichi. Installation via device manager fails since Windows determines the best drivers are already installed. As the realtek installer deleted the previous drivers, I'm stuck with generic Windows audio driver. Is there anyone from tech support reading this forum?

Picture of the error message:

mrmike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 9:49pm
Same issue here with an Extreme4 Z370
siryevvac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siryevvac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 2:48am
I am still unsure how Flode was able to install this latest driver package through device manager. When I attempt to manually select the INI file, it says incompatible for this device and to make sure the driver is for an x64 system.

Unfortunately, Asrock do not list their older drivers when new one's are released. However, I did find an older driver package dated Oct 3rd, 2017 for z370 extreme 4 on softpedia

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/REALTEK/ASRock-Z370-Extreme4-Realtek-Audio-Driver-6-0-1-8210.shtml

Edited by siryevvac - 28 Jul 2018 at 2:50am
Asrockuser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asrockuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 3:42am
I'm having an install problem, it won't install and this driver needs to be replaced with a working one. 

The Intel ME drivers seem ok but will test more. 

Edited by Asrockuser - 01 Aug 2018 at 9:54pm
Asrock Z590 Extreme
I9-11900k
G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4266mhz 1.45v
EVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra Hybrid
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & 870
Asus XG248Q 240hz
Seasonic 850W Platinum PSU
siryevvac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siryevvac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 3:51am
OK so I checked the specifications on the Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7 and the audio chipset is the same as the z370 extreme 4.

So I figured, why not try those drivers? And it worked!

They are the "Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8454" posted 2018/7/23.

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z370%20Professional%20Gaming%20i7/index.asp#Download

I would imagine this would also work for the z370 taichi as the audio chipset is the same on all 3 boards (taichi, extreme4 and Fatal1ty) but somebody with the taichi will need to confirm.

Edited by siryevvac - 28 Jul 2018 at 4:00am
SirZephy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirZephy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 7:42am
Same issue here.  
The only way to get them to install is to uninstall the Microsoft ones through Device Manager which will allow the install to progress, but after rebooting it reverts back to using them even though the Realtek ones are supposedly installed.  
The install dir looks barren as well; definitely a case of superb quality control.

Edited by SirZephy - 28 Jul 2018 at 7:49am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic